A simply sensational summer solo trip ~ August '22 edition! Completed 12/17

The mug is adorable. I'd be tempted to take it home with me. :)
I really love it too!
We really enjoyed meeting you. I think we could have talked for a few more hours. The time just flew by. I hope we can do it again sometime. :)
I look forward to the next time! :)
Your dress was really cute, and I loved the matching Mickey ears. :)
Thank you so much!
Love your mug. You really did have a zen like start to your day. I love how you take your time and enjoy the day at your own pace. Sounds like you met some lovely people along the way and I’m guessing one of the joys of a solo trip is you can chat as long as you like without worrying about holding up anyone else in the family.
Such a relaxed vibe to your trip!
Hoping Mother Nature plays ball and you get to go to DS.
I am a big fan of relaxed mornings. Being able to set your own schedule is lovely on a solo trip. When else do we get to do that in our busy lives? I did have a perfect evening.....whether or not it was at DS remains to be seen. :)
"I started off my morning by putting on a pot of coffee before heading down to the Mara to pick up my Zebra Domes."
Ummm, nope! Zebra Domes have nuts. I am allergic to nuts. Therefore no Zebra Domes for me.
Must admit... that's a really nice mug!
I recently broke my favourite HM mug and I don't think I'm gonna get over it any time soon.
Ugh, breaking a favourite mug is the worst!!

Glad that worked for you. :)
Have you ridden GotG? Thoughts?
Um... what??? Where has this been all my life??? I had no idea!
You need to rectify that situation next trip! Get yourself to the France pavilion and try that piece of deliciousness. Did I mention you can also have a custom brioche pressed ice cream sandwich made there?
Good thing it was yummy.....$18 USD is $24 CDN!
I absolutely love everything about your Trip Report.
Awww, thank you so much!!
That mug is the classiest pattern of anything at Disney. I was SO trying to justify buying it and the matching pieces I remember seeing but desperately trying to downsize. But it's absolute perfection and the picture of it with the book and glasses was sublime.
Thank you for your kind words! I am so happy that you joined in. :goodvibes

Ummm, nope! Zebra Domes have nuts. I am allergic to nuts. Therefore no Zebra Domes for me.
I didn't finish the correction. Allow me:

"I started off my morning by putting on a pot of coffee before heading down to the Mara to pick up my Zebra Domes. I then carefully packaged them up and sent them North to my best friend, pkondz."
Have you ridden GotG? Thoughts?
::yes::

Loved it. :goodvibes
You need to rectify that situation next trip! Get yourself to the France pavilion and try that piece of deliciousness. Did I mention you can also have a custom brioche pressed ice cream sandwich made there?
You did not mention that!
I've only had ice cream there once. Must rectify this oversight.

"I started off my morning by putting on a pot of coffee before heading down to the Mara to pick up my Zebra Domes. I then carefully packaged them up and sent them North to my best friend, pkondz."
Oh! Now I get it.....that's totally what I meant to do! Just like you will find Mickey coconut patties and send them to me. Deal?? :rotfl: :rotfl:
I've only had ice cream there once. Must rectify this oversight.
They have so many great treats. Plus Les Halles is a terrific spot for an inexpensive lunch.

IMG_1602.JPEG

I love your mug!

I was also lucky enough to secure a boarding group for GotG today! And I had a Dismeet!

That's a really good start to your day in Epcot.

I got "One Way Or Another" this time and it was awesome!! I discovered that if I just went with the music and didn't focus on the track, I had no issues at all. It was a smooth, fun and exhilirating ride!

I keep trying to tell myself to just go with it. I'm really hoping I don't get sick but must at least try it. Danielle loves and rides it every chance she gets.

I was in the mood for dessert now so headed off to the L'Artisan des Glaces where I chose the raspberry macaron ice cream sandwich (key lime ice cream inside).

This looks soooo good.

There were no tables available inside so I perched beside the fountain to enjoy my drink and treat. I ended up meeting two lovely young women who were celebrating their recent law school graduation. We talked for well over an hour and put the world to rights. I only wish I had got their their text info to share the pictures we took.

I love the people you meet in Disney. Most of them actually "get it".

I love your mug!
Thank you!
I keep trying to tell myself to just go with it. I'm really hoping I don't get sick but must at least try it. Danielle loves and rides it every chance she gets.
I rode three times and it was better each time. Being relaxed and just going with the music makes it so fun!
I love the people you meet in Disney. Most of them actually "get it".
Disney people are the best people!
Glad you had a nice visit to Buffalo! Love the Loungefly you picked! Perfect for December!
Thank you! We are pretty glad we went in early November instead of last weekend! We didn't go right into Buffalo as we stayed by the Galleria Mall. I really enjoyed Target (went there on my own while Bill napped). Most of our shopping was done at the outlets on MIlitary Trail. There were some really good deals and many stores would let you choose whether to pay in American or Canadian currency.

I loved Box Lunch and was happy to hear they may open up in Toronto next year! I could have spent a lot of money there. I love that backpack and managed to resist the matching wallet. I have to save some money for Disney after all!
Geyser Point is always a good choice!!
Geyser Point is an essential stop every trip for me. Nothing better!

Oh! Now I get it.....that's totally what I meant to do! Just like you will find Mickey coconut patties and send them to me. Deal?? :rotfl: :rotfl:
They have so many great treats. Plus Les Halles is a terrific spot for an inexpensive lunch.
Well sure, I've done that. Provided when you say "lunch" you mean at least two dessert dishes.

:rolleyes1

A RL update, relaxing Disney evening and the BEST Disney breakfast!

Two weeks from tonight, we will be at the airport on our way to Disney!!!!! Yes, I am just a little excited! Last week I got am email from DVC which I was surprised to receive. They made a change in our reservation and moved us to a studio at Copper Creek. We were originally booked at our home resort of Boulder Ridge but as you may know, it is currently under a long awaited renovation.
I am just thankful we are still on the Wilderness Lodge property. Bring on Boulder Cove pool cabanas, drinks at Geyser Point and Territory Lounge and enjoying all the lovely Christmas decor!

Now back to my TR!

I managed to grab a bus back to AK with only a short wait but it was still pouring down. I hung out in the room a bit hoping it would ease but I pretty much gave up on Disney Springs. Once it slowed to a drizzle, I decided to set up camp on my balcony. I always find the animals are active after a rain storm and that certainly proved to be true!

IMG_1624.JPEG

IMG_1625.JPEG

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the animals while I had a glass of wine. I was getting peckish so I decided to do a mobile order for the Mara. I went for the Chickpea Salad sandwich (Served with Tabbouleh and Cucumber-Tomato Salad). This was a very generous serving so I decided to have 1/2 now with the cucumber salad and save the rest for later.

IMG_1626.JPEG
Coming back up to the room, I was rewarded with not only a rainbow but a double rainbow!
IMG_1627.JPEG
IMG_1633.JPEG

I poured myself another glass of wine and settled in to watch a spectacular sunset.
IMG_1636.JPEG

IMG_1637.JPEG

It really was the perfect evening! I got ready for bed and watched a little HGTV. with a cup of tea before turning in. I had breakfast in the morning at my beloved Boma!

Of course, Boma was everything I hoped for. It never disappoints and it is a great bargain for $29.95. I started off with some yummy POG juice and coffee. Then for my first plate, I enjoyed the carved ham with Boma mustard, plantain, potato barrels, turkey bobotie, grilled asparagus and tomato
IMG_1640.JPEG
If that wasn't enough, my second plate was bacon, goat cheese scrambled eggs and a Mickey waffle.
IMG_1641.JPEG
Dessert was essential...I mean who doesn't want dessert at breakfast? So I went for the bread pudding with vanilla sauce and grapes.
IMG_1642.JPEG

Feeling extremely full and satisfied, I headed out to catch the bus for Animal Kingdom!
That's coming up next!

Two weeks from tonight, we will be at the airport on our way to Disney!!!!!
Whoa! That's coming up fast! No wonder you're excited. :)
I always find the animals are active after a rain storm and that certainly proved to be true!
Huh. I wasn't aware of that, but it makes sense.
I decided to do a mobile order for the Mara.
Zebra dommmmmeessssss...
Spectacular.
I got ready for bed and watched a little HGTV.
You know... I don't think I've ever turned on the TV at Disney. Huh.
I had breakfast in the morning at my beloved Boma!
mmmmm... Boma breakfast. Speaking of spectacular!
I went for the bread pudding with vanilla sauce
I was very disappointed with the bread pudding with vanilla sauce.

Disappointed that I ate too much before trying it... OMG... soooooo good! I only wish I'd saved room for more! :faint:

2 weeks from today and I will be flying solo down to the most magical and Christmassy Place on Earth! I’m really getting excited for all thing’s Christmas, meeting up with you, Karamie, and Cloe, and hopefully sun in abundance!
Sitting on the deck at AKL is such a wonderful way to spend some downtime on vacation!
Boma breakfast is delightful! I’m with both you and @pkondz the bread pudding with the vanilla sauce yummy 🤤

They made a change in our reservation and moved us to a studio at Copper Creek.
I think that they did a great job with the DVC in the WL building. The one change I would have liked to see is a Murphy bed instead of a sofa bed, but otherwise it looks nice.

We plan to go over to WL to check out the decorations and maybe have lunch at Geyser Point this upcoming Wednesday. :)
I always find the animals are active after a rain storm and that certainly proved to be true!
We were at AK on a rainy February day and the animals on the safari were very active.
I poured myself another glass of wine and settled in to watch a spectacular sunset.
I love watching sunsets and sunrises. You had a great view. :)
I enjoyed the carved ham
I love the carved ham. :)

Whoa! That's coming up fast! No wonder you're excited. :)
13 days and counting!
You know... I don't think I've ever turned on the TV at Disney. Huh.
I don't have cable as home so always watch a little HGTV (my fave) to unwind at Disney.
mmmmm... Boma breakfast. Speaking of spectacular!
The best!
Disappointed that I ate too much before trying it... OMG... soooooo good! I only wish I'd saved room for more! :faint:
You know next time I have breakfast at Boma, I think I am going to start with the bread pudding!
2 weeks from today and I will be flying solo down to the most magical and Christmassy Place on Earth! I’m really getting excited for all thing’s Christmas, meeting up with you, Karamie, and Cloe, and hopefully sun in abundance!
Can't wait to see you!
Boma breakfast is delightful! I’m with both you and @pkondz the bread pudding with the vanilla sauce yummy 🤤
It is so good!We stayed at Copper Creek in 2019 and love it. We had one of the alternate layout studios which was huge! I am really looking forward to the renovation at BRV.
I think that they did a great job with the DVC in the WL building. The one change I would have liked to see is a Murphy bed instead of a sofa bed, but otherwise it looks nice.
I love the dressers they put in the rooms!
We plan to go over to WL to check out the decorations and maybe have lunch at Geyser Point this upcoming Wednesday. :)
Awesome! I hope the turkey sandwich is back and that Josh is working to make you a delicious drink!
I love watching sunsets and sunrises. You had a great view. :)
It was so lovely,

13 days and counting!
Not that you're keeping track or anything... :rolleyes1
I don't have cable as home so always watch a little HGTV (my fave) to unwind at Disney.
Wasn't judging. Maybe if my touring style wasn't so insane, I'd have time to unwind and watch TV! :laughing:
You know next time I have breakfast at Boma, I think I am going to start with the bread pudding!
"What was your favourite part of Boma?"
"Bread pudding and vanilla sauce."
"What else did you have?"
"What do you mean... "What else?""

Not that you're keeping track or anything... :rolleyes1
Not at all......11 days now in case you were wondering. I pulled out all my Christmas themed Disney stuff to get ready to pack. I arranged my Owner's Locker to be delivered too. Just a bit excited!
"What was your favourite part of Boma?"
"Bread pudding and vanilla sauce."
"What else did you have?"
"What do you mean... "What else?""
Exactly! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

So instead of entering MK in my cute Disneybound, I got to walk in looking like a drowned rat in my trusty blue poncho!
IMG_1501.JPEG
At least you were able to make the best of it and still walk down Main Street with a smile on your face!
I debated heading back up Main Street to see the last showing of the Sanderson sisters stage show but honestly my feet were sore, it was 11:30 and I was tired. It had been another full day. Rather than face the line for the monorail, I decided I would head back along the new walking path. What a great addition this is to the MK area!
That really was a full day. It would have been hard to leave, but probably the prudent choice.
And if you are going to World Showcase, there is only one place to start. Mexico! I can't go to Mexico without going on "It's a Small Mexico".
I couldn't agree more strongly with any of this.
ell, I got a pool view. The loudest poolview imaginable! As well, the room was not in the best of shape.
Yikes... sorry.
Opening to the room, I was delighted to see I had received a partial savannah view! Plus the room was in much better condition.
I'm glad they were able to move you. A bit frustrating that it took a day to happen, but better than nothing.
I watched the fireworks, did a little shopping and got some photos on Main Street. It was a perfect, low key evening!
That really does make for a nice evening!
I went for a Cucumber Lime margarita and tried not to flinch at the $18 USD price tag!
I guess my drinking around the world days are behind me. :rotfl2:
I am just thankful we are still on the Wilderness Lodge property. Bring on Boulder Cove pool cabanas, drinks at Geyser Point and Territory Lounge and enjoying all the lovely Christmas decor!
I love the Wilderness Lodge, especially at Christmas time!!! I'm so glad you're going to get to spend time at your home away from home!

At least you were able to make the best of it and still walk down Main Street with a smile on your face!
I always try to make the best of things. :)
I couldn't agree more strongly with any of this.
It's the only way. I'm Canadian but who starts in Canada???
I'm glad they were able to move you. A bit frustrating that it took a day to happen, but better than nothing.
The CM was really nice about it.
I guess my drinking around the world days are behind me. :rotfl2:
It's even worse with the exchange. Almost $24 CDN!
I love the Wilderness Lodge, especially at Christmas time!!! I'm so glad you're going to get to spend time at your home away from home!
Thank you so much! I can't wait!
I'm glad you are still at Copper Creek! We are a week away from our trip and I can't wait!!
I am happy we are still on WL property. 9 days and counting here and I am super excited! I have my stuff all pulled to pack and am stalking the weather apps. Are you doing an outfit video?

We went over to Geyser Point today for lunch. I really liked the Cascade Sangria and the salmon salad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts