A mother's point of view

jworkkul

DIS Veteran
Let me begin by saying--MY DAUGHTER GOT MARRIED!!:lovestruc For as long as I can remember she would always say that she wanted to get married at WDW. Every time we rode the monorail back to the TTC from MK she would point at the WP and say, "one of these days, I'll have my wedding there." Well, it happened. I will try to make a long story short but certain things happened that were memorable. We started the Disney planning session approximately 1 day after she was engaged. Met with the Wedding Coordinator the next week and were off to the races:banana: It would not be until approximately 3 more months until we could sign the letter of agreement and shell out the down payment. Now things finally took off. My daughter wanted this elaborate wedding on the theme of the Yule Ball from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire--everything silver and shimmery. I told her that if anyone could it, Disney could. Disney took our cue and in one of the meeting sessions there was the Wedding Coordinator (Merri Williamson), floral coordinator and a member of the Entertainment Department. We wanted some props that would make the reception room look as if you stepped into an ice cave. Boy, they were really excited about this and started to call it "Our Big Event". Approximately 2-3 months before the "event" we met with the chef at the Yacht Club (that is where the reception was being held) and went through the "taste testing". Now, that was something. Everything we wanted--from pre-reception to the entire reception menu--was there. Now let's fast forward to the day of the "event." Since I am a DVC member I got my family a Grand Villa at Old Key West to use. All the girls in the wedding party came over and got ready. The service was not until 5 p.m. that afternoon and I had everyone come over around 12. All that day it was raining and I was going hysterical:scared1: We had Cinderella's coach and a staged exit with everyone standing on the bridge and throwing rose pedals and I was going over in my mind of what would happen in the rain. My poor Wedding Coordinator got a lot of phone calls from me that day. She just laughed and said that they had a lot of umbrellas. Well, Tinkerbell must have understood what I was going through and sprinkled some pixie-dust because around 2:30 p.m. it stopped raining and out came the sun. The weather became perfect--not hot, cold or humid--PERFECT:woohoo: We had arranged for pictures to be taken at the GF because that is where she will be getting in the carriage. We were a tad bit late but that didn't matter. Something very funny happened while we were taking pictures in the lobby of the hotel, one very small guest came up to my daughter and asked for her autograph. I overheard a couple of other small girls whispering, "she's the real Cinderella!" The camerman even got the picture of the autograph session. It was really cute. The service went off without a hitch. Now to the reception:yay: Let me add that with all this planning we never got to see what our table setting, floral arrangements or cake would look like. We told them what we wanted. When we finally got to see the room and all the decorations, boy were we delighted!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3: Everything was beautiful. It was like they read my daughter's mind and knew exactly what she would like. Even the cake came out better than expected. The food was excellent (we had a plated event with beef tenderloin, chicken breast, mashed potatoes and veggies). Salad started the dinner with a special dressing from the Japan Pavillion in Epcot. My daughter loves the ginger dressing there. During courses we had sorbet that was paraded around the room in individual ice sculptures of Cinderella's glass slipper with a light inside to make it glow. Everyone loved that.party: As much as we didn't want it to end it had to.

I have to thank everyone who made this possible. Disney went out of their way to make this "event" something special for my daughter. Of course there were small obstacles in our way but we jumped over them and got what we wanted.

I just want to end with this for any parents of the Bride:

Just once upon a yesterday I held you in my arms
You grew into a little girl with lovely childhood charms.
Now it seems I only turned around and I see you by Michael’s side
Oh, I cannot believe my eyes, today my Daughter is a Bride.
But now, my Love, the time has come.
To send you on your way
So I wish you every happiness
And the blessings of this day.
And I hope the love I’ve given you
Will forever be your guide.
Oh, I cannot believe my eyes for today,
My Daughter is a Bride

:sad::cloud9:

This sounds absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations to your daughter! Do you hae any pictures?

Congrats to your daughter. It sounds like she had an amazing wedding! I hope you will be able to post some pictures for us. The decor sounds amazing!

That sounds just absolutely perfect. I'm so glad you and she will have such wonderful memories of her wedding day, and I'd love to see pictures!

Your poem made me tear up so much, and my girls are only 1 and 5!! I know that day will come as soon as I turn around, though, as you said. :sad2:

Well congratulations to you and your daughter! It sounded amazing!

The poem is beautiful! :) Im a 'Father of the Bride' Fan and it made me cry!

Me and my dad practiced walking down the isle yesterday! :)

My absolutely amazing mommy co-signed our contract today for the Disneyland wedding I've dreamed about since I went there for my 5th Birthday. I'm so excited for my mom to be a DisneyMOB. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter