A snake in our shower... not for the faint of heart!

That picture is sure a classic! Thanks for sharing. Glad he wasn't poisonous!

Sandy

OH DEAR GOD! My 6'3", 220 lb husband would have dropped dead if he saw that! You've GOT to be kidding...........UUUGGGGHHHHHHH!

Yup! We had a huge milk snake in our driveway and DS flagged down his father who happened to be driving by to come kill it!

what is a silverfish and palmetto? I don't think we have them in Connecticut..do they bite?:scared1:

Silverfish - gross small roachy bug
Palmetto bug - gross giant roach that is big enough to warrant a leash and a name!

I've never heard of anyone being bitten by either but I'm not entirely sure that it's impossible. DH had a palmetto land on him in the wee hours last year and it was hilarious:rotfl: We slept with a can of raid in the room forever after that.

Welcome to Florida... home of sun, fun, Mickey and critters.. ;) I live here and hate the critters.. My Jack Russel caught a black racer in our back yard and tore it apart once.. guts all over the place. YUK.. I once had a coral snake slithering past the the screen door of my entrance way.. that I nearly freaked out about. When I first bought my house here in 1992, there was a black racer heading toward my lanai and my (then) small kids were playing & I went nuts and chopped it up with a shovel.. no, I never have gotten use to sharing my neighborhood with them.. nor do I want to.. but I do...

DH let DS brought home a snake skin that they found in the backyard of the house - which I found in DS's room yesterday in what else but a Disney shopping bag! Ewww, I threw it out... shhh, don't tell DH or DS. :rotfl2:

We had one just like that in the garage of the house we rented in Lindsfield a couple of years age. It is a funny story we tell now. Wasn't so funny then. Oh well, another Disney trip memory for the kids. :laughing:

We just got back from Sunset Lakes, and I was surprised to see snake catching and relocating directions in the binder. :eek: We've rented quite a few houses in the Orlando area and never seen that in any of the binders before. :rotfl2:

I will say this though, while we loved our stay at Sunset Lakes and would stay there again in a heartbeat, the house we were in had nothing across the street except bushes, etc. (when we pulled in the first night, we saw two raccoons run across the street into the bushes). I can see where that could make it more susceptible to wild creatures. In fact, we warned our son-in-law (who had only been to Orlando once before - with us and we stayed at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas then) that he needed to be careful when he was fishing and keep an eye out for alligators (he wanted to fish the night we got there - not necessarily the best idea :rolleyes1).

Awwww. I love snakes and that one is a cutie! Shame that he was in your shower tho. Maybe he was a peeping Tom snake? How rude haha :rotfl:

It's just a Garter Snake. Probably looking for palmetto bugs to eat. They're easily handled, although they have an annoying habit of losing control of their bowels or puking when first picked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter