A Private, Romantic 30th Anniversary Trip- Just Ask My Friends! Last Afternoon: EP p. 37 9/19

Yikes.

My worst in flight experience was an aborted landing at Newark when we came back from New Orleans a few years ago. We were only feet from touch down and pulled up hard and had to circle around again for 15 minutes. Lots of very shocked folks on board.

That does not sound fun!

:scared1:

Walking RIGHT Down the Middle of Main Street USA!

After arriving at the Yacht Club and being greeted by name, we were brought up to the 5th floor by Nick. The lounge was closed for restocking. We were offered a glass of water or a soft drink, but not the welcome cocktail that is sometimes available. It was around 11 am, BUT it was 5 O'clock somewhere. (If we really wanted the drink and had asked, I'm sure they would have brought one to us)

This was actually the first time in our stays at the resort that my family’s room was not ready when we arrived. We received the text that our room, number 5152, was ready at 12:24, while we were at the MK. Although these pictures were taken later that afternoon, I’ll post the link to the pictures of our room here.

Room 5152

Amy checked us in. We had a number of $50 gift cards, so she ran those through and then our credit card to pay our balance.

I asked if there was a place on the 5th floor to store our carry-on bag but was told we needed to check it into bell services downstairs.

After doing that, we headed out to the bus stop. I don’t think that we waited long for a bus to the MK. I timed the ride- from boarding at 11:03, to a stop at the Beach Club and loading of a scooter, we arrived at the MK 24 minutes later.

WP_20161016_025.jpg

Is there any greater feeling than being here on the first day of your trip?

IMG_7878%202.jpg

This was the first time I have seen the parks decorated for fall and I loved seeing all the Halloween touches.

WP_20161016_031.jpg

As is our tradition, we started singing “Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA”

But we were on the sidewalk. I told Mark we needed to be RIGHT down the middle, so we went into the street.

I knew this would be a magical trip when the next words out of Mark’s mouth were “Do you want to stop for a picture?”

When I am with my family, normally I have to beg to stop and I have to choose my “battles” wisely so I don’t burnout their goodwill.

This was a very promising development!

MK_MSFIRSTA_20161016_7832051603.jpeg

MK_MSFIRSTA_20161016_7832051607.jpeg

It was a little after noon and we hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast before our flight, so we decided to stop for a small snack. I suggested something we had never tried before, but has been highly recommended by friends:

WP_20161016_026.jpg

WP_20161016_027.jpg

WP_20161016_028.jpg

Corndog nuggets from Caseys!

You will notice that we went a tiny bit healthy and got the apples instead of the French fries. Mark immediately regretted that once he saw the FFs- they were thin and looked incredible. But we didn’t want to load up, so we let it go. For now.

The nuggets were good, but didn't blow us away. Not a must do for us.

The castle stage show was just beginning, or ending as we finished up so we saw flashes of fireworks.

WP_20161016_029.jpg

WP_20161016_030.jpg

Having satisfied our hunger, at least for the moment, it was time to check out some rides.

We had Fast Passes for later that afternoon in EPCOT so we would have to use the standby lines while at the MK. Since our next visit there would be a pre-park opening breakfast at Be Our Guest on Tuesday morning starting off in Fantasyland/New Fantastyland, we headed to other areas of the park today.

We checked out the wait time for Jungle Cruise, but it was 40 minutes, so we kept moving on.

Pirates was next up. The wait time was listed as 20 minutes, so we jumped on board.

I didn’t take any photos on the ride. I only had my DSLR which makes noise when I press the shutter and my phone, which lights up when I take a picture.

We passed by Splash (line too long) and Big Thunder Mountain (closed sadly) as we headed to Liberty Square.

I wanted to check on something while we were there.

A meal I finally had the chance to try during my visit with Teena in January was the seafood mac & cheese at Columbia Harbor House.

This:

WP_20160108_042.jpg

It was only available at dinner time then, and now was not listed on the online menus I had seen recently. We went to the restaurant to see if and when the dish was available for future reference.

I looked at the posted board and didn’t see it, so I asked the costumed hostess at the door.

“Do you have the Seafood Mac & Cheese on the dinner menu?”

“You can get it now, but it is just shrimp”

“OK, just checking for later”

We continued on to Haunted Mansion. I can’t remember what the wait time was, but when we got into the line it had started to sprinkle out. Then, once we were under cover, it started pouring!

IMG_7868.jpg

We made our way through the line but we didn’t stop for any of the interactive things. Quite a few of them were roped off, actually

IMG_7869.jpg

When the ride was finished and we were walking out, it was still raining lightly. The ground was soaked. But once we got out into the open, the rain stopped.

And spoiler alert: that was the only rain we saw all week.

IMG_7870.jpg

We thought it would be a good time to check out a ride we don’t do often and Mark has not been on for seven or eight years. We regret not trying the version in Disneyland since we hear that one is much better and has a few Disney touches.

IMG_7872.jpg

IMG_7873.jpg

IMG_7874.jpg

IMG_7875.jpg

One of the things I like about this ride is that it is bright and I feel comfortable taking pictures there.

So I snapped this picture.

IMG_7876.jpg

And got “the look”. Mark glanced over at me and shook his head.

So I set down my camera.

As we were floating around listening to that catchy tune we all know and love, I heard another noise.

It sounded like a ring tone.

It sounded like it was coming from Mark’s pocket.

I whispered to him “Is that your phone?”

He answered “No, that’s part of the song”

Um. OK. I have been on the ride a couple of times recently and I don’t remember hearing that.

The noise would come and go.

When we got off the ride and were walking towards the exit, I heard the noise again.

Turns out it was an alert on Mark’s phone telling him we had a Fast Pass coming up.

I thought it was a bit funny that I was admonished yet someone else’s phone was going off. He says he doesn’t remember sending a message to me about not taking pictures.

But we didn’t have any time to debate who may or may not have been disruptive during the ride- we had Fast Passes in another park to get to!

Next Up: Excellent Epcot and Soarin’ with friends

Last edited:
Ha! I was at WDW on the 16th and I don't remember that it was raining! I was busy getting my room ready and shopping at Walmart (SR 535) 3250 Vineland rd, Kissimee FL. 34746 Ph# 1-407-397-1125. It's $9.42 one way from Plop Century using UBER. UBER is highly recommended, In fact I can remember a trip, taken with friends, where we cruised all over WDW in high Uber style by using all the free rides we got from making each other sign up. As I remember... back when they were running the promotion, the new person got a free ride and the person getting the newbie to sign up also got a free ride.

Those were the days! Of course there are reports that there is the occasional clueless driver, but I was never in the Uber clown car so I can't confirm those reports. I did receive some suspicious texts... something about how the occupants of the crazy Uber Clown car were going TO DIE!!!!!!! but I deleted them as spam. Oh well...

So to recap: you download the Uber APP on your phone and add a credit card that you want the charges to go on. Then when you call for an UBER car it is VERY HELPFUL if you TEXT your driver (Click on their picture and a contact the driver box will appear) and tell them exactly where you are waiting for them and what you are wearing. (For example I texted that I was standing by the giant Rubics cube in the Plop Century parking lot (3rd driveway after guard shack) and I was wearing a blue GUTTER GIRL bowling shirt). It just makes it easier for the drivers.

The worst case scenario is you try to get an UBER driver to pick you up at EPCOT at park closing after Illuminations. ---> Go to a resort < --- to get an UBER and avoid the front of the parks at all costs! ESPECIALLY at closing time. It will be impossible to find your Uber car (and vice versa) at park closing if you are at the exit with all the other people trying to leave.

Thus endeth my Uber information spasm...

So I got to PLOP Century on Sunday the 16th of Oct. I had to do online check in IN THE LOBBY as I did not get a text at 9:45am telling me my room was ready. (Note: isn't ON LINE check in IN THE LOBBY an oxymoron, or some other kind of moron??) My requests were CLOSEST room to the bus stops and boy did the room assigners deliver for me! I was just going to sleep in the stairwell that was nearest to the buses at Plop Century if the room assigners put me in East Jabip but I was right on the corner next to my Rubic's Cube.

I dropped my carry on in the room and Ubered it over to Walmart. I got back and unpacked my Walmart load on the curb. It was close enough that I could leave things and run back and forth but right then a Bell services CM strolled by with an empty luggage cart.... PERFECT TIMING!. We got the stuff in the room and I distributed it in the fridge, etc.

The fridge in my room was going through menopause and it couldn't decide if it was hot or cold. I had purchased (for $15!) a non wheeled large plastic cooler so I just filled it with a ton of ice and kept the liquids in that. It's a good thing that Ninja Mom is a beefy girl because she had to fill that cooler with ice and hoof it back to the room a number of times during her trip.

Occasionally (I was at Plop Century for 2 weeks) I had to deal with a frozen block of lunch meat that I referred to as "The Meatscicle". Fortunately it was nothing that a little time and a room iron set on high couldn't handle. So everything is put away at this point, even my clothes after a visit from the "Checked luggage fairy". I head off to Epcot for a Frozen fast pass and to meet Janet and Nannette for dinner at the Biergarten.

Now dinner at the Biergarten involves Ninja Mom and Dancing... and since I was going with Nannette and Janet both of them were told that they would have to Chicken dance their way down to the dance floor with me. This mandate was met with outright refusals and references to hell freezing over. I figured after a couple of those 1 liter steins of beer (or a 1 liter stein of wine if you are Nannette) I could lure them onto the dance floor while they were 3 sheets to the wind.

Sadly their guard was up and I was left with out a Polka partner... UNTIL a little girl sitting at our table expressed an interest in the band!!! COULD IT BE!!! A Kindergarten child was going to save Ninja Mom's night and hit the dance floor with me??? Yes! Yes, and so the night was saved.

I left the Biergarten with a zip lock bag filled with Pretzel bread and a smile on my face, knowing that I had converted yet another unsuspecting victim into a polka fiend. You have to get them while they are young... so lesson learned!

After dinner I met up with Missy and Franklin and we watched the fireworks from the China Pavilion. It was a fun evening to say the least. At park closing I dragged my tired dancing feet over to the Boardwalk hotel to catch an Uber back to Plop Century. It's a dollar cheaper if go to the hotel that is closer to Plop. The Beach Club is on the opposite side so the Boardwalk is better.

When I got back to my room I checked on the fridge. It was warm so I moved the items around. The foods most likely to develop botulism were closest to the "Freezer-ier" part of the fridge. Then it was snooza palooza time. Monday I would have to have to have dinner with the author of this trip report, of which I seem to have co-opted. "JanNannatte" (Janet and Nannette) would be there as well. I won't reveal this mystery dinner location but I will say sadly that there was no dancing there.

~NM

They were there for the arrival of a plane carrying members of the military- the name of the group that greets flights escapes me.

I love those guys. Alex said there was a group in Maine that was extraordinary, and he said they really do lift people's spirits up.

“What do you want in your coffee?”

Haha, that sounds about right. Most people nowadays don't drink coffee without cream and/or sugar. Whenever I'm ordering coffee with my older brother, he gets that same question because he only drinks it black.

we arrived at the MK 24 minutes later.

That's not too bad! And the fact that you don't have to go through the TTC and onto a ferry/monorail really makes that bus ride worth it.

Loved your room photos. Your view looked very peaceful. The Boardwalk at night directly across from your balcony looked quite pretty.

Mark has not been on for seven or eight years. We regret not trying the version in Disneyland since we hear that one is much better and has a few Disney touches.

I'm shocked! No Dumbo for him and no DL Small World...that wouldn't have flown if Landon were with ya'll. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the review of the corndog nuggets. Those are one of things I always want to try but never do.....all I want is a taste! I'm sure that a couple wouldn't mind if I asked for one? Or I could disguise myself as a seagull! The other thing I want to try but never have is the frozen chocolate covered banana....I'll just have to "Let it Go".

Quite the queue for It's a Small World too!

With regards to the "Look", apparently I have that too, complete with the rolling eyes! o_O

Last edited:
Loved this update. Made me feel I was there at MK! :)

My October trip was all about limiting the planning and just going with the flow and our first day the flow led us to Epcot. It was my first time that I did not go to MK on the first day. It took us forever to get to the MK, but I was okay with that that since we would have so much time there at the MNSSHP.

I loved the one trip Steve and I took by ourselves. I always laugh when people ask why adults want to go to Disney. I think I enjoy it as much (okay I'll admit it - more) than when we have gone with a child. Steve and I had a blast, and so did Nannette and I. I may never go to Disney with a child again! :-)

Word of warning for those who go to the Biergarten with NinjaMom - state your non-dancing intentions before you arrive and stick to your convictions. Eventually she'll get distracted and find a different dance partner.

If my DH/ boys ask me if I want to stop for a picture, Tears would come to my eyes.
You know I feel your pain. Lol
Glad you had such little rain.

Off topic- at Disney now. Went to F& W yesterday. It was like Christmas!!
Line of cars to get in (like I've never seen it before) Line to get to entrance past ticket booths. OMG!! It was crazy
My favorite booths were many of the ones we've been to. Poland- liked the added golumbki ( this food brings back memories for both DH and I.) My neighbors growing up were polish and used to make golumbkis all the time.
And my DH's grandmother is as well and made all that food too.
Other favorites are lamb meatball, lamb chop ( I really like lamb), Belgium waffle, and schinkennudeln ( cheese pasta)
New ones I liked- hummus fries and BBQ beef
We are attempting going back today to try some new ones. Wish me luck.
Then MK tonight. Yay!

We thought it would be a good time to check out a ride we don’t do often and Mark has not been on for seven or eight years. We regret not trying the version in Disneyland since we hear that one is much better and has a few Disney touches.
I can see where this trip report is going, with lots of things you were able to do with Mark that you could never, or seldom, do when the boys were along. I remember how much we enjoyed our first "adults only" trip. Except for the corn dogs, it sounds like a great first day. :)

You were very lucky to only get rain that one time. I wish we could have joined you but I couldn't get away from work during that time in October. :sad1:

Sadly their guard was up and I was left with out a Polka partner... UNTIL a little girl sitting at our table expressed an interest in the band!!! COULD IT BE!!! A Kindergarten child was going to save Ninja Mom's night and hit the dance floor with me??? Yes! Yes, and so the night was saved.
I bet her parents were relieved that you were willing to dance with her.

It's a dollar cheaper if go to the hotel that is closer to Plop. The Beach Club is on the opposite side so the Boardwalk is better.
That is a very good tip. We spend a lot of time in Epcot and the resort area even when we aren't staying there. So a cheap taxi ride is really important.

Steve and I had a blast, and so did Nannette and I. I may never go to Disney with a child again! :-)
It is a lot of fun to go to Disney without kids. It's too bad the guilt sets in and you just have to bring them once in awhile. :)

Sounds like the perfect start to your trip. I would love some alone/adult only time in WDW but it's a long way off ( if ever). Love the Main Street photo of you both :)

Ninjmom thanks for the laughs and life lessons as always. I'm not much of a polka dancer but if we ever make it to Raglan Road together, while the diddley dee music is playing, I'll give you a run for your money on the dance floor :shamrock::charac2::dancer: Reels, jigs, 7s & 3s, Waves of Tory and Fairy Reels- we'll put on a show the like of which has never been seen before ( at least on your side of the pond). Something similar may be found in many a pub here any night from Saturday thru til Friday :dancer::drinking1:dance3::thumbsup2

Last edited:
Great main street photos!

Casey's is always a nice stop. Decent food nothing special but its part of Main Street.

Looks like a great day at MK. Can't wait to hear about Epcot.

What a great first day at MK thanks for taking us along. I love the picture of you and Mark on Main Street. Looking forward to Epcot and Soarin'. DD and I are headed to Epcot on our first day next Sunday can't wait to ride the new Soarin"

I've fallen a bit behind. For some odd reason, I'm not getting the alerts on this thread.

Always good to arrive safely and on time. You're such a dedicated trip reporter with your times down to the minute!

Magic Kingdom is a great way to start a trip, but most looking forward to your Food & Wine fun!

Ha! I was at WDW on the 16th and I don't remember that it was raining! I was busy getting my room ready and shopping at Walmart (SR 535) 3250 Vineland rd, Kissimee FL. 34746 Ph# 1-407-397-1125. It's $9.42 one way from Plop Century using UBER. UBER is highly recommended, In fact I can remember a trip, taken with friends, where we cruised all over WDW in high Uber style by using all the free rides we got from making each other sign up. As I remember... back when they were running the promotion, the new person got a free ride and the person getting the newbie to sign up also got a free ride.

Those were the days! Of course there are reports that there is the occasional clueless driver, but I was never in the Uber clown car so I can't confirm those reports. I did receive some suspicious texts... something about how the occupants of the crazy Uber Clown car were going TO DIE!!!!!!! but I deleted them as spam. Oh well...

So to recap: you download the Uber APP on your phone and add a credit card that you want the charges to go on. Then when you call for an UBER car it is VERY HELPFUL if you TEXT your driver (Click on their picture and a contact the driver box will appear) and tell them exactly where you are waiting for them and what you are wearing. (For example I texted that I was standing by the giant Rubics cube in the Plop Century parking lot (3rd driveway after guard shack) and I was wearing a blue GUTTER GIRL bowling shirt). It just makes it easier for the drivers.

The worst case scenario is you try to get an UBER driver to pick you up at EPCOT at park closing after Illuminations. ---> Go to a resort < --- to get an UBER and avoid the front of the parks at all costs! ESPECIALLY at closing time. It will be impossible to find your Uber car (and vice versa) at park closing if you are at the exit with all the other people trying to leave.

Thus endeth my Uber information spasm...

So I got to PLOP Century on Sunday the 16th of Oct. I had to do online check in IN THE LOBBY as I did not get a text at 9:45am telling me my room was ready. (Note: isn't ON LINE check in IN THE LOBBY an oxymoron, or some other kind of moron??) My requests were CLOSEST room to the bus stops and boy did the room assigners deliver for me! I was just going to sleep in the stairwell that was nearest to the buses at Plop Century if the room assigners put me in East Jabip but I was right on the corner next to my Rubic's Cube.

I dropped my carry on in the room and Ubered it over to Walmart. I got back and unpacked my Walmart load on the curb. It was close enough that I could leave things and run back and forth but right then a Bell services CM strolled by with an empty luggage cart.... PERFECT TIMING!. We got the stuff in the room and I distributed it in the fridge, etc.

The fridge in my room was going through menopause and it couldn't decide if it was hot or cold. I had purchased (for $15!) a non wheeled large plastic cooler so I just filled it with a ton of ice and kept the liquids in that. It's a good thing that Ninja Mom is a beefy girl because she had to fill that cooler with ice and hoof it back to the room a number of times during her trip.

Occasionally (I was at Plop Century for 2 weeks) I had to deal with a frozen block of lunch meat that I referred to as "The Meatscicle". Fortunately it was nothing that a little time and a room iron set on high couldn't handle. So everything is put away at this point, even my clothes after a visit from the "Checked luggage fairy". I head off to Epcot for a Frozen fast pass and to meet Janet and Nannette for dinner at the Biergarten.

Now dinner at the Biergarten involves Ninja Mom and Dancing... and since I was going with Nannette and Janet both of them were told that they would have to Chicken dance their way down to the dance floor with me. This mandate was met with outright refusals and references to hell freezing over. I figured after a couple of those 1 liter steins of beer (or a 1 liter stein of wine if you are Nannette) I could lure them onto the dance floor while they were 3 sheets to the wind.

I left the Biergarten with a zip lock bag filled with Pretzel bread and a smile on my face, knowing that I had converted yet another unsuspecting victim into a polka fiend. You have to get them while they are young... so lesson learned!

After dinner I met up with Missy and Franklin and we watched the fireworks from the China Pavilion. It was a fun evening to say the least. At park closing I dragged my tired dancing feet over to the Boardwalk hotel to catch an Uber back to Plop Century. It's a dollar cheaper if go to the hotel that is closer to Plop. The Beach Club is on the opposite side so the Boardwalk is better.

When I got back to my room I checked on the fridge. It was warm so I moved the items around. The foods most likely to develop botulism were closest to the "Freezer-ier" part of the fridge. Then it was snooza palooza time. Monday I would have to have to have dinner with the author of this trip report, of which I seem to have co-opted. "JanNannatte" (Janet and Nannette) would be there as well. I won't reveal this mystery dinner location but I will say sadly that there was no dancing there.

~NM

Thanks so much for reporting on your arrival on Sunday and especially for the helpful UBER info.

I can just picture the dance routine at Biergarten (and will spend the rest of my day trying to get it out of my head)

:dancer:

Missed ya by this much () during Illuminations! Mark agreed to join your group over in Italy, but then when we heard you pulled up stakes and moved to China, we were too tired to backtrack.

:faint:

I love those guys. Alex said there was a group in Maine that was extraordinary, and he said they really do lift people's spirits up.

Haha, that sounds about right. Most people nowadays don't drink coffee without cream and/or sugar. Whenever I'm ordering coffee with my older brother, he gets that same question because he only drinks it black.

That's not too bad! And the fact that you don't have to go through the TTC and onto a ferry/monorail really makes that bus ride worth it.

Loved your room photos. Your view looked very peaceful. The Boardwalk at night directly across from your balcony looked quite pretty.

I'm shocked! No Dumbo for him and no DL Small World...that wouldn't have flown if Landon were with ya'll. :rotfl2:

There is a group in Maine (Bangor): Maine Troop Greeters and I think the NH group is called Pease Greeters based out of Pease Air force base in Portsmouth. Sound like a great group of dedicated people and it is great to hear that the service people appreciate it so much.

Mark and I can't drink hot coffee with anything in it, but we do add cream/milk and sweetener to iced coffee. My dad drinks his coffee black, always has. Whenever we would have dinner at my grandparents- his inlaws- they would ask him "You don't take anything in your coffee?" Every.single.time!

We liked our room, although I didn't spend nearly as much time out on the balcony as I would have liked.

I know!!! Bad Disney fans! Sorry, Landon! We were too scared to take the boys on Dumbo on their first trip (age 6 and 3) based on the horror reports of "Dumbo or Die"- long wait lines for the single Dumbo ride at the time.

Then, we didn't take them again until they were age 10 and 7 and they were over it!

We have done Small World at WDW once or twice with them. We're not heathens!

:goodvibes

Thanks for the review of the corndog nuggets. Those are one of things I always want to try but never do.....all I want is a taste! I'm sure that a couple wouldn't mind if I asked for one? Or I could disguise myself as a seagull! The other thing I want to try but never have is the frozen chocolate covered banana....I'll just have to "Let it Go".

Quite the queue for It's a Small World too!

With regards to the "Look", apparently I have that too, complete with the rolling eyes! o_O

That's about all I wanted, too. Just a taste. I'm not wild about corn dogs in the wild, so I'm not surprised I was not blown away.

I would have gladly shared with you!

I think I have tried the frozen banana once. It was ok. Does not hold a candle to a Mickey Bar, but then again, so few things do.

:mickeybar

Definitely not. I used to hate take offs. Now I hold my breath on the landings

Oh my gosh, I can only imagine!

:faint:

Loved this update. Made me feel I was there at MK! :)

My October trip was all about limiting the planning and just going with the flow and our first day the flow led us to Epcot. It was my first time that I did not go to MK on the first day. It took us forever to get to the MK, but I was okay with that that since we would have so much time there at the MNSSHP.

I loved the one trip Steve and I took by ourselves. I always laugh when people ask why adults want to go to Disney. I think I enjoy it as much (okay I'll admit it - more) than when we have gone with a child. Steve and I had a blast, and so did Nannette and I. I may never go to Disney with a child again! :-)

Word of warning for those who go to the Biergarten with NinjaMom - state your non-dancing intentions before you arrive and stick to your convictions. Eventually she'll get distracted and find a different dance partner.

Just wait 'til the next update. You will REALLY feel like you were there.

We couldn't shake the MK first tradition on this trip, but we also made it to EPCOT, so that was good.

Warning about Biergarten and ~NM noted!!!

::yes::

If my DH/ boys ask me if I want to stop for a picture, Tears would come to my eyes.
You know I feel your pain. Lol
Glad you had such little rain.

Off topic- at Disney now. Went to F& W yesterday. It was like Christmas!!
Line of cars to get in (like I've never seen it before) Line to get to entrance past ticket booths. OMG!! It was crazy
My favorite booths were many of the ones we've been to. Poland- liked the added golumbki ( this food brings back memories for both DH and I.) My neighbors growing up were polish and used to make golumbkis all the time.
And my DH's grandmother is as well and made all that food too.
Other favorites are lamb meatball, lamb chop ( I really like lamb), Belgium waffle, and schinkennudeln ( cheese pasta)
New ones I liked- hummus fries and BBQ beef
We are attempting going back today to try some new ones. Wish me luck.
Then MK tonight. Yay!

I know!!!

It was fantastic not to have to fight or beg to stop for photos. He even suggested and asked a couple of times if I wanted to stop.

Weather was AWESOME for the trip!

UGH on the crowds!!! Especially at EPCOT.

Hope you get to sample a few more things.

:thumbsup2

I can see where this trip report is going, with lots of things you were able to do with Mark that you could never, or seldom, do when the boys were along. I remember how much we enjoyed our first "adults only" trip. Except for the corn dogs, it sounds like a great first day. :)

You were very lucky to only get rain that one time. I wish we could have joined you but I couldn't get away from work during that time in October. :sad1:

Yes, that is totally the theme of our trip! It was great not having to compromise and to do what we wanted to do.

We packed in a lot of rides, but we weren't running from one to the next like we would with the boys. We actually had a few moments where we just. sat.

The corn dogs were fine. They quelled our hunger long enough to make it to our next snack.

:goodvibes

Sounds like the perfect start to your trip. I would love some alone/adult only time in WDW but it's a long way off ( if ever). Love the Main Street photo of you both :)

Our trip together was wonderful. It will come for you, too, and probably sooner than you expect.

*sigh*

I liked the Main Street photos, but it looks like the photos have some sort of weird black dots on the left side.

:confused3

Ninjmom thanks for the laughs and life lessons as always. I'm not much of a polka dancer but if we ever make it to Raglan Road together, while the diddley dee music is playing, I'll give you a run for your money on the dance floor :shamrock::charac2::dancer: Reels, jigs, 7s & 3s, Waves of Tory and Fairy Reels- we'll put on a show the like of which has never been seen before ( at least on your side of the pond). Something similar may be found in many a pub here any night from Saturday thru til Friday :dancer::drinking1:dance3::thumbsup2

This I would pay to see!!!

:rotfl2:

Great main street photos!

Casey's is always a nice stop. Decent food nothing special but its part of Main Street.

Looks like a great day at MK. Can't wait to hear about Epcot.

Thank you!

I love the nostalgic look of Casey's and the location. We stood at a table outside, looking at the castle through the trees.

It was a fantastic, low-key start to our trip at the MK.

::yes::

What a great first day at MK thanks for taking us along. I love the picture of you and Mark on Main Street. Looking forward to Epcot and Soarin'. DD and I are headed to Epcot on our first day next Sunday can't wait to ride the new Soarin"

We were so happy to be there, together, at the start of our trip. It was very low-key and I am now just realizing that I was able to get the entire MK visit in one installment. Unheard of for my family!

Spoiler alert- loved the new Soarin'!!!

:thumbsup2

I've fallen a bit behind. For some odd reason, I'm not getting the alerts on this thread.

Always good to arrive safely and on time. You're such a dedicated trip reporter with your times down to the minute!

Magic Kingdom is a great way to start a trip, but most looking forward to your Food & Wine fun!

Not too far behind, I'm just getting started.

I try my best to note the times for travel or ride wait-times. I usually start our pretty well, but unless I write it down right away, by the time I do my notes, I have forgotten the exact details.

:confused:

Our trip together was wonderful. It will come for you, too, and probably sooner than you expect.

*sigh*
One of he many benefits of having 3 children with almost a decade between each of them is that by the time the youngest is old enough not to come with us we will likely have grandchildren who will lol Still I hope to persuade my other half on the merits of food and wine festival one of these days :)

This I would pay to see!!!

:rotfl2:
Never mind watching Dee- you'd be shaking your shillelagh with the best of us:shamrock::dancer::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!