Day 7
Tuesday 18th February 2020
Part 2 – Africa! Asia! Dinosaurs alive and well!

We arrived at Animal Kingdom at 4:30pm!

50741358551_16dd72bf9f_b.jpg

50741459097_7b936b5763_b.jpg

On the way in we saw Dug walking along to his meet and greet spot!
We tried to show him that he was on Jamie’s t-shirt but sadly he didn’t see.
I think he would’ve enjoyed that.

50740622723_9f5b27495e_b.jpg

50741461357_02f06374a6_b.jpg

Our first attraction was It’s Tough To Be A Bug!
An old favourite of mine and my mother’s from back in the day :laughing:
Fran was freaking out though, especially at the bit were the bugs crawl across your seats :rotfl:

50740622563_049ee70508_c.jpg

50740622478_c08a28dcaf_c.jpg

The best thing about us, you can’t live without us!
Still it’s tough, to, be, a, BUUUUUG.

50741460957_6d36e0b9ce_b.jpg

50741358086_602c5a6994_c.jpg

Then we headed over to use our fastpass at Expedition Everest…
Unfortunately the fastpass line was alllll the way back over the Dinoland bridge!

Me trying to get to the front:

giphy.gif

So we grabbed a beer at this bar next door, played I-Spy, and waited out the crazy line.

50740621883_4ae491f189_b.jpg

We went back to join the fastpass line, only to find that it was still crazy long…

50741357391_818528684c_b.jpg

But we got on the ride in 10-15 minutes so that was a great surprise!

50741357271_bfa6599ab8_b.jpg

50740621678_fb7d0e8f10_b.jpg

Woooo!

50744455553_46bb586a87_c.jpg

After Everest we had another fastpass to use, this time at Dinosaur!

50741357201_7a5ac73fd7_b.jpg

50740621563_d4fa95698f_b.jpg

The only thing that would make this selfie better would be if Dino-Sue’s head was perfectly between two of us :laughing:
And maybe if the angle was more flattering… Rob’s face says it all :scared: :laughing:

50741459027_79255824b3_c.jpg

Welcome to the Dino Institute!

50741459947_bc1578a04e_b.jpg

We got the front row and Fran screamed the ENTIRE time :rotfl:
I actually screamed a bit at the dino at the end because I forgot that he lunges forward towards you!
So that made me jump!

50740622218_b7f8824104_b.jpg

After the ride we spent some time in the shop!
Not the small shop connected to the ride building but the next shop along, I think from the MDE app it’s Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treats.
It’s a really fun shop!
We had some fun in there!

50741356946_fe4248e70d_b.jpg

Heeeeello there!

50741356701_440a9af864_b.jpg

Jamie and I were looking at the Monster’s University hats when a sweet old lady cast member came over to talk to us, and she wanted to take our picture wearing the hats :laughing: :lovestruc

50741459712_e6e4664935_c.jpg

When we eventually left the store, we decided to do Triceratop Spin!
Purely because it had no wait at all :laughing:
I don’t think I’ve ever done that ride before.

50740621178_b7d598c1e5_b.jpg

Fun!

It was now around 7:30pm so we headed out of the park.

On the drive home we decided to stop at a McDonald’s in Kissimmee to get some food to take back to the house.
Unfortunately there was a really annoying British family (I’m allowed to say that because I’m British :laughing:) of about 10 people who were the only other group in there, but they managed to get to the register before us :sad2:

They took
SO.
LONG.

THEN.
I really wanted a sausage and egg McMuffin because I thought you guys served them all day and we only get them until 10:30am back home.
I couldn't see McMuffins on the menu, so I ordered what looked exactly like a sausage and egg McMuffin from the picture, but was called a McGriddle.
I thought it might just be a different type of bread or something.
How different could it be?

A LOT is the answer :sick:

The bread had syrup in it or something?
It was super sweet.
I was no expecting that at all!

50741356326_fa337dcc4a_c.jpg

anigif_sub-buzz-4019-1512757074-1.gif

The boys also stopped at Panda Express for take out-while Fran and I waited in the car.
When they got back with their food they told us that they got accosted by a crazy person which sounds fun!

We got home at almost 9pm and everyone ate their food.
I at precisely one bite of my McGriddle then threw it out :laughing:

Thankfully I was able to munch on the tasty hummus and crackers we got from Walmart yesterday.

Then we wound down to watch a movie in the theatre room!
It took us a while to prepare though :laughing:

(Me and Fran quote that line from Bridget Jones all the time :rotfl: I muted out a bad word to keep this family friendly, but you get the idea!)

When Rob returned with drinks and snacks precisely 227 seconds later, we watched Tangled!
I forgot how good that movie was, it’s definitely one of my favourites!

50741356166_102af37e61_b.jpg

After the movie we all went to bed and had a great night’s sleep ahead of our busy day tomorrow!

Goodnight!

Last edited:
Within a couple of hours of the grown-ups leaving, Fran had burnt an egg to the kitchen hob, and Rob broke the garage door whilst trying to cool down the garage when they were playing table tennis.

Also Jamie broke a closet door by trying to hide in it later that evening, but that’s a story for the next update :laughing:
You guys are rough on houses!!! Too much rough-housing, I presume.

Hmmm... maybe that's where that term comes from. People like you! :lmao:
(when I say “broke” I only mean temporarily broke.
Thankfully we managed to fix everything!)
Phew!
When the boys were finishing up their garage gaming, Fran and I decided to hide in the closet off the kitchen bathroom, which turned into a HUGE manhunt for us :rotfl:
We were banging on the walls and singing and they could NOT find us :laughing:
It was a saga.
:lmao:
Here’s my Mickey Mouse backpack :teeth:
It has ears!!!
But HOLY COW.
I’ve never seen so much food as I saw at Walmart!
It was FANTASTIC!
:laughing: Never underestimate a US grocery store.
We also met this little robot guy, who apparently scans the shelves to monitor stock levels!
Huh. Never seen anything like that.
Number 1: CHEESE BALLS.
In the biggest tub you’ve ever seen.
I've seen that at Costco and couldn't imagine anyone buying it.

I stand corrected.
And when the naans ran out, these Ritz crackers were also delish!
Haven't had Ritz crackers in ages. And they're so good!
Our Walmart take on a Disney dessert :lovestruc
:thumbsup2
Then we got the tram from the parking lot to security, HOWEVER we had a bit of an incident, because the boys were following the football on their phones and Fran and I were just excitedly skipping along, we realised that none of us had A CLUE where we had parked :lmao:
I was sooooo expecting you to take forever finding it.
I don't know why, but Hymie looks so awkward in this photo!
Rob was a man on a mission, he was RUNNING :lmao:
:laughing:
When will I ever learn that there is now a camera in Pirates?!
Completely oblivious, all four of us :rotfl:
:rolleyes:
And love Hymie's spastic hand there.
Jamie and Rob spontaneously decided that as long as they were in the treehouse, they were ONLY allowed to speak in rhymes :confused3 :laughing:
:laughing: But of course! It could've been worse!
mmmm... yes please.
We strolled around and noticed these test bikes for the new Tron ride that was under construction!
They look pretty cool. Similar in design to FOP?
Jamie warned me about the back harness and told me to be careful, but I still somehow let it SLAM into my back :laughing:
Ouch. :(
Must remember that.
Cool shot!
Fran was freaking out going “HAS IT ALWAYS GONE THIS FAST” :lmao:
Wow! Gorgeous.
Next we had a fastpass to use at the Tomorrowland Speedway :laughing:
You fastpassed that?!?!?!?! :rotfl:
I drove me and Jamie, and even after last time in 2018 when Jamie kept yelling, “YOU’RE OVERCORRECTING!” at me, I just immediately slammed the car from side to side on the track :rotfl:
I got this video clip of us on the Mad Tea Party which still makes me laugh so much.
It’s just such CHAOTIC ENERGY.

:rotfl2:
:laughing: Certainly is!
I like this hat!
Me too!
Here’s the boys taking their galactic duties VERY seriously…
Soooo intense. Either (or both) make Galactic Hero?
We enjoyed our wildest ride in the wilderness while the fireworks were going off in the distance :love:
That sounds great. :)
Jamie loves soft toys, I should make a picture collage of all the hugs he’s given them over the years :hug:
::yes::
And by some miracle we actually found the car, pretty much straight away :cool1:
So anti-climactic! You should have lied and said you didn't find it until the next day.
You didn't play "legs or hot dogs"???

I don’t like taking pictures of scantily clad people at the pool, so here’s a picture I took of the club house instead :laughing:
Yeah, that'll get you some looks all right.
It's legal... but is it ethical??
And here’s a Googled picture of the waterpark :thumbsup2
Cool!
I was screaming so loud that when we got to the bottom the attendant lady said she was getting ready to help a young child :rotfl:
We sat out in the sun for a while, then at around 2pm we went back to the house and made burgers for lunch.
mmmm... burgers...
On the way in we saw Dug walking along to his meet and greet spot!
We tried to show him that he was on Jamie’s t-shirt but sadly he didn’t see.
I think he would’ve enjoyed that.
Well, he's a dog, so I suppose he can be forgiven.
Fran was freaking out though, especially at the bit were the bugs crawl across your seats :rotfl:
Then we headed over to use our fastpass at Expedition Everest…
Unfortunately the fastpass line was alllll the way back over the Dinoland bridge!
Whoa! What the heck was going on? Must've been down for a while?
But we got on the ride in 10-15 minutes so that was a great surprise!
Not bad at all, considering the size of the line.
And maybe if the angle was more flattering… Rob’s face says it all :scared: :laughing:
:rolleyes:
We got the front row and Fran screamed the ENTIRE time :rotfl:
When we eventually left the store, we decided to do Triceratop Spin!
Purely because it had no wait at all :laughing:
I don’t think I’ve ever done that ride before.
I don't know anyone (without a small child) who's done it!
Unfortunately there was a really annoying British family (I’m allowed to say that because I’m British :laughing:)
This is a truism.
I really wanted a sausage and egg McMuffin because I thought you guys served them all day and we only get them until 10:30am back home.
I ordered what looked exactly like a sausage and egg McMuffin from the menu, but was called a McGriddle.

It was super sweet.
Not a wise purchase at all. Why didn't you get the sausage and egg mcmuffin???
When they got back with their food they told us that they got accosted by a crazy person which sounds fun!
Your idea and mine don't seem to be on the same page!

We also met this little robot guy, who apparently scans the shelves to monitor stock levels!
I’m in the future!
I saw one of those once in our Walmart and had no idea what it was doing!

Number 1: CHEESE BALLS.
In the biggest tub you’ve ever seen.
Leave it to us americans to have giant serving sizes.

Our Walmart take on a Disney dessert :lovestruc

50741337666_37bfd95844_c.jpg
So cute!

HOWEVER we had a bit of an incident, because the boys were following the football on their phones and Fran and I were just excitedly skipping along, we realised that none of us had A CLUE where we had parked :lmao:
I feel like this is something we would do. Especially since we don't usually drive. So, we would totally forget to check.

When will I ever learn that there is now a camera in Pirates?!
Completely oblivious, all four of us :rotfl:
Ha! It really is in the worst spot. Or rather the most boring spot.

Although I must admit, I haven’t made anything from it yet.
But it’s a nice kitchen accessory :thumbsup2
Ha! I was going to ask if the reciepes were any good. Any good reciepes that you want to try?

So we grabbed a beer at this bar next door, played I-Spy, and waited out the crazy line.
I like how you guys think!

I'm glad I read your update today. I'm headed to Walmart after work today and I didn't know about the Naan bread :oops:. I've been wanting to try this but I don't like Indian food so I've never stopped in a restaurant before, guess I can try it now. :thumbsup2

Yay Meghan welcome back!! :hug: glad you're here!

Thanks! Hopefully this time I'll stick around for a while before my next DISappearance ...hehehe

Yes we just celebrated 10 years together this April! And I turn 30 later this year :ssst: so I'll have spent a third of my life with him haha!

Congrats! That's a long time! You must really like each other or something :upsidedow

We're rebooked again for September 2022, 3rd time lucky! Thankfully everything is planned and booked (florist, cake, band etc etc etc) and SURELY covid restrictions will be fully over by then...... :rolleyes1

Oof. So frustrating with all the rescheduling. But you're taking it in stride like a champ! I sooo hope (for you, and for all of us) that things are much much better by September 2022. :hug:

Jamie bought me one of these reversible octopus things for my work-from-home office so that I can communicate my emotions and he know when to approach with caution, so it sits on my desk facing the door in one of these two positions :rotfl:

51hkJd3oE8S._AC_SY355_.jpg

This is brilliant! I actually just bought one of these online for my niece for her birthday (small world!) but I'm thinking I should probably have one for myself for my office so my co-workers know when to beware. ::yes::

Was it dark Thursday last Thursday or is it this coming Thursday? I hope it went/goes well!!! You and your fabulous black nails will rock it :goodvibes

It was the previous Thursday, and it was dark for sure. (Thinking about going back to work is hard!) But now I'm getting back in the groove of things, and some days are darker than others. It's all good though. We're getting the hang of being back in school again :)

Haha have you done that tour before?! I want to do it so bad but when I mention it Jamie looks at me like I'm a crazy person

I have done the Behind the Seeds tour! It was quite good! I liked it okay, but my husband liked it more. If you're into gardening, or even just the Living With the Land ride, it's a pretty good value for the low price (assuming it hasn't changed since then. That was a few years ago.)

Fingers crossed Harmonious lives up to our expectations!

Amen, sista!

I mean, you're not wrong!! Also "yay I'm a llama again" used to be my instagram bio :rotfl:

HAH! That's great :)

Also Jamie broke a closet door by trying to hide in it later that evening, but that’s a story for the next update :laughing:

Oh no! You can't take that Jamie anywhere! :rotfl: The story was pretty great once I got to it!

Here’s my Mickey Mouse backpack :teeth:

50741442127_325099db8b_c.jpg

Cute and on-theme but also stylish! Great bag!

I’m in the future!
(Jennifer from Back to the Future 2 voice – no gif available sorry)

50740603183_964363d827_c.jpg

Wait what?! This is a thing!?

50741338251_0b7f0bfa18_b.jpg

I took a picture of the label to try to hunt it down here in the UK, but ALAS.
It does not exist here :sad2:
If anyone wants to send me some please feel free.
Preferably in a tiny portable fridge.
Thanks in advance.

Oh no! You don't have Sabra hummus in the UK? That's sad! We've also got it here in Canada, at least where I live, so I'll have to keep an eye out for a shipping-friendly tiny portable fridge to send some your way :lmao:

HOWEVER we had a bit of an incident, because the boys were following the football on their phones and Fran and I were just excitedly skipping along, we realised that none of us had A CLUE where we had parked :lmao:

This may cause some difficulty later on in the dark of night…

Uh Oh....

This also reminds me of myself pretty much every time I park my car to run basically any errand.

Jamie warned me about the back harness and told me to be careful, but I still somehow let it SLAM into my back :laughing:
Something to remember when the ride eventually opens!

Oh dear! That's good to know!

50741443342_658f877185_b.jpg

I got this video clip of us on the Mad Tea Party which still makes me laugh so much.
It’s just such CHAOTIC ENERGY.

:rotfl2:

You're all braver than I am! (Or at least have stronger stomachs!) But the carefree joy is evident in the video :lovestruc

And by some miracle we actually found the car, pretty much straight away :cool1:

Wow! That's not how I expected that one to end!

encore-pristine-02.jpg

I wasn’t keen on the idea of going down those big slides, mostly because I had eyelash extensions on and getting splattered with water doesn’t agree with them!
But who cares, we’re only in Florida around once a year, there’s no time for vanity here.

So I did the big blue slide three times.
You go down the slide either in a single ring or a double ring, and we always opted for the double ring!
I did it once with Fran and twice with Jamie.

This looks crazy and fun! The big blue slide looks really fun, but I bet it got really dark inside? Tube slides seem to be deceptively scary that way, at least to me! Once you go around a turn or two it's like being plunged into the dark of night.

Unfortunately there was a really annoying British family (I’m allowed to say that because I’m British :laughing:)

I couldn't see McMuffins on the menu, so I ordered what looked exactly like a sausage and egg McMuffin from the picture, but was called a McGriddle.

It was super sweet.

Oooh I'm so sorry! I think the "bread" is supposed to kind of be a pancake? But it's basically like a fake-maple-flavoured weirdly thick-but-tiny pancake. You're right. A lot different for sure.

When Rob returned with drinks and snacks precisely 227 seconds later, we watched Tangled!
I forgot how good that movie was, it’s definitely one of my favourites!

It really is! Gives Frozen a run for its money, I think. Frozen gets a lot of hype, and I think it's also good, but Tangled is highly underrated.

THIS IS AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing - you've sold it to me, I can't wait to plan this cruise in the future! I love Norway so much! We just went on the UK staycation cruise with DCL that just goes out into the channel and back - I can't wait to actually go somewhere and see the fjords from a verandah! Beautiful pictures :lovestruc:love:
You're welcome! It's hard to take a bad picture in Norway or in the Scottish Highlands for that matter. One bit of advice: When in Norway with DCL or on any other cruise line, eat and drink on the ship you'll save an awful lot of your Euros.

Where I live in the UK we have very big supermarkets.
Don’t worry about us please, we are very well stocked.

But HOLY COW.
I’ve never seen so much food as I saw at Walmart!
It was FANTASTIC!

I lol'd at this! Pretty sure most Americans would be like okaaaay but I love a trip to an American supermarket and Walmart is just next level weird!

I’m in the future!

What? Craziness!

We enjoyed our wildest ride in the wilderness while the fireworks were going off in the distance :love:

This is such a different ride at night, love it!!

Fran and I watched as he ricocheted off each side as he got to the bottom, it looked so painful!

This is why I no longer do Summit Plummet!! OUCH! Not fun!

Day 8
Wednesday 19th February 2020

Part 1 – Couples trip to Universal

Hello DISBoards!
Jamie and I have news…

Meet Ted!
Or Teddy :lovestruc

51830044421_4e3469af95_c.jpg

51829089987_8ff47cab57_b.jpg

Born December 15th 2021!
These pictures were taken when he was 1 tiny week old, now he's 5 whole weeks old!

We are obsessed with him, and I can't wait to take him on his first Disney trip!

But anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming, I promise I'll get this finished eventually, even if I am typing one handed for the foreseeable future :rotfl:

---

Good morning!

We had plans to go to Universal this morning!

I had gotten all ready to go in my Back To The Future t-shirt and E.T. sweater, when unfortunately Rob came to tell me that Fran wasn’t feeling it and wanted to go shopping at the Premium Outlets instead.
He asked if I wanted to go with her, but I think from my attire it was clear that I was PUMPED for Universal :laughing:

So Rob and Fran went shopping, and they dropped Jamie and I off at Universal on the way!
They were coming to meet up with us later.

Jamie and I arrived at Universal at around 11:30am!

50742614503_06643cc996_b.jpg

50742614463_83c0c62c0f_b.jpg

50742614438_15d9d6e8ac_c.jpg

As we were going through the turnstiles with our annual passes, a team member told us about the complimentary badges and magnets that you can get from the annual passholder lounge!

We also didn’t know that there was a lounge :laughing:
So that was first on our agenda!

On our way, we saw so many characters out and about!

Squidward!

50743346606_da1742f9fb_b.jpg

Betty Boop, Popeye and Olive Oil!

50742614353_5fb440326f_b.jpg

Shaggy and Scooby!

50743346531_2e8bff590e_b.jpg

50742612038_b1740a8968_w.jpg

Here’s me and the Mystery Machine!

50743456882_8e3c55bbf0_b.jpg

We found the annual passholder lounge, which is in this building with the red drapes, next door to the pharmacy!

50743456777_16bc0d3e97_b.jpg

There wasn’t too much going on in there but it was a nice little space to sit down in the AC.
I think characters stroll in and out of there occasionally too!

We didn’t stay for long though, we just picked up our badges and magnets and headed back out.

50743346501_aa9071b895_c.jpg

Parade!

50743456727_bea67f24f0_b.jpg

I really wanted to ride E.T., so that’s where we went first!
The line said 30 minutes, but after the video (HELLO. I’M STEVEN SPIELBERG.) it was a walk-on!

50742614153_2fc60a9d98_b.jpg

ET didn’t say goodbye to us again, how rude.
I swear he never does!

Me when E.T. phones home but doesn’t say goodbye.

giphy.webp

50743456677_218220b0a4_c.jpg

50742614098_1ec2f6245e_c.jpg

Even more characters out!

50743346291_4329fa92d3_b.jpg

Next we bypassed a huuuge line at Men In Black by going through the single rider line!
We ended up in cars that were opposite each other, which made it funny when you go through the scanner and see that everyone in the opposite car is a BUG :rotfl:
You have to shoot at the other car, and if you hit their target their car spins super fast, so we were cracking up at that point!
I didn’t hit them once, but my car spun loads!
Jamie reckons he hit us a bunch of time :laughing:

I still beat his score though!

50743456562_4f1615760d_b.jpg

The man sat next to me looked at my score and said,
“Were you even playing the same game as us?!”

giphy.gif

`I shared some tips with him and his son, even though I’m nowhere close to maxing out my score…is that even possible on this ride?!

50743346241_f368940f98_b.jpg

50743456497_95dcec033a_c.jpg

We were feeling peckish at this point so we went to the Simpsons food court!

50743346176_56331841c9_b.jpg

I queued up for the double batter chicken platter and Jamie went to get the fish equivalent, and we shared both!

50743456452_0a23663985_c.jpg

Jamie got through the register much quicker than me, but he did a great job at scoring us a table in Moe’s!
It was sooo busy in here, people were wondering around with their food looking for tables, and others sat down with no food holding tables!
We were chatting about this while we ate, saying that it’s poor form to hold tables because it slows the whooole pace of the restaurant down…
However we would probably do it ourselves :laughing:
(Don’t hate me.)

We finished up our food and headed out of Moe’s, stopping to do the love machine first :laughing:

Jamie:

50742613863_022b75f3b6_c.jpg

Me :cool2:

50742613778_e5f36954ba_c.jpg

We went back to Men In Black and the standby line had gone down to 15 minutes!
So we queued and sat together, and Jamie beat me…JUST!

50742613768_a0ed1ec82e_b.jpg

50743456247_66f72e5661_b.jpg

Next we headed over to ride The Mummy, which is one of our favourites!

50743456217_3bdef9be70_b.jpg

Then it was time for ANOTHER go at Men In Black :rotfl:
We’re a very competitive couple.
We joined the single rider line and there was literally nobody to be seen ANYWHERE.
However there was a group being held in the pre-show room who suddenly appeared and were quickly approaching us from behind…
So we high-tailed it to the front of the single rider line and got on together in our own car, just the two of us!
Jamie got in first and climbed over to the back left, logically.
I however had other ideas, and got myself into the prime position of front and centre :rotfl:
This did allow for Jamie to try to embellish his score though.
When I said I had 95k, he just happened to have 96k :rolleyes2 :laughing:

phony-grease.gif

For some reason I didn’t take any photo evidence of this ride through, which is annoying because I scored 413,000!!!
I rarely break 400k so this was one of my best scores ever I think.
And Jamie got 375,000 (if he is to be believed…which I think he is) which is also extremely good!

Next we decided to do The Simpsons ride, and while we were in line we got a message from Rob and Fran saying they were here!
They were just getting lunch at City Walk, Rob got Panda Express and Fran got something from Moe’s Southwest Grill.

50743456182_191d5e5341_b.jpg

50743345866_29c7002785_c.jpg

We rode The Simpsons and I didn’t actually hate it as much as I did before, maybe because I was wearing contact lenses today?!
Last time we came my eyesight was terrible, and as soon as I got home I went to the opticians to get glasses and contacts.
Maybe I wasn’t straining my eyes so hard and giving myself a headache this time around!

Continued in next post!

Last edited:
Wow that's big news! He's adorable! How did this come about??? :-) Glad you've picked up where you left off on the TR. Next trip to Orlando we definitely need to give Universal another try. We've only been once and it was many years ago.

Day 8
Part 2 – Harry Potter Shopping

After the ride we headed to the front of the park to meet Rob and Fran!

50743345841_6d9c4d93cb_b.jpg

The four of us headed to Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley because Fran wanted to do some shopping.

50742613503_a8540af537_b.jpg

50743455997_c0516cf733_c.jpg

50743455957_5c387761c8_b.jpg

Jamie and I had just returned from northern Norway where we’d seen the northern lights, so we loved this poster!
Sadly I don’t think it’s for sale though.

50742613348_d09466e65f_c.jpg

50743455872_feef6f3097_c.jpg

50743345606_9cb426d349_b.jpg

50743345536_e119277c5c_b.jpg

50742613158_1da4fbf62c_b.jpg

50742613088_f166c803cc_c.jpg

50743455672_f5c3484c3e_b.jpg

50743455622_d162b3c2db_c.jpg

Fran had been telling us that her 18 month old nephew now has a dreaded naughty step…

OilyNastyAustraliankestrel-max-1mb.gif

We found this t-shirt that he should be made to wear while he’s in time out!

50743454397_88315c35cd_c.jpg

Fran wanted to buy Hermione’s time turner, but she thinks she bought an evil one by accident :rotfl:

50743455597_c0398a8788_b.jpg

It’s ok though because she’s a secret Slytherin.
She’s told me this before, AND I caught her wearing Slytherin pyjamas this trip!

50742612968_5e56a72e1c_b.jpg

50743455472_80ac42a63d_c.jpg

50743455442_f64b6228ce_b.jpg

After some shopping and Universal sightseeing we headed back towards the exit.
And on the way we saw this very very good boy!!!

50742612778_fdf2b56cd2_c.jpg

Behind the scenes… :laughing:

50742612813_525da803b6_b.jpg

Anyway, as I said, we were heading towards the exit, but SOMEHOW I was convinced to go on Rip Ride Rockit on the way out!

50743344356_6772f1461f_b.jpg

I sat with Jamie, and Rob sat behind us.
Fran sat it out and I don’t blame her at all.
I swore this ride off about 5 years ago because that vertical incline just feels AWFUL to me.
It really makes me feel so unsafe, like I’m going to fall backwards out of my seat or something.
There’s also a jolt when you’re near the top, which is obviously just the ride system locking you into place on the track or something, but it seriously made my heart stop :rotfl:

I also thought that you were supposed to choose your song while you’re on your way up that vertical incline, so I waited until we set off to start looking through the options, but the screen cut out as soon as we set off, so I didn’t even have a good song!
It was just like generic elevator music!
(OK, maybe a bit more fun than elevator music.)
How annoying!
Jamie had chosen Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk which was probably a good one!

Anyway, last time I rode Rip Ride Rockit years ago the incline completely ruined the whole thing for me because I felt so uneasy for the rest of the ride,
BUT I actually managed to enjoy it this time!
Once I was over the top of the incline I felt relieved, so the rest of the ride felt like a breeze in comparison!
I was proud of myself, I think this was a moment of personal development.

original.gif

Now it was time to leave the park, and drive over to Epcot!

50743455342_d317a77fa5_b.jpg

50743345016_6c932b9c0f_b.jpg

Continued in next post!

Day 8
Part 3 – An Epcot Evening

50743455227_b3f9f25509_b.jpg

50742612668_d0abf7925d_b.jpg

We parked up at Epcot at 5:30pm and headed through security.
One of the security guards saw my Back To The Future t-shirt and decided to grill me about the movie :rolleyes2
He was like “HERE’S A QUESTION FOR YOU, when Marty McFly goes back in time and goes to the café, what does he order?”
It felt like when teenagers wear Rolling Stones t-shirts and their parents are like “NAME ON ROLLING STONES SONG.”
Fortunately for me it’s one of my favourite films, so I just said “Pepsi Free!” and he did a little bow down to me, and allowed me into the park :laughing:

As soon as we entered the park we were able to use our Spaceship Earth fastpass!

]
50742612638_c6ee83cd99_b.jpg

50743454347_8803ec7619_z.jpg

50742612608_13593a8a33_b.jpg

Then we used a fastpass for The Seas With Nemo and Friends, which had approximately zero people in line :laughing:

50742612583_b6010b345f_b.jpg

50742612558_1afe56d936_b.jpg

Fran is big on ocean conservation, so she was a big fan of all of the stuff after the ride.
We were looking for the sea turtles in the aquarium but we couldn’t find them, same as last year…have they gone somewhere?!

50742612508_74cf7a16b5_b.jpg

50743454917_96712a27fa_b.jpg

50743454887_434ab3e638_b.jpg

One of the manatees was being so cute, tucking his little flippers into his chest and doing barrel rolls :lovestruc

50743454857_07a6c685a9_b.jpg

We soon left The Seas pavilion because Lin and Ian had landed back from Dallas a couple of hours ago, and had come to meet us at Epcot for dinner!
We met them right at the front of the park in front of Spaceship Earth, and headed around World Showcase to find some food.

50742611933_fef0ff1ddd_b.jpg

Last year we had a really tasty quick service meal at Tangerine Café in the Morocco pavilion, so we decided to check out their table service restaurant called Spice Road Table!
We thought it sounded like someone flipped through a dictionary and threw three random words together :laughing:
The outdoor seating was super busy so we were hesitant to ask about a walk-up, but they were able to seat us inside straight away!

50743344621_815bd2e49b_b.jpg

I had the lamb sliders which were delicious!
They had had olives and tzatziki on them, and came with a side of hummus fries.

50742612343_1a6fd00f62_b.jpg

I did ask for some extra tzatziki to make the sliders EVEN better.

50743454797_fbaa948768_b.jpg

Everything about that ticked my fancy, and it did not disappoint!
I would definitely go back!

50743344576_4561f49045_b.jpg

Fran had somehow managed to score SIX fastpasses for Soain’, so after dinner we headed over there!
Since doing it with us the other day, Soarin’ was now Lin and Ian’s favourite ride!
Soarin’ evidence, or it didn’t happen :thumbsup2

50743344551_e09445b604_b.jpg

We were on the right-hand side of the screen again, this time in the middle row.
I really wanted Lin and Ian to see it from the front and centre but oh well!

After Soarin’ we left the park while the fireworks were on.

50742612168_3ec4ec1e54_b.jpg

We got home and played dominoes outside by our lit-up pool, and had lots of drinks and snacks!

51830760410_b93495a4ed_b.jpg

50743454577_20f619a253_c.jpg

It was a great way to end a busy day!

Goodnight!

Congratulations!!! He is absolutely precious 🖤

Thank you!

Wow that's big news! He's adorable! How did this come about??? :-) Glad you've picked up where you left off on the TR. Next trip to Orlando we definitely need to give Universal another try. We've only been once and it was many years ago.

Thanks! We've had bad luck with our wedding, September 2020 was cancelled due to covid, and August 2021 was cancelled because our venue double-booked us when they were rescheduling everyone :furious: but who says you have to do wedding then baby, why not baby then wedding?! So our wedding it rebooked for September 2022, and we'll have a little 9 month old suit to buy!

CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby Ted!
What a lovely picture of the three of you!

Thank you! I was nervous taking a 1 week old to a photographer but all of the photos came out fantastic!

Congratulation on little Teddy!

Thank you!

Ahhh! Congratulations!! Teddy is just precious 😍

Thank you! He is isn't he, in my completely unbiased opinion :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter