A PTR 12 months in the making? too soon?!! updated 11/16

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
Will it ever be just the 6 of us in WDW? I don't think so!!!

So I'm only a few days into my current TR and here I am contemplating a PTR already? I'm gonna go bonkers!!! :badpc:

Did anyone catch my TR from 2010?

WDW 2010 8 days with friends yayyy!

We took my best friend Michelle on that trip. So guess who called me the other night???? MICHELLE! She says...we want to got disney again!!! She asks... When are you going? :pHere we go again! I inform her we are kicking around the idea of 4th of July next year and she says PERFECT! :scared1: She informs me that her main goal is to visit the world showcase and to not sit by the pool again. I laughed and said well then you better start walking around Malvern and get ready because I am going to march you to death in WDW! She said..good good! She needs my fastpass expertise or something and is scared to go it alone!!! :rotfl2:

She's gone through some changes since that visit...like getting divorced and remarried to a nice guy named Tom!!! So she says her oldest Nick wouldn't go ..just her, Tom, Tina and John. (John is now a hormonal teenager and honestly Phil doesn't want him around Ashley for extended periods of time lol). She does inform me however that she would book her own room this time probably at a moderate resort which is good news since we are bringing Phil's Mom and Brother who didn't come on this past trip! Holy Canoli!

Yesterday morning Darren had his golf lesson at 10am and while driving there at 9:40 Michelle calls lol. She was ready to talk Disney! :drive:

Here we are at her wedding in November 2011

This is her and Tom...she is soooo happy now!

So I'm guessing this is the beginning of our next visit to WDW....stay tuned for exact dates... 11 month window will be here soon!!!
:hourglass

I have a WWYD posted in regards to this trip!!! :scared:

I still have the week before Easter booked which the kids don't know about...our daughter's 15th birthday falls during spring break... but the points are sky high. I was lucky enough to book 2 value studios at Jambo for the 8 of us which I'm scared to let go of!!!!

Last night we watched a 28 min video by popsong1 from MK on 4th of July this year. The crowds were a NIGHTMARE!!! 80 min for Pooh, 95 min for Peter Pan, over 100 min for space mountain. YIKES! :crazy2:

Option 3 - go in August...way better use of our points...I think a good chance of snagging CL at Jambo too!! Only issue is BIL will be starting college..not sure when though and we really want him to come. We've been in August before and were ok with the heat and loved the low crowds. If we could be lucky enough to avoid free dining that would be awesome too!!

So today I'm going to Michelle's for a cook out. Her brother has been dating via the internet for almost 4 years! well his love is arriving today and I'm going to finally meet her!!! We have big plans to talk about Disney so hopefully I'll have a concrete plan by tonight!

ps...i looked online yesterday and if we checked in on my bday next year June 13 value was available the whole time!!! but..it would overlap Ashley's birthday and Lauren would be mad! :joker:

stay tuned....

Thinking out loud about your trip options for 2013:

What would be so special or unique about going around the 4th of July? We've never been at WDW for a major holiday, so we don't know what we are missing. But is there something you will see or do during the 4th of July that you can't see or do at other times of the year? I imagine the fireworks shows might be a little more elaborate due to the holiday, but does Disney do anything else that makes that time of year a big "plus?"

The week before Easter will be crowded, perhaps as crowded as around the 4th of July. At least at this time of year you can celebrate your daughter's birthday. In my mind, that puts this time of year ahead of the 4th of July. However, point costs are higher, and will the weather be iffy, making the water parks less enjoyable for your group?

August has several things in its favor: Lower point costs than Easter, great weather for the water parks, and lower crowds. I've been reading your current trip report and I sense your group members are dyed-in-the-wool commandos. You'll be able to ride more rides and see more things during August because you won't be fighting the huge crowds of Easter or July 4th. A huge, huge drawback to the August trip is that its over a year away. Can you wait over 365 days for your next Disney fix???

Of course, the simple solution is to buy more points and take all three trips. Just thinking out loud.

Thinking out loud about your trip options for 2013:

What would be so special or unique about going around the 4th of July? We've never been at WDW for a major holiday, so we don't know what we are missing. But is there something you will see or do during the 4th of July that you can't see or do at other times of the year? I imagine the fireworks shows might be a little more elaborate due to the holiday, but does Disney do anything else that makes that time of year a big "plus?"

The week before Easter will be crowded, perhaps as crowded as around the 4th of July. At least at this time of year you can celebrate your daughter's birthday. In my mind, that puts this time of year ahead of the 4th of July. However, point costs are higher, and will the weather be iffy, making the water parks less enjoyable for your group?

August has several things in its favor: Lower point costs than Easter, great weather for the water parks, and lower crowds. I've been reading your current trip report and I sense your group members are dyed-in-the-wool commandos. You'll be able to ride more rides and see more things during August because you won't be fighting the huge crowds of Easter or July 4th. A huge, huge drawback to the August trip is that its over a year away. Can you wait over 365 days for your next Disney fix???

Of course, the simple solution is to buy more points and take all three trips. Just thinking out loud.

To wait 365 days is torture but good for our budget!!! I think August is winning...plus if we do coincide with free dining Michelle and can get it for free which she would enjoy. I'm hoping my BIL can come too that's still to be determined. ....

I talked to her today and she thinks August sounds good. We made the mistake of discussing in front of others...see my thread on the theme park attractions and strategies board from tonight... lol

Update on possible August visit and BILs start of college...

I talked to MIL yesterday and she gave me the two schools he's considering. I checked their fall schedules for this year and the earliest day was Aug 23 for new student orientation. We should be able to have a nice stay in August then!!! :banana:

So it looks like we are solid on August. Now I need to decide how I want to spend the points.... (if available of course!)

Stay Value and stay longer?

Stay CL and stay shorter?

skip both and stay at Kidani?

I would love to discuss it with Phil, but he hasn't had a day off since the 4th of July! He said he's taking a day off next week so hopefully we can nail down the final plans!

Ok...so August is out!

Looks like it will coincide with my BIL starting college. We've decided to brave the 4th of July crowds. I'm thinking we can go out to Michigan for his graduation party and fly to Orlando from there!!! I'm not sure if Michelle is still going to meet us there. She hasn't booked anything yet. stay tuned on that note!

So our current booking is June 30th in a treehouse at SSR (haven't stayed in one yet...so I might keep it at 7 months)

Then we are booked in a 2 bedroom (standard view) at Kidani 7/1-7/5!

I can't wait to take Leah to the pool area at Kidani..she will be 3 1/2 years old and the perfect age to play there!!!

My plan at 7 months is to hopefully change the treehouse to two nights in two standard view studios at BWV.. so wish me pixie dust!! :wizard:

I'm so excited to be planning this trip!!!

Then we are booked in a 2 bedroom (standard view) at Kidani 7/1-7/5! !!!

I've booked a 2 br standard view 3 times now at Kidani and I've gotten all 3 times a partial view of the Pembeh Savannah! You see Okapi's, vultures, Thomson's gazelles, red river hogs. I made no requests, twice landed on the 3rd floor, then this past week ) on the 4th floor. People complain about the walking, it is bad but it's the price paid for having some of the savannah access!

We love it, I hope you get a good view for your daughter! Good Luck!

2011-2012387.jpg

2011-2012384.jpg

2011-2012325.jpg

2011-2012343.jpg

2011-2012347.jpg

The balcony stretches from master bedrrom to guest bedroom! Fabulous.

Thanks for the pics... I saw them for quick second on my phone yesterday, but now they aren't showing up! I hope photobucket fixes them soon!

We stayed at kidani in 2010 standard view and I hated it...we were 2nd floor overlooking the parking lot. I'd love to get a view like you had!!! :thumbsup2

I can see the pics now!! Amazing! I really hope we get a view like that. I was thinking about requesting being close to the pool to be on the opposite side of the building from last time. Worth a shot I guess!!!

So far no word from Michelle. She still hasn't booked anything. At my 7 month window I'm going to make slight changes. Phil said he needs me to move our check in date to 7/2 since he can't take off monday. I want to drop SSR totally and stay at Kidani the whole time. We did a 3 resort stay this year... so next year one resort sounds great!!!

Here's an update as of 10/1/12!

Still no word from Michelle. I have no clue if she is meeting us there!!

Last week my husband alerted me he can't take off till July 2...so I'll need to change our trip dates. No biggie!

I keep flip flopping between Kidani and BWV which I'd like to snag at 7 months. I have a list of pros and cons for both resorts and I'm honestly torn!!! I'm thinking with 4th of July crowds being at BWV and being able to walk to DHS and Epcot could be great!!!

I'm also waiting for the 2013 Yes program dates to be published! That could change our dates slightly too since there's certain classes my kids want to take!

stay tuned!!!!
:thumbsup2

The verdict is in!!! Disney's Boardwalk Villas!!! :cool1:

I think we might, perhaps, finally be done changing our plans. oh no not true, wait till I start messing with dining! :rotfl2:

update -

Ok..so BIL johnny is graduating high school early, next month. He'll be starting college full time in January till May, then his summer semester starts June 24th. That means we had to scrap the 4th of July idea. So yesterday I moved the whole thing up to June 15th!!! I called and luckily there was two nights available at BWV!!! Tomorrow I will jump online and book the remaining nights at Kidani!

We visited this past June and loved it. The kids actually prefer this idea because they think July will be way too crowded. The only snag we run into is make up snow days. We already have 2 to make up due to Sandy blowing through last month. Now mother nature needs to be kind in Jan & Feb....no snow! If there are any additinal days beyond 6/14 the kids won't be in class and I won't be driving the school bus! I better tell my boss now! :thumbsup2

Still no word from Michelle. I posted something on her facebook today, so hopefully she'll get back to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter