A SUMMER Adventure in Autism (6/26) We leave TOMORROW!

Day Five: Monday, July 1st!

Sorry, no pix -- I'm at work. Shhhhh!

Today will be the first of our two Magic Kingdom days. Billy has been very active on YouTube watching ride-along videos and has made his must-do selections:

- Space Mountain

- Buzz Lightyear

- Haunted Mansion

- Hall of Presidents (!)

- Big Thunder Mountain RR

And, the thing he is looking forward to the most: Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid! (He has always had a "thing" for Ariel... must be the voice!)

Try as I might, I could not get a dinner ressie for Be Our Guest, so we will be lining up at about a quarter to eleven in an attempt to eat a counter service lunch before the crowds swell to maximum! :crowded:

Then it's back to Kidani Village for swimming or napping! We'll come back in the evening for some other family favs: Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, etc. I have a feeling we may be going back to see Ariel again, too!

Dinner will be on the fly at whatever CS restaurant is convenient.

We may try to stay until the 10pm fireworks now that they are doing the big Fourth of July Spectacular all week long! (Monday night shouldn't be too crowded...at least not when compared to July 3rd and 4th.)

Ten days! :cool1:

Kathy

Billy and I could totally tour Disney together. I just noticed that all his top picks would be at the top of my list also! :thumbsup2 So, of course, your MK plans sound just perfect to me!

I hope you don't have too much trouble getting into BoG. I saw a recent trip report where they waited to get in for lunch and the line look L-O-N-G in the pictures, but it only took about 30 minutes so it seems to move quickly! Can't wait to read all about it!

Just a suggestion, people will cancel BOG right outside the 24 hour mark so the credit card doesn't get charged as a no show, you could always check the day before to see if you could snag a dinner.

Your trip is coming up fast! A week and a day left, have you started packing?:cool1:

Limited Time Magic sounds like fun! I want one of the cupcakes with Apple Pie Filling and Carmel frosting.

We lined up and ate at BOG for lunch. We were there pretty early and the line moves along pretty quickly. When we got in line we were back on the bridge. I am not sure how long it took to get through. When you get up to the ordering Kiosks they separate you into Dining Plan to the kiosks on the left and not on Dining Plan to the kiosks on the right. It gets a little crowded in the room where you place your order.:crowded:

Abby and I shared the Roast Beef sandwich. It was really good. We shared a bowl of French Onion Soup, and I had a strawberry cupcake. The soup was a little bland, it was made with vegetable broth instead of beef broth. The cupcake was really good. Ethan ate some french fries, he takes medicine that affects his appetite so he didn't eat much. Ron had the pork dish. He shared with Henry and they both thought it was delicious.

It was really nice to find a seat and have them bring you the food. There were tons of tables and we sat in the ballroom where the snow was falling. It was really calm and quiet in there. And it didn't take long for the food to arrive.

Sounds like a fun day planned. I hope you get into Be Our Guest.

I hope you don't have too much trouble getting into BoG. I saw a recent trip report where they waited to get in for lunch and the line look L-O-N-G in the pictures, but it only took about 30 minutes so it seems to move quickly! Can't wait to read all about it!

If it is really, really hot and really, really crowded we'll just bag it and go somewhere else. We'll have another MK day later in the week...

Just a suggestion, people will cancel BOG right outside the 24 hour mark so the credit card doesn't get charged as a no show, you could always check the day before to see if you could snag a dinner.

That's a wonderful idea, Tracy! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Your trip is coming up fast! A week and a day left, have you started packing?:cool1:

It's actually coming even faster... we're taking 2 days to drive down and spending a night at one of the SeaWorld hotels before checking in at Kidani! We leave Thursday morning! :eek:

...It was really nice to find a seat and have them bring you the food. There were tons of tables and we sat in the ballroom where the snow was falling. It was really calm and quiet in there. And it didn't take long for the food to arrive.

I definitely am hoping for the Ballroom dining room and would love to be seated near the falling snow window. I think it would be very calming for Billy to look at. ::yes::

Fun Day, hooray for Ariel and QS at Be Our Guest. :goodvibes Can't wait to see your fireworks pictures

Tricia is a much better photographer than I am; I may give her that assignment!

:dancer::dancer: One Week!! :dancer::dancer:

Yay! Thanks!

What Amy said!!!!!!!!!!

Plans look good and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that BoG opens up and if not, lunch will be lovely :goodvibes

Thanks, Cynthia! I'm actually not too broken up about no dinner ressie there b/c there really isn't anything on the dinner menu that Billy will eat -- he is so very picky. But I am dying to go for the atmosphere alone! The pictures I've seen of the inside are gorgeous!

Sounds like a fun day planned. I hope you get into Be Our Guest.

Thank you, Scott! :goodvibes I am so NOT doing anything "commando" style on this trip!

Kathy

Fingers crossed that you get into Be Our Guest. We planned to do the same thing, but the line was CRAZY long! My boys were not into it so we skipped it....sad, but maybe next time!

Love Billy's must do list! :thumbsup2

/
Yikes! How did that sneak up on me?? :confused3

Well, the rest of the plan will simply have to unfold in the Trip Report. Naturally, it wouldn't be a Disney TR without some sort of pre-departure DRAMA, and we've got TWO...

Drama #1 - I'm at work and Ed calls me around noon. I think, "What's he doing up?" He worked last night and he's working again tonight -- he should be sleeping! Turns out we got a call from the place we were planning to board Aimee during our vacation. :dog: They are "very sorry for the inconvenience, but they overbooked and will not be able to take her tonight." TONIGHT!! Thanks for the heads-up, you guys...

So I just spent an hour calling around to find another place that would take a new dog at the last minute on a holiday week in the summer.

Grrrrr.... :headache:

Well, I finally found one that is not fully booked, but they require a 2-hr "evaluation" (for $20) before they will accept her. So now Ed has to drive her over there during what is essentially the middle of the night for a person who works at night and sleeps during the day. I'm sure they will take her, because she is a great dog, but the uncertainty is annoying.

Drama #2 - Guess who left his Nintendo DS in his locker yesterday on the last day of school? :rolleyes: And guess who keeps asking about it every 5 minutes?? I mean that literally -- every. five. minutes. OY!! We cannot do a road trip without that Nintendo DS!!! Luckily, we can pick it up today so Ed will have to add that little errand to his list. Poor guy. He planned to drive for the first three hours tomorrow morning, but if he gets cra*py sleep I may need to take the first shift.

Otherwise, we should be ready to start our road trip sometime around five tomorrow morning.

I will stop by with an update before bed.

Thanks for reading! :wave2:

Kathy

/

Well, the rest of the plan will simply have to unfold in the Trip Report. Naturally, it wouldn't be a Disney TR without some sort of pre-departure DRAMA, and we've got TWO...

Drama #1 - I'm at work and Ed calls me around noon. I think, "What's he doing up?" He worked last night and he's working again tonight -- he should be sleeping! Turns out we got a call from the place we were planning to board Aimee during our vacation. :dog: They are "very sorry for the inconvenience, but they overbooked and will not be able to take her tonight." TONIGHT!! Thanks for the heads-up, you guys...

So I just spent an hour calling around to find another place that would take a new dog at the last minute on a holiday week in the summer.

Well, I finally found one that is not fully booked, but they require a 2-hr "evaluation" (for $20) before they will accept her. So now Ed has to drive her over there during what is essentially the middle of the night for a person who works at night and sleeps during the day. I'm sure they will take her, because she is a great dog, but the uncertainty is annoying.

Drama #2 - Guess who left his Nintendo DS in his locker yesterday on the last day of school? :rolleyes: And guess who keeps asking about it every 5 minutes?? I mean that literally -- every. five. minutes. OY!! We cannot do a road trip without that Nintendo DS!!! Luckily, we can pick it up today so Ed will have to add that little errand to his list. Poor guy. He planned to drive for the first three hours tomorrow morning, but if he gets cra*py sleep I may need to take the first shift.

Otherwise, we should be ready to start our road trip sometime around five tomorrow morning.

Kathy

Oh my goodness, that is some major drama! I hope both items go quickly and Ed can get back to bed!!!

Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

YIKES!!! Hope everything calms down. Hooray for getting to go pick up the DS today, that will make your trip a lot easier I'm sure :goodvibes

Hooray, for tomorrow :cool1::cool1:

Have a great trip. Went absent from the TR's again and didn't realize your trip was so close.

I know you are probably well on your way at this point(Hopefully).

We have so many stories. We are from Delaware, so we maybe save an hour from your trip. We generally start the trip on at night right after dinner and I can make it generally till the South Carolina area before asking my wife to drive for a bit so I can get an hour or 2 of rest before breakfast. This year I am off the day before and plan to have her start off and see if I can make it most of the way till after breakfast and have her drive then till we get to the Florida welcome center(I love getting that fresh OJ after crossing the boarder.

We are driving a different car this year that has a DVD player on the ceiling so the kids are happy to be able to see some movies and entertainment. We are looking at that and the DS/Vita/ipods/kindle fire to keep them happy and entertained. I can't imagine the kids leaving something somewhere. Sounds like a nightmare of stress no one needs.

Hope you have a wonderful stress free vacation.

/

Kathy

Last minute drama. There's always something, isn't there?? And since you never made it back for an update, I fear there was more to come.
I hope things worked out with the doggie, and your son was able to get his DS.
Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!! I hope you are having a wonderful time!!!

I missed your send off. Hope you are having a great time.

That is terrible about the dog. If they had a facebook page I would comment on it. To do that so close is unacceptable.

I missed your send off here (caught you on Facebook) so I am just reading about your two pre-trip dramas! Crazy about the dog!!! I assume the she passed the "evaluation" with flying colors & is happily hanging out with the guy/lady who sleeps during the day. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter