A Mother's Day Cruise on the Fantasy sandwiched between BCV (Complete 10/12, p.33)

A coffee float sounds delicious. Does the Fantasy serve the same horrible coffee as the Wonder?

Ok so tell me more about the curved cabin??? It looks super cool. And roomy. The bow is the front? ::blush:

That Mac n cheese looks wonderful as do the fries. I'm dying for some Disney cruise grub!!!

Love the turtles. That's a special treat.

I loved the updates! I thought the one purplish flower looked liked a tarantula!

I can't believe how torn up DTD is! How's the new parking looking? It's such a pain to park there.

I'm glad you liked SAB! The lazy river is our favorite. I can just float in it for hours. I'm wishing I was in it right now as its so relaxing.

Thanks for taking me away from my troubles for a little while :goodvibes

I loved that purple fluffy flower, it was wild!

I have never driven in WDW, always take the buses. They are building a new parking garage.

That lazy river was so nice :cloud9:

A coffee float sounds delicious. Does the Fantasy serve the same horrible coffee as the Wonder?

No clue! I've never tasted either :rotfl: mom says it's not bad but she puts lots of milk in hers. She devoured that coffee float.

Ok so tell me more about the curved cabin??? It looks super cool. And roomy. The bow is the front? ::blush:

Yes, the bow is the front :) I don't know if the Wonder/Magic are set up this way but a bunch of the very front cabins on the Dream/Fantasy are much bigger than the usual cabins. They are even cheaper because they have a 'restricted' view. We thought this one was huge but the one we got for next year is probably twice the size. I have many more pictures to come, no worries.

That Mac n cheese looks wonderful as do the fries. I'm dying for some Disney cruise grub!!!

SO GOOD!!!! popcorn::

Love the turtles. That's a special treat.

We were like little kids with those turtles! There's one! There's another one! There's two! It was very fun watching them.

Thank you so very much :goodvibes!

Did you ever think that this chatty CM Richard had a crush???:scratchin

See the guy in the sailor looking outfit? That's Richard. I inadvertently took a picture of him while getting one if the lobby on the first day.

2d5ee2ba397a7b0a93b12be5e7827e7f.jpg

Now Pam some folks pay good money for that kind of adrenaline rush in the morning lol..oh my you don't need that at the start of your cruise do you! Glad it got sorted though. Love those turtles! How I adore turtles! That must have been calming to see :-) they must have known. Did you know I sent you a turtle a gram?

I just love seeing those Mickey Ears before you board. My heart is rushing just thinking of it now! Once onboard it is a race against time to get to the room! I am super keen like you to see room then move out. I love to explore the ship but also beat the dreaded carts in the stateroom gangways. They don't play well with my rollator. I spend the sailing trying to avoid the times they appear! As compensation when I do get stuck with one I score more h2o products lol.

Love that lunch buffet! Jo loves those fries!

Your stateroom so roomy how lovely! Those corner rooms are great.

Now Pam some folks pay good money for that kind of adrenaline rush in the morning lol..oh my you don't need that at the start of your cruise do you! Glad it got sorted though.

Oh my goodness, that was not a pleasant situation, not knowing. Thankfully it was quickly figured out.

Love those turtles! How I adore turtles! That must have been calming to see :-) they must have known. Did you know I sent you a turtle a gram?

They were so cool. We watched them for a good hour. We saw them again when we came back the next weekend.

I just love seeing those Mickey Ears before you board. My heart is rushing just thinking of it now! Once onboard it is a race against time to get to the room! I am super keen like you to see room then move out.

Usually we don't rush to the room. I really don't like how late you get to the ship when you leave from a resort. Hours are wasted. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the room, but much rather like getting to the ship around 11:00.

I love to explore the ship but also beat the dreaded carts in the stateroom gangways. They don't play well with my rollator. I spend the sailing trying to avoid the times they appear! As compensation when I do get stuck with one I score more h2o products lol.

Well if they wont get out of the way might as well! :rotfl:

Love that lunch buffet! Jo loves those fries!

popcorn::

Your stateroom so roomy how lovely! Those corner rooms are great.

We loved it, couldn't get over how much room it had. More pictures to come.

We took the elevators right down to the club area. On the bigger ships the clubs are Aft which really worked in our favor this afternoon.

11a7f16b835d41b0be8998e9e34df30b.jpg

We didn't win anything but it was still an enjoyable meeting. One positive was the CMs told us to stop by the desk anytime during the cruise and they would combine our DVC lanyards and our CC lanyards. We also shared a little table and seating area with some lovely people.

After the meeting we went out and waited for the lifeboat drill. We were early so I took some photos :)

3b8b0f3cf6dda451099fc62fa9a9f037.jpg

da9c3b1f051a58f7622a7252415738ba.jpg

8dceda1f42b8efdf6a74c1289fa0b6ca.jpg

aea248eb3f5130dd2b8bcc6c8ba48fbc.jpg

I was determined to play Shuffleboard this cruise

ff712a6a34b6d6e43eb9e58041482d49.jpg

76f9f10dd5a9731f68c99d6575a324da.jpg

a9f8ed704722ae8eadaa1662940232fa.jpg

A CM saw me taking photos and offered to take one of us

f91dfd46bf43720aeb190a7f9dcf52f9.jpg

34fc74a819521ad716da951dd09711bb.jpg

Eventually it was over and we headed out. Loads of people were late and we had to wait for them. I managed to get us lost so I turned on the App and looked at the map. That was really cool. Unfortunately I couldn't get it working on moms phone.

We stopped and took some pictures of the lobby and then went up to the room.

a63265f957e37c3deb342ab1db2e0d5d.jpg

It was awesome to be back on the Fantasy and all the gorgeous carpets :)

e42d53c8620acc413d4c1ee3e147f747.jpg

Not the best picture but you can kind of tell how big the Atrium is

b3faf791273032a906a1fa53b54c96c2.jpg

We then walked to the Forward elevators but ended up taking the stairs up to the room. Everybody was heading up to the Sail Away Party

Hallway in front of the Buena Vista movie theater

259359ed5a7eb5fe93c1ddbc59656220.jpg

Our glorious room, #7502. I had originally booked us an Aft verandah cabin, also on 7, but it saved $300 to switch to this one. I asked mom first and she was totally fine without having a verandah. There were two available in this category when I changed so I looked both of them up and picked this one because of how big people said it was. Then I scoured the web looking for pictures and was very pleased with my pick when I found them.

4ae1a3c3f41d8030a6bb2ee399740c8e.jpg

2949fcf81d6202fefef30c16bc1834e3.jpg

dea69c6889eaa40f0213676b8e8f4115.jpg

0ec4e5cd1059de47ffafb99f6456210d.jpg

ed787b7c05511332b0a958806cea84cf.jpg

8ab99b8d791fde96aedd9a57bf797636.jpg

2ebbd1fd467dc6c87fca4ac4ac4360f4.jpg

50e318f18af9c4dfb4620c2642319923.jpg

We were both very glad I had changed cabins. It had so much space, almost as big as the room at BCV. It was awesome.

We then decided to watch us sail away from Satellite Falls, the adult only area on Deck 13.

Love all the artwork in the stairwells

5ac55eceb33c5ac337ba4408f078aaba.jpg

00851ac461de773cfea462dc5c05acd9.jpg

0f5e5a6ba0276f40e5f4fa78088d89ea.jpg

2fa88793aa0b62708f29158d6c15c948.jpg

I would return to this area several times during the cruise, it was a safe haven from the wind.

40757a7c3c8ed83a473c31acc2ded572.jpg

6b24a411b48b6ff95dd3491bc61bd31c.jpg

It's not deep but you can sit in here.

52997352d1ce08984aad5dc105977cd0.jpg

Instead of the evenings' show we decided to go watch Muppets Most Wanted in the Buena Vista theater. This was a big break from tradition. Not only did we skip the Sail Away Party but we also skipped the first show. We were quite a bit detached from things this cruise.

We stopped for some ice cream first. I told mom they had to have changed the recipe and she agreed, it was much creamier than last year.

bf4b54c88828754b608364da862aed9b.jpg

Love this! Vanilla for mom and chocolate for me.

20430b396382940da8cb111a01a4d767.jpg

Not many people in the theater. We thought the movie was great, very funny. We had skipped it when it came out on land knowing it would probably be on the ship.

Proof

6fef1d8e951c6dfb43b2a2d16dc45857.jpg

We would be making a few more visits to this fun and comfortable place

b3b57672b5f58a5449b2f151aa0123eb.jpg

After the movie we stopped by the DVC podium and my lanyard had surgery. They combined the two which I thought was too cool. Bill the DVC CM was regretting telling people at the meeting of this new found discovery.

226870600cf93fff769094eeac1795a1.jpg

More carpets

c68945892656c79bc27a0358f1f7765f.jpg

7c03e2607d852f00a2d130887566172d.jpg

The characters were already out meeting their fans

a5b823b2cb112f872308fdb1aac92dbc.jpg

I wanted to get some soda to keep in the room so we headed up to 11.

fbc6dd2e68b8a33f02facc254dff4194.jpg

009b8ec67a52de4214070bd924a58f72.jpg

b2b3be2c9892a41aa898f43cfbcc524a.jpg

176141c179de1073770a3db84d842643.jpg

3847b1a8cdedf3178c23ca0fe882745d.jpg

ace33c06d7a7ba671410efe3ac2080bc.jpg

de6fe5c8708a379c246af1086cea2765.jpg

f015ebd2c1b2a7f3450d86cff25d75d4.jpg

Back to the room to drop off my soda and we met our fabulous room steward Sam from India in the hallway. Words can not describe how fabulous Sam was. He made our trip even more special than it already was.

This was the first of his many gorgeous towel creations

807f925e2cdb91bc78252523fde167bc.jpg

1deed3a01834061871d5e76f66784c99.jpg

Next up: dinner

The Fantasy is so beautiful. Every TR that I read makes me want to go on it more and more.

I want to see the Muppets!

Ok wow, that's a gorgeous ship. Love the pics of you and your mom and the one with her and the ice cream.

What exactly did they do to your lanyard?

Your cabin looks huge. I'm glad you got a great room host. Can't wait to hear about dinner.

No opening show? I rubbed off. ;)

That atrium is amazing. pixiedust:

Maybe our third cruise will be on one of the newer ships.

Looks like a great start to the cruise! The Fantasy looks so beautiful. I can't wait to sail her. How nice going to the movies that night. We love that movie theatre. Your cabin is awesome! I think a great move to have the space inside that a verandah takes up anyway! Wonderful room well researched! Good position too. Jo and I now realise how important this is on the big ships. Isn't it great when you are aft near the elevators, straight up to the drinks!

Yum re the ice cream I liked the the formula! But spare the cone go for the drinks cup lol. Or popcorn bucket full..

Cute towel creation I love that one! How cute. I wonder if any of them can do a turtle?

Have you a photo of the combined lanyard? That sounds super cool!

I love the Beach Club Turtles. They feed them from the bridge in the mornings which is why they are so keen checking people out that stand on that bridge.

I am sorry that the transfers caused you so much stress. We had a a similar experience at the Grand Californian in 2011 and would not take DCL transfers from the resorts again. We have taken DME back to the airport from WDW and picked up the transfer from there, which worked great and also got us to the port much earlier.

How very strange to have the DVC meet before the safety drill. On most of our cruises it has taken place in the morning of the first sea day and I think on our only 4 nighter it was in the afternoon of a port day.

I love the look of your stateroom. We had a similar stateroom on the Wonder last month, but that was not quite so spacious.

I am reading your trip report with particular interest this time round. If we have to settle for plan B for our May 2015, we are planning to try one of the big ships as part of this. It is most likely going to be the Dream, but I think they are similar enough to give me an idea.

Corinna

Aw man, too bad it wasn't a smoother morning that day. A lot of miscommunication it seems.

That is so neat that there are turles in the water! DH would have loved that:hyper:

Wow that was a speedy check-in to get onboard!

So there is a DCL app? What does it do?

Love the pictures of the atrium. The carpet looks like a peacock design! Very cool.

Wow your room is very big! I'll have to keep this room number in mind if we ever get to go on the Fantasy someday. We just can't pull ourselves away from WDW, even though we know how fabulous DCL is. In fact, remember waaaay back in 2011 for our Mexican Riviera cruise? We had booked a dummy cruise and technically that cruise is supposed to be coming up in October. But I heard that you can no longer push your dates out. Is that true? What are my options for that cruise, since we obviously won't be able to cruise those actual dates.

:lmao:your mom looks so happy with the icecream!

Haven't seen the new muppet movie, but will definitely purchase it when it comes out on Blu-ray.

The Fantasy is so beautiful. Every TR that I read makes me want to go on it more and more.

I want to see the Muppets!

That Muppets was so funny, very worth seeing.

I've enjoyed all the ships but the Fantasy is really special. If it was the size of the Magic/Wonder it would be even better! But I still haven't sailed on the Magic, that will be next year.

Ok wow, that's a gorgeous ship. Love the pics of you and your mom and the one with her and the ice cream.

She is a ham! :laughing: ice cream and cruising, we were happy campers!

What exactly did they do to your lanyard?

I'll take a picture if I don't have one already. They actually cut part it off and combined the two. I liked that I didn't have to choose which one I wanted to wear.

Your cabin looks huge. I'm glad you got a great room host. Can't wait to hear about dinner.

He was an awesome steward. I took pictures whenever he'd leave us extras.

No opening show? I rubbed off. ;)

::yes:: and we liked it!

That atrium is amazing. pixiedust:

More pictures later, probably too many but they're all getting posted :laughing:

Maybe our third cruise will be on one of the newer ships.

I love it, already thinking about cruise number 3!!!!

Looks like a great start to the cruise! The Fantasy looks so beautiful. I can't wait to sail her. How nice going to the movies that night. We love that movie theatre. Your cabin is awesome! I think a great move to have the space inside that a verandah takes up anyway! Wonderful room well researched! Good position too. Jo and I now realise how important this is on the big ships. Isn't it great when you are aft near the elevators, straight up to the drinks!

Mom really likes the verandah so I had to ok the change with her and she was very pleased with the change. We could always go out to the public areas if we wanted sun.

We've now stayed midship, Forward, and Aft, all have their own positives. We've loved each room we've stayed in but all this extra space was soooo nice.

Yum re the ice cream I liked the the formula! But spare the cone go for the drinks cup lol. Or popcorn bucket full..

Not enough room inside the belly!

Cute towel creation I love that one! How cute. I wonder if any of them can do a turtle?

The turtle we've seen has been more of a big blob than a turtle.

Have you a photo of the combined lanyard? That sounds super cool!

Im going to look, if not I'll take one.

That Muppets was so funny, very worth seeing. I've enjoyed all the ships but the Fantasy is really special. If it was the size of the Magic/Wonder it would be even better! But I still haven't sailed on the Magic, that will be next year.
how nice re The Magic. How strange so are we lol...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!