A Randy Chapman Question

yanners

Mouseketeer
Since Randy isn't a "disney" photographer, do you get some kind of discount on your wedding package if you choose not to have Disney do the photos?

How much does Randy's services cost?

yanners said:
Since Randy isn't a "disney" photographer, do you get some kind of discount on your wedding package if you choose not to have Disney do the photos?

How much does Randy's services cost?

Im assuming you mean on an intimate wedding? I dont think you get a discount but i believe you can use the photographic portion of the package to do one of the honeymoon photoshoots.

::yes:: If you use an outside photographer, you can do the honeymoon shoot in its place--in the Magic Kingdom or at one of the resorts in casual clothing. You cannot use it towards the cost of the MK photo shoot.

I swapped mine for a honneymoon shoot (which was actually done the day before the wedding). It took place in the MK. I had some beautiful shots done around the castle.
My wedding was the following day, and they were behind the door waiting for us when we came back later that day. They were presented in a beautiful leather album.

Here are 2 castle shots:
weddingphotos010.jpg

weddingphotos017.jpg

Very nice pictures janine...I looks like there was no one within miles of you.

Here's a question...since I hope I will be using Randy for our Intimate, does anyone know if I can do both....take the honeymoon package swap AND pay for the MK photo shoot? I would imagine Disney wll take my money :rotfl2: ...but has anyone done that?

Tinkerbellz said:
Very nice pictures janine...I looks like there was no one within miles of you.

Here's a question...since I hope I will be using Randy for our Intimate, does anyone know if I can do both....take the honeymoon package swap AND pay for the MK photo shoot? I would imagine Disney wll take my money :rotfl2: ...but has anyone done that?

Yes, Disney would let you do that - provided they are still allowing brides to swap their wedding photography for the honeymoon package. A while back I know some brides were reporting they were being told they wouldn't get anything if they used an outside photographer. I don't know what their current stance is.

Either way, as long as you are willing to pay for the MK photo session you can do it.

hmgolden said:
Yes, Disney would let you do that - provided they are still allowing brides to swap their wedding photography for the honeymoon package. A while back I know some brides were reporting they were being told they wouldn't get anything if they used an outside photographer. I don't know what their current stance is.

If they won't allow you a swap or money off, I'd demand they show up and supply me with the photo's enclosed in the package, and have Randy as well!!! :thumbsup2

dee slack said:
If they won't allow you a swap or money off, I'd demand they show up and supply me with the photo's enclosed in the package, and have Randy as well!!! :thumbsup2

It strikes me that somewhere in the contract for Randy it says that you agree that there will be no other photographer at your event. Even though it would suck, it is Disney's right to stop offering the honeymoon shoot as alternative to using Disney photography for your wedding. It would be kind of a "use it or lose it" deal. Basically the same idea as 4 hours of limo service, when most brides average about 2.5 hours of use. There is no compensation for the hours not used.

Mommy Poppins said:
It strikes me that somewhere in the contract for Randy it says that you agree that there will be no other photographer at your event. Even though it would suck, it is Disney's right to stop offering the honeymoon shoot as alternative to using Disney photography for your wedding. It would be kind of a "use it or lose it" deal. Basically the same idea as 4 hours of limo service, when most brides average about 2.5 hours of use. There is no compensation for the hours not used.

I made sure that we used all our 4 hours...almost to the minute :)

We also had the honeymoon shoot and the MK shoot. We had to pay an additional $50 towards the honeymoon shoot when we swopped it.

eblondie said:
I made sure that we used all our 4 hours...almost to the minute :)

We also had the honeymoon shoot and the MK shoot. We had to pay an additional $50 towards the honeymoon shoot when we swopped it.

So eblondie,
Were the pictures worth the extra cost? I wanted to have our wedding at Epcot in Italy, but maybe the Honeymoon shoot can be there instead. hmmmmm. Better get out my wedding journal planner and write that down! :wizard:

what would Randy's cost be for an intimate? Just wondering!

I have been trying to get on the website but it says you need a password... any idea what that password is?

Tinkerbellz said:
So eblondie,
Were the pictures worth the extra cost? I wanted to have our wedding at Epcot in Italy, but maybe the Honeymoon shoot can be there instead. hmmmmm. Better get out my wedding journal planner and write that down! :wizard:

Yes I thought they were worth the money. The photos were great but some of the printing of them wasnt the best. I printed off better using my home printer :confused3 To be honest if we hadnt have spent the $50 I would have felt that we were losing out. My friend wanted to do the same thing as we did - use Randy and then have the honeymoon package, Disney didnt tell them they could do this and were ready to charge them the full amount until I stepped in.

VistaLeigh'smommy said:
I have been trying to get on the website but it says you need a password... any idea what that password is?
Dee Slack posted that he sent her "ariel" to use just to check it out. I haven't tried it myself.

I am using Randy for our intimate and here is what our package includes: Up to 3 hours of coverage, approximately 150 to 200 4x5 Photos in a proof album, one 11x14 or two 8x10's, and the master CD with copyrights. The package was $575 then tax was 37.37 so total we paid $612.37

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter