A Private, Romantic 30th Anniversary Trip- Just Ask My Friends! Last Afternoon: EP p. 37 9/19

The poor monorail service for the resorts on the monorail was one of things we didn't like about staying at the Grand Floridian. In fact I refused to take the monorail from MK back to the GF. I would only take the resort boat.

It is a good thing that your friends "forgave" you for being late. ;)

I am sad that I still haven't taken one of the MK resort boats

That was nice of him to give everyone the discount, even those who didn't have the AP.

I was very grateful, especially with the purchase of the cake!

That was really nice of you to order a cake for Nannette. That is exciting for her to have her first grandchild :)

Nannette is just glowing with happiness about her beautiful granddaughter Sloan!

Why am I not surprised to find out that you had tape? You think of everything. ::yes::

I try!

Those mittens are adorable, Janet does nice work. ::yes::

She really does!!!

::yes::

Top of the World

After finishing up our dinner at Kona, we packed up our stuff (leftover cake, Nannette’s gifts, ~Ninja’s camera equipment, my tape/scissors/wrapping paper) and we got onto the monorail to take us to the Contemporary.

We had a few minutes before we needed to head up to the Top of the World lounge, so we spent a little bit of time in the gift shop. Then we made our way over to Bay Lake Towers and took the elevator up to Top of the World Lounge.

Nannette had taken us up there in August 2015. We were so thankful for the return visit on this trip.

Mark and Janet had not been up there before, so it was an extra special treat for them.

The view up there is incredible!

I took shots with all 3 of my cameras.

Canon DSLR

Fuji XP Point & Shoot

Lumix Phone Camera

Soon, we heard the peppy music from the Electrical Water Parade

And then it was time for the Main Event!

~Ninja had gone off to the other side of the lounge to set up her tripod and photograph the show. She texted us to come and join her, but Nannette, Janet, Mark and I decided to stay at the rail where we were.

I have a couple of pictures during Wishes, but I tried not to spend the whole time taking photos.

Canon DSLR

Camera Phone

When the show was over and the smoke was clearing we joined up with ~Ninja. And got a happy surprise!

Our friends Missy and Franklin had come up to the lounge to watch (and photograph) the show.

Mark and I had missed out on seeing them the night before during Illuminations. I was thrilled to see them and spend a little time together.

Of course, if there is no photo, it didn’t happen!

Girls Only…

It had been a magical fun-filled day for us:

Morning at Animal Kingdom with a couple of rides on Everest, a fantastic safari, enjoying the trails and Flights of Wonder

Super lunch at Yak & Yeti

Toy Story Mania and Great Movie Ride (Cowboy Edition!) at Hollywood Studios

Pool break at Stormalong Bay

Excellent dinner with friends at Kona Café, with a special surprise for grandma-to-be Nannette

Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge with friends, and spending some time with Missy and Franklin

Step Count for the day: 21,000

This would have been a perfect ending, but we had a temporary scare when we got back to the room around 11:30

Ben had texted me at 10:30 saying he was going to bed. As I was getting ready to fall asleep, I looked at my emails. We have security cameras at the front door and back door of the house that email us instantly when someone is seen. There was an email at 10:45 notifying me that someone was detected at the front door. I woke Mark up so that he could check the website to see the video of what was going on, as I was calling home to see if I could reach Ben. The phone kept ringing and nobody picked up.

:scared:

Mark called me over to show me the video taken by the camera. The front door opened and Ben was spotted going outside (with headphones on) to put the trash out to the curb since garbage day was the next morning.

PHEW!

My heart was racing and it took us both a long while to fall asleep.

Which was not great, because we needed to be well-rested for the following day- our first ever Pre-Park Opening Breakfast and our first Halloween Party that night!

Next up: Be Our Guest

Last edited:
I'm jealous that you got to see Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge ... that's something I'd really love to do one day. The pictures you took with all three cameras look great!
It's awesome that Missy and Franklin were there - it's always nice to unexpectedly run into friends!

Definitely sounds like you had a magical day - that's a lot of good stuff all in one day. Probably would have been better without the pre-bed drama, but ... at least it was just Ben taking out the garbage and not an actual problem.

Wow that view is stunning and so are your pictures! One year we stayed at the CR Tower Club and our room was on the end closest to the MK. Your pictures bring back wonderful memories.
I love the picture of the girls :goodvibes
Perfect ending to a wonderful day and I'm sorry for your scare but thankful everything turned out to be ok.

I'm jealous that you got to see Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge ... that's something I'd really love to do one day. The pictures you took with all three cameras look great!
It's awesome that Missy and Franklin were there - it's always nice to unexpectedly run into friends!

Definitely sounds like you had a magical day - that's a lot of good stuff all in one day. Probably would have been better without the pre-bed drama, but ... at least it was just Ben taking out the garbage and not an actual problem.

We were so lucky we got to go up to the lounge. You get a similar view when you dine at California Grill, but we have never done that.

I like experimenting with the cameras to see what works best in different situations. Or in case one of them is not working correctly. So far, so good on the Fuji.

Seeing Missy and Franklin was definitely a nice bonus to the evening. Wish we had more time with them, but it had really been a full, active day for us and we needed to (try) to get some sleep.

I appreciated Ben being responsible taking out the garbage, but I questioned his judgement going out so late and wearing headphones while he did it.

:faint:

Wow that view is stunning and so are your pictures! One year we stayed at the CR Tower Club and our room was on the end closest to the MK. Your pictures bring back wonderful memories.
I love the picture of the girls :goodvibes
Perfect ending to a wonderful day and I'm sorry for your scare but thankful everything turned out to be ok.

Thank you!

It really is such an awesome view. I love the pictures I have seen from some of the rooms at the Contemporary and now from Bay Lake Tower overlooking the Magic Kingdom.

I am so thankful for the group of friends I have through a shared love of Disney.

It was a fantastic day, even with the end of the evening drama. Fortunately, that was the only issue we had with Ben while we were away.

What an incredible view of Wishes! I can only imagine what seeing the fireworks from that perspective was like. Definitely a great way to end an eventful Disney day.

Oh man, I bet it took a long while for your nerves to calm after that security scare. Of course it was your son remembering to take out the trash, that's what it typically is, but that still doesn't stop your heart and brain from going into overdrive. Hope Ben didn't give you any more scares the rest of your vacation! I'm glad it was nothing serious and that you were able to get it figured out before you went to sleep.

Great shots from Top of the World of MK and Wishes! Was it crowded up there for viewing? The Castle looks small from up there in comparison to Space Mountain!

It sounds like you had a wonderful evening. That was lucky to run into Missy and Franklin. He takes wonderful pictures.

We had dinner at the Wave in the Contemporary this past December and spent some time exploring the Contemporary. We roasted marshmallows at their fire pit and found out that they sell s'mores kits for $10. We also went out onto the observation deck to see the view of MK. It was gorgeous. You were lucky to be able to watch the fireworks from the lounge.

What an incredible view of Wishes! I can only imagine what seeing the fireworks from that perspective was like. Definitely a great way to end an eventful Disney day.

Oh man, I bet it took a long while for your nerves to calm after that security scare. Of course it was your son remembering to take out the trash, that's what it typically is, but that still doesn't stop your heart and brain from going into overdrive. Hope Ben didn't give you any more scares the rest of your vacation! I'm glad it was nothing serious and that you were able to get it figured out before you went to sleep.

It is such a great vantage point for Wishes, although it is a bit weird since the fireworks appear below you and are centered on Space Mountain instead of the castle.

I'm sure you can understand all of the thoughts and scenarios that were going through my head. When he didn't pick up the phone (probably was still wearing the headphones while sleeping, he does that), my fingers were ready to dial my next door neighbor, at midnight.

:scared:

Great shots from Top of the World of MK and Wishes! Was it crowded up there for viewing? The Castle looks small from up there in comparison to Space Mountain!

It is not crowded up there at all. Admittance is limited to DVC members who are staying on property and their (lucky) guests. There have been different rules of who has been allowed up their throughout the years. I think it was very restrictive at first, maybe only DVC members staying at BLT or one of the villas. But then the lounge was not being used much, so it was extended to DVC members staying anywhere on property. Although I am not positive. I think there may be even more restrictions on nights like the 3rd and 4th of July and New Years Eve.

Isn't it funny to see the different perspective!

It sounds like you had a wonderful evening. That was lucky to run into Missy and Franklin. He takes wonderful pictures.

We had dinner at the Wave in the Contemporary this past December and spent some time exploring the Contemporary. We roasted marshmallows at their fire pit and found out that they sell s'mores kits for $10. We also went out onto the observation deck to see the view of MK. It was gorgeous. You were lucky to be able to watch the fireworks from the lounge.

Between Franklin and ~Ninja, there was quite a concentration of photographic talent in a very small space.

I "stole" one of his pictures from that night that Missy posted on Facebook, but I haven't asked for permission to post it here.

I have mainly "passed through" the Contemporary. I have no desire to stay there because the theming does not appeal to me (well, maybe a room with a MK view) but Mark wouldn't mind staying there for the location. The ability to walk to a park is very attractive to him. Hence, our typical stays at Yacht & Beach.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
What an awesome day! That view is incredible. I have never been on top of BLT or the Contemporary to see what its like but your pictures are awesome.

Glad the scare wasn't anything bad. I have cameras too but mainly use them for my Christmas lights to make sure no one steals or vandalizes anything.

Hi, I'm late to the party but I'm joining in and loving all the updates! DH and I LOVE MHT to fly out of, even tho BOS is close for us! We're staying at the Beach Club in May, and now I wanted to upgrade to Club Level after your posts!

Nannette had taken us up there in August 2015. We were so thankful for the return visit on this trip.

Mark and Janet had not been up there before, so it was an extra special treat for them.
Awesome! Great way to end the night and I'm glad you were able to go back.

It had been a magical fun-filled day for us:
::yes:: You had a great day. I mean, you might not have entered MK, but with watching Wishes you kind of visited 3 out of the 4 parks.

Mark called me over to show me the video taken by the camera. The front door opened and Ben was spotted going outside (with headphones on) to put the trash out to the curb since garbage day was the next morning.
I'm glad your scare was just Ben being responsible!

What an absolutely amazing day!
Love how you managed to do so much and yet still make it seem so relaxed :goodvibes
Transport and garbage issues aside, it seems you managed a perfect combination of park/pool time and alone time mixed with meeting some great friends. Glad Missy and Franklin made it to the party :banana:
Food and fireworks look equally awesome. I've never been to Kona but I might have to change that the next time we visit :)
Janet I'm in awe of your knitting skills :worship:

Excited to see your update! How fantastic to meet up with everyone. :) I'm joining you guys on a solo trip one day.

Edited to say IF I'M INVITED. LOL

Soarin' With Friends

Following our traditional Disney start at the MK, we boarded the monorail for the trip to EPCOT.

IMG_7881.jpg

I love the views on this ride, especially the preview of EPCOT as you travel above the park.

IMG_7882.jpg

IMG_7883.jpg

IMG_7885%202.jpg

IMG_7886.jpg

Food & Wine

IMG_7887.jpg

IMG_7888.jpg

IMG_7890.jpg

The picture above is the backstage area of The Seas. I wouldn’t have realized that if I hadn’t participated in the marine biology program during the 8th grade class trip.

We had these Fast Passes booked for the afternoon:

1:35-2:35 Spaceship Earth

2:45-3:45 Living with the Land

3:55-4:55 Soarin’

We didn’t stop for photos on the way in, but we would have more opportunities later.

The standby for SE looked like it was 10-15 minutes, but we walked right on with our FP.

Our picture was taken at the beginning of the ride, but as reported, they were not included in the building your future ending of the ride.

:(

We were not sure what to do before it was time for our next FP, but since this was our first time at Food & Wine Festival, we decided to visit the Festival Center:

IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

Demonstration wrapping up?

I pointed out the Ghiardelli exhibition. I have seen pictures of the awesome chocolate sculptures so I wanted to check out the displays.

Mark asked “Will I get chocolate?”

When we got there, they were offering samples. Score!

The chocolate creations did not disappoint, but my photos did. There is a purple reflection from something in all of the pictures.

WP_20161016_033.jpg

IMG_7894%202.jpg

IMG_7894%203.jpg

WP_20161016_041.jpg

WP_20161016_032.jpg

WP_20161016_035.jpg

WP_20161016_040.jpg

WP_20161016_037.jpg

WP_20161016_038.jpg

Wow!!! The artwork is absolutely amazing. Almost too good to eat. Almost.

We grabbed a couple of F&W passports and then headed back to Future World.

We had a few minutes before our next FP window was opening, so I suggested something we hadn’t done with ages: The Seas with Nemo.

I thought of a friend as I took these pictures on the way to the ride:

WP_20161016_046.jpg

WP_20161016_047.jpg

"Just Keep Swimming!"

:fish:

There was no wait, so we sped through the queue. Which is a little bit of a shame, because I love the beachy theme of this line and some of the clever props.

The ride is colorful and fun, and I especially love the aquariums with the real fish. But we didn’t have time to stick around to explore. Maybe we would be back. Maybe not.

We continued on to The Land for our FP on LWtL.

I was so excited to be going on this attraction- for a variety of reasons, it had been several years since I have had the chance to ride. We almost did it with the 8th graders, but we went too late. After our dinner at Sunshine Seasons, our group went over at 8:30 pm (June) and it was closed down for the night

:(

I finally did the Behind the Seeds tour in January of this year. Loved it! Took a ton of pictures. So many, in fact, that I didn’t feel the need to take any this time on the ride.

You didn’t believe that for a second, did you???

“We’re living with the land. We’re living with the land. We’re living with the laaaaaannnd. Living with the land”- sing along (and clap your hands) if you know the tune.

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7897.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg

IMG_7899.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7902.jpg

It was great to ride again!!!

We had about half an hour before our next Fast Pass, which was conveniently located right there in The Land. Although we had dinner reservations at 6:30, we really hadn’t had much to eat that day- breakfast at the airport and the order of corn dog nuggets that we split at MK when we first arrived.

We decided to have a light snack at one of our go to counter service places- Sunshine Seasons.

Mark said “What about that salad you love?”

This time, I gave “the look”. The one that said “I know that you listen to me but sometimes you just don’t HEAR me”

Most of you probably know that I was devastated on the class trip when I discovered Sunshine Seasons discontinued offering the Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese salad with Candied Pecans and a honey vinaigrette.

It was my second favorite thing to eat in the World (for the record, the Macadamia Freakin’ Pineapple Pancakes from Kona Café take the top spot)

Heck, there is even a video of me ranting and eulogizing the salad during the Orange Banded Monkey trip.

“They don’t have it any more”

“Oh”

So we settled on this, Seared Tuna on Asian Noodles.

IMG_7904.jpg

Which was actually really good. It was light and the perfect portion for a before dinner snack.

But it is no Hall of Fame salad!

When we were done eating, it was time to do something I was really excited about.

No, it was not Soarin’

It was meeting two of my friends for Soarin’!

Nannette and Janet happened to have FP at the same time we did, so we met them for our first time on this new version of the attraction.

We met up with them and got into the FP line.

We talked.

We laughed.

We rode.

Following the sage advice of our ~Ninja friend, we sat in the place she suggested to minimize screen distortion.

Right, girls?

We all loved the new version of Soarin’

It was so great to see them both.

But if there is no picture, it didn’t happen…

WP_20161016_049.jpg

We parted ways for now, but we would be seeing them and a few others for dinner the following night at Kona.

Nannette and Janet had dinner reservations at Biergarten with ~Ninja. Missy and Franklin joined them at some point during the dinner. I believe accounts of that spectacle have already been documented here.

Mark and I headed back to the Yacht Club to settle into our room and get ready for our much-anticipated dinner.

Next Up: Do I FINALLY dine at Beaches & Cream? No Way, Jose! (Yes, Way)

So I'm way behind and catching up now, and love the quick meet-up at Soarin. And need to say before I forget . . . I have that Harvey's purse too!!! I love that purse and I've never seen anyone else ever carrying it!

Settling In, Yacht Club Regatta Lounge

After Soarin’ with friends, we returned to the Yacht Club. Although I have already posted pictures of our room in this report, this was our first time actually seeing the room. Our checked luggage had magically appeared in our room and we took a few minutes to unpack and get settled.

I plugged in my point and shoot camera to charge and hoped for the best.

We had dinner reservations at Beaches & Cream at 6:30, but that didn’t stop us from visiting the Regatta Club Lounge when it opened for appetizers at 5.

For research purposes, of course!

The couple of things we sampled were tasty.

Sunday October 16

IMG_7940%202.jpg

Beet and Goat Cheese with Spiced Pecans

Not quite my salad... :(

IMG_7941.jpg

Salmon Rosettes with Cucumber

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7943.jpg

Goat Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper Triangles

I posted an extensive set of pictures of the club lounge and the offerings throughout the day. If you are interested, click on the links. If not, go to the next post for the Beaches & Cream update.

Yacht Club Regatta Lounge

Breakfast

Light Snacks

Evening Appetizers, Beer & Wine

Desserts and Cordials

Next up: Do I FINALLY dine at Beaches & Cream? No Way, Jose! (Yes, Way)- posted on next post

Hmm . . . this is looking much better than what we had at BWI last month. Great info and photos, Dee! In the evening, BWI had a chef making very heavy dinner-type food. The table consumed a solid corner of the lounge and the food was much heavier than I would eat for appetizers. (But I love the CMs at BWI and they were so excited about it that I hate to say anything negative!) In any event, looks much more fresh and light at YC. Might reconsider CL for the future . . .

Celebrating the Gift(s) of Friendship at Kona

The timing of our anniversary trip was perfect in so many ways.

The probability of decent weather- our past trips have been in summer (Hot! Hot! Hot! And rainy :umbrella: ) or during winter break (BRRRR!!!! :cold:) We were looking forward to being comfortable in shorts and walking around without sweating up a storm.

Food & Wine

Fall Decorations and Halloween Party

But one of the best reasons for me was that many of my friends would be there at the same time!

Ninjamom, Nannette, Janet

Missy & Franklin

Rosa & Carlos

We decided that the best opportunity to get together would be dinner followed by going up to the Top of the World lounge to watch Wishes.

Tonight was the night!

When I made our dining reservations, one of them was Kona Café for 10 people. The two of us, the friends listed above, and our friend Lauren who lives in Florida and had met us at a couple of our past Beach Club DIS meets.

Our number kept ebbing and flowing.

Missy & Franklin were in originally, but then adjusted their plans when there were credible, but ultimately incorrect rumors that Rivers of Light might be previewing to Annual Passholders.

Rosa & Carlos were going to join us on the last night of their trip because the friends they were traveling with were going to be leaving earlier. Then they decided to stay, I think, so Rosa and Carlos were out.

Lauren was flying home from a college reunion in Pennsylvania that afternoon. We were hoping she would be able to make it to the Poly in time for our dinner.

It turns out Lauren was not the one we had to worry about getting there in time.

After our time at the pool and getting ready, we stopped by the club lounge when it opened at 5. I wanted to take some pictures of the appetizer options.

Our plan was to take the MK bus from the Yacht Club and then either take the resort boat or the monorail to the Poly.

We had never used the resort boat, so we decided to try that. We went out on the dock and there were a few people waiting for a boat. Perhaps one had just come. We waited. And waited. No boat in sight coming to pick us up. I started getting nervous and asked Mark if we should bail and use the monorail, which has never failed us.

He left it up to me to decide.

I chose poorly!

We walked to monorail and a line had formed on the ramp to the loading platform. I have never been in crowd that large for the monorail. But once we had made the decision, we didn’t want to go back.

We waited while at least 3 monorails loaded and left.

We were able to see the resort boat arrive at the dock while we were waiting.

At 4:27 Lauren had texted me that her plane had landed early and once she collected her luggage, she would have no problem getting to the Poly by 6:30.

It was now 6:10 and Lauren texted me to say she had arrived and was waiting in the Poly lobby. I replied to her

“Waiting to board resort monorail”

It was finally our turn to board a very crowded monorail. It was uncomfortable and as I recall, our fellow passengers were not pleasant. I can't remember exactly what they were doing that was annoying, but it was the worst experience we have ever had on the monorail, probably compounded with the fact I was so nervous about being late.

6:30 “At Contemporary now. See you soon”

When we got there, I believe Nannette, Janet and ~Ninja had all arrived and met up with Lauren.

I explained to the hostess that only 6 of our 10 diners were able to make it that night. That did not turn out to be a problem.

We were seated and our waiter Tayler took our orders and took our crap. OK, ~Ninja’s crap. (Just kidding)

We joked around but went pretty easy on him. He was great, by the way. He gave each of us separate checks and applied the 20% Annual Pass discount to all of them!

OK, can you shut up now and show some pictures of the food???

Why, yes, I can!

Mark and I split these two things:

WP_20161017_100.jpg

Tuna Poke - Traditional Hawaiian Poke Salad - $13.00

WP_20161017_095.jpg

Pan-seared Taal Chicken - with Roasted Root Vegetables and Coconut-Curry Sauce - $21.00

Lauren:

WP_20161017_098.jpg

Pan-Asian Noodles - Yakisoba Noodles, Wok-seared with Vegetables and your choice of Chicken or Tofu in a Ginger- Garlic Sauce - $19.00

WP_20161017_096.jpg

Sticky Wings - Glazed Chicken Wings with tangy Mustard Drizzle and Toasted Sesame Seeds - $10.00
~NinjaMom sold separately

Nannette:

WP_20161017_097.jpg

Grilled New York Strip - served with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables and Molasses-Bacon Butter - $34.00

Janet:

WP_20161017_099.jpg

Shrimp Tempura Roll - Tempura Shrimp and fresh Mango served with Liliko'i Sauce - $15.00

Of course, we needed the obligatory picture of us all together, or it didn’t happen! (Does that also mean the calories don’t count???)

WP_20161017_102.jpg

But we weren’t done with our meal yet! Dessert of course.

I had ordered a custom cake for

*SURPRISE*!!!

party:

A Nanu shower for Nannette, who was expecting her first grandchild, Sloan, in December.

We had brought a few small gifts (Rosa, who works for a toy company had given me a couple of things to give to Nannette)

I just looked up what I ordered from the Private Dining Cake Hotline-

Chocolate Cake
White Chocolate Mousse
Vanilla Buttercream

I asked them to write "Welcome Sloan, Congratulations Nanu" in Pink writing, but I guess they didn't exactly get the message. I didn't notice that until now!!!

The cake was super yummy, but there was WAY too much for just the 6 of us.

Fortunately, everyone was willing to take some with them, so Tayler brought us some boxes.

Unfortunately, the boxes didn’t close well and someone said “Too bad we don’t have any tape”

“I have tape!”

I had brought along some tape, scissors and wrapping paper along with some small gifts in case someone didn’t have one.

My friends were amused but not necessarily surprised that I had come prepared.

Nannette was not the only one who went home empty handed…

Our crafty and talented friend Janet gave me these mittens that she designed and knit.

I love them, and her thoughtful generosity!

It was starting to get late, so Lauren said her goodbyes and headed home. This would seem to be a good wrap up for the day, but we still had a spectacular night cap on tap.

Next Up: Top of the World

Ha - I love how Ninja gets into her food photo! Can't beat that kind of enthusiasm!!!!!

That was such a great evening. It was fun to meet Mark and get to know Lauren better. And I'm sure the waiter still has memories of getting to know Ninjamom.

The food at Kona was sooooo good. Your pictures bring back good memories. And that cake was delicious, both that night and the next day!

I was so happy that you pulled out the tape. It helped keep intact my impression of you always being prepared for any sticky or not sticky situation. (Okay that word play wasn't quite good enough, but it's been too long a day at work. I still felt the need to try and amuse you though.)

That cake was so freakin good! OMG THE BEST!!!

... And Dee is a little creepy with all the McGuyver stuff she has in her fanny pack. I'm not sure but I think I saw a car battery in there. That woman IS prepared!

... And the waiter that was traumatized by me, to the greatest extent, works at 50's Primetime Cafe. I'm sure his therapist is still hearing about the time a guest turned his 'take off your belt" disciplinary act into an S&M bondage scene. "OH DADDY YOU KNOW WHAT I LIKE!!!"

Ha - I love how Ninja gets into her food photo! Can't beat that kind of enthusiasm!!!!!

My favorite posing with the food photo is the one with the knife and the Mushroom Risotto filet at LeCellier:

steak killer.jpg

that's snuff food porn as in the steak died...

~NM

What an awesome day! That view is incredible. I have never been on top of BLT or the Contemporary to see what its like but your pictures are awesome.

Glad the scare wasn't anything bad. I have cameras too but mainly use them for my Christmas lights to make sure no one steals or vandalizes anything.

Thanks! It really was a fantastic day. I definitely recommend trying to get that vantage point. Even though the fireworks are a bit off-center, the view is absolutely gorgeous!

I think I have mentioned that my husband is an electrical and computer engineer. He LOVES electronic toys and my house is officially smarter than I am- video cameras, thermostats, smoke/carbon monoxide detectors all connected to his phone.

:magnify:

Hi, I'm late to the party but I'm joining in and loving all the updates! DH and I LOVE MHT to fly out of, even tho BOS is close for us! We're staying at the Beach Club in May, and now I wanted to upgrade to Club Level after your posts!

:welcome:

Thanks so much for joining in on my report!

Not late at all! This is just the end of the first full day. 3 1/2 action-filled days left!

MHT is such a low-stress airport. I keep trying to convince Mark that it makes more sense because I will drive there and the parking is reasonable, but we take a service when flying out of Logan. He really doesn't like the seating cattle-call of Southwest, but I'm willing to put up with it.

I have had club level and non-club stays at the Beach Club, loved all of them. The main thing for us is the breakfast that fuels us up and gets us out to the parks usually for the early extra morning hours. We don't always take park breaks, especially with the family, so we haven't taken advantage of the other snack times as much in the past as Mark and I did on this trip.

:dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter