A Pirate Adventure - Fall Break, Birthdays & MNSSHP - Chg in Plans!

Time is really starting to get away from me now. We had all the kids (and their families) over this past weekend for a Star Wars movie night. If they are going to do Jedi Training they should probably know who the Jedi are!

Every time we all get together it reminds me why I like this group so much. Its so a diverse and fun group. The kids have a blast together and so do the parents.

The boys all received their letters from Mickey (and the little girl from Ariel) and are beside themselves. I'm so happy they went over so well. I also finished DS's autograph cards. He has a book that he'll ask them to sign, but I am going to do the cards too so we can use them in a special project for after this trip. Now I just have to figure out how to sort them. I'm thinking by movie then alphabetically.

Snack packs are all made. Need to get some marshmallows for the smores kits still but I'll probably wait until next week. A couple of projects are getting scrubbed due to lack of time and cooperation. :rolleyes2

I've got DS's messenger bag about 80% complete. I still need to add the mickey head. I think that I'm going to use the red as the base and cover it with black (and cut the MM head out of the black to let the red show through).

Got my flu shot today. Want to make sure I'm fully protected by the time we go to Disney. Need to take DS by and let him get one too.

My mom has embraced the family pirate theme for her costume too. So at a minimum DS, DM and I will all be pirates while DDad will be Pirate Donald Duck. DH is still not sure what he's doing.

I am going to try and take some photos this week to show you all what I've been up to. I installed photobucket on my phone so that should allow me to take some pictures with the phone and easily have a place to stick them for posting. :)

they posted new October hours on the TA site. Not on the Disney site yet. Need to make sure all my plans work with the new hours. I "think" they will. Some of the changes are pretty dramatic.:cool1:

We are in the home stretch now! :hourglass We just got back from a weekend trip to FL to visit my parents and go to watch FSU vs Clemson...my two schools. I grew up an FSU fan and went to college there and went to Clemson for grad school so its always a fun game for me. Took one box of stuff for my parents to bring down to Disney with them.

The other good thing about the trip was with the late game (8pm start) I was able to see how DS did staying up waaaayyyy past his bedtime. We didn't get home until nearly 1am and by the time he ate a pb&j (he was starving even though he ate bbq at the tailgate), brushed teeth and got in bed, it was after 1:30. We then woke him up at 6:40am to get on the road so we could be back in time for soccer. He didn't even sleep on the 4+ hour drive. :drive: He had a great soccer practice then we went for a late lunch and home. I had to take a nap but he just kept right on going until bedtime. This will be great practice for those late MNSSHP nights! :wizard:

My plan for this week is to start making lists and setting everything out in the playroom. My over the door shoe holder has been up in the closet in the playroom for a while now. I've been filling it slowly with stuff for the trip, travel size containers and extras of toiletries. I plan to just roll it up with the stuff inside to pack. Need to do :laundy: so I can get packing.

I also need to go through and get my camera gear ready for the trip. I have been ignoring it badly the last month or so. Need to remedy that for sure! I should try and take some pictures of DS this weekend. He is getting glasses for the first time today. And he'll have a haircut sometime this week. And I want to get one last set of pictures before he loses his top front tooth. He has lost the bottom two already. But you can't really see those. I suspect he may lose the top one while we are at Disney...so I need to get those last shots before he becomes my "big boy."

I am also packing plastic containers. I love the idea of using the plastic tubs to make loading the stuff into the car much easier. We will use one large suitcase and probably DS's Lightning McQueen suitcase...but everything else will be in plastic tubs. :crazy:

I am debating bringing my VitaMix with me. DS and I have smoothies every morning for breakfast. I pack them full of fruit, protein powder, superfood powder and flax seeds. We will be able to grocery shop before so that's not a problem.

On our way back from FL we had about an hour to kill before DS's soccer practice...so we stopped at some outlets. I went in the Talbots outlet and got 3 pair of shorts and 2 tanks for less than $50. Very happy about that. Will get them washed and into the stash for packing. Am looking forward to next weekend when we can see some of the longer range weather projections.

I am so ready for vacation!! I need a break as I haven't really had one all year. My vacations are back loaded for the end of the year this year and its been killing me as all my co-workers take their vacations. :badpc: One is at the :beach: now.

Two. Weeks. That is all!

We are in the home stretch now! :hourglass We just got back from a weekend trip to FL to visit my parents and go to watch FSU vs Clemson...my two schools. I grew up an FSU fan and went to college there and went to Clemson for grad school so its always a fun game for me. Took one box of stuff for my parents to bring down to Disney with them.

The other good thing about the trip was with the late game (8pm start) I was able to see how DS did staying up waaaayyyy past his bedtime. We didn't get home until nearly 1am and by the time he ate a pb&j (he was starving even though he ate bbq at the tailgate), brushed teeth and got in bed, it was after 1:30. We then woke him up at 6:40am to get on the road so we could be back in time for soccer. He didn't even sleep on the 4+ hour drive. :drive: He had a great soccer practice then we went for a late lunch and home. I had to take a nap but he just kept right on going until bedtime. This will be great practice for those late MNSSHP nights! :wizard:

My plan for this week is to start making lists and setting everything out in the playroom. My over the door shoe holder has been up in the closet in the playroom for a while now. I've been filling it slowly with stuff for the trip, travel size containers and extras of toiletries. I plan to just roll it up with the stuff inside to pack. Need to do :laundy: so I can get packing.

I also need to go through and get my camera gear ready for the trip. I have been ignoring it badly the last month or so. Need to remedy that for sure! I should try and take some pictures of DS this weekend. He is getting glasses for the first time today. And he'll have a haircut sometime this week. And I want to get one last set of pictures before he loses his top front tooth. He has lost the bottom two already. But you can't really see those. I suspect he may lose the top one while we are at Disney...so I need to get those last shots before he becomes my "big boy."

I am also packing plastic containers. I love the idea of using the plastic tubs to make loading the stuff into the car much easier. We will use one large suitcase and probably DS's Lightning McQueen suitcase...but everything else will be in plastic tubs. :crazy:

I am debating bringing my VitaMix with me. DS and I have smoothies every morning for breakfast. I pack them full of fruit, protein powder, superfood powder and flax seeds. We will be able to grocery shop before so that's not a problem.

On our way back from FL we had about an hour to kill before DS's soccer practice...so we stopped at some outlets. I went in the Talbots outlet and got 3 pair of shorts and 2 tanks for less than $50. Very happy about that. Will get them washed and into the stash for packing. Am looking forward to next weekend when we can see some of the longer range weather projections.

I am so ready for vacation!! I need a break as I haven't really had one all year. My vacations are back loaded for the end of the year this year and its been killing me as all my co-workers take their vacations. :badpc: One is at the :beach: now.

Two. Weeks. That is all!

its funny that you are saying 2 weeks, that is all- i am saying only two weeks! dont get me wrong, i am ready to be there. but this relaxed planning mode i have put myself in is stressing me out. i feel like im behind behind behind.

We are just about ready. I have everything packed up and ready to go. Need to load up the car and then we go to DS's baseball game. Once the game is over we head home, swap cars and off we go!!!

Very excited. The other boys are about to bounce off the walls! Should be a fun trip!

Did you do a trip report for this trip? I would love to see it if so as we are going in Oct this year and would love to hear all about it and how the crowds were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter