A Solo Trip: "The Heartbeat of Freedom!" July 2-9, 2018! *COMPLETED 10/14/18*

I just caught up (took my own WDW land/sea/land so I’m a few weeks behind on your TRs)! Saratoga looks great, I want to stay there at some point. The HS pre-7am is such a cool way to knock out TSL. I enjoyed watching looks on faces of people running back there just after 7 to see people already there.

Empty park photos are the best! But even better is an empty elevator! Jealous you got one all to yourself, that is awesome.

I've been reading your TR's (and lurking in the shadows) and love them all... But riding ToT all by yourself, wow, that has to be the most Magical thing ever!!! :scared1:

I just caught up (took my own WDW land/sea/land so I’m a few weeks behind on your TRs)! Saratoga looks great, I want to stay there at some point. The HS pre-7am is such a cool way to knock out TSL. I enjoyed watching looks on faces of people running back there just after 7 to see people already there.

Empty park photos are the best! But even better is an empty elevator! Jealous you got one all to yourself, that is awesome.

I was really enjoying Saratoga Springs at this point in the trip. It is a nice resort and very quiet.

I hadn't heard reports of TSL opening pre-7 a.m. before my trip, but I wasn't complaining. :D

It will be very hard to top that Tower of Terror experience. It is now two trips to WDW in a row where I have had something special happen on Tower of Terror. My trip in March, the ride broke down in the room where you go forward. Then on this trip, I got to experience it alone. I'm having some good luck with the Tower of Terror lately. :D

Amazing morning! What a cool ToT experience!

It truly was an amazing morning! Riding Tower of Terror alone was so cool!

I've been reading your TR's (and lurking in the shadows) and love them all... But riding ToT all by yourself, wow, that has to be the most Magical thing ever!!! :scared1:

Thank you for reading my trip reports! :)

I have had my share of magical moments throughout the years. I just got lucky that no one went to the side that I decided to go. It truly was an amazing experience, but also very spooky at the same time. :D

What a fantastic morning at DHS!! Wow! Toy Story Land with low waits right after it opened!! Fantastic!

And then riding solo on ToT?! Unheard of magic! pixiedust:

I also enjoyed your photographs and video of the 4th of July fireworks! Do you have a background in photography as well as music?

Thank you!

Thank you! :) I'm glad to hear that I am helping you plan your next vacation. If you have any questions about "solo" travel to WDW, always feel free to ask me.

Hopefully I will get to my little SDD issue by the time your trip comes around. Also, looking at your signature, it looks like we are traveling at the same time. :D

Thank you. I may bend your ear on solo trips in the next month. I did not realize we would be there at the same time. I will look for you in Epcot at American Adventure. :flower1:

What a fantastic morning at DHS!! Wow! Toy Story Land with low waits right after it opened!! Fantastic!

And then riding solo on ToT?! Unheard of magic! pixiedust:

I also enjoyed your photographs and video of the 4th of July fireworks! Do you have a background in photography as well as music?

Thank you. I may bend your ear on solo trips in the next month. I did not realize we would be there at the same time. I will look for you in Epcot at American Adventure. :flower1:
Having low crowds at TSL about 5 days after it opened was amazing! Definitely worth the early morning surprise trip to DHS! I think my experience riding Tower of Terror alone made my trip to DHS worth it in itself though.

Thank you! I do not have a background in photography or filming. It has just become a hobby of mine while at Disney Theme Parks. All of my pictures and videos are taken from my iPhone. I don't have a specific type of camera or anything.

Looking forward to possibly meeting you! :)

Alright new Disney goal right there. That sounds amazing!!
It definitely was!!! :)

Tower of terror alone sounds horrible lol.
But I love your picture! I was at star Tours in the early hours of my Hollywood studios day after experiencing toy story land and I was the only one on the ride. Needless to say I was the rebel spy, and front and center made for a more intense ride experience.

Tower of terror alone sounds horrible lol.
But I love your picture! I was at star Tours in the early hours of my Hollywood studios day after experiencing toy story land and I was the only one on the ride. Needless to say I was the rebel spy, and front and center made for a more intense ride experience.
Lol! It was actually really fun! :)

Riding Star Tours alone sounds pretty cool as well! Hopefully, C-3PO and R2D2 were able to get you safely to your next destination! :D

Just wanted to stop in and say I love your trip reports and they always have great tips for solo travelers. I recently did a mini solo trip while in Orlando for a conference and your reports definitely gave me the courage to go for it and helped me plan what I wanted to do! But most of all, thanks to you I stopped in and enjoyed my First ever Voices of Liberty show! I had no idea what I was missing! They are amazing and I can't wait to see them again.

Just wanted to stop in and say I love your trip reports and they always have great tips for solo travelers. I recently did a mini solo trip while in Orlando for a conference and your reports definitely gave me the courage to go for it and helped me plan what I wanted to do! But most of all, thanks to you I stopped in and enjoyed my First ever Voices of Liberty show! I had no idea what I was missing! They are amazing and I can't wait to see them again.
Thank you for following along! :)

I'm happy I have been able to help in your planning process, but I'm extremely happy that I got someone to go visit the Voices of Liberty! I can't wait to see them again really soon. :)

Day 3: It’s The 4th Of July - Voices of Liberty Appreciation Day!!!

After waiting for about 30 minutes in the France Pavilion for the ropes to drop, it was time to for the race to the American Adventure!

After “fast-walking” to the American Adventure, I would sit down and relax for quite a while.

It's the 4th of July, and it is also Voices of Liberty Appreciation Day!!! At least, that is what I have nicknamed it.

I was lucky enough to get in the front row for the afternoon indoor performances by the Voices of Liberty. I was a little further over to the right than I wanted to be, but it is better than being in 3rd row like I was a couple years ago.

Laying down and looking up at the dome is very relaxing.

I would be sitting in the American Adventure for 3 hours waiting for the first Voices of Liberty performance. Since a lot of us had the same idea, it was nice getting to know some people that I didn’t know, as well as, see many familiar faces.

At one point, I asked a nice couple if they would be willing to save my spot. Since I was traveling solo, it is difficult to go get food or use the restroom if you are waiting a long time for a show. A lot of the time, people are very nice about saving spots if you ask politely. The couple I was sitting next to was more than willing to save my spot a couple of times. One of those times was to go get lunch at Liberty Inn.

I would order the chicken nuggets. Definitely typical Disney chicken nuggets, but still good.

After a quick 15-20 minute break outside the American Adventure, it was time to head back inside.

The group that was in there since 11 a.m. was definitely counting down to the moment when the concert would begin. This is what the crowd was beginning to look like with a little less than an hour until showtime.

We were getting closer and closer to showtime and we were definitely building up with excitement! The crowd was also getting larger and larger.

5 minutes until showtime!!!

The Voices of Liberty finally came out after waiting 3 hours for this performance! As you can see, they wear red, white, and blue on the 4th of July.

There was a reason why I waited 3 hours for this performance. The 4th of July is the only day of the year where the Voices of Liberty do something special in their indoor performances. The special thing is called their “Echo sets.” On their final song of the set, the singers on the floor will stop in the middle of the song while a group of singers on the 2nd level pick-up right where the song was. Then they gradually walk forward to a thunderous applause, because everyone is amazed at what they just witnessed. The echo sets are the main reason why I booked this trip to Walt Disney World. They are amazing, and I get chills every time I hear them in person or on video.

Their echo set song for the 1st set was “Battle Hymn of the Republic” which is my favorite echo song that they do.

(VIDEO POSTED BELOW IN THE OTHER UPDATES OF THE ECHO SETS)

The Voices of Liberty do 2 special indoor performances on the 4th of July. So, I would sit back down in my spot and wait for another hour for the 2nd show.

The Voices of Liberty would do their Echo set again, but this time it was the “Star-Spangled Banner!”

After the indoor shows, I would walk outside and get in line for the outdoor performances. I would wait outside for 2 hours so that I could get my favorite spot to see the Voices of Liberty at the America Gardens Theater!

I would have a great view of Spaceship Earth while waiting in line.

I was lucky enough to get under the covering and seated at my favorite spot in the first show! My favorite spot is on the edge of the row, closest to the middle, and about 4 rows back.

The Voices of Liberty Concert had a little different setup on the stage than years past. That is due to the Guardians of the Galaxy Concert going on at EPCOT. I really like how Disney set-up the stage though.

It was now time for the Voices of Liberty 4th of July Concert at the America Gardens Theater. This is the only time the whole year where they do an outdoor concert, and it is amazing!

There is a special surprise during the concert. Mickey, Goofy, and Donald would come out in their patriotic attire! :)

I would get in line for the Voices of Liberty concert right after this performance so that I could see it again. I wouldn’t get the same seat, but it was still under the covering and a very enjoyable experience.

I would spend from 11 a.m.-7:15 p.m. at the American Adventure Pavilion, and it was totally worth it! :)

The Voices of Liberty really put on fantastic performances on the 4th of July. A lot of people come in to Walt Disney World this time of year specifically to hear these performances. The echo sets will never get old, and the outdoor concerts really put you in the patriotic spirit.

I really hope that all of you enjoy the videos that I post below from this fantastic afternoon that I had listening to my favorite singing group, the Voices of Liberty! :)

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty - 1st Indoor Show With The ECHO!

Here are videos of the 1st indoor show that the Voices of Liberty did on the 4th of July. The last video in this post consists of the “Echo” song. That means that the Voices of Liberty on the floor stop singing and a group on the 2nd level then walks forward. It is absolutely AMAZING and gives me chills every time I hear it.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - 1st Indoor Show - “This Is My Country!"

Here are the Voices of Liberty singing their first song of this set called “This Is My Country!”

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - 1st Indoor Show - “Summertime!”

Here are the Voices of Liberty singing a famous jazz chart called “Summertime!” The soloist in this video is phenomenal!

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - 1st Indoor Show - “Battle Hymn of the Republic (ECHO)!”

*MUST WATCH VIDEO!*

Here are the Voices of Liberty singing their “Echo” song of this set called “Battle Hymn of the Republic!” Absolutely AMAZING!!! If there is a video in this post that you should watch, it is this video right here! :)

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty - 2nd Indoor Show With The ECHO!

Here are videos of the 2nd indoor show that the Voices of Liberty did on the 4th of July. The last video in this post consists of the “Echo” song. That means that the Voices of Liberty on the floor stop singing and a group on the 2nd level then walks forward. It is absolutely AMAZING and gives me chills every time I hear it.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD.

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - 2nd Indoor Show - “This Land Is Your Land!”

Here are the Voices of Liberty singing “This Land Is Your Land!"

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - 2nd Indoor Show - “When You Wish Upon A Star!”

Here are the Voices of Liberty singing a Disney classic called “When You Wish Upon A Star!"

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - 2nd Indoor Show - “Star-Spangled Banner (ECHO)!”

*MUST WATCH VIDEO!*

Here are the Voices of Liberty singing their “Echo” song of this set. They would sing our National Anthem, the “Star-Spangled Banner!” Absolutely AMAZING!!! If there is a video in this post that you should watch, it is this video right here! :)

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty - Outdoor Concert!!!

Here are videos that I took from the Voices of Liberty 4th of July Concert at the America Gardens Theater. This is the only day of the year where they perform an outdoor concert, and it is absolutely spectacular! This concert is not to be missed if you ever attend EPCOT on the 4th of July! :)

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - Outdoor Concert - “America The Beautiful!”

Here is a video of the Voices of Liberty singing their first song of this concert. That song is “America The Beautiful!"

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - Outdoor Concert - “Golden Dream!”

Here is the video singing the song that can be heard in the American Adventure attraction called “Golden Dream!” Absolutely amazing!

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - Outdoor Concert - “God Bless The U.S.A!”

Here is the Voices of Liberty singing “God Bless The U.S.A!"

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - Outdoor Concert - “Armed Forces Salute!”

Here is a video of the Voices of Liberty singing their “Armed Forces Salute” where they pay tribute to everyone who has served in the U.S.A. Armed Forces!

Voices of Liberty - 4th of July - Outdoor Concert - “Star-Spangled Banner!”

*MUST WATCH VIDEO!*

Here is a video of the Voices of Liberty singing Sandy Patty’s arrangement of the “Star-Spangled Banner” which is absolutely breathtaking! If there is a video you should watch in this post, it is this video right here. :)

Stay tuned for more 4th of July updates!

This is the only time the whole year where they do an outdoor concert, and it is amazing!
How would you say the sound compares between the indoor and outdoor shows? Obviously part of what makes the indoor shows so great is the acoustics of the building. You lose that when you move outside. What were your thoughts? It's hard to tell stuff like that from videos.

How would you say the sound compares between the indoor and outdoor shows? Obviously part of what makes the indoor shows so great is the acoustics of the building. You lose that when you move outside. What were your thoughts? It's hard to tell stuff like that from videos.
It's definitely different to hear them outside, but I do know that they go through several sound checks before the 4th of July outdoor concerts. The blend is still great, but probably because of the sound mixing. They're been doing these outdoor concerts for years, so I'm sure they know exactly how to get the sound that they want.

The outdoor performances are definitely unique since there are more of them on the stage.

I agree that the acoustics of the American Adventure is what truly makes their performances stand out. They are all great singers, and that doesn't necessarily change if they sing inside or outside. You can still get the same "goosebump" sensation hearing them in either location. Also, the songs that they sing outside are definitely great indoor or outdoor songs. I would say that a lot of their repertoire is more inclined to be heard indoors, but these concerts are a lot of fun still!

I hope I answered your question. It's just really difficult to describe.

It's definitely different to hear them outside, but I do know that they go through several sound checks before the 4th of July outdoor concerts. The blend is still great, but probably because of the sound mixing. They're been doing these outdoor concerts for years, so I'm sure they know exactly how to get the sound that they want.

The outdoor performances are definitely unique since there are more of them on the stage.

I agree that the acoustics of the American Adventure is what truly makes their performances stand out. They are all great singers, and that doesn't necessarily change if they sing inside or outside. You can still get the same "goosebump" sensation hearing them in either location. Also, the songs that they sing outside are definitely great indoor or outdoor songs. I would say that a lot of their repertoire is more inclined to be heard indoors, but these concerts are a lot of fun still!

I hope I answered your question. It's just really difficult to describe.
That definitely makes sense! I know how hard it can be to describe sound with words :P I was just wondering what you - a musically-inclined person - might have noticed about the differences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter