Today is a very important day!
Fran and I had plans to sneak away from the boys for our girls day out to Magic Kingdom!

I love this idea especially since MK is my favorite park.

She loved us and wanted us to live there with her :rotfl:

I bet she did. Did she love your accents?

Our boat was named after Admiral Joe Fowler, who was apparently an admiral in the US Navy, who later helped oversee the construction of the Mark Twain Riverboat in Disneyland.
He remained as General Manager of the park for its first 10 years, then assisted with the construction of Walt Disney World.
What a guy!

I did not know this. Thanks for learning me a thing or two.

And it actually didn’t reopen all day.
And neither did Splash Mountain…

A SAD SIGHT TO BEHOLD.

:sad1:

So sad. This is my favorite themed ride in the MK.

We headed back through to the hub and got some cute photopass pictures!
The lighting isn’t great but I love how they came out!

Such cute photos!

(2021 comment: Remember when the castle was white like this?!
I love the new pink blue and gold look though!)

The castle looks so different. I really like the blinged up castle. The colors are so bright.

This breakfast was so fun!

You really did have a great time. I kept looking for my DD in the background. She was working there on the DCP back then.

We went into the Christmas Shoppe which Fran loved; she bought her sister a Sully ornament!
It was lovely and quiet and air conditioned in there, so we spent a while looking at all the decorations :lovestruc

I think this is my favorite store in MK.

I think other people were being a bit stand-offish with him (how can you be mean to that face?!?)

To be fair, those teeth do look sharp.

At 11am we moseyed back onto Main Street, and caught the Trolley Show, which I love love love!

Me tooo! I hope they bring it back soon.

After the ride we walked back through Belle’s Village, where we spotted Gaston!
We were very excited to see him out in the wild.
He shouted to us,
“LOOK AT THEM! I just look at them and they start giggling uncontrollably.”

How fun! I love this exchange.

(I call all of those shops down that side of Main Street “The Emporium” since you can pretty much walk all the way through from one end to the other, but does each section have it’s own name?! The theming is quite different as you walk through. Hmmm… I’ll just call it all The Emporium :laughing:)

Same, it's all the Emporium to me.

I also bought Jamie this luggage tag, as he’d had trouble finding his generic black suitcase when we arrived at the airport :laughing:

Fabulous idea.

Tronstruction!

Perfect word. I may have to borrow this.

We played 5 games of bowling, and somehow I managed to win one of them!
So of course, that was the only scoreboard I took a photo of :rolleyes1

Congrats to you!

For starters I got the lobster bisque:

This would have been my choice too.

And for my main course I had the filet mignon!

Another excellent selection.

Yay for a relaxing day!

Perfect down day.

Yay Katie!! I'm here! Just crawled back onto the DIS this week after a 1+-year-long hiatus, and was excited to see that you have a new-to-me trip report! Working my way through to slowly catch up. Yay!

Then cut to 2011.
I’m 19 years old, and I meet this guy

I don't think I realized that you and Hymie (hehe) had been together this long. The story of how you met/got together is so cute!

(EDIT: We’re cancelled :sad2:
But with a sense of perspective, it’s fine and it’s the safest thing to do for all of our guests, including at-risk and elderly guests.
So now our wedding is re-scheduled for August 2021!)

Sorry to hear this! I can't imagine how difficult it was/is for couples with weddings scheduled during the pandemic. A friend of mine from uni was engaged pre-pandemic and was just starting to think about dates, and then covid hit. They still haven't set one. Other friends ended up keeping their dates but having smaller ceremonies, etc. ...covid, man! What a time to be alive!

Favourite Disney Resorts: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian
Favourite Disney Table Service Restaurants: Sanaa
Favourite Disney Quick Service Restaurants: Columbia Harbor House
Favourite Ride at Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain! And the PeopleMover.
Favourite Ride at Epcot: Soarin'

Sometimes I feel that it may be possible that you and I are actually the same person.

Then, after further reflection, I see you going on amazing adventures to places I probably wouldn't attempt to go like the ACTUAL ARTIC IN NORWAY and realize that we have some sliiiight differences. :goodvibes This looked AMAZING though...more on this a few quotes later...

But part 2 of this trip involved Jamie and I spending five nights at the Sugar Loaf Club Level of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa!

:eek::eek::eek: How amazing! You must have felt like actual royalty! So special. :lovestruc

Although, I don’t know if we really fit in at the Grand, Jamie is far too badly behaved

:rotfl2:

Somehow in the space of 6 months we managed to visit:

Berlin, Germany (August 2019)
Tuscany, Italy (September 2019)
Tromsø, Norway (January 2020)
and
Orlando, Florida (February 2020)!

Wow! Quite a roster! Glad you got all this in pre-pandemic.

Look at us all mask-less!

Alas, those were the days... *sigh*

There are a bunch more on my Instagram @katiebearjamboree if you’re interested!

Requested to follow :)

If you visit Tromso in late January like we did, you’ll get about 3 or 4 hours of daylight each day!
It’s just dusky most of the time, until it gets completely dark.
As night owls, we loved this :thumbsup2

So beautiful! And perfect for you night-owl folk.

50555469686_a1044f9b89_b.jpg

50555469061_f34ab30463_c.jpg

It's entirely possible that these are two of the cutest pictures I've ever seen.

Look Epcot fans!
Real authentic school bread!
Or should I say, Skolebrød.

50554738173_0cd1bf111f_b.jpg

:eek:

Nathan (my partner) would looove this! He'd also love to visit Norway someday. Looks delish!

And after work I got my nails done.
BLACK LIKE MY SOUL.

50554754828_45b6b4c338_c.jpg

:rotfl:

I used to have a thing where when I was feeling a little moody or in the dumps I'd paint my toenails black. And then it became like a sign for Nathan to know not to mess with me :laughing: I've had some time off this summer and am heading back to work next week (when schools here go back in session in September,) so I've decided that I will allow myself to be sad about going back to work starting on like Thursday of this week (so I don't let myself start to feel sad about it now and ruin my whole week.) We're now calling this coming Thursday "Dark Thursday." All this to say that your post has inspired me and I'm thinking now Thursday I'll be painting my nails black. :lmao:

Jamie was so excited for Sanaa and Whispering Canyon :love:
I pulled up the menus on my phone and we planned out exactly what we were going to have for those meals :laughing:
Jamie even said that Sanaa is his favourite meal that he’s ever had!

Jamie and I have this in common. So Yum. Much Wow.

Also here is the duffle bag that Fran got me for my birthday!

50554753978_a256c7332d_b.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING!! I may have even taken a quick look online to see if I could find a similar one, but nothing available caught my eye.

While we waited for our food Jamie kept trying to make me eat a single chili flake but I was too scared :laughing:
Spicy things make me cough.

:laughing:

Fran sent us a picture and I noticed that coincidentally we’d both had our nails done in black :cool2:

BFFs obviously.

While we ate, Jamie and I discussed the TERRIBLE news that Splash Mountain and Test Track were both down for refurbishment for our ENTIRE TRIP.
:sad:

Soo sad! Some of the very best rides. :(

At 9:45am our plane was called for boarding.
Unfortunately Jamie got stopped for a “random” security screening.
He does look rather shifty doesn’t he.

Jamie and I ALSO HAVE THIS IN COMMON. I mean, I don't feel like I look that suspicious, but I always get pulled for extra screening. :confused3

And for this take-off, we slowly taxied away from our gate towards the runway as usual, but as soon as we got there, we IMMEDIATELY SHOT down the runway at top speed, which was super unexpected.
But THEN the pilot hit the brakes, we came to a fairly quick stop, then went back around to the back of the runway queue…?!?!

Oh. My. Gosh. :scared1: That would be horrible!

We laughed though because as soon as this kid’s dad looked away for a split second, the kid DOUSED salt all over his mac and cheese :lmao:

These are the salt and pepper shakers!

50556483057_0fee79e399_b.jpg

Hah! I love when I catch kids doing things like this! And then the kid and I have a secret that the parents will never know. Also those salt and pepper shakers are adorable, and I would have been tempted to "pinch" them myself!

Prior to the trip, Fran had told us she’d made a sign to hold up like a taxi driver :laughing:
And we found them wandering around the main hall, with THIS.

50556482112_c1c0c620c8_b.jpg

Oh my goodness, we were dying laughing :lmao:

Ahhh! :lmao:This is hilarious! You guys have the best friends :lovestruc

At one point, Fran found something in the car and said,
“Ooh, a disc!”
To which Jamie replied,
“A fee-male disc”

hehehe

I love how all six bedrooms have their own en suite bathroom.

That's so nice! The whole house seemed beautiful. And it's so great for people travelling with larger groups for each room to have its own bathroom. Definitely would help with getting ready in the mornings!

These rooms are amazing!! Like you, I would have been tempted by the Avatar room. And maybe even the Nemo room despite the bunk beds. :laughing:

The house is actually a rental home most of the time while Lin and Ian are back here in the UK.
I’d definitely recommend this resort if you want your own space post-COVID, or if you’re travelling with several people and fancy a bit (a lot!) more space than a hotel room!

This would be a great idea if you were travelling with a large/extended family. Thinking something like this might be nice for our family someday if we ever manage to get them all to vacation with us at the same time.

Aaaand I fell asleep within a bout 3 minutes :laughing:
To be fair, I was still on UK time, so it was 2:30am to me.
We’re at Epcot WOOO.
The first thing we noticed was the CONSTRUCTION.
Yum and wow, there was a lot of it.

How cute is this throw?

50556842792_5279fe7d25_b.jpg

This is the cutest! Disney really knows how to get me with the merch.

we headed towards MISSION SPACE, and we were feeling brave enough to do the orange team!
Jamie and I neverrrr do Mission Space Orange.
I think we only did it once back in 2012 and we both came out feeling terrible.
I had such a headache!
I had no idea what was going on so I was super confused by the g-force, and I think I just became totally disorientated.
But pour one pint of Norwegian beer down my gullet and HERE I GO.

You are much braver than I am! At least when you've had a Norwegian beer! :laughing: I'm glad it went over alright though! Sounds like you had fun.

I love Living with the Land, I want to work in there.
We were pointing out all of the hidden Mickey’s to Lin and Ian!

You'd make an excellent Behind the Seeds tour guide ::yes::

We were seated in the top right corner today...

9nDjXAw.jpg

HAH!

This was Lin and Ian’s first time riding Soarin’, and they thought it was so wonderful!
They both said it was their favourite ride now! :lovestruc

Aww I love this! It was a similar experience when we took Nathan's parents and sisters for the first time. Soarin' really can have that effect on people. :lovestruc

They’d watched the new (temporary) firework show Epcot Forever!
Jamie was telling me about the kites with the firework tails, he really liked that!
He also said that Tapestry of Nations is in the soundtrack, which I love :lovestruc
Hopefully I’ll catch it at some point this trip :thumbsup2

I'm a major Illuminations fan, but I actually loved EPCOT Forever. I know not everyone would agree with me. :confused3 The kites made me FEEL THINGS. And I also super love the Tapestry of Nations soundtrack. It was a win for me. Not the same as Illuminations, of course, and I'm also excited to see Harmonious someday, but EPCOT Forever was a solid in-betweener in my book.

I didn't do a TR for our DCL - Norway Fjords Cruise from Copenhagen, but here's a few of my pictures.

The famous & touristy Nyhvan Canal in Copenhagen

3 Nyhavn Canal (3).JPG

Overlook from the restaurant above Port of Call, Alesund, Norway

41 Overlook (2).JPG

Passing by Seven Sisters Falls in Geiranger Fjord

56 Seven Sisters Falls (3).JPG

Approaching the tiny Village of Geiranger, Norway

58 Cruising Into Geiranger, Norway.JPG

View back towards Geiranger & the Magic while on bus excursion

66 View Back Towards Geiranger & The Magic.JPG

Bergen, Norway & enjoying my favorite activity on our veranda

94 My Favorite Activity On Our Veranda (2).JPG

Northern Sea Sunset w/Oil Tanker back near Stavanger, Norway

99 Closer With Oil Tanker Ship  (2).JPG

Last edited:
So, the Devil's Snare effect is a Drop Track. The track is on an elevator like thing, so the train locks onto the bit that drops, the track drops, then it locks and you go again.

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

When my girls were little, we always had to come up with a question for them to ask. Otherwise they would just stand there speachless in front of the princesses.

Haha, I'd be right there with them, completely starstruck :rotfl:

Love the updates! Looks like a fabulous time. Great you could have a girls day in MK followed by a relaxing day.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them :goodvibes

you know... I'm not sure if I've ever taken the ferry. It's possible I did on my first visit, but that's a long time ago and I don't remember.

We never take it either! It was kinda fun seeing the castle getting closer and closer, but imo nothing beats the music and announcements on the buses as you're approaching, or the view from the monorail :lovestruc

Yes. That's why we all go to Disney. To dream of the day when all the attractions are closed and we can get empty park photos.

:rolleyes2

Being happy about almost everything is a skill :rotfl:

But of course! One simply does not have breakfast in a castle and not have mimosas!

It's the drink of champions and royalty!

Cool!
And... notice your hand on him. How soft was that fur??? Did you want to take him home with you?
(Don't answer that. Of course you did.)

Imagine me taking him home with me and walking through town holding his hand :lmao: what a great thought

Up to the Bakery, the official map lists it simply as Emporium. So you're not wrong!

Great thanks! I always wondered

At the convenience store/chain here they have what looks and feels like plastic straws, but are completely bio-degradable. They're great.

What a great idea, I'll keep an eye out for something similar!

Not a fan.

You don't like the new Tomorrowland sign? And why is that?! The old one was a bit wild, but this is the polar opposite :rolleyes2

:sad2:
It used to always be a walk-on. I don't know what's happened in the last couple years.

I know what the heckkk. It's almost painful looking back over my previous trip reports (2014, 15, 16 mostly) when we would go in the off-season and never waited more than 20-30 minutes for everything! What a time to be a Disney fan that was :cloud9:

I don't even know... can you get a FP for Peoplemover??

No I don't think so actually!

Do you have a photo of an arm or leg that shows how bad it was? Were you like, bright red??

I don't... but think along the lines of this guy

ice-cream.gif

To match your arms and legs. Of course.

BAHAHA

No surf & turf? Oh! Of course. You were the lobster!

Roasted (literally) :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Okay, I'm finally caught up again! I feel so accomplished! (Until I look at my watch list and see how many more people's reports I have left to go, but we just won't think about that right now.)

Here’s the card he got me!

50564352752_ba8b303713_c.jpg

:rotfl: This is adorable. I'm sure you more than tolerate each other, but I'd absolutely get this for Nathan.

I woke up at 6:30am and Jamie woke up at around 7am (love that early jet lag!)

Yes! Not sure whether this is genuine or sarcastic or a little of both, but I think early jetlag is the best when you want to get up and go your first few days of vacation! We get this a little bit coming from eastern Canada because we're one hour ahead of Florida, but I bet it's a whole different level coming from the UK!

We had started to buy our regular tickets at the gate, but we were told it would only be an extra $90 for us BOTH to upgrade to Seasonal Annual Passes!
We’d travelled out to Orlando in January/February for the last 3 years so we just said we may as well try to plan our next trip for January 2021 and make use of the passes!
That would definitely save us money!

So exciting! We've been Universal annual passholders once and it was awesome! It really was the most economical option when we were going to be there on more than one trip in a year.

I messaged Universal to say that we had JUST bought annual passes in February, and now we weren’t allowed to travel to the States to use them, and asked if there was anything that could be done.
They were so amazing and accommodating, and said that next time we’re able to travel over there, we just need to go to guest services, and they will re-activate our annual passes for a fresh 11 months from that day!
How great is that!)

I wondered about this! Glad they were so accommodating and you'll be able to use your passes again.

We made up a really stupid secret four-way handshake that we all contributed 4 moves to.
We were all moving around in a circle and lassoing etc etc.
We must’ve looked crazy :rotfl:

e47ec3c2e971e8b077daa729843c4f19.gif

So fun! And this gif is everything! One of my very favourite movies, and as a child I was desperate to learn to do this handshake and have someone to do it with. <3

This was SUCH a good ride!
I’m sure all of my previous trip reports have some kind of complaint about how many screen-based rides/simulators Universal was spending their money on.
I’m so glad they made a new classic coaster!
(Plus, they have the new Jurassic Park Velocicoaster on the way too!)

The accelerations were so fun, and the part where the track goes vertically up and then you immediately come straight back down really took me by surprise!
And the drop is great too!
I can’t figure out how it’s done!

Ok, that's a pretty great review! I just might have to try this! I was unsure whether I'd want to try to go on it because of my brain condition, but everything I hear about it sounds so good. I might just have to try it at least once and see how it goes. I'm sure it's different so it might be hard to compare, but how would you say it compares in intensity to other coasters/rides at the park? Like Gringotts, or The Mummy, etc.

But it was really funny, especially everyone attempting to do accents :rotfl:
Plus, I was the only person to correctly guess that Rob was the murderer, just sayin’ :thumbsup2

Then all six of us played some table football!
We played boys vs girls and the boys completely destroyed us :sad2:

This is so cute! I love how much time you spent on this trip just spending quality time together and playing games and things :)

We left the house just after 8am, and got an Uber with a really funny driver!
She loved us and wanted us to live there with her :rotfl:

Hah! That's so cute!

She was really upset when we told her it was nearly impossible for Brits to move to the USA (without a job transfer or marriage) :sad:
Us too lady, us too.

I mean, I'm sure you're pretty attached to Hymie and all, but have you considered possibly marrying the Uber woman instead? :laughing:

We had seen on MDE that Thunder Mountain was only a 5 minute wait so we thought we might try to hop on that real quick, but when we got there it wasn’t even open :confused3 :laughing:
And it actually didn’t reopen all day.
And neither did Splash Mountain…

Oof! So sad! And I'm sure you're right that this played a role in how busy the rest of the park was. Two big headliner mountains down all day! :eek:

The lighting isn’t great but I love how they came out!

50564090208_0c110fa82e_c.jpg

You're both so cute! I love your outfits -- very appropriate for a princess-themed breakfast/brunch.

(2021 comment: Remember when the castle was white like this?!
I love the new pink blue and gold look though!)

I love it, too!! The white/blue castle was pretty and classic, but I think the update looks so nice :lovestruc

I asked her to teach us how to do a princess pose, but she just said that being a princess comes from within, so I just stood there and looked like a goober.

Booo! Ok, lovely sentiment and all, but princesses also totally carry themselves a certain way at WDW, at least the classic ones like Cindy, and she absolutely could have used it as a little character bonding moment and given you all a sweet little pose to do together.

But I'm sure if you looked like a goober, you looked like a goober who had a princess within her. :laughing:

Gosh you're all so precious I can hardly stand it!

50564831226_559bf0cf41_b.jpg

I hope they all know that there’s nothing at the end of that line… :rotfl:

Any Emperor’s New Groove fans out there?

50564831161_67cd46c218_b.jpg

It’s probably one of my most quoted movies.
Mostly just this line :laughing:

YES! Yes pick me! I'm an Emperor's New Groove fan! :wave: That's super cute. We also quote this movie aaalllll the time! And we actually just watched it again a couple of nights ago. But years ago we had a discussion about how silly the silent "l" is at the beginning of "llama" so now whenever we quote lines from the movie that have the word "llama" in them we usually pronounce both L's, e.g. "Yay! I'm a lelama again!" or "A LELAMA? He's supposed to be dead!" etc.

even though Fran hates the song ‘Kiss The Girl’ because she thinks it’s creepy :rotfl:

Haha I have to kinda agree with Fran here! It's miiiilllllldly creepy. I mean sure, kiss the girl if you want, but also maybe read the room and make sure she's also into it, which I feel doesn't get enough emphasis in this song! :laughing: I feel like Ariel was also definitely into it, but still. If he's really so unsure, he could always ask first just to be safe. Sebastian needs a lesson in encouraging enthusiastic consent! ::yes::

(I call all of those shops down that side of Main Street “The Emporium” since you can pretty much walk all the way through from one end to the other, but does each section have it’s own name?!

If each section has a name then that's news to me cuz I also call the whole thing on that side "The Emporium." :confused3

And I also bought him his favourite chocolate bar :lovestruc

50564829241_ba99e2f8f3_b.jpg

Yummmmm

While Fran was till browsing I became very upset because my paper Starbucks straw got too soggy and broke :snooty:
Note to self: Buy a metal straw!

50564968887_598f32ec34_b.jpg

Ohh nooooo! Good call thinking to bring a straw for a next time. I've heard somewhere that Joffrey's has the ones that are made of like bamboo or sugar cane or some kind of other plant-based material or something that don't get mushy and fall apart. Maybe raiding Joffrey's sneakily could be a back-up plan. :laughing:

THIS was the line for the PeopleMover!

Oh my goodness! Wild.

Check out my BLACK nail polish under the UV light!

50564827836_599b2e4cee_c.jpg

WHAAAT?? Crazy!

We headed over to the monorail to get back to the TTC, and we saw that the express line was huuuuge.
But thankfully the resort line contained approximately zero people.
So we got right on the resort monorail, back to the TTC!

This is suck a great little hack :) The resort line takes a little longer, but if there's a big difference in the lines it's definitely still faster.

We freshened up, and at around 6pm we headed out to the AMF Kissimmee Bowling Lanes!
Lin and Ian had gotten us a deal of 2.5 hours of bowling with two drinks each.
Back home we have to pay per game of bowling, but having a time limit instead felt much more fun and freeing.

Such a fun idea! We haven't been bowling in ages. I like that they charge by the time you're there! Our places around here usually charge by game as well.

I got some mozzarella sticks and a pepperoni pizza, and I also had some of Jamie’s boneless wings :laughing:

Yum! When on vacation :goodvibes

I had a really nice dress on, but sadly, as I mentioned, I had lobster arms from sitting out in the sun too long!

Owie!

We had to take the elevator all the way up to the top floor to get to Eleven.

Was it on the eleventh floor?

Emily Blunt and John Krasinski are the best couple, on screen and in real life :lovestruc

I haven't seen "A Quiet Place" yet because I'm a scaredy baby, but I still agree with this sentiment completely. :lovestruc

I bet she did. Did she love your accents?

Yes haha! Everyone we meet always says something about liking our accents!

So sad. This is my favorite themed ride in the MK.

Me too! How do you feel about the new Princess and the Frog overlay :charac2:

The castle looks so different. I really like the blinged up castle. The colors are so bright.

As someone who doesn't like change - I think it looks great!

You really did have a great time. I kept looking for my DD in the background. She was working there on the DCP back then.

Amazing, what was her role?! DCP sounds like a great time

The girls MK day sounded wonderful! And I love that phone case, sooo cute!

Relaxing days are always great!

Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you! I think the boys were glad of a day off (although I'm sure Jamie secretly loves a Magic Kingdom day!) :rotfl:

following along! Love your MK day, though I totally sympathize about being awkward meeitng the characters. I loved CRT, but also had NO IDEA what to say to the princesses, since it was just me and DH. Oh well, still worth it! :)

Haha right?! Next time I go I may steal a small child who can break the ice :laughing:

Just joining and catching up having been AWOL from the DIS for years. Congratulations on your engagement! 💎

Hello! and :welcome: back to the DIS!! Thanks so much for the congrats! We're still a million miles away from having a wedding due to this gosh darn pandemic though :sad2: well not really, everything is planned it just keeps getting pushed back! UGH!

Love your trip report thanks for sharing!!

Thanks so much! And thanks for reading :hug:

Yay Katie!! I'm here! Just crawled back onto the DIS this week after a 1+-year-long hiatus, and was excited to see that you have a new-to-me trip report! Working my way through to slowly catch up. Yay!

Yay Meghan welcome back!! :hug: glad you're here!

I don't think I realized that you and Hymie (hehe) had been together this long. The story of how you met/got together is so cute!

Yes we just celebrated 10 years together this April! And I turn 30 later this year :ssst: so I'll have spent a third of my life with him haha!

Sorry to hear this! I can't imagine how difficult it was/is for couples with weddings scheduled during the pandemic. A friend of mine from uni was engaged pre-pandemic and was just starting to think about dates, and then covid hit. They still haven't set one. Other friends ended up keeping their dates but having smaller ceremonies, etc. ...covid, man! What a time to be alive!

Thanks! I know it's been frustrating but things could be worse - we have our health! We set a date for September 2020 which we had to move to August 2021 - then a few months ago our venue discovered that they had double booked us :furious: nightmare! We're rebooked again for September 2022, 3rd time lucky! Thankfully everything is planned and booked (florist, cake, band etc etc etc) and SURELY covid restrictions will be fully over by then...... :rolleyes1

Wow! Quite a roster! Glad you got all this in pre-pandemic.

We were definitely lucky to get the travel bug out of our system before the pandemic hit!

I used to have a thing where when I was feeling a little moody or in the dumps I'd paint my toenails black. And then it became like a sign for Nathan to know not to mess with me :laughing: I've had some time off this summer and am heading back to work next week (when schools here go back in session in September,) so I've decided that I will allow myself to be sad about going back to work starting on like Thursday of this week (so I don't let myself start to feel sad about it now and ruin my whole week.) We're now calling this coming Thursday "Dark Thursday." All this to say that your post has inspired me and I'm thinking now Thursday I'll be painting my nails black. :lmao:

This is a genius idea! Jamie bought me one of these reversible octopus things for my work-from-home office so that I can communicate my emotions and he know when to approach with caution, so it sits on my desk facing the door in one of these two positions :rotfl:

51hkJd3oE8S._AC_SY355_.jpg

Was it dark Thursday last Thursday or is it this coming Thursday? I hope it went/goes well!!! You and your fabulous black nails will rock it :goodvibes

THIS IS AMAZING!! I may have even taken a quick look online to see if I could find a similar one, but nothing available caught my eye.

I know!!! It's by a brand called Hype if that helps?!

Jamie and I ALSO HAVE THIS IN COMMON. I mean, I don't feel like I look that suspicious, but I always get pulled for extra screening. :confused3

Hahaha, you do look like a total menace to society :rotfl2:...joking obviously :rotfl:

This would be a great idea if you were travelling with a large/extended family. Thinking something like this might be nice for our family someday if we ever manage to get them all to vacation with us at the same time.

It was fab, and honestly SO CLOSE to the parks! That's what surprised me the most, how quickly we could get to and from Disney. Google maps speaks for it!

You'd make an excellent Behind the Seeds tour guide ::yes::

Haha have you done that tour before?! I want to do it so bad but when I mention it Jamie looks at me like I'm a crazy person.

I'm a major Illuminations fan, but I actually loved EPCOT Forever. I know not everyone would agree with me. :confused3 The kites made me FEEL THINGS. And I also super love the Tapestry of Nations soundtrack. It was a win for me. Not the same as Illuminations, of course, and I'm also excited to see Harmonious someday, but EPCOT Forever was a solid in-betweener in my book.

I liked the kites too and I loved that tapestry of nations was in it, that's my favourite! I used to love strolling around world showcase at night while that played in the background! Fingers crossed Harmonious lives up to our expectations!

Yes! Not sure whether this is genuine or sarcastic or a little of both, but I think early jetlag is the best when you want to get up and go your first few days of vacation! We get this a little bit coming from eastern Canada because we're one hour ahead of Florida, but I bet it's a whole different level coming from the UK!

No sarcasm here - I love waking up early and feeling well rested for a day at Disney! Sometimes I wake up way too early though, like 4 or 5am..... the one hour difference from Canada sounds pretty perfect!

So fun! And this gif is everything! One of my very favourite movies, and as a child I was desperate to learn to do this handshake and have someone to do it with. <3

If we ever meet in Disney, learning this handshake is first on the agenda :lmao:

YES! Yes pick me! I'm an Emperor's New Groove fan! :wave: That's super cute. We also quote this movie aaalllll the time! And we actually just watched it again a couple of nights ago. But years ago we had a discussion about how silly the silent "l" is at the beginning of "llama" so now whenever we quote lines from the movie that have the word "llama" in them we usually pronounce both L's, e.g. "Yay! I'm a lelama again!" or "A LELAMA? He's supposed to be dead!" etc.

I mean, you're not wrong!! Also "yay I'm a llama again" used to be my instagram bio :rotfl:

I didn't do a TR for our DCL - Norway Fjords Cruise from Copenhagen, but here's a few of my pictures.

The famous & touristy Nyhvan Canal in Copenhagen

View attachment 599268

Overlook from the restaurant above Port of Call, Alesund, Norway

View attachment 599271

Passing by Seven Sisters Falls in Geiranger Fjord

View attachment 599272

Approaching the tiny Village of Geiranger, Norway

View attachment 599273

View back towards Geiranger & the Magic while on bus excursion

View attachment 599276

Bergen, Norway & enjoying my favorite activity on our veranda

View attachment 599277

Northern Sea Sunset w/Oil Tanker back near Stavanger, Norway

View attachment 599278

THIS IS AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing - you've sold it to me, I can't wait to plan this cruise in the future! I love Norway so much! We just went on the UK staycation cruise with DCL that just goes out into the channel and back - I can't wait to actually go somewhere and see the fjords from a verandah! Beautiful pictures :lovestruc:love:

Day 6
Monday 17th February 2020
Part 1 – Walmart Magic

Good morning!

Or not-so-good morning, because Lin and Ian left for Dallas early today.
But it’s ok because they’d be back in a couple of days!

Within a couple of hours of the grown-ups leaving, Fran had burnt an egg to the kitchen hob, and Rob broke the garage door whilst trying to cool down the garage when they were playing table tennis.

Also Jamie broke a closet door by trying to hide in it later that evening, but that’s a story for the next update :laughing:

giphy.gif

(when I say “broke” I only mean temporarily broke.
Thankfully we managed to fix everything!)

When the boys were finishing up their garage gaming, Fran and I decided to hide in the closet off the kitchen bathroom, which turned into a HUGE manhunt for us :rotfl:
We were banging on the walls and singing and they could NOT find us :laughing:
It was a saga.

Then we got ready to go to Walmart!
Now that the adults were gone we had to fend for ourselves or a couple of days :eek:

Here’s my Mickey Mouse backpack :teeth:

50741442127_325099db8b_c.jpg

50741442017_52f8ac1e17_b.jpg

50741338871_232138c6e5_b.jpg

We arrived at Walmart at 1pm.

Where I live in the UK we have very big supermarkets.
Don’t worry about us please, we are very well stocked.

But HOLY COW.
I’ve never seen so much food as I saw at Walmart!
It was FANTASTIC!

50741441712_0e7da1c5df_b.jpg

We also met this little robot guy, who apparently scans the shelves to monitor stock levels!
I’m in the future!
(Jennifer from Back to the Future 2 voice – no gif available sorry)

50740603183_964363d827_c.jpg

We got a heckin’ lot of food from Walmart.
Jamie and I paid since we were staying at Rob’s family house for free.
But boy did we get a lot of bang for our buck!

Here are my top favourite items.

Number 1: CHEESE BALLS.
In the biggest tub you’ve ever seen.

50741441417_e3bf5a8df7_c.jpg

Number 2: This roasted red pepper hummus was to die for!
I couldn’t stop munching on it!

50741338251_0b7f0bfa18_b.jpg

I took a picture of the label to try to hunt it down here in the UK, but ALAS.
It does not exist here :sad2:
If anyone wants to send me some please feel free.
Preferably in a tiny portable fridge.
Thanks in advance.

50741441097_399a851d54_c.jpg

And my favourite dipping items for my hummus were these mini naan breads (please include in the mini fridge)…

50741337966_90041aa066_c.jpg

And when the naans ran out, these Ritz crackers were also delish!

50741338111_cca0fdd3f9_c.jpg

Fully stocked:

50740602568_06f6ccc16d_c.jpg

For lunch I had (you guessed it) a lot of hummus and naan, and Fran also made a tasty salad for us all :goodvibes

50741337761_337991d778_c.jpg

Our Walmart take on a Disney dessert :lovestruc

50741337666_37bfd95844_c.jpg

Continued in next post!

Last edited:
Day 6

Part 2 – Adventures in Adventureland

Once we’d finished up our lunch, the boys watched the first half of the Manchester United game (Rob’s team), then we all got ready to go to Magic Kingdom!

We headed out the door a little after 4pm!

50741337536_d6726c785b_c.jpg

Rob drove us to the TTC, which only took 15 minutes!

Then we got the tram from the parking lot to security, HOWEVER we had a bit of an incident, because the boys were following the football on their phones and Fran and I were just excitedly skipping along, we realised that none of us had A CLUE where we had parked :lmao:

This may cause some difficulty later on in the dark of night…

8d25407fc6a3aa6c50657b4f994eec0215c6a6c1.gifv

But ANYWAY.

futurehomeproblem.gif

We knew that we were at the end of a line by a road, we were in Villains, and the tram only took us a short distance, so we reckoned we’d be able to figure it out :laughing:

At 4:40pm we were on the monorail!

50741445287_cdce89ff7b_b.jpg

50741445167_43536ac8ec_b.jpg

50741342241_2fbb873ea0_b.jpg

Hellooo Magic Kingdom!

50740606518_dca2d35cab_b.jpg

50741445017_ec42754e9a_b.jpg

YAY.

50741444952_fe3265e899_b.jpg

50741342006_c8c5640309_b.jpg

When we got into the park we high-tailed it over to Pirates of the Caribbean to use our imminently-ending fastpass!
Rob was a man on a mission, he was RUNNING :lmao:

We arrived about 5 minutes late, but there was no bother with entering the line :goodvibes

YO HO.

50741444837_2c9f4197aa_b.jpg

When will I ever learn that there is now a camera in Pirates?!
Completely oblivious, all four of us :rotfl:

50740604048_9194bd84c3_b.jpg

50740603763_65576db203_b.jpg

50740606203_677ba59b3f_b.jpg

Next we headed over to Rob’s favourite attraction…
The Swiss Family Treehouse :rotfl:
Jamie and Rob spontaneously decided that as long as they were in the treehouse, they were ONLY allowed to speak in rhymes :confused3 :laughing:

It was so funny, we were all laughing so much.
I wish I’d recorded a clip or written some of it down but it was something like this:

RImF2Ca.gif

Who’d have thought you could have so much fun up in the Swiss Family Treehouse?!

50741341761_6601c565e5_b.jpg

50740605983_8ffc85c1ea_b.jpg

50741337321_9ae6bdc7db_b.jpg

50741341556_20442b505f_b.jpg

We returned back down to (Adventure)land at around 5:30pm and we were getting peckish for some dinner.
But what happens when the adults go away and leave the kids to their own devices?
This is what happens…

50741444417_d15e2f4af5_c.jpg

We all got ice cream from Sunshine Tree Terrace!
I got the citrus swirl, Fran got chocolate, and Rob got vanilla.
And Jamie just gulled bits of everybody’s :laughing:

986c791ae41ac0b51766b9d104e1010f.gif

Here’s where we sat and enjoyed our ice creams :goodvibes

50740605823_481320f145_b.jpg

When we were done we continued on our merry way.

DISNEY DUCKS.

50741341301_6be559ee23_b.jpg

50741341236_6ed58770a3_b.jpg

Continued in next post!

Last edited:
Day 6

Part 3 – A Magic Kingdom Evening

50741444167_cc3456ec27_b.jpg

The sky was real pretty as we headed into Tomorrowland.

50740605578_e937578bb9_b.jpg

We strolled around and noticed these test bikes for the new Tron ride that was under construction!

50741444012_e134551cf5_b.jpg

Jamie warned me about the back harness and told me to be careful, but I still somehow let it SLAM into my back :laughing:
Something to remember when the ride eventually opens!

50741340861_8584919a55_b.jpg

50740605313_14292f599c_b.jpg

Next we rode the PeopleMover!
Fran was freaking out going “HAS IT ALWAYS GONE THIS FAST” :lmao:
Then we stopped inside Space Mountain and all the lights came on, and she freaked out even more :laughing:

50741340736_a736e71a05_b.jpg

TRONstruction: Feb 2020

50741443737_76d61927fd_b.jpg

50741337261_f4c20aa6fa_b.jpg

50740605053_edfc7149fa_b.jpg

Next we had a fastpass to use at the Tomorrowland Speedway :laughing:

50741443437_bbfdef79e7_b.jpg

I drove me and Jamie, and even after last time in 2018 when Jamie kept yelling, “YOU’RE OVERCORRECTING!” at me, I just immediately slammed the car from side to side on the track :rotfl:
Even the people observing on the sidelines were laughing at me!
Thank God I got the hang of it eventually.
Kinda.

Afterwards we noticed that the Mad Tea Party only had a 10 minute wait, so off we went!

50740604893_8c68049598_b.jpg

50741443342_658f877185_b.jpg

I got this video clip of us on the Mad Tea Party which still makes me laugh so much.
It’s just such CHAOTIC ENERGY.

"Bacon is good for me" :rotfl:
We can all quote that
Wife Swap/King Curtis clip on Youtube word for word :rotfl:

We needed to take a moment to straighten our spinning heads, so we took a stroll up to Big Top Souvenirs.

50740604758_33b6b21733_c.jpg

I like this hat!

50741340171_60a1d05cc5_b.jpg

New tees:

50740604593_9ff757e861_b.jpg

Fran and I each bought this Deliciously Disney cookbook!

50740602068_bc944745e0_b.jpg

50740604078_e88224b41c_b.jpg

Although I must admit, I haven’t made anything from it yet.
But it’s a nice kitchen accessory :thumbsup2

Next we rode Buzz!
I rode with Fran, and I was on the wrong side of the ride vehicle for easy-access to all the good targets, but I still almost maxed out my score :cool2:

50740604518_8a13d12c63_b.jpg

Here’s the boys taking their galactic duties VERY seriously…

50740603738_6e04ba69cd_b.jpg

When we exited Buzz it was almost 8pm, and Happily Ever After was starting!
I looove that show but no one seemed bothered about watching it, so instead we checked MDE and saw that Thunder Mountain was only a 10 minute wait!
We headed over there via Fantasyland so as not to battle the firework crowds in the hub.

We still got to hear the whole HEA soundtrack and see the fireworks all around us so I didn’t totally lose out!

We arrived at Big Thunder at 8:10pm and joined the 10 minute queue!
Woowoooo.

50740604458_f46dd11751_b.jpg

50741442842_e886014520_b.jpg

We enjoyed our wildest ride in the wilderness while the fireworks were going off in the distance :love:

We exited just after the show had finished, and the line had already shot up to 45 minutes!
Even though Splash Mountain was closed this entire trip, the Briar Patch store was open so I still got my fix!

These Splash Mountain plushies are new!
Jamie loves soft toys, I should make a picture collage of all the hugs he’s given them over the years :hug:

50740604278_a5ddc12317_c.jpg

I bought myself a Br’er Rabbit!

img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50741442552_f512d8dcee_c.jpg[/img]

YAY.

We then headed out of the Magic Kingdom at around 8:45pm.
We walked through Adventureland, and when we got to the hub it was still crazy busy!

50740604173_3bec7c4206_b.jpg

We battled our way out and took the resort monorail back to the TTC (the express line was HUGE).
And by some miracle we actually found the car, pretty much straight away :cool1:

We got back to the house in no time and made some late night pizza that we’d got from Walmart today, with baked beans and ranch sauce :p

50741440212_839c98f84e_b.jpg

After dinner we were talking about how big the house was, so we played hide and seek in it :rotfl:
Fran and I hid together and played the “run rabbit” song from Ready or Not, but we scared ourselves and had to turn it off :rotfl:
We were then searching the house for the boys and when we went into our bedroom we noticed that the closet door was suddenly super crooked on it’s hinges :lmao:

Sure enough we found Jamie crouched inside it :rotfl2:

We had to pause the game at this point and it took a group effort to fix the door, but thankfully we were able to.

What a fun day!

Goodnight!

Continued in next post!

Last edited:
Day 7
Tuesday 18th February 2020

Part 1 – Poolside fun at Reunion

Good morning!

Today started off with Fran and I sunbathing in the garden while Jamie and Rob played tennis.

50741459522_86632c08d6_c.jpg

Then at around 12:30pm we walked over to meet the boys at the resort water park.
I don’t like taking pictures of scantily clad people at the pool, so here’s a picture I took of the club house instead :laughing:

50741459427_bbdd837fa8_b.jpg

And here’s a Googled picture of the waterpark :thumbsup2

encore-pristine-02.jpg

I wasn’t keen on the idea of going down those big slides, mostly because I had eyelash extensions on and getting splattered with water doesn’t agree with them!
But who cares, we’re only in Florida around once a year, there’s no time for vanity here.

So I did the big blue slide three times.
You go down the slide either in a single ring or a double ring, and we always opted for the double ring!
I did it once with Fran and twice with Jamie.
When I went down with Jamie it seemed way faster, maybe because he’s heavier so was pushing us down faster?!
I genuinely thought we were going to tip out when we went around a corner!
I was screaming so loud that when we got to the bottom the attendant lady said she was getting ready to help a young child :rotfl:

Jamie and Rob also did the big green slide, which is like Summit Plummet!
You stand on a platform at the top of the slide, and the platform suddenly pulls out from under your feet and you free fall down an almost-vertical slide!
The boys did it twice, and the second time Jamie came down Fran and I watched as he ricocheted off each side as he got to the bottom, it looked so painful!

MedicalPinkFoal-max-1mb.gif

He had such a big bruise later on!

We sat out in the sun for a while, then at around 2pm we went back to the house and made burgers for lunch.

50740620913_5f6e32a0aa_c.jpg

We showered and got dressed, then it was time to head to Animal Kingdom!

Continued in next post!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter