Yay for another TR! I just finished reading your 2019 report and jumped on over. I was actually in WDW February 27-March 1, so I totally get that weird feeling of being there right before everything exploded.

Your TRs are always so much fun, and I can't wait to read all about your adventure! :D

We were so lucky weren't we!! We got one last trip in before everything changed so much! I'm really curious about how it feels to be there just now.. :scratchin
Thanks so much for reading, glad you're here! :flower1:

Yay! I so enjoy your trip reports! :-)

Aw yay thank you and :welcome:!!

That's brilliant!!! My God... what if everyone used all their brains like that? World hunger? pfft. Thing of the past! War? Just a bad memory.

:lmao:

Which is... what?

Oh my goodness do you people not have netball over there??!! It's a sport that's fairly popular with ladies over here and in Australia and New Zealand I believe! Similar(ish) set up to basketball except we can't run with the ball, and we wear little dresses :teeth:

giphy.gif

Summer wedding. :)
Disney wedding??

Sadly not! Edinburgh though! :love:

This is so sad. This is what it looks like now:

Hahaha amazing!

Done that. :)

Did that too. I mostly looked at the dogs and not the scenery! :laughing:

Ooh where have you done these? Northern Canada somewhere?

Nice. In all the years (about 8) that I lived up north, I never tried to photograph them.
You want to know why?
I have no idea!!

Crazy!!

How rude! She should stay at her desk with you.

Yes correct I will pass along your feedback.

Very pretty!

Thank you!

I do that as well and... then I get to the restaurant and the server tells me the special and I eat that instead.

Being spontaneous is a great way to be!

Just a plane ol' view. Nothing special...

Now I find that odd. I would never expect tomatoes on a pizza unless I specifically asked for it.
Tomato sauce? Yes. Tomatoes? No.

Yes that's what I mean tomato sauce!! I just expect it to have tomato sauce on it BUT ALAS.

I wouldn't know. I get up, walk out of the building and don't look back.
I get the best feeling after every shift. :laughing:

Divine!

:laughing: welcome! :wave:

Following! I loved hearing about your other trips- they looked amazing!

Yay :welcome:!! Thanks for following along!

Oh my gosh, just looking at all these pics is so sad hahaha I forgot what it's like to TRAVEL and be able to go places without a mask!
Once COVID is in our rearview mirror, I certainly hope to never take things like that for granted again!

This looks like it was a really fun and exciting trip and I am looking forward to reading along! You always have the best TR's!

I KNOW pre-COVID life is just a vague memory now isn't it! So weird to look back at photos of nobody wearing masks and everybody touching things!
Aw thank you so glad you're here!! :hug:

Oh my goodness do you people not have netball over there??!! It's a sport that's fairly popular with ladies over here and in Australia and New Zealand I believe! Similar(ish) set up to basketball except we can't run with the ball, and we wear little dresses :teeth:
I've never heard of it.
However... Wear little dresses??? This sounds like something I should watch.
Ooh where have you done these? Northern Canada somewhere?
Depends on your definition of "Northern".
Right about here:
Yes correct I will pass along your feedback.
Let me know how it turns out.
Being spontaneous is a great way to be!
::yes::

Well... not always.
"You've gotta jump! The plane's going down!"
"Hmm... I think today I'm going to be spontaneous and not strap on the chute."
Yes that's what I mean tomato sauce!! I just expect it to have tomato sauce on it BUT ALAS.
Okay.
I have seen pizzas (on the menu) with different sauces other than tomato....
I eschew those.

Attachments

• 1612651681141.png
    1612651681141.png
    421.1 KB · Views: 0

Your report is so entertaining. I'm loving it so far.

Aw thank you! And :welcome: !

I just finished your last TR and was so excited to see I have another to begin! Can’t wait.

Yay thank you! :welcome: and glad you're here!

Following! Loved reading about your travels pre-COVID. Maybe you had a sense it was coming and you better go while you could. They all looked great but especially loved the pictures of Tromso! I prefer going warm places but it looks like it would be worth bundling up. Thanks for sharing your adventures!

:welcome:!! Yeah we feel really grateful we got away so much right before COVID! Tromso was definitely different to a traditional vacation but sooo worth it! It was like a fairytale!
Thank you for reading! :flower1:

You guys are such a cute couple. I wished I traveled like you guys do.

Aw thank you! Maybe once COVID is under control we'll all have a major travel bug, hope we all get away properly again soon!

We were there at the same time! Wasn’t life pre global pandemic wonderful? I can’t wait to go back. We have a “not until vaccination” policy in our fam and it’s so hard to wait. Eeek!

Lucky us, right before the world shut down!! I wonder if we ever crossed paths :scratchin That's a good policy, maybe they'll start relaxing the rules when people have proof of vaccination. It'll be worth the wait for you!

Following along! :wave2: I love your trip reports!

Aw yay thanks Raeven!! :welcome:!

I didn't get a chance to read your last trip report yet, but here I am anyway. Best wishes on your engagement.

:welcome:!! Haha, I don't blame you for not reading the rest of the last one, I posted about a million updates at once! Glad you're here though! :flower3:

What an adorable couple you are!
Great read. Thanks for posting!

Aw thank you!! And :welcome:

following along!

:welcome:Thank you!!

Sorry your wedding got pushed back. We were invited to two that had to reschedule. I can’t imagine how disappointing it must be. Hopefully you’re able to make it even more fabulous with the extra time to plan. And we’re gonna get an epic WDW honeymoon trip report when it’s all said and done, right? Riiiiiight?

Thanks so much, yeah it was really disappointing, and super stressful to rearrange everyone (band, photographer, florist, cake etc etc) everyone was trying to rearrange wedding so finding a date that everyone was free was a nightmare! All I'm hoping for is the government's guest limit increases... we've invited 100 people so it will be awful to have to cut it down to 30!
And YES we have other honeymoon plans, but we are hoping to take a quick trip post-wedding and for my birthday in October! :scratchin

In for updates!

:welcome:!! Updates coming soon :goodvibes

I've actually only sailed to the Caribbean with DCL. So, base it off of what ports you want to see. The ship that comes to Europe is the Magic, and even though its the oldest, they consider it their flagship still, so the best of the best go there.

Great thank you! I'm looking into it, watch this space :sail:

Just finished up your 2019 trip report and I'm so excited to be here! Hoping you can return to the happiest place on earth sooner rather than later. :flower1:

Yay :welcome: and thanks for reading! Ugh me too, we have a couple of trips in the works but who knows when us Brits will be allowed to enter the USA again! Fingers crossed it's soon!

OMG this! When things are finally back to normal I don’t think I’ll be able to shut my brain off thinking about how filthy everything around me is. And can we just keep the mask habit if we’re sick? I can’t believe we all just sat in a room with our coworkers while they hacked cold and flu germs on us and we just accepted it.

I was reading someone’s report from a pre-Covid trip with a pic of their kids playing with one of the interactive displays. Disney put in SO much money on upgrading the queues, will they ever be able to reopen those now that we’re all a bunch of germaphobes? I have a two year old and a 4 week old. The idea of them playing with that stuff in a year or two or three makes me cringe when a year ago I was so excited to take my (would be) 16 month old on our long canceled May trip and show her all of that fun stuff.

Haha I know!! I was watching the videos of when Jamie and I went to see Post Malone in 2019 at the London O2, and it's just thousands and thousands of people crowded into a confined space, crazy!!

And yes tell me about it with the coworkers, although I'm guilty of it too. I really hate the culture of dragging yourself into work when you're sick because you want to appear committed to your job :sad2: Hopefully that will change now, and people stay home even with the slightest cough!

Oh yeah what a shame about the interactive queues. That one at Winnie the Pooh where you can run your fingers through the honey on the screen doesn't seem like such a fun idea anymore! I hope they will come up with some new ideas to create fun for your little one!

Following along! Excited to see more fun!

Yay :welcome: Glad you're here!

I've never heard of it.
However... Wear little dresses??? This sounds like something I should watch.

:lmao: maybe that's why we really get a crowd :laughing:

Well... not always.
"You've gotta jump! The plane's going down!"
"Hmm... I think today I'm going to be spontaneous and not strap on the chute."

:rotfl: I enjoy your plane stories :goodvibes

Day 1
Wednesday 12th February 2020
Part 1 – Off To Neverland!

Good morning!

tenor.gif

Rise and shine!
It’s Disney day!

giphy.gif

It’s a beautiful morning!

50556352371_cb5e3cbeea_b.jpg

Our alarm went off at 6am.
We showered, got ready, and left the room by 8am for our 10:40am flight.

I could tell Jamie was already in a silly mood.
I think he was over-excited.
When we were waiting for the elevator he asked if he should bring some ice from the ice machine, because it will be hot in Florida :scratchin
I said “yes absolutely”, because after 9 years together I know that this boy will never back down or refuse a “dare”.

tenor.gif

50556484542_797f21e0e9_c.jpg

He got this cube of ice and just had to let it melt all over himself :rotfl:
Then he acted really upset about the fact that his favourite ice was gone :confused3 :laughing:

We checked out of our hotel and walked over to Terminal 2.
We went through the Fast Track security line that I had pre-booked, however Jamie’s bag got stopped and checked, so we ended up taking ages anyway :sad2:

But WHO CARES WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY.

5abbe3ba0060139977a19cf69bc55ff3.gif

We got some plasters and anti-sickness tablets from Boots.
We’d learned our lesson after last year :sick: :sad2:

Then we got breakfast at Broderick’s!
We’ve never eaten here before.
We’re such terrible creatures of habit, so 2020 was the year we left our comfort zone.
We got sausage and bacon sandwiches, and americano coffees!

50556352181_64638b20a0_b.jpg

These were fine, and much cheaper than the huge breakfast we usually get at Frankie and Benny’s.
As people who don’t even eat breakfast on a normal day, I don’t know why we normally do that at the airport!

While we ate, Jamie and I discussed the TERRIBLE news that Splash Mountain and Test Track were both down for refurbishment for our ENTIRE TRIP.

:sad:

Splash Mountain is my absolute favourite, and Jamie loves designing cars at Test Track and trying to get the top score of the day on the big screen, so this was very bad news for us.

Jamie put on a real sad face, and cried out,
:sad: I wish I had my ice right now! :sad:

After breakfast we browsed the shops in our terminal.
Jamie bought me a book for something I definitely need to work on in all aspects of life :laughing:
Plus, the books were buy one get one half price, so we also bought David Mitchell’s book.

50556484342_24f5121064_b.jpg

At 9:45am our plane was called for boarding.
Unfortunately Jamie got stopped for a “random” security screening.
He does look rather shifty doesn’t he.

50555618848_d54f6ef8f8_c.jpg

:laughing:
The poor little lamb.

Soon we were sitting comfortably in our usual seats in the back right-hand corner of the premium cabin.
I love sitting in a two :hug:

Free champagne, yes please!

50556351816_661e4d3132_b.jpg

My view for the next few hours…

50556483922_e6c6ec53f7_c.jpg

There was no snow as forecast, thank goodness!

50556483722_d2f83c0a7a_b.jpg

We were still waiting to take off, when I noticed…

50555618623_3733f96db3_c.jpg

10:30am pre-take off must be a new record!

50555618258_d1f61fdabf_b.jpg

We had a pretty scary ordeal whilst taking off.
I like flying while we’re in the air, but I’m not a fan of landing, and I really don’t like take-off.
And for this take-off, we slowly taxied away from our gate towards the runway as usual, but as soon as we got there, we IMMEDIATELY SHOT down the runway at top speed, which was super unexpected.
But THEN the pilot hit the brakes, we came to a fairly quick stop, then went back around to the back of the runway queue…?!?!

giphy.gif

What the heckin’ heck.
That really freaked me out, I don’t know what happened.
Maybe they were told there was a gap for us to take-off right now but we’d have to be quick, and then they realised half way down the runway that they hadn’t been quick enough?
I have no idea.
I was very jittery after that!

Thankfully the next take-off was drama-free.

Here we gooooo!

:tinker:

tumblr_inline_np2uvpS07T1t3zj8a_500.gif

Off to Neverland!

50556351241_3bf4f183a8_b.jpg

Manchester United or Manchester City?!

50555617978_170de8d3d1_b.jpg

The food on this flight was a bit weird.
There was only a stir fry, and a curry that I didn’t like the sound of…
I got the stir fry and Jamie got the curry, but he ended up eating both :laughing:
The one time I didn't stuff my face at the airport! :sad2:

50556483187_a445a494c9_b.jpg

The little kid across the aisle from us had a super basic mac and cheese, which looked delicious, I had food envy :laughing:
We laughed though because as soon as this kid’s dad looked away for a split second, the kid DOUSED salt all over his mac and cheese :lmao:

These are the salt and pepper shakers!

50556483057_0fee79e399_b.jpg

And on the underside of their feet it says:

50556483012_2183e0dff0_b.jpg

“Pinched from Virgin Atlantic”

I don’t know if that’s kind of permission to take these?!
I wouldn’t dare though :laughing:

50555617533_4e36602db3_b.jpg

I listened to three episodes of the DIS Unplugged podcast, and I started watching Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.
I also drank A LOT.
More than usual I think.
They just kept bringing it to me, it’s not my fault! :rolleyes2

50556482812_1d412be6ed_b.jpg

We know which one of us can handle our drink :thumbsup2

50556350286_917967f0fb_c.jpg

(It’s actually debatable.
The above picture definitely does NOT prove that I can handle my drink.
Just that I’m a happy drunk :laughing:)

50556350256_9cac111053_c.jpg

I really like the afternoon tea that Virgin Atlantic do!

50556350156_a1097c9de7_b.jpg

Can you guess what food item Jamie can’t stand…?
(Hint from my previous 'About Us' post:
"Favourite Disney Snacks: [...] trail mix bags by Chip ‘n Dale Snack Company (although preferably without raisins :laughing:)"

50556349956_5066483a3e_b.jpg

Me on the flight to Disney:

50556349901_3ed4c0fbb7_b.jpg

Versus me on the plane home:

50555616988_8375dd0c6b_b.jpg

Before we knew it, we were coming in to land!
We touched down at Orlando International Airport at 3:30pm!

50556349761_37b0d82bcc_b.jpg

WOO USA! USA!

giphy.gif

When I turned on my phone, this photo came through from my friend Lou…
(My office desk buddy who I mentioned in my last post!)

50556481587_6eda5ab2f0_b.jpg

Haha! I’ve been replaced!
Also don’t ask why my office of 20-something year olds has a giant teddy bear in a high-vis vest.
It’s a long story :laughing:

Continue for next post!

Last edited:
Day 1
Wednesday 12th February 2020

Part 2 – You’ve Got A Friend In Me

We made it through passport control pretty quickly, collected our bags, and took the fake-orail over to the main terminal.

We arrived there at 4:15pm, and now we had to find Rob and Fran, who were collecting us from the airport to take back to their house!
Prior to the trip, Fran had told us she’d made a sign to hold up like a taxi driver :laughing:
And we found them wandering around the main hall, with THIS.

50556482112_c1c0c620c8_b.jpg

:rotfl:
Oh my goodness, we were dying laughing :lmao:

Again, two key quotes for anyone who’s just been skimming through:

“Short backstory – you might have seen from our group chat that we sometimes call Jamie ‘The Gull’.
This originated from a time when the four of us were at our local cinema.
I was holding a mini brownie up near my face ready to eat, but I was distracted for a few seconds talking to Fran, and when I wasn’t looking Jamie SWOOPED IN and just wrapped his whole mouth around my brownie (and fingers) and snatched it from me

Fran was completely outraged by this behaviour, and crowned him “THE GULL”
And now that’s all she calls him.
I haven’t heard her call him Jamie in months, he’s just “Gull” or “The Gull”.
Sometimes Gulliver.”

tenor.gif

And…

"If you’re new around here, Rob, Fran, Jamie and I are in a group chat called Come In Star Command, nicknamed the following:
Me: Woody
Fran: Buzz
Rob: Forky

Jamie: Little Bo Peep"

50562893993_dc6f9cd01f_b.jpg

Isn’t that the best thing ever :laughing:
Of course I brought it home, and I’m going to try to frame it :thumbsup2

YAY it was so good to see our friends!
We’re in Disney together again!

When-You-Finally-Connect-Server.gif

We walked through the airport and talked about everything Rob and Fran had been up to so far.
I also told them about our horrible take-off ordeal, and Fran was not impressed.
Fran hates “plummeting” :laughing:
We also had an awful take-off when Fran and I went to Disneyland Paris, which was much worse than this one.
To quote what Jamie shouts at me when I drive on the Tomorrowland Speedway:
We were “OVERCORRECTING” :rotfl:

Anyway, we made it down to ground transportation and walked over to the multi-storey car park.
That Florida smell and humidity really hit us as we walked over!
It’s always a very warm welcome here :goodvibes

source.gif

This was our car!
It was a big boy.

50556349161_77c1f7bd16_b.jpg

We loaded up our bags, and Rob drove us over to their house at Reunion!

50556349536_fcc10999f4_b.jpg

We were all super merry and excitable on the drive home.
At one point, Fran found something in the car and said,
“Ooh, a disc!”
To which Jamie replied,
“A fee-male disc”
Then all four of us just burst out into the Sound of Music at top volume :rotfl2:

NearWhirlwindElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

At 5:15pm we pulled up to our new home for next few days!
661 Lasso Drive!

50555616588_a1439967ce_b.jpg

We went inside and greeted Rob’s parents, Lin and Ian, with a big hug!
I found it so crazy that we were all in Orlando together!
How exciting!

They gave us a tour of their fantastic house.
Since I didn’t take pictures of the house tour, here are some of the listing pictures to give you a virtual tour.

Here’s the floorplan.
I found this picture but it was a mirror image of the house for some reason, so I just flipped it (hence the backwards writing).
So first floor is on the right, second floor is on the left.

50560560263_4acd045632_c.jpg

It is GIGANTIC.
It looks modest from the front, but it goes back so far, I couldn’t believe it.
The living space is all very communal and sociable, and I love how all six bedrooms have their own en suite bathroom.

50561430727_8b4b928e8a_b.jpg

50561431062_2e7ee131b5_b.jpg

50561303071_bb58e50260_b.jpg

50575568323_f79fcb28f8_b.jpg

50561302856_c0d09f4723_b.jpg

50561430642_0bb5370b5d_b.jpg

50561302716_18bab3889e_b.jpg

50561302626_8417b24502_b.jpg

50561430592_5383a77be3_b.jpg

Lin and Ian’s room:

50560559788_fdd0b2a601_b.jpg

Rob and Fran’s room:

50561302671_83d2380fa4_b.jpg

50576296256_b410685540_b.jpg

50561430672_577b9e7575_b.jpg

50561302931_e03195575d_b.jpg

50561430622_73dc41749e_b.jpg

There’s also a cinema room:

50561302891_d6a6aabe55_b.jpg

Upstairs laundry room:

50576296176_f49f79a457_b.jpg

And a games room!

50560559893_83b956fe65_b.jpg

It’s amazing, and it’s only a 10-15 minute drive to all of the Disney Parks!
(There are shuttle buses to the parks too.)
There’s also a club house, water park, fitness centre, tennis, volleyball and basketball courts!

The house is actually a rental home most of the time while Lin and Ian are back here in the UK.
I’d definitely recommend this resort if you want your own space post-COVID, or if you’re travelling with several people and fancy a bit (a lot!) more space than a hotel room!

After the tour, Ian popped some champagne, and we all cheers’ed!

giphy.gif

Lin also gave Jamie and I Encore resident cards to show that we’re ‘preferred guests’!
They’re so sweet :grouphug:

Our next order of business was a game of table football in the games room, of course.
This became a very common occurrence this week.
We played boys vs girls, and Fran and I won!
Then the boys tried to pretend that they let us win :laughing:

The boys didn’t want to play another game for some reason :scratchin
So we all went upstairs for Jamie and I to choose our room!
Since Lin and Ian, and Rob and Fran were already set up, there were ONLY four bedrooms left for us to decide from :lmao:

We chose this purple room, although we were very tempted by the Avatar room :laughing:

50556481822_1a7d826efe_b.jpg

Jamie and I unpacked and had a quick shower and outfit change.
Then we went downstairs and the six of us had snacks and drinks on the patio outside by the pool.

After a good catch-up, we all walked over to the club house to get food at Finns Restaurant.
I had a Finns burger, which was a really tasty cheeseburger.

When everyone was done we walked back to the house.
Lin and Ian went to bed, and Rob, Fran, Jamie and I had cups of tea and played some more table football.
Me and Jamie beat Rob and Fran, and then Jamie and Fran beat me and Rob.
Jamie declared himself the “overall winner” :rolleyes2

At 9:30pm we set ourselves up in the cinema room to watch The Stranger on Netflix.
(I’m not sure why there are so many limbs in the air in this photo? :laughing:)

50555616228_69b9fb885e_b.jpg

Aaaand I fell asleep within a bout 3 minutes :laughing:
To be fair, I was still on UK time, so it was 2:30am to me.

I think the others just watched the one episode, then we all went to bed.
Tomorrow we were having a relaxing day, then heading out to Epcot in the evening!

Goodnight!

giphy.gif

Click for next post!

Last edited:
Rise and shine!
It’s Disney day!
Woooo!
I said “yes absolutely”, because after 9 years together I know that this boy will never back down or refuse a “dare”.
Such excitement. I don't think that this could end well sometimes though.
But WHO CARES WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY.
Wooooo again!
We’re such terrible creatures of habit, so 2020 was the year we left our comfort zone.
Very good thing to do, especially in lockdown and these uncertain times.
While we ate, Jamie and I discussed the TERRIBLE news that Splash Mountain and Test Track were both down for refurbishment for our ENTIRE TRIP.
NOOOOOO! :worried:
Interesting. Of course, he's probably just tired as noted very shortly.
Soon we were sitting comfortably in our usual seats in the back right-hand corner of the premium cabin.
I'd probably do this too, if I had the means for such a long flight.
We had a pretty scary ordeal whilst taking off.
I like flying while we’re in the air, but I’m not a fan of landing, and I really don’t like take-off.
And for this take-off, we slowly taxied away from our gate towards the runway as usual, but as soon as we got there, we IMMEDIATELY SHOT down the runway at top speed, which was super unexpected.
But THEN the pilot hit the brakes, we came to a fairly quick stop, then went back around to the back of the runway queue…?!?!
Weird, and also scary.
Here we gooooo!
You can fly!
Cute!
Before we knew it, we were coming in to land!
Yay! Orlando!
When I turned on my phone, this photo came through from my friend Lou…
(My office desk buddy who I mentioned in my last post!)
:rotfl2:
Prior to the trip, Fran had told us she’d made a sign to hold up like a taxi driver :laughing:
Very talented! Also quite comical too.
“Ooh, a disc!”
To which Jamie replied,
“A fee-male disc”
Then all four of us just burst out into the Sound of Music at top volume :rotfl2:
Quite poignant for what happened on Friday.
The house is actually a rental home most of the time while Lin and Ian are back here in the UK.
I’d definitely recommend this resort if you want your own space post-COVID, or if you’re travelling with several people and fancy a bit (a lot!) more space than a hotel room!
The rooms look really nice. Did they theme them before they moved in, or when they built it, or did they do them themselves?
Our next order of business was a game of table football in the games room, of course.
This became a very common occurrence this week.
Of course they did.

:lmao: maybe that's why we really get a crowd :laughing:
:rotfl: I enjoy your plane stories :goodvibes
That's me. Plain ol' Pedro.
I could tell Jamie was already in a silly mood.
I think he was over-excited.
This is his standard demeanor, n'est ce pas?
When we were waiting for the elevator he asked if he should bring some ice from the ice machine, because it will be hot in Florida :scratchin
:laughing: I would've been shocked if he'd not done it.
He got this cube of ice and just had to let it melt all over himself :rotfl:
Should've put it in his pocket for safe keeping. His front pocket.
Then he acted really upset about the fact that his favourite ice was gone :confused3 :laughing:
This is tragic. I don't know how he could go on.
We got some plasters and anti-sickness tablets from Boots.
We’d learned our lesson after last year :sick: :sad2:

Then we got breakfast at Broderick’s!
Anti-sickness tablets for Broderick's. Got it.
We got sausage and bacon sandwiches
That looks amazing. And actual sausage as opposed to a patty!
:sad:
Not okay, Disney.
Maybe they didn't know you were coming.
Jamie put on a real sad face, and cried out,
:sad: I wish I had my ice right now! :sad:
Poor, poor Hymie. Life is simply unfair.
He does. I would consider calling off the wedding just to be safe.
Free champagne, yes please!
This part I get. Not sure of UK rules, but here, that's called being cleared for an immediate departure and probably "no delay" thrown in too.
This part I don't know. Almost certainly not a Tower issue, but a pilot one. Perhaps they didn't get their checklist completed? I don't know.
What the heckin’ heck.
That really freaked me out, I don’t know what happened.
Maybe they were told there was a gap for us to take-off right now but we’d have to be quick, and then they realised half way down the runway that they hadn’t been quick enough?
I have no idea.
I was very jittery after that!
I'm very surprised the pilot didn't come on and tell you guys what happened.
"Folks, this is your captain speaking. We're just going to taxi back to the runway as we complete a few checks."
Dunno... Something.
The little kid across the aisle from us had a super basic mac and cheese, which looked delicious, I had food envy :laughing:
:laughing: Rightfully so!
Love those.
“Pinched from Virgin Atlantic”
:eek:
I also drank A LOT.
More than usual I think.
They just kept bringing it to me, it’s not my fault! :rolleyes2
Yes, you're completely blameless here.
The above picture definitely does NOT prove that I can handle my drink.
Just that I’m a happy drunk :laughing:)
Also don’t ask why my office of 20-something year olds has a giant teddy bear in a high-vis vest.
It’s a long story :laughing:
popcorn::
I love that! It's perfect!
Fran hates “plummeting” :laughing:
Well... most do.
Who hasn't woken up in a cold sweat at least once from a falling dream???
We loaded up our bags, and Rob drove us over to their house at Reunion!
Place is amazing!
“Ooh, a disc!”
To which Jamie replied,
“A fee-male disc”
I love this!!!
"Ooh, a disc! A fee-male disc
Ray. The colour must be blue!
Me. A fan. Of all disc things!
Far. Is where we are from home!
So, can we play this CD?
La de dah, I love this song!
Tea, is all we Brits imbibe.
That will bring us back to disc, disc, disc, disc..."

It’s amazing, and it’s only a 10-15 minute drive to all of the Disney Parks!
:thumbsup2
(There are shuttle buses to the parks too.)
Even better!
Yes. It's a requirement in the man code book.

I just finished your last report! Congratulations on the engagement!! I am so excited that you have a new report to read as well!

We were in Disneyland Feb 2020 and it was so weird to be there as talk was increasing about COVID 19. Crazy that it is still going on, however I am thankful that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of this report. :)

You made it! Wow, love that house! Perfect for a group - looks like plenty of space to spread out. Nice to have a relaxing day coming up after your travels. Love Epcot in the evening - I'll watch for your next update!

Very good thing to do, especially in lockdown and these uncertain times.

Too right, it's been like Groundhog Day for almost a year..!

I KNOW. So sad. But it just means we'll have to head back soon :thumbsup2

I'd probably do this too, if I had the means for such a long flight.

I just like sitting in a two, mostly because I feel too awkward asking someone to move so I can go to the bathroom, even worse if they're asleep and I have to either wake them up or climb over them!

Very talented! Also quite comical too.

Haha, it's great isn't it! She put so much effort into it :lovestruc

Quite poignant for what happened on Friday.

Oh I know, how sad :sad2: I don't know much about him outside of The Sound of Music but he was so great in that. A very handsome man in his day too :goodvibes

The rooms look really nice. Did they theme them before they moved in, or when they built it, or did they do them themselves?

I think they bought it not too different to how it is in the pictures, but I remember them saying they were getting the Nemo room and Avatar room done, and adding Mickey characters to the games room!

Of course they did.

:laughing: Too much pride :rolleyes2

That's me. Plain ol' Pedro.

:lmao: POP.

This is his standard demeanor, n'est ce pas?

Oui oui, you've met him you know this :laughing:

:laughing: I would've been shocked if he'd not done it.

Honestly so would I :rotfl:

Should've put it in his pocket for safe keeping. His front pocket.

Haha! I'll "challenge" him to this next time! He'll go "You think I wouldn't do it?" and all i have to do is say "no I don't think you'd do it"... and he'll do it. :laughing:

Anti-sickness tablets for Broderick's. Got it.

Sorry for the bad advertising Broderick's :laughing:

Not okay, Disney.
Maybe they didn't know you were coming.

I know I forgot to ask them to open it up for me :sad2:

He does. I would consider calling off the wedding just to be safe.

OK.

This part I get. Not sure of UK rules, but here, that's called being cleared for an immediate departure and probably "no delay" thrown in too.

That's a little bit reassuring.....

This part I don't know. Almost certainly not a Tower issue, but a pilot one. Perhaps they didn't get their checklist completed? I don't know.

...this is still terrifying, especially from a plane man like yourself..!

I'm very surprised the pilot didn't come on and tell you guys what happened.
"Folks, this is your captain speaking. We're just going to taxi back to the runway as we complete a few checks."
Dunno... Something.

Yeah, no explanation or anything! Just took off like nothing had happened!

I love that! It's perfect!

Isn't it!! So talented :lovestruc

Well... most do.
Who hasn't woken up in a cold sweat at least once from a falling dream???

Oh yes for sure, Fran takes it to the next level a bit though. Asking if we're going to plummet on It's A Small World :rotfl:

I love this!!!
"Ooh, a disc! A fee-male disc
Ray. The colour must be blue!
Me. A fan. Of all disc things!
Far. Is where we are from home!
So, can we play this CD?
La de dah, I love this song!
Tea, is all we Brits imbibe.
That will bring us back to disc, disc, disc, disc..."

I laughed out loud at this! That is fantastic hahaha :lmao:

Yes. It's a requirement in the man code book.

Understandable :laughing:

I just finished your last report! Congratulations on the engagement!! I am so excited that you have a new report to read as well!

We were in Disneyland Feb 2020 and it was so weird to be there as talk was increasing about COVID 19. Crazy that it is still going on, however I am thankful that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of this report. :)

Ahh thank you! Well done for getting through the last report, where I spam posted a million updates at once!! :laughing:

We had the exact same experience at WDW, with people becoming more and more aware and vigilant, and all the hand sanitisers appearing everywhere! Yes definitely a much needed light at the end of the tunnel with everyone getting vaccinated! There's currently a travel ban from the UK to the USA so I'm really hoping that gets lifted soon!!

Thanks for reading! :flower3:

Yay, a new trip report! Finding this totally made my day, can't wait to read more!

Yay :welcome: !! Aw that's so nice thank you! Glad you're here!

You made it! Wow, love that house! Perfect for a group - looks like plenty of space to spread out. Nice to have a relaxing day coming up after your travels. Love Epcot in the evening - I'll watch for your next update!

We did!! Yeah it was nice to relax after travelling, it's not something I normally allow us to do :rotfl: And Epcot was really fun, we got so much done!
Thank you for reading! :hug:

Oui oui, you've met him you know this :laughing:
Haha! I'll "challenge" him to this next time! He'll go "You think I wouldn't do it?" and all i have to do is say "no I don't think you'd do it"... and he'll do it. :laughing:
I want photographic evidence!
I know I forgot to ask them to open it up for me :sad2:
Oversight on your part.
Yeah, no explanation or anything! Just took off like nothing had happened!
Well... I guess nothing did happen since you didn't find yourself in a plane that was cartwheeling down the runway.
Oh yes for sure, Fran takes it to the next level a bit though. Asking if we're going to plummet on It's A Small World :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter