A question for those who are there now or going soon...

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
I am trying to pack my clothes and torn between taking shorts and capris or just capris and a couple pr of long pants. We will be there Nov 27 - Dec 5. Thanks! :thanks: I am getting so excited!

I should have said that we will likely be at the parks from opening until either around 7pm or even as late as 9pm. I will likely pack a thin hoodie and a thick one. I am coming from Canada so that means I need a bit of warmth getting to and from the airport. But I also don’t want to overpack (like I always do! :ssst:)

I plan on capris with long-sleeve shirts. I'll probably layer up, with a tank or a short-sleeved shirt under and a light hoodie. I'll wear jeans the night we attend. MVMCP.

Saw illuminations tonight and a sweatshirt and leggings kept me comfortable. It was breezy, too.

Going December 2 to 8. Right now I’m planning a mix of shorts, capris, jeans, short sleeves, sweatshirts, jacket. I’ve gone many times this week and found the forecast can change quick so I don’t make final decisions until a day or two before. If it is below a high of 70, it will get cold after dark. One trip was highs only in the 60’s, I brought a flannel lined denim coat for evening and gloves, glad to have them.

Plan for warm weather this time of year unless you see a cold front coming through

I'm bringing a mix. I'm usually fine as long as my arms and chest is warm so shorts/capris have been fine for me in the past and layering for the top (long sleeve thin shirts, heavier sweatshirt). I also toss in a pair of gloves incase it gets very chilly in morning or later at night.

Since I'm coming from NY I'll have at least one pair of jeans/long pants that i will wear to/from airport up here

They are not always the most fashionable but we like to wear convertible pants (Columbia makes them) where we can have long pants in the cool morning and then unzip the legs to have shorts during the day and then zip them back up for pants when it cools off at night. The leg bottoms are easy to store in a purse or backpack during the day. They are a great compromise.

I should have said that we will likely be at the parks from opening until either around 7pm or even as late as 9pm. I will likely pack a thin hoodie and a thick one. I am coming from Canada so that means I need a bit of warmth getting to and from the airport. But I also don’t want to overpack (like I always do! :ssst:)

Depends on your tolerance. We're here now. For us, it's definitely shorts and t-shirts during the daytime. It's fairly warm, but the sun is strong, so it makes it really feel nice and toasty. When the sun goes down, it can start to get a bit chilly. For me, I'd still be OK in shorts, but put a long sleeve t-shirt on. DW would put a jacket on.

We arrive Friday and we will be there until Dec 6. I have packed two pairs of jeans/pants per person and several pairs of shorts. All t-shirts and one hoodie/pullover per person. Hopefully, it will do.

We are headed home today after a week. We brought long pants, shorts, long sleeves, short sleeves, hoodies etc. We opened one park a day and closed one per day. We did not wear a single thing except shorts and short-sleeved shirts. We live in Chicago though so your results may vary.

I left WDW on the 17th. I didn't wear anything but shorts and tshirts the entire time. I TOOK long pants, jackets, other shirts, just didn't take them out of the suitcase. When I got home to Tennessee, it was COLD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter