• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Private, Romantic 30th Anniversary Trip- Just Ask My Friends! Last Afternoon: EP p. 37 9/19

Not quite caught up, but getting close!

Next, we went into this hangout.

IMG_8181.jpg

Glennbo approved joke.

IMG_8187.jpg

Nice jugs!

I don't think I could get away with this joke! :laughing:

Check out the couple in the front row with the matching Hakuna Matata shirts. How quaint!

:rolleyes1

Yes, I know what you are alluding to, from the Intro chapter. Apparently, all of the cool kids are wearing them these days.

It was awesome! We had a view out into the park and at one point saw these characters walking down the path

IMG_8216.jpg

I passed these same characters during our last trip, in the same spot, but I was on the ground.

When we got to the Gangster Set, we drove right through, without stopping for a shootout.

Mark looked at me and mouthed “Cowboy?”

Maybe that's his pet name for you?

Our crafty and talented friend Janet gave me these mittens that she designed and knit.

Wow, those are really nice!

I actually laughed at this. Oh, Mark, how can you forget the construction that took up half of Fantasyland??

I love BOG, but I definitely see it as more of an atmosphere thing than a food thing. Plus, pre-park "empty" castle pictures are definitely worth what they charge for BOG. I'm sorry to hear that your food wasn't so good, but at least you accomplished your mission.

I'm looking forward to reading about how you made use of the emptier first few hours in the park!

I know!!!

But in his defense, we never spend much time in Fantasyland, so he was not really focused on what was going on there.

I'm glad we did the early opening. This was the quickest and least expensive way to do it.

Trying to get to the write-up of the morning. Hopefully tomorrow.

::yes::

We got to ride mine train about 10 minutes before the park opened to everyone else which meant we got 2 turns. Then we speed walked to splash mountain and had only a couple of minutes to wait before we were aboard our log ( sorry to add to your pain) :headache:
I would do early breakfast again in a heartbeat for the pleasure of being deep in the park before everyone else :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Nicely done!

I'm glad that you were able to get ahead of the crowds a bit. We did ok. Coming up soon (I hope...)

:goodvibes

Not quite caught up, but getting close!

Nice job! Thank you!

Glennbo approved joke.

:thumbsup2

I don't think I could get away with this joke! :laughing:

Don't you mean :laughing::laughing:?

Yes, I know what you are alluding to, from the Intro chapter. Apparently, all of the cool kids are wearing them these days.

::yes:: ::yes::

I passed these same characters during our last trip, in the same spot, but I was on the ground.

I guess that must be their spot.

:magnify:

Maybe that's his pet name for you?

Giddy-up!

:blush:

Wow, those are really nice!

Janet is extremely talented. I am fortunate to be the recipient of her generosity.

:worship:

A First for Mark

After our breakfast at BOG, we were ready to tackle the Magic Kingdom.

We had these Fast Passes booked:

Splash 9:40 to 10:40

Mine Train 11:10-12:10

Space 12:20- 1:20

We were going to (eventually) make our way to the back of the park for Splash, then make our way towards the exit with plans to hit EPCOT/Food & Wine for lunch and then take a resort break before the Halloween party that night.

We walked to the Mine Train entrance. There was a 30 minute wait and although that isn’t too bad, we had a FP for later and didn’t want to waste precious park time in line.

So we moseyed a little further into Fantasyland and “Away we goooooooo!”

It was a walk-on, so we didn’t go through the interactive standby line. I had done this in June 2015, but Mark had not seen it yet.

DSCF0864.jpg

Someday I would love to get a decent picture of the London Scene in Peter Pan. Today was not that day.

Crowds were still pretty light and we had the need for speed.

We backtracked to Tomorrowland. Space was a walk-on and we were gifted with this.

DSCF0872.jpg

Buzz was also a walk-on

DSCF0874.jpg

DSCF0877.jpg

We were pretty happy with our scores

DSCF0878.jpg

After we had hit a few of our favorites, it was time to introduce Mark to something he had never done before.

He was going to ride an elephant.

DSCF0881.jpg

Once again, we didn’t encounter a long line. The play area was not open yet. We were in line behind a mom, dad and a little boy named Sam who was talking to us. We chatted about the things he liked doing so far and Sam and Mark talked about how it was their first times on the ride.

DSCF0884.jpg

DSCF0886.jpg

Finally, it was our turn.

Be brave, Mark!

DSCF0894.jpg

DSCF0891.jpg

DSCF0892.jpg

Since Mark had never walked through New Fantasyland, we took a stroll in the area. We went past the Little Mermaid area and I asked him if he wanted to go on the ride. He said he would if I wanted to, but it wasn’t something he cared to do.

We spent a little (very little) time at Gaston’s Tavern, enough to walk in, take a peek, take a couple of pictures, then take our leave

DSCF0897.jpg

DSCF0898.jpg

DSCF0901.jpg

DSCF0902.jpg

Wow, I love this view!

DSCF0904.jpg

DSCF0905.jpg

We were having a great time and still have a lot more on tap for the morning, but I think this is a good point to pause as we were heading to new land.

Up Next: We Stop for a Show

Last edited:

I'm with ya in someday getting a good picture of the London scene. I have yet to do it aswell.

Walking on rides is the best. You look more determined than Mark on Buzz.

Great selfie on dumbo!

Fantasyland really has a lot of great details. I love walking and running through it ;)

It's always fun to do something you've never done.
We ate at BOG for lunch a while back and haven't gone back since. It was definitely meh.
That view is really cool.

To answer your question from a while back.... we are only doing Disney in April. I can't wait!!! only 49 more days. I was able to score the Narcoossees Brunch for Easter Sunday.
Really wanted Cali Grill but we haven't tried the brunch at Narcoossees yet.

Have you ever thought that the grass is always greener at the MK? It is. They paint it.

Wha?! :faint:

A few more pictures around the Hub:

And one around the hubs. Feel free to use that.

Is Mark holding her up? If so, you're an accomplice.

We walked towards Beast’s castle and Mark asked “What’s that?”

I told him that is where we were eating.

“Don’t you remember seeing the construction on our last trip?” (July 2013)

“No”

:rolleyes2

<facepalm>

At some point we got a rose which would direct the servers to deliver our meals after we picked out seat.

When I grew up, if you were ever caught "adjusting" the rear of your pants, someone would ask, "are you going to the movies?...'cause you're picking your seat!"

We went past the "golions" (goat + lion) guarding the door and entered the restaurant.

I like it because that's what they yell at Penn State football games: "Go (Nittany) Lions!"

He was going to ride an elephant.

You know what, I don't know that I've ever ridden Dumbo. If I have, I don't remember it. I guess I should ask Dumbo, they never forget.

Love the latest update and your pics :goodvibes
You were able to get a lot done how great Peter Pan was a walk on.
I love that view of Beast's castle and another great ride photo with SM.
Glad Mark got to ride Dumbo :dumbo:

Yay! Loving the update... Now I kind of want to talk DH into PPO breakfasts, do a few rides, then go back to BC by 10am for nap/pool time...

Nice update and great shots of BOG Mountain!! I think that's what they call it? :confused3 Love the contrast between the mountain and the clouds. Not to mention you can't beat no ones, no waiting for MK attractions!

Last edited:
Nice MK morning so far! That seems to be the downside to the interactive queue on Peter Pan. You either have to get to the attraction when there's no time to see it, or you have to stand in line and stare at it for an hour. There never seems to be fifteen or twenty minute waits for that ride.

Mark's first time on Dumbo! Hooray! I love the shot of the other Dumbo from up above.

Fantasyland looked pretty empty in the one photo of Gaston's Tavern. The crowds must not have made their way to the back of the park yet.
What, Mark didn't sit in Gaston's chair??

Omninous clouds behind Beast's Castle; I hope they weren't an indicator of the weather for your Halloween party later that night.

I also can never get the good London picture. My sister got a really good one last trip (on her iPhone) ... we were stopped, so that made it a little easier, but I'm still impressed.

Sounds like you guys had a good morning and got a lot done in those early hours. And congrats to Mark on his first Dumbo ride!

I'm with ya in someday getting a good picture of the London scene. I have yet to do it aswell.

Walking on rides is the best. You look more determined than Mark on Buzz.

Great selfie on dumbo!

Fantasyland really has a lot of great details. I love walking and running through it ;)

I just got a new lens for my DSLR, for portrait and low light pictures. Can't wait to try it out at Disney!

I am surprised- I was taking pictures during the ride, and when I do that I am usually not concerned with the score. But I was pretty happy at how well we both did.

Thanks! Having a selfie setting (and knowing how to use it) is very helpful. Although I still find it to be difficult because I have short arms.

We still have not spent much time in New Fantasyland. We are mostly walking through. I loved the details in the Little Mermaid queue when I went through solo, but Mark did not want to go this time.

It's always fun to do something you've never done.
We ate at BOG for lunch a while back and haven't gone back since. It was definitely meh.
That view is really cool.

To answer your question from a while back.... we are only doing Disney in April. I can't wait!!! only 49 more days. I was able to score the Narcoossees Brunch for Easter Sunday.
Really wanted Cali Grill but we haven't tried the brunch at Narcoossees yet.

We had two reservations for BOG because Mark had never been and I only had a lunch there previously.

I haven't eaten at Narcooses, but from all I have read, it should be a great place for Easter Brunch! Enjoy!

::yes::

Crazy, huh?

But maybe not such a bad idea if you are having a turf war with your neighbors

And one around the hubs. Feel free to use that.

That's good! I just may use that as a caption.

:worship:

Is Mark holding her up? If so, you're an accomplice.

Technically, I'M the one holding her up. But Mark does look like he is aiming at her.

<facepalm>

He's not always the most observant dude.

When I grew up, if you were ever caught "adjusting" the rear of your pants, someone would ask, "are you going to the movies?...'cause you're picking your seat!"

We didn't have that one. But X-Y-Z, Examine Your Zipper was a popular one.

:magnify:

I like it because that's what they yell at Penn State football games: "Go (Nittany) Lions!"

:cheer2:

You know what, I don't know that I've ever ridden Dumbo. If I have, I don't remember it. I guess I should ask Dumbo, they never forget.

Another good one!

:dumbo:

Love the latest update and your pics :goodvibes
You were able to get a lot done how great Peter Pan was a walk on.
I love that view of Beast's castle and another great ride photo with SM.
Glad Mark got to ride Dumbo :dumbo:

Thank you!

Peter Pan first is our signature move! That is about the only time you can ride without a FP and not have a long wait!

I hadn't really seen that view of Beast's castle before. I think I have only been in Gaston's plaza one other time.

Yay! Loving the update... Now I kind of want to talk DH into PPO breakfasts, do a few rides, then go back to BC by 10am for nap/pool time...

Thanks!

That's not a bad plan. Unfortunately, now that they are opening Main Street an hour before the park opens, some of the advantages of booking the early breakfast are negated. I do think they let the reservation holders in even earlier, like maybe 7:40 or 7:45, but it makes for an early morning.

:faint:

Nice update and greasy shots of BOG Mountain!! I think that's what they call it? :confused3 Love the contrast between the mountain and the clouds. Not to mention you can't beat no ones, no waiting for MK attractions!

It took me a minute to figure out your autocorrected comments. Thanks for the kind words!

That is a really nice photo spot for BOG Mountain (I don't know if that's what they call it, but it is a good name for it)

We did pretty well that morning between low crowds and our FP. It was a Halloween Party night (we have tickets), so that usually leads to lower crowds at MK.

Nice MK morning so far! That seems to be the downside to the interactive queue on Peter Pan. You either have to get to the attraction when there's no time to see it, or you have to stand in line and stare at it for an hour. There never seems to be fifteen or twenty minute waits for that ride.

Mark's first time on Dumbo! Hooray! I love the shot of the other Dumbo from up above.

Fantasyland looked pretty empty in the one photo of Gaston's Tavern. The crowds must not have made their way to the back of the park yet.
What, Mark didn't sit in Gaston's chair??

Omninous clouds behind Beast's Castle; I hope they weren't an indicator of the weather for your Halloween party later that night.

That is a great point- I don't think I have ever seen wait times of 15-20 minutes, which would be perfect. There is no middle ground in Neverland!

I'm glad Mark finally rode too. I'm not sure he is in any rush to do it again. Maybe someday in the future with grandkids.

No he didn't sit in the chair. Mark's not much of a prop-guy!

No worries on the weather! We had perfect weather for the trip. The only rain we had was while we were in line (covered) and in the Haunted Mansion on our first afternoon.

:sunny:

I also can never get the good London picture. My sister got a really good one last trip (on her iPhone) ... we were stopped, so that made it a little easier, but I'm still impressed.

Sounds like you guys had a good morning and got a lot done in those early hours. And congrats to Mark on his first Dumbo ride!

I remember her picture! I know my picture is not going to come out, but I try almost every time!

We did have a great morning, and it continued to go well for us.

I should have seen if I could get Mark a Dumbo pin to commemorate his first ride.

:dumbo:

It took me a minute to figure out your autocorrected comments. Thanks for the kind words!

That is a really nice photo spot for BOG Mountain (I don't know if that's what they call it, but it is a good name for it)

We did pretty well that morning between low crowds and our FP. It was a Halloween Party night (we have tickets), so that usually leads to lower crowds at MK.

I fixed my "slick" comment! Autocorrect is dangerous but it reminds a bit of Mad Libs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter