A suprisingly Disney day!!

Grumpy'sWife4Ever

DIS Veteran
My DH, who works at the Tillamook Cheese factory, called today to say that Radio Disney was setting up in front of the factory and that I should bring the kids to check it out! Turns out they were broadcasting in honor of Tilly Cheese's 100th anniversary. I threw the kids into Disney shirts and off we went! In the end, the kids ended up with locker posters (Jonas Bros on one side, Princess Protection Program on the other) and a gift bag of magazines, tattoos, etc. My DD4 was selected to participate in one of the games, and she scored a pad of Bolt! post-it notes and an inflatable "Rhino" ball - perfect because her FAVE movie right now is Bolt!! :lovestruc

Here are a couple of pics, my DS 11 and DS 7 hanging out by the Radio Disney van....
DSCN7798.jpg

DD with with her game winnings
DSCN7796.jpg

And with Rhino all inflated and ready to roll! :rotfl:
DSCN7801.jpg

I just love it when a little unexpected Disney magic drops into our day! Makes it (almost) bearable waiting for our next trip back to DLR....

Aww dang! I should have driven to Tillamook today to check it out. Boo; well glad you all had fun :)

My DD4 was selected to participate in one of the games, and she scored a pad of Bolt! post-it notes and an inflatable "Rhino" ball - perfect because her FAVE movie right now is Bolt!!

Well. You tell her I'm really jealous of her right now. Bolt is my favorite movie right now too! I rented it free for my birthday from Hollywood video and have wtched it 3 times since then lol. I remember touring the cheese factory when I was little on a field trip. It's pretty far North for us unfortunately, but Tillamook is the best!
That is very cool of Disney I'm glad you all enjoyed ;-)

Oh my goodness, now I am drooling just thinking about how much I miss Tillamook cheese! :sad2: It's my favorite! :banana: We used to get it all the time when we lived in California but we do not get it here in Virginia! :mad: Is there anything better than a nice grilled Tillamook cheese sandwich on sourdough bread? :thumbsup2 I can't get THAT here, either! :sad2: I toured the factory with my family when I was a kid, they had the best soft ice cream too, and of course the samples of cheese! :yay: Yum! :cheer2: Sorry if this is too :offtopic:

I always love to hear how much people love Tillamook cheese, I in turn tell my hubby and he gets excited! :banana:
He actually MAKES the cheese - runs the vats, adds the ingredients, etc. If anyone ever does take the tour, you may very well see my husband working hard, pushing those buttons! :rotfl:

Very fun!

OP as you might remember, we like the cheese too (any news on getting the rennet out of the sharp white cheddar?????).

Very fun!

OP as you might remember, we like the cheese too (any news on getting the rennet out of the sharp white cheddar?????).

Sorry Molly - it doesn't look good. The rennet recipe is really the only "true" 100 year old recipe that they still use so they'll probably continue it for history sake if nothing else. Of course, all the other kinds of cheddar use the "other" kind....but there is just something about that sharp white, isn't there? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter