A Mother's Day Cruise on the Fantasy sandwiched between BCV (Complete 10/12, p.33)

I know that BCV is smaller because we had just come from VWL and the closet fit several suitcases whereas at BCV it barely fit one.

It wasnt cramped but it definitely felt smaller. Always nice when I find out my suspicsions are correct.

That's going to be so much fun! I am also on a B2B out of SD that leaves on the 15th of May!

How fun! I didn't realize ours were at the same time.

oh shucks, I was readying the journal :teeth:

:faint: :scared: :lmao:

Thankfully not, just took the wonderful dad to the Cheesecake Factory. Im bursting at the seams!

I love the Cheesecake factory. What kind of cheesecake did you order? The rocky road is my favorite.

We're waiting for Gabby to get home from Sbux and then we're heading to the fire station for a BBQ. :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

I love the Cheesecake factory. What kind of cheesecake did you order? The rocky road is my favorite.

I got the Oreo to go, we were all just too full. But it's so rare that we go that I have to at least take home something. I didn't see a Rocky Road on the menu, I wonder if they have different ones at different restaurants.

We're waiting for Gabby to get home from Sbux and then we're heading to the fire station for a BBQ. :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful time! Happy Fathers Day to M!!!

:rotfl:

I got the Oreo to go, we were all just too full. But it's so rare that we go that I have to at least take home something. I didn't see a Rocky Road on the menu, I wonder if they have different ones at different restaurants.

Have a wonderful time! Happy Fathers Day to M!!!

I had the Rocky Road in Vegas two years ago and it was amazing. I hadn't seen it before. May be regional or a special. I also love their strawberry. I haven't tried Oreo. We had some chocolate one last time with a mousse etc...Holy amazing. Their food is great too. The menu is huge though.

We're going to Polly's for dinner tonight if they are not slammed for Father's Day. Strawberry pie!!!!!!!

HI!!! Teri right? We did too :goodvibes. Hows the new job?

I see the Baja cruise on your lineup, which one? I'll be on the 10/18.

I just now read this! How are you?! Thanks for sharing your trip report! We booked Oct. 18 as well!! However, I'm still contemplating changing it to a 7 Night Bahama trip out of Galveston in November? I miss Castaway Cay!! My new job is going great so far. I need to work so I can pay for my Disney vacations, oh and my DD's college! LOL! ~Teri~

I had the Rocky Road in Vegas two years ago and it was amazing. I hadn't seen it before. May be regional or a special. I also love their strawberry. I haven't tried Oreo. We had some chocolate one last time with a mousse etc...Holy amazing. Their food is great too. The menu is huge though.

It is huge, I worked there many years ago and you had to know everything and ingredients. I wasn't there more than a year, behind stressful.

I just now read this! How are you?! Thanks for sharing your trip report! We booked Oct. 18 as well!! However, I'm still contemplating changing it to a 7 Night Bahama trip out of Galveston in November? I miss Castaway Cay!! My new job is going great so far. I need to work so I can pay for my Disney vacations, oh and my DD's college! LOL! ~Teri~

Hi Teri :) :wave2:

I'm glad about the job :) and I know exactly, have to pay for the vacations!

Well if you change I completely understand, CC is my very favorite. If you don't I'll see you on the cruise :)

Did you tell them about the PC? Is that still in the plans?

It is huge, I worked there many years ago and you had to know everything and ingredients. I wasn't there more than a year, behind stressful.

You did? My good friend worked there and loved it. She agreed it was stressful. She also drank at work which made the customers tolerable. :lmao:

I'm following! I love the Y&BC resort, especially that pool! We stayed there during our honeymoon, and then continued on for another week on the Fantasy. Just love that ship - Satellite Falls is one of my favorite spots :)

DTD has changed more since you've been there, I can't wait to see it in September when we go. It's been awhile and I may not even recognize it.

Via Napoli is fantastic, great pizza and a perfect crust. Yum!

Looking forward to reading how the rest of your trip went :cheer2:

There's a Baja cruise October, 18 2015 that Jenny and family and A & F are going on. The more the merrier!

I'll also be doing a Fantasy one with mom starting May 16.

Oooh i'll definitely look into the October dates! DH has one week off in October and that week is usually mid-October. But we won't know until the end of this year/beginning of next year. But if he has that week off that would be PERFECT!:hyper:

You did? My good friend worked there and loved it. She agreed it was stressful. She also drank at work which made the customers tolerable. :lmao:

I did not love it, and in fact had many nightmares about it after I left.

Yes, that just might make them more tolerable :laughing:

I'm following! I love the Y&BC resort, especially that pool! We stayed there during our honeymoon, and then continued on for another week on the Fantasy. Just love that ship - Satellite Falls is one of my favorite spots :)

DTD has changed more since you've been there, I can't wait to see it in September when we go. It's been awhile and I may not even recognize it.

Via Napoli is fantastic, great pizza and a perfect crust. Yum!

Looking forward to reading how the rest of your trip went :cheer2:

Hi :wave2: and thank you for reading :)

DTD changed even more? :sad2: too much.

Love that Satelite Falls, except when it was windy. We spent many hours up there.

That Via Napoli is so good!

I'm hoping to get an update in tonight. Pictures are uploaded.

Oooh i'll definitely look into the October dates! DH has one week off in October and that week is usually mid-October. But we won't know until the end of this year/beginning of next year. But if he has that week off that would be PERFECT!:hyper:

That would be awesome!!! Did he call and see if you can move the reservation? Prices keep going up, if you could move it now and lock in a price it might be good. You can still move it if the dates don't work.

I left you guys off with us in the room and about to head to dinner. I need to give some history before continuing. When we had done our investigation for our first cruise on the Dream we had looked at the Remy menu at length. It was not suitable for either of our diets. Mom is a vegetarian and I am a pescatarian. So we had let the idea of Remy fall to the wayside. Somehow or another I found out that Remy was actually quite accommodating to different diets and was assured by several people on the Dis who had personally had a vegetarian meal at Remy that it was amazing. So I went ahead and booked it for Mothers Day, the next night, as a complete surprise. I had not planned on telling mom until we were heading to the restaurant. Well, when we got to the room to drop off the soda the card for Remy was at our door. Mom walked right past it and I could have totally nabbed it up and kept the secret going. I decided to leave it there. In a split second I thought she might like to know ahead of time so I left the card where it was. When we left for dinner she still didn’t see it.

Our dinner that first night was at Animator’s Palate. The first dinner is always so exciting, meeting our tablemates and servers for the first time. On past cruises our tablemates have always enhanced our cruise. This cruise was no exception. Somehow Disney matches you to similar people and we love chatting about our day and vice versa. We were seated with two other mother/daughter duos. In addition to Mothers Day one person from each of the other parties was celebrating a birthday, on the same day. Disney does their homework. Sadly the mom of one of our tablemates was feeling ill and decided to stay in the cabin. There were also two missing tablemates, our servers eventually took away their place settings sometime during dinner.

Some pictures of the restaurant.

Our table number

I started with a tomato tarte, very delicious

And mom had the squash soup; she said it didn’t have much flavor. She realized later she didn’t even order it….

I then had the truffle purseittes, YUM!

And mom had a tomato tarte, which she enjoyed

Nothing really caught my eye for an entrée so I went with my old stand by, grilled salmon and a baked potato. I really didn’t need the fish; I had had plenty to eat already. And sadly the baked potato was not as good as the ones I had just had on the Wonder.

Mom had a double order of the truffle purseittes for her entrée

And also ordered what she thought was an appetizer but what was a giant potato soufflé. GIANT! She said it was very delicious and preferred this to the purseittes which I was shocked about. She did not finish it, it could have fed a family of four it was so big.

For dessert mom went with her old standby

And I had a cookie sundae. Delicious!

My picture taking of our food did not escape our tablemates' notice but they politely didn’t say anything. One did however offer to take a picture of mom and I which I think turned out pretty cute.

During dinner they have characters from Finding Nemo going around and talking with guests around the restaurant, very similar to Turtle Talk with Crush. I think around dessert time the screens change to ‘drawings’.

Dinner was delightful and we all left at the same time. I hung back to let our server know that we’d be missing dinner the next night because we were going to Remy. I could still salvage the surprise if I had a change of heart.

We had been contemplating going to see Bears after dinner in the theater but we were both pretty tuckered out so skipped it. We did stop by the shop to see if a necklace I had been lusting after was available and sadly it was not there. I had checked on the Wonder and they said it was discontinued but could possibly be on one of the other ships. I wasn’t holding my breathe but of course had to check. Served me right, I should have bought it when I saw it last year.

Disappointed we headed back to the room. This time mom did see the Remy card and at first thought it had been placed there by mistake. I asked her what she thought. She looked bewildered because she honestly thought it was at the wrong room. I assured her it was in the right place. She brought up the problem with the menu and told her about my thorough investigations and that I knew 100% that she would have a delicious meal prepared. She was then quite excited. I told her I had meant to keep it a surprise and she was glad I didn’t. This way she had the whole day to look forward to it. It was still a surprise but not a last minute surprise.

We got ready for bed and then tried to find the movie channel. I KNEW there had to be a movie channel. There had been one on all our other cruises why wouldn’t there be a movie channel. There was no movie channel. We both LOVE the movie channel. On the Fantasy last year they had practically all the movies Disney had ever made on a special movie channel. I continued to look for the channel with no luck. Oh I was sad, and I mean really sad. We settled on an episode of American Greed and fell asleep shortly before 11:00.

Tomorrow, At Sea and Remy dinner

What a great treat for Mother's Day - Remy!! I love the food there and was SOoooo full after our dinner, I wish there was a peoplemover to bring me back to the room! :)

So something that impressed me about Remy was the service (the food goes without saying). We dined at Victoria & Albert's while on our honeymoon and told Israel (who is their Maitre D'Hotel and yes, I had to look up his title!) we'd be dining at Remy in a few days. He mentioned he'd call David and let him know we were coming...I gave it no additional thought. Well, about 5 days later when we checked in at Remy, David greeted us with a big welcome and that Israel mentioned we would be dining there! I thought that was the coolest thing and was so impressed that Israel did contact him and David was like, oh yeah, I've been waiting for you two! :cool1:

David then gave us a tour of the restaurant and then sat us at our table. He also stopped by at the end of the meal making sure everything was to our satisfaction and gave us a box of treats to go. Truly made our evening and meal special! :goodvibes

Ok..all done now...we now return you to your regularly scheduled program! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter