A Private, Romantic 30th Anniversary Trip- Just Ask My Friends! Last Afternoon: EP p. 37 9/19

I'm with Mark on Beaches and Cream. I've never eaten there and doubt I ever will. I have nothing against it, just feel there are better options in the area. That's too bad your service was less than desirable.

Please tell you me that you do sample some of the deliciousness from the Food and Wine Festival. I'm kind of surprised that you were in Epcot and dined at Sunshine Seasons and Beaches and Cream with F&W going on. As a F&W regular, that's blasphemous in my book!

Ah, I am sorry your Beaches and Cream dinner wasn't great. I know what you mean about the food being MEH, though. I like the turkey sandwich and grilled cheese, but I honestly think the ice cream is the only thing worth getting when you're there. Alex and I stopped by for the No Way Jose once, and that was by far the best experience. I really do hope you can try the sundae, one day! In my opinion, it's worth the reservation. The best ice cream on property.

I have never eaten food at Beaches and Cream but have done ice cream and the big event of the Kitchen Sink. Thats too bad that it wasn't what you hoped. The place is not very big and always seems to have a wait. I would imagine thats why they didn't want to seat you right away. Even without eating there I think the dessert is what makes the place special. If you don't dine there again you could at the very least go to the walk up window of course.

We've only eaten there once. It was so long ago I'm not sure what we got.
I agree with a lot of others though, better places nearby- probably the reason we haven't been back.

So glad you had the beet salad!

Last edited:

Love B&C, hate that you need to make an adr now. Burger is definitely my favorite, our waitstaff is always great too. Maybe an off night for you? No way Jose is so good, vanilla ice cream only for us. Sorry your experience wasn't better, you need to go again, have the yummy lobster roll at the pool bar, then ice cream at B&C.

We never eat at Beaches and Cream. It doesn't really appeal to us that much. We've had ice cream from the take out window many times and that is good enough for us. There are just too many places to eat that have better food. ::yes::

Dee,any chance that the snacking before dinner might have tainted things a bit? I'm sorry you didn't finish with the desert. The No Way Jose is great but I think we're going for the Mickey's Pants this trip. I've always wanted the Kitchen Sink but never have had enough people to join me in eating it. I think DW and I (okay, maybe just me) can do a Mickey's Pants. Need that container to bring home for the grandkids to eat out of. I have always done the hamburger but was going fo the grilled cheese and soup on this trip.
Katesdad

It is quite possible that both our shared tuna noodle salad at 3:30 and our lounge snack at 5 pm impacted our enjoyment of the Beaches & Cream meal. We were not super-starving when we sat down. I drool over the No Way Jose every time I see a picture, but we were just too full. I think splitting a grilled cheese/tomato soup may have worked.

You will have to let me know how your meal is.

If I can offer any advice, pass on that Seafood Salad thing!

:eek:

Those CL dishes look delicious. Too bad about B&C. Sometimes no matter how hard we wish, an experience cannot be saved. We have a soft spot for B&C because on our first trip there we decided to go in just for burgers but no ice cream. The waitress seemed surprised that we weren't having dessert and then the manager came over and gave us a No Way Jose to share since they had someone training to learn how to make it. It was such a nice surprise, that we always walk by with a smile. That said, I still don't think of it as a meal place but rather a place to share a great dessert. We've been known to stop by for a banana split from the take out window on a couple of trips. (Yum!)

Love that story! What a great memory of Beaches & Cream.

:goodvibes

I'm with Mark on Beaches and Cream. I've never eaten there and doubt I ever will. I have nothing against it, just feel there are better options in the area. That's too bad your service was less than desirable.

Please tell you me that you do sample some of the deliciousness from the Food and Wine Festival. I'm kind of surprised that you were in Epcot and dined at Sunshine Seasons and Beaches and Cream with F&W going on. As a F&W regular, that's blasphemous in my book!

You know the worst thing about the whole experience? Mark was right and I was wrong. That hurt! He trusted me, he relied on me to be the Disney expert, and I failed.

Yes, we totally enjoyed some F&W samplings in the coming days. I was a little afraid to go that afternoon since I had read that the World Showcase can be somewhat of a nightmare on weekends, and this was a Sunday. Our time in EPCOT that afternoon was focused on rides. Since two of them were in The Land, and we love Sunshine Seasons, it made sense to grab something to eat there while we were in between Fast Passes.

::yes::

Ah, I am sorry your Beaches and Cream dinner wasn't great. I know what you mean about the food being MEH, though. I like the turkey sandwich and grilled cheese, but I honestly think the ice cream is the only thing worth getting when you're there. Alex and I stopped by for the No Way Jose once, and that was by far the best experience. I really do hope you can try the sundae, one day! In my opinion, it's worth the reservation. The best ice cream on property.

I'll have to see if I can lure Mark back there for sundae.

:rotfl2:

I have never eaten food at Beaches and Cream but have done ice cream and the big event of the Kitchen Sink. Thats too bad that it wasn't what you hoped. The place is not very big and always seems to have a wait. I would imagine thats why they didn't want to seat you right away. Even without eating there I think the dessert is what makes the place special. If you don't dine there again you could at the very least go to the walk up window of course.

I don't think you can get the specialty sundaes to go.

It's funny- Mark has a thing against Beaches & Cream. I am not a fan of Johnny Rockets (aka Johnny Ripoffs). I guess diner-style dining is not our favorite. However, Sci Fi Dine-In is still a must-do for our boys.

:cool2:

We've only eaten there once. It was so long ago I'm not sure what we got.
I agree with a lot of others though, better places nearby- probably the reason we haven't been back.

So glad you had the beet salad!

Lesson learned!

Yes, the beet salad was soooooooo good!!!

:thumbsup2

Love B&C, hate that you need to make an adr now. Burger is definitely my favorite, our waitstaff is always great too. Maybe an off night for you? No way Jose is so good, vanilla ice cream only for us. Sorry your experience wasn't better, you need to go again, have the yummy lobster roll at the pool bar, then ice cream at B&C.

Got it!

Lobster roll at pool. Ice cream at B&C. Check!

Great advice.

We never eat at Beaches and Cream. It doesn't really appeal to us that much. We've had ice cream from the take out window many times and that is good enough for us. There are just too many places to eat that have better food. ::yes::

So I am guessing my review will not get you there for a meal!

:lmao:

I don't think you can get the specialty sundaes to go.

It's funny- Mark has a thing against Beaches & Cream. I am not a fan of Johnny Rockets (aka Johnny Ripoffs). I guess diner-style dining is not our favorite. However, Sci Fi Dine-In is still a must-do for our boys.
You can! I did it in January. I got a No Way Jose to go. My Sisters and Mom split the small Kitchen sink in the Mickey collectable bowl.

We have never eaten at Beaches & Creame and we're looking forward to trying it last week but our plans changed. Now I'm rethinking our adr for our March trip.

You were right Dee DD and I loved the new Soarin and we got B1 perfect can't wait to ride it again!

I'm sorry your Beaches & Cream experience was a disappointment. Maybe it was an off night. Our food is always delicious and we've always had excellent servers. That's what's great about Disney; there are so many different options out there. You tried it and now you know...

We have never eaten at Beaches & Creame and we're looking forward to trying it last week but our plans changed. Now I'm rethinking our adr for our March trip.

You were right Dee DD and I loved the new Soarin and we got B1 perfect can't wait to ride it again!

I don't know if I should feel badly that I may have dissuaded you from the restaurant or if I feel good that I gave you a warning.

The new version of Soarin' was excellent. The original was great, too, but my family actually got a bit saturated after our trip to Disneyland. The attraction was our go-to when we had a few minutes to kill.

::yes::

I'm sorry your Beaches & Cream experience was a disappointment. Maybe it was an off night. Our food is always delicious and we've always had excellent servers. That's what's great about Disney; there are so many different options out there. You tried it and now you know...

I know- so many people love Beaches & Cream. It was probably a combination of circumstances for us- an off night, high expectations, poor choice of entrée and especially decision to skip dessert.

In any event, I would be hard-pressed to get Mark back there any time soon.

:sad1:

The Night Ends with a Near Miss and a Bang!

Although we had a disappointing dinner at Beaches & Cream, let’s end this day on a positive note. With a bang, perhaps?

We headed into EPCOT, through the International Gateway.

7:37:

After crossing the bridge into France, we saw a Photopass Photographer so we stopped for a picture

EPCOT_IGFRLOWBRIDGEICON_20161016_7832642098.jpeg

We were just wandering through the World Showcase, checking out the Food & Wine booths for future visits.

8 pm:

We arrived in Germany and there was another photographer there. We had never had our picture taken there, so we stopped for a picture.

EPCOT_WRLDSHW3_20161016_7832662297_1.jpeg

We didn’t get dessert while we were at Beaches and Cream, but we decided it was time for a sweet treat.

IMG_7969.jpg

We looked at the goodies in the counter and chose to split one of these:

IMG_7968.jpg

We continued on our stroll.

I think we made it all the way to Mexico and rode but I’m not positive.

Seriously, it was just 2 months ago. Sheesh!

We heard from our friend Missy about getting together to watch Illuminations. She and her DH Franklin had met up with my friends Nannette, Janet and ~Ninja for dinner at Biergarten and were just finishing up.

Missy, 8:17- We are going to watch Illuminations from the Chase viewing area in front of Italy. Want to join us?

Me, 8:27- Sure. We are in Norway.

Missy, 8:28- We are just finishing at Biergarten. Want to meet me in Italy?

Me, 8:30- Yes.

Missy, 8:34- So about that. Franklin doesn’t like the viewing area, so he wants to go find ~Ninja and shoot with her from China.

I talked to Mark, and since we were already in Italy and we were so tired from our long, busy travel day that we didn’t want to backtrack.

Me, 8:36- Mark wants to head closer to Yacht Club. We are wiped from travel day. Have fun.

Missy, 8:37- Okay, get some rest!

We found a place to stand by the stairs in Italy and although it was blocked by some poles, we decided to stay there.

IMG_7972.jpg

Remember that full moon from my pictures on the plane that morning? Here it is again!

IMG_7970%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_7971%202.jpg

Either I didn’t take many pictures from the beginning of the show, or I deleted them. I only have about 8 or 9 in the album from the show.

Here are the few that I feel are worth posting

WP_20161016_054.jpg

WP_20161016_055.jpg

WP_20161016_062.jpg

We made our way back to the International Gateway and then the Yacht Club in about 15 minutes.

Man, that is what we really love about staying at the EPCOT resorts.

I’m not exactly sure what time we arrived back, but it was before 10 pm, so we stopped in at the lounge and got a few more small desserts to take back to our room.

This was the only time during our trip that we made it to the lounge for evening dessert and cordial time.

This may be a repeat posting for some of you, but here are the offerings:

IMG_7973.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

IMG_7976.jpg

Key Lime Cake

IMG_7977.jpg

IMG_7978.jpg

IMG_7979.jpg

Panna Cotta with Raspberry Puree

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7981.jpg

Brownie

IMG_7982.jpg

It was a super day!

Arrival in Orlando.

Magic Kingdom: Casey's corndog nuggets, Pirates, Haunted, Small World

Monorail

EPCOT: Spaceship Earth, Food & Wine Festival Center, Living with the Land, Sunshine Seasons, Soarin’

Beaches & Cream

Back to EPCOT to stroll the World Showcase and watch Illuminations

Yacht Club: 2 trips to the lounge- evening appetizers and dessert

Step Count for the day: 22,340

Next Up: Tuesday October 17: Animal Kingdom, Part 1

Last edited:
The country's are so pretty at night and more great pics! That was a great day looking forward to Animal Kingdom.

Really nice pictures of the two of you! Did you notice in the first photo that the exposure makes it look like you have ghosts walking on the left side?!

That's quite the dessert spread! That would be dangerous for me as sweets are my weakness. I'd also have a hard time resisting the Kahlua!

The country's are so pretty at night and more great pics! That was a great day looking forward to Animal Kingdom.

I love the World Showcase at night, too! It really was romantic being there, just the two of us.

I was excited about spending a little time at Animal Kingdom the next day, after some rest.

Really nice pictures of the two of you! Did you notice in the first photo that the exposure makes it look like you have ghosts walking on the left side?!

That's quite the dessert spread! That would be dangerous for me as sweets are my weakness. I'd also have a hard time resisting the Kahlua!

Yes, I did notice the ghosts. I don't know enough about photography to say if it was an accidental exposure issue or if it was done by the photographer "on purpose"

One of the other photos in that series also had ghosts, but in that picture they are decapitated!

EPCOT_IGFRLOWBRIDGEICON_20161016_7832642101 - Copy.jpeg

But here, I cropped them out.

EPCOT_IGFRLOWBRIDGEICON_20161016_7832642101 - Copy - Crop.jpeg

There really were a lot of tempting sweets when we stopped at the lounge. We took a couple of plates of goodies. Some we ate that night and some we stowed in the fridge for another day.

We didn't get anything to drink, but if we had, Amaretto is our go-to cordial.

:drinking1

That was a really full first day!

The desserts at the German pavilion are some of the best. You can't go wrong with some caramel before IllumiNations. Sorry you had to miss the meet up with DIS friends, but I can understand not wanting to backtrack. The World Showcase is so big, and when you're feet are tired the last thing you want to do is go around again.
Plus, you still had the walk back to the Yacht Club. 15 minutes...to be so close to Epcot. What better place to stay on a 30th Anniversary during Food and Wine?

Love the photopass picture in France.

Now that was quite the first day! How was the caramel cluster milk chocolate pecan cookie? For some reason we always walk in there, say we want the caramel corn but talk ourselves out of it for something later! Maybe, because I bring Cracker Jack on our trips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter