• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Photo Heavy, Pixie Dust Infused Reunion-NEW TR LINK IN LAST POST 6/14!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with all of us. Leaving Disney is never fun, and being sick well that kind of makes it 10 times worse. I seem to get depressed on my last day instead of fully enjoying that I'm still there. Something I need to work on.

I'm still reading your Asia trip report and looking forward to you next one too.

Your welcome!! Thank YOU for following along!! Yeah, it definitely sucked, and we didnt' start off in the best of moods! Lol, I tend to get like that during the trip to like "oh man, we only have 2 days left, waaah!" kidna feel lol
Yay!!! I'll hopefully have it going pretty quick after we get home!

I'm glad I found your TR. I love your pictures. My fave I think is the one of the monorail at the GF lol...love the monorail!! But so many great ones and what you do with the lighting and focus is really amazing. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well for some of this trip, but seems like you still managed to have a pretty awesome time.

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed and followed along! Thank you so much!!! Kara and I both have spent a lot of time working with photography stuff over the past two years!! It was a bummer but hey, we did the best we could!!

Loved your trip report! You always look like you're having the best time (even when you're sick!). Cant wait to read about your next adventure!!

Thank you so much!! Glad you really enjoyed it! I was feeling the worst at DAK, which is why I think there's so few pics from that day, the last day thank god Amanda had medicine for me!!

love the last shot! you are talented!

Thank you!!! It was PURE MAGIC/luck lol, one of my favorite shots too!

Not sure if any of you will see this BUT, as a real life update, things have been KIND OF FREAKING INSANE.
For the month of May, partially because of my "old age" birthday and vacation coming up, I embarked on a #28for28 day challenge, consisiting of 28 days dairy free, alcohol free, and sugar free, also with 28 workouts in a row. It stuck pretty well for the first week

Naturally, it didn't happen. On Mother's Day, I got the news that my Dad had passed (we hadn't spoken in 10 years, so that makes things suuuuper complicated and I didn't know how to feel at first, then everything kinda hit, it was a rough week. Plus no one told my Mom (they're divorced 20 years but still...) so I had to. THEN I get over that, and wake up Monday with a back ache, pop some advil, no probs, Tuesday, wake up with a level 9 pain, go waste my money on muscle relaxants, go to Chiropractor, find out the curvature of my spine has been lost, its trying to straighten out, get a treatement, go to work. Tuesday, woken up at FIVE IN THE MORNING, CRYING in so much pain that I just can't handle it anymore, it hurts to LIE DOWN, to sit, to walk, I can't twist either side, I go to the dr, he does a physical and verbal test, determines I have a "lumbar sprain" and if it doesn't go away in 3-6 weeks to come back, and prescribes pain killers (which is what I needed/went for, there was no way I could handle a flight like this) ie; what a dr would diagnose the step before a slipped disk! UGH. This, naturally, as I don't have BC health care, all costs me about $150 (though I know it'd cost me a heck of a lot more in the States...), which RIPPED me of my Universal ticket. I had earlier posted on FB to my friends that we'd need a ride buddy since I don't like scary rides & Steven does, bunch of people excitedly replied, so I went on to comment that because of medical stuff I couldn't afford it, and BLESS my amazing friends, one of them pm'd me to say he'd comp me in for the day, CUE THE HAPPY TEARS LIKE HOW, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

ANYWAYS

This post wasn't supposed to be this long, BUT, we leave on Saturday the 27th!! I fly from Vancouver to Calgary to meet Steven where we both FLY TO DISNEY WORLD!! We''re staying at Art of Animation!! I at this point, think I'm leaving the computer at home,so no fancy photos or updates til we're back (June 5th)

For anyone with social media, feel free to follow along on our adventures "live style"

Instagram:

kattwyllie

magickingdomprince

Snapchat:

kattwy

sbmorasch

It''s sure to be a fun time, we've got a few dining things booked, TONS of first times for us (new stage show, new welcome show, new fireworks, new projection show, new star wars stuff, an elephant tour, rivers of light, and pandora, AND Disney Springs) We'll be at Art of Animation in a mermaid room for the entire time and celebrating BOTH our birthdays (which actually DO fall on our trip) Hope to see ya along the journey!! :)

in the MEANTIME, feel free to check out our adventures from Tokyo/Shanghai & Hong Kong Disney in my signature!!

Kat, a lumbar strain/sprain isn't that bad! I worked for a Chiropractor for years. It shouldn't even take 3-6 weeks to heal. With regular treatment/adjustments from a chiro dr, you should be fine. I frequently have thoracic strain/sprains and within a few treatments I'm good to go again. Now it all depends on how bad your strain/sprain is of course. If it's a bad strain/sprain it might be the 3-6 weeks, but be sure to make use of a hot tub if you can.

I embarked on a #28for28 day challenge, consisiting of 28 days dairy free, alcohol free, and sugar free, also with 28 workouts in a row. It stuck pretty well for the first week

That is very ambitious of you. I'm sorry about everything that happened so it didn't go as planned, but what can you do. I'm glad you are still getting to go on vacay though!

I'm so sorry about your dad :(

Ugh and I'm sorry to hear about your back!

Certainly not a good month for you, but I'm glad you were still able to take the trip. I hope you are having an amazing time!

I have fallen super behind but wanted to say I love your photos that you have been doing at various places (the Boardwalk, beach Club, etc.) - just a lot of fun and creative shots! And that last shot with the fireworks is amazing!

Sorry you felt sick - it's just a bummer when you don't feel your best while at Disney and then I think it puts more pressur on you do be like "I am here, spending money I want it to be the best experience it can be" - and then when it isn't it even makes you feel worse and it just snowballs (at least for me it does)

Kara takes some amazing running photos!

Glad you got in for the Hoop Dee Doo at the CM rate - it is a super fun show and just so very "Disney" to me

Sounds like a frustrating start to your last day but seems like you got a great things in during the day and it turned out ok. I think it is pretty perfect it worked out that you got to see your last Wishes near where you watched it after your Traditions day

Every trip is a little different and understandable to have a bit of a "weird" feeling for you with all the traveling you have done and your time having worked there, etc. .... "Home" just brings up so many emotions and when you have that connected to there it's going to bring up different feelings I am sure

Thanks for sharing this trip with us!

as to your last update - sorry to hear about your dad's passing and all you had to do to deal with that. Also sorry to hear about your back - it sounds terrible and obviously an expense you weren't preparing for (though, i can say that I have rather good health insurance from my company and even with that it would have cost me more than what you paid - so could be worse!) and so great that your friend is helping you out with your Universal ticket (sometimes I think you get knocked down just so you can see who helps you back up)

Your next trip sounds amazing (that is crazy how much new there is for you!) and great you are going with Steven and it is both of your birthdays! Happy belated Birthday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter