A Six Thousand Kilometer Road Trip to Disneyland and Back- TR has started on page 37!

Well, that and they change things. There is a restaurant listed for Fantasyland that I have no clue where it is and I was there just three years ago. Have you even been to DCA? I don't think it was opened last time you were there was it? So a map to that would be a helpful thing too.

Nope haven't been to DCA or DTD. Looking forward to both of those. I have seen maps, and looked at them on googlemaps satellite view, so I have an idea of the layout, but can't really tell where places to eat are or anything. Just rides mostly.

No they didn't print out too great. It looks great on the screen before you print, because it's all 3D and colorful, which is nice, but when it prints out, it just seems to small to see too easily. Also the list prints out funny too, and you get half a map and half a list on one page, and it's just a mess!

And anything about the restuarants would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
We are (well I am, cause all I have done to Dillon is show him the trip report pictures of food) thinking about doing PCH for sure, then Cafe Orleans, Blue Bayou and Big Thunder BBQ are the big ones we are thinking about now. Also possibly ESPN because Dillon wants to see the arcade there, so we might just make a meal out of it.

I am pretty much guessing I won't be going to PCH, but I will be able to get pictures of the menus from CO, BB, and BT BBQ. We have eaten at ESPN and other than the wait it was great food, and the arcade is a lot of fun. If you go to the ESPN Zone website there is a club that you can join that gives you things.

Nope haven't been to DCA or DTD. Looking forward to both of those. I have seen maps, and looked at them on googlemaps satellite view, so I have an idea of the layout, but can't really tell where places to eat are or anything. Just rides mostly.

I figured that you hadn't seen them. DTD is one thing you just have to experience, there are no maps or pamphlets of it that I know of. DCA though there is a pamphlet about it. The layout of DCA is kind of confusing to me. For some reason there are parts I have never seen. Last time I spent more time than I ever have there. This time I hope to spend more but with the crowds who knows.

I am already estimating that PCH will be a pretty penny, and I hear it's a buffet, so that one is ok anyways. I am thinking I will try to make a fairly early reservation for it, as I read a review yesterday that a late breakfast wasn't a good one! Anything else would be so helpful, thank you. You don't need to go out of your way, but if you happen to be at any of those places, some tips would be great! I will give that ESPN site a try. :)

I am already estimating that PCH will be a pretty penny, and I hear it's a buffet, so that one is ok anyways. I am thinking I will try to make a fairly early reservation for it, as I read a review yesterday that a late breakfast wasn't a good one! Anything else would be so helpful, thank you. You don't need to go out of your way, but if you happen to be at any of those places, some tips would be great! I will give that ESPN site a try. :)

Well, since I love New Orleans Square any thing there is a given. And all of the restaurants have their menus posted outside so no problem. And I so want to eat at the BT BBQ.

I figured that you hadn't seen them. DTD is one thing you just have to experience, there are no maps or pamphlets of it that I know of. DCA though there is a pamphlet about it. The layout of DCA is kind of confusing to me. For some reason there are parts I have never seen. Last time I spent more time than I ever have there. This time I hope to spend more but with the crowds who knows.

I have been reading that it is hardly ever very busy over there. I am curious as to why? I know it's not the same as Disneyland, but it still seems like there is a lot to do and see there. Apart from the many rides, there is the DEP (at the moment), and the Animation Studios, and now World of Color. Sounds like a fun place to me!

And I am so looking forward to DTD. I think just the atmosphere, especially at night, will be so cool. I am hoping that if we don't get in too late, that we can take a stroll though there on our first night. It will be a Friday night, and DL most likely won't close until midnight. Do you know if DTD keeps things open later too?

Well, since I love New Orleans Square any thing there is a given. And all of the restaurants have their menus posted outside so no problem. And I so want to eat at the BT BBQ.

That BBQ places sounds so good doesn't it? Who doesn't love BBQ??? Mmmm.

I have been reading that it is hardly ever very busy over there. I am curious as to why? I know it's not the same as Disneyland, but it still seems like there is a lot to do and see there. Apart from the many rides, there is the DEP (at the moment), and the Animation Studios, and now World of Color. Sounds like a fun place to me!

And I am so looking forward to DTD. I think just the atmosphere, especially at night, will be so cool. I am hoping that if we don't get in too late, that we can take a stroll though there on our first night. It will be a Friday night, and DL most likely won't close until midnight. Do you know if DTD keeps things open later too?

I know that the bars and restaurants are probably going on until 1 or 2 even. And I love DTD, we are going to spend part of our first day after we get set up at our hotel. While we are there I am walking over to Disneyland or DCA to activate my AP.:dance3: And then I will rejoin everyone else.

I will never understand why people don't like it except they expect it to be Disneyland and it just isn't. If you except it the way it is and don't expect it to be Disneyland you will have a ball. I think maybe the people that don't like it are from California, but that is one reason I love it so much. I am sad they are taking out some of the things that I love like the Golden Gate Bridge. I love walking under it, to me it is wonderful but they are going to take it out. I am so taking picture while we are there.

It will be busier this year because they are opening World of Color. I think we are just going to give the World of Color a miss this trip. I will catch it on another trip this year. We will instead focus on Fantasmic at night. Maybe that will be less crowded.

I know that the bars and restaurants are probably going on until 1 or 2 even. And I love DTD, we are going to spend part of our first day after we get set up at our hotel. While we are there I am walking over to Disneyland or DCA to activate my AP.:dance3: And then I will rejoin everyone else.

I will never understand why people don't like it except they expect it to be Disneyland and it just isn't. If you except it the way it is and don't expect it to be Disneyland you will have a ball. I think maybe the people that don't like it are from California, but that is one reason I love it so much. I am sad they are taking out some of the things that I love like the Golden Gate Bridge. I love walking under it, to me it is wonderful but they are going to take it out. I am so taking picture while we are there.

It will be busier this year because they are opening World of Color. I think we are just going to give the World of Color a miss this trip. I will catch it on another trip this year. We will instead focus on Fantasmic at night. Maybe that will be less crowded.

I think it is strange that they are taking down the bridge. I heard they were taking the letters down at the entrance too. I wonder why? They changed the swings and the wheel. Are they trying to get away from the California theme now? Cause that's what it seems like. I don't know how, since its called "California Adventure". :confused3

I am really hoping that World of Color will be playing on weekdays as well while we are there. I made sure we were going to be there at least one weekend day for Fantasmic, but I am not sure when we will be able to go down again, so I really want to be able to see World of Color as well.

Maybe I should just get 6 day tickets, and we will try and get there as soon as we can by getting up a bit earlier to drive, and then try and get to WOC too. If we get there at 7 and DL is open til midnight, it might be worth it to get an extra day in.

I think it is strange that they are taking down the bridge. I heard they were taking the letters down at the entrance too. I wonder why? They changed the swings and the wheel. Are they trying to get away from the California theme now? Cause that's what it seems like. I don't know how, since its called "California Adventure". :confused3

I am really hoping that World of Color will be playing on weekdays as well while we are there. I made sure we were going to be there at least one weekend day for Fantasmic, but I am not sure when we will be able to go down again, so I really want to be able to see World of Color as well.

World of Color is opening while we are there is why I know it is going to be real busy while we are there. By the time you go maybe it will slow down. It looks to me that they are going to make it more like an homage to southern California in that part of the park, Santa Cruz in the boardwalk area and the northern part of the state in the winery and Grizzle River area. Oh and San Francisco in the Wharf area. One place you have to visit is the Mission Tortilla factory and get a fresh tortilla. Oh my gosh they are wonderful.

Maybe I should just get 6 day tickets, and we will try and get there as soon as we can by getting up a bit earlier to drive, and then try and get to WOC too. If we get there at 7 and DL is open til midnight, it might be worth it to get an extra day in.

You know the difference in price is only $15 for that extra day and if you have priced the ticket it is worth that $15.

An AP sounds so exciting! I wish I could justify getting one. But when it's going to cost us nearly $3000 for this trip, I can't see us being able to do it again before it expires. I wish though!

An AP sounds so exciting! I wish I could justify getting one. But when it's going to cost us nearly $3000 for this trip, I can't see us being able to do it again before it expires. I wish though!

I justify it also by the 15% off of meals and the free parking. When you figure that parking is $15 a day, and we are feeding 6 people in our part of the group alone it really racks up the savings after a while and justifies the price.

World of Color is opening while we are there is why I know it is going to be real busy while we are there. By the time you go maybe it will slow down. It looks to me that they are going to make it more like an homage to southern California in that part of the park, Santa Cruz in the boardwalk area and the northern part of the state in the winery and Grizzle River area. Oh and San Francisco in the Wharf area. One place you have to visit is the Mission Tortilla factory and get a fresh tortilla. Oh my gosh they are wonderful.

You know the difference in price is only $15 for that extra day and if you have priced the ticket it is worth that $15.

For only $15, I might consider doing that. It's not an extra night in the hotel or anything, so it's not like it will cost us a whole bunch more. Maybe when it gets closer and we know the hours and if WOC will be open all week or not, we can see if it will be worth it to get there a little faster.

Sounds like DCA is getting quite the make-over. Too bad that Carsland won't be open by the time we get there, it sounds like a really cool area!

For only $15, I might consider doing that. It's not an extra night in the hotel or anything, so it's not like it will cost us a whole bunch more. Maybe when it gets closer and we know the hours and if WOC will be open all week or not, we can see if it will be worth it to get there a little faster.

Sounds like DCA is getting quite the make-over. Too bad that Carsland won't be open by the time we get there, it sounds like a really cool area!

That was my thought with buying the 6 day tickets for our group. And it might be kind of fun for you to do some of the rides that are fun in the dark at Disneyland too. Like the Jungle Cruise, it is kind of romantic after dark. And it will make sleeping that night easier because you won't be quite as excited because you will have had a few hours in the park or parks.

Carsland should be fun, and this gives you are son to plan a future trip to Disneyland.

That was my thought with buying the 6 day tickets for our group. And it might be kind of fun for you to do some of the rides that are fun in the dark at Disneyland too. Like the Jungle Cruise, it is kind of romantic after dark. And it will make sleeping that night easier because you won't be quite as excited because you will have had a few hours in the park or parks.

Carsland should be fun, and this gives you are son to plan a future trip to Disneyland.

This is actually sounding really tempting. Our original plan put us in Anaheim at around 9, so if we just got up a couple hours earlier, we could probably do it. Even if Dillon doesn't want to drive that early, he can sleep in the car! If DL is open until midnight, that will give us a good amount of time there. Do you know what time Fantasmic! is usually on, roughly? If we could catch it that night, then we could for sure get WOC in on Saturday. Or if WOC is on all week, then we will have time on the Friday just to relax and walk around after our long car ride.

And it sure does give us reason! Although I highly doubt you would have to give us too much reason to go back. I just hope Dillon feels the same way!

This is actually sounding really tempting. Our original plan put us in Anaheim at around 9, so if we just got up a couple hours earlier, we could probably do it. Even if Dillon doesn't want to drive that early, he can sleep in the car! If DL is open until midnight, that will give us a good amount of time there. Do you know what time Fantasmic! is usually on, roughly? If we could catch it that night, then we could for sure get WOC in on Saturday. Or if WOC is on all week, then we will have time on the Friday just to relax and walk around after our long car ride.

And it sure does give us reason! Although I highly doubt you would have to give us too much reason to go back. I just hope Dillon feels the same way!

I have no clue but they will have a schedule up on disneyland.com I am sure it will be up a month before you leave and then you can go from there.

Either way, an extra day sounds so good to me! And you are right about it probably making it easier to sleep. One we won't be AS excited, and it will most definitely make us ready to pass out after driving for 10 hours then walking around for another 4 or 5! :laughing:

I mentioned adding another day to Dillon. I was expecting an "it won't be worth it" response. Nope. He is all for it. Proof that he is getting excited too! :banana:

Now I gotta check to see how many more airmiles that will cost us. My mom is pitching in some of the airmiles, so hopefully between the 2 of us, we will have enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter