a solo trip - thought I'd do a PTR for once!

karentan

<font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g
The last few trips I've tried to do live reports over on the UK planning board, but have never got round to doing a PTR.
Thought that as this is a slightly different trip for me, that I'd attempt a PTR. DH couldn't afford to go, so I've decided to do a solo trip. I've always fancied doing at least a few days solo, as Gary doesn't necessarily want to do all the smaller rides and attractions, so we often miss them out. Its been years since I watched any of the films round world showcase, or gone on Dumbo or Flying Carpets, so I plan on making up for lost time this trip.
This has been a relatively last minute trip, I've been wanting to go for a while as got two weeks off work, so have been keeping an eye on prices. Got a bit of money for my birthday last month, so bit the bullet when i got home from a weekend away and booked it that weekend!

So the plan is:
flying out of Gatwick with BA on the 24th September
8 nights at All Star Movies in a preferred room (all they had available) with the quick service dining plan. Relying on disney transport while there, and taking DME to and from the airport
I'll be meeting up with some friends while over there who are visiting at the same time, one of which I used to work with, and the others I met on the DCL 2011 transatlantic.
Flying back into Gatwick on the 2nd October.

Haven't really made any concrete plans yet, the only thing that is definate is that I'm hiring a car on the thursday for one day, I'm doing a volunteer shift at Give Kids the World Village Thursday evening. I'll be working for approx four hours in the onsite restaurant helping families take food and drinks to their tables and clearing up afterwards. I've hired a car as its too much of a hassle getting there on the bus, and I'm volunteering in the evening so don't want to take public transport back at night. Will be using the car to visit a supermarket and maybe a flying visit to a mall if I fancy it.

I have got tentative plans for my first evening there, its obviously dependant on if I feel up to it after a long day travelling. My plane lands at 3.30pm, hoping to clear immigration, customs, catch the DME to the hotel, and with any luck be at the hotel by 7-7.30pm. Will be throwing the bags into the room, and getting a bus straight to a park. MK is out as its a MNSSHP night, so will either be heading to Epcot for a walk around, or HS for Fantasmic. Then hoping to catch a bus to the Poly, grabbing a cocktail and sitting on the beach to watch Hallowishes at 9.30. Just hope I don't fall asleep first!

Thinking of doing Keys to the Kingdom at some point, or maybe Wild Africa Trek, and will be hitting each and every attraction in all four parks! Gotta make the most of my 8 nights!

So thats my attempt at a PTR, and a live report will be following once I get there. If anyone actually reads this, thanks for the interest :)

Sounds like fun. I've done both the Keys to the Kingdom and the Wild Africa Trek and both tours are great! Loved every minute of them.

Sounds like fun. We had preferred room last year for 2 nights and we had Dalmatians. Liked the room was good size and very clean. Have fun:thumbsup2

Sounds great, I will be interested to hear what a solo trip is like :goodvibes

jen, once i leave here the live TR will be over on the planning board like i normally do :)

very jealous as been wanting to do a solo trip for years, all sounds fantastic! have a wonderful time & will be looking forward to reading more

Well I've got a couple more plans since last post, so it's getting more and more real now. Plus I've just noticed the time, this time in a week I'll be just about to land at MCO!!!!!
I asked online on how long it's taken people recently between landing and getting to their resort, and it's coming up as worst case scenario, two and a half hours. So hopefully should be at the hotel by about six, fingers crossed I'm not too tired to go and enjoy a park in the evening
On top of the plans at GKTW, I've also made a couple of plans with a few friends I met on a disney cruise in 2011. We're meeting at beaches and cream on the Wednesday and are going to attempt the kitchen sink. All of us have said that we've fancied trying it but it's too much for two people, so now there's five (maybe six) of us, we're going to give it a go. After that we'll probably head over to AKL where two of them are staying to hang out by the pool and have a couple of drinks and a catch up.
Have also been looking at park hours, on the 30th there's morning EMH at animal kingdom, and evening EMH at magic kingdom, so may give the four parks in one day challenge a go. Have managed three in one day before and that was without actually trying, so will give all four a go :)
Living vicariously through my friend at the mo who flies out tomorrow, just texting her at the mo, and she's going to be Facebook messaging me while she's there so I can see what she's up to.
Not long to go til I leave though, only two days left at work then it's time to pack and get ready :)

Sounds like you will have an action packed few days. Can't wait to hear all about it and the volunteer work that you are doing, how kind. I'm sure doing something so simple will be a huge help to some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter