A solo dinner- where would you choose?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
My friend is joining me on a Sunday evening. I'll be alone on a Saturday in January. She hates fish/shellfish/sushi. I was thinking of Tokyo dining, or even Takumi-tei (gulp at the price). Teppan Edo?
I live in a rural area, and almost never get sushi or sashimi, so that would be my choice.

Haven’t eaten at Takumi-tei , although it’s on our list for next spring! The sushi and sashimi offerings are better at Tokyo Dining, but Teppan Edo is a fun restaurant. You will be seated in a communal table there.

The best sushi in property is probably Kimonos at the Swan. It is much better than what you will get in Epcot and just a short walk away using the International Gateway.

Or try Morimoto Asia? I have to be honest, I've only been to Morimoto at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, but I loved it. Very good sushi, great service, etc. I'd hope that the Orlando outlet would be just as good.

My friend is joining me on a Sunday evening. I'll be alone on a Saturday in January. She hates fish/shellfish/sushi. I was thinking of Tokyo dining, or even Takumi-tei (gulp at the price). Teppan Edo?
I live in a rural area, and almost never get sushi or sashimi, so that would be my choice.

The sushi at Takumi-Tei is exquisite and the restaurant is absolutely gorgeous. That being said, if you would like a more extensive sushi/sashimi menu and you aren't on the dining plan, I would go to Kimono's at the Swan. If I wanted an exclusively sushi/sashimi meal, that would be my choice. The rolls are great there, too.

One more thought, I'm going to encourage you to sit at a table. You don't have to huddle in the bar. Be brave.

I have to travel for work sometimes. It's okay to eat alone in a restaurant. The last few years, when I've gone to Orlando for a conference, I'll take a day to go to MK. I've had dinner alone at both Tony's Town Square and Be Our Guest. I'll probably go alone again in May. My big question is where should I eat for my solo MK day?

If you're planning on being in Epcot or Hollyweird, go to Swan and hit Kimonos for sushi.
If you are feeling brave, do some Karaoke while you're there.
Ample Hills for dessert on the Boardwalk.
Both are well worth the short walk or boat ride from either park.

Somehow, I've never had a sushi meal at WDW beyond a few pieces during a CG brunch. This will probably change next trip as DGD has finally seen the light and now eats both sushi and sashimi.

In terms of atmosphere and service I'd probably consider eating solo at TD, CG, or Takumi-tei. All have a good reputation/reviews although I still haven't tried Takumi-tei yet. That will happen this upcoming trip for Christmas Eve.

I've heard good of Kimonos' offerings but haven't even seen the interior yet so am opinionless.

Last edited:
One more thought, I'm going to encourage you to sit at a table. You don't have to huddle in the bar. Be brave.

I have to travel for work sometimes. It's okay to eat alone in a restaurant. The last few years, when I've gone to Orlando for a conference, I'll take a day to go to MK. I've had dinner alone at both Tony's Town Square and Be Our Guest. I'll probably go alone again in May. My big question is where should I eat for my solo MK day?

I have no problem sitting at a table, but I sometimes enjoy the bar because I can sometimes chat with someone if I feel like it.

For my MK solo day (breakfast and lunch), I have ppo for BOG (may or may not keep that). I made an ADR for Skipper's Canteen for lunch. It looks like fun, and I've never eaten there.

Skipper or Liberty Tree!

My choice would be Morimoto's as we have been there a few times and hasn't disappointed. Sushi is excellent
and the sake sangria is awesome!!!!

I've enjoyed Kimonos, Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo all while dining solo. I'd make my decision based on the current menu. Kimonos is very good for sushi and sashimi. Tokyo Dining is OK for both but I prefer it for tempura. Teppan Edo is hibachi-centric. Fast table turnover at Teppan Edo while more relaxing dinner pace at Kimonos and Tokyo Dining. Make your choice based on what you actually want to eat, your budget and not so much about the atmosphere or dining solo. ps if you choose Tokyo Dining, ask for a window seat when you arrive and let them know you can wait until one opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter