A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter? Feb. 25-Mar. 3, 2018! *COMPLETED 6/9/18*

What a day!

After being "baked alive" at a baseball game which the Mets ended up winning 6-4 with 3 runs in the top of the 9th, I would make my way to my favorite theme park at Walt Disney World. That is Disney's Animal Kingdom.

I would ride Dinosaur, Expedition Everest twice (once before dark and once after dark), and Flight of Passage. I also got to see Rivers of Light and a performance of the Festival of the Lion King.

I also had a fabulous experience at Nomad Lounge which has become my favorite lounge to relax in on property.

I am going to have a long day tomorrow so wish me luck! :D

Fun hearing about your trip. can't wait to hear about today. The baseball game sounded fun though hot is not fun. Everest is my favorite ride but I haven't seen it at night. I'll be trying that out in July.

Good afternoon everyone (it’s after 12 p.m. for me).

I went back to Animal Kingdom this morning. I got started a little later than I was wanting to. I still made it to the Tree of Life around 15 minutes before rope drop. It wasn’t an EMH morning so FOP was already a 60+ minutes wait. I had plans this morning that I couldn’t risk getting in line for it.

I would then have one of the best mornings in AK ever! I experienced a picture with Mickey & Minnie, Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur, and Na’vi River Journey (FP) within the first hour the park was open. Every ride was a walk-on. There was also several instances where I did NOT see anyone.

Someone please remind me to never go on Primeval Whirl again...LOL! :D

I then had plans to go on the Caring For Giants Tour. This was a really neat and informative short tour. It took about an hour. I’ll have more about this tour in my updates. If you are planning a trip within the next month, feel free to message me if you would like a detailed review.

I then switched my fast passes to just see the 11 a.m. showing of the Festival of the Lion King. I haven’t seen an “ok” performance yet on this trip. They have all been fantastic.

I am on my way to Disney Springs by taking a Saratoga Springs bus. I’ll be walking over since it isn’t that far of a walk from a certain stop in the resort.

Had a great afternoon at Disney Springs.

Met a fellow DISer (@Lesley Wake )! Had lunch at D-Luxe Burger which is always delicious.

We would do the Star Wars Virtual Reality Experience at Disney Springs. I had a much better experience this trip (spoiler for my other trip report). That was due to just walking in with no line at all.

I would make a stop at Ghiradelli to get a chocolate shake.

Lesley and I would then take an Uber to the Polynesian. She was planning on taking an Uber since she was heading to the Magic Kingdom. I was on my way to EPCOT, and I decided I would like to take the monorail in. Well, we would arrive to the Polynesian and our Uber driver drove right past the entrance. So, we had him take us to the Grand. Due to this, I’m on a longer trip on the monorail than I was hoping.

So, I’ll be getting on the EPCOT Monorail soon. Anyone who has read my trip reports knows exactly where I’m going in EPCOT. :D

I enjoyed a couple performances of the Voices of Liberty before getting a spot for the first performance of the Army Jazz Ambassador’s at the America Gardens Theater!

The Army Jazz Ambassadors were amazing!!! I’m now adjusting my schedule to see their 2nd show! I’m a saxophone player so I’m really into this music.

I just saw the U.S. Army Jazz Ambassadors twice, and they were AMAZING!!! They did different songs in each concert except for the last one. I was able to get a lot closer for the 2nd concert.

It is now time to take the monorail to the Polynesian where I will be eating dinner at Captain Cooks for the 2nd time on this trip. I will then make my way to the Magic Kingdom for this evenings Disney After Hours event!

Oh my! The Disney After Hours event was so much fun! I was able to accomplish 14 things/attractions plus stocking my backpack with as many bottles of water as I possibly could during the event. I’ll get into everything I was able to do at a later time.

The best part of the night was the very end when @Lesley Wake snd I were able to get a private Jungle Cruise!!! BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! We got in line about 15 minutes before the event was over and two cast members really tried their best to get us a private boat. I’m so happy they succeeded, because a private Jungle Cruise was my one goal for this event! ...Don’t worry. There is a video of the whole ride that will be posted later. :)

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

Today has the most change to my schedule. I was scheduled to go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios this morning, but I decided not to. I’m on my way to EPCOT where I’ll be experiencing the Flower & Garden Festival for most of the day. Flower & Garden is my favorite festival that EPCOT does all year, but I really want to get to Festival of Arts next year. I was also successfully able to transfer my fast passes to EPCOT.

Had a great afternoon at Disney Springs.

Met a fellow DISer (@Lesley Wake )! Had lunch at D-Luxe Burger which is always delicious.

We would do the Star Wars Virtual Reality Experience at Disney Springs. I had a much better experience this trip (spoiler for my other trip report). That was due to just walking in with no line at all.

I would make a stop at Ghiradelli to get a chocolate shake.

Lesley and I would then take an Uber to the Polynesian. She was planning on taking an Uber since she was heading to the Magic Kingdom. I was on my way to EPCOT, and I decided I would like to take the monorail in. Well, we would arrive to the Polynesian and our Uber driver drove right past the entrance. So, we had him take us to the Grand. Due to this, I’m on a longer trip on the monorail than I was hoping.

So, I’ll be getting on the EPCOT Monorail soon. Anyone who has read my trip reports knows exactly where I’m going in EPCOT. :D

Sounds like ur having a great trip. Where did you have to go to meet uber driver?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter