A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

Yes. At least... maybe? Verrrry early planning stages. It would be in May. I like the idea of seeing the Keys, always been on my bucket list.
May hit you up for some tips. :)

I'm always happy to share my knowledge about Disney cruises!

Love your trip reports! I’m joining in (reading) about all the fun. Safe travels!

:welcome:

Thank you! We're halfway there!

Following along! I enjoy reading your TRs!!!

Glad you're along for the ride!

Following along! We really need to meet up some time at Disneyland since we are all locals!

I just wish I got out there more often! Would love to meet up!

Well here it is Day 0, I am all packed, carry on is basically ready to go, we are checked in for our flights, and I am still waiting on Fran to get me items like extra belts, and other such things as well as put together her carry on bag. I'm more prepared than for trips past, we also skipped band last night so that helped. While we played hooky from band I packed all the suitcases with the clothes that I had hanging in the guest room, so I was happy to have that done. I did have some unplanned tasks to accomplish when I woke this morning.

You see for those who aren't aware, we sell the extra items we buy out at the park that we don't have room for in our house, on eBay. In addition we have lots of musical instruments (possibly enough to make a whole band, heavy on the clarinets and saxophones) and we are selling off these items. Last March I sold my secondary flute to a guy who saw my shoes in the picture with the flute and has been trying to get me to sell them to him ever since. He offered $100 which was half the retail price, how often does something on the resale market actually fetch 50% of the original retail price? Even cars lose half their value as soon as you drive them off the lot! Well since I had purchased a second pair I was OK to get rid of the shoes and they were well worn. I figured why not sell them to this guy (as freaky as he might be). You see I'm pretty sure he has a foot fetish, I asked why he wanted the shoes and how he knew they would fit? He said he didn't plan on wearing them, at which point I was a little creeped out, but you know what? A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks and whatever he wants to do is ok with my shoes, I would have donated them to a thrift store anyways, so I'm OK with that!

Before going to bed two nights before the trip, I sent him a PayPal invoice for the shoes with shipping. He paid within minutes and even said that I could send it after our vacay.

But I told you we had some unexpected surprises. When we go away Fran changes our eBay listings to say that items will ship after “X" date, x being a day or two after we get back. Well she hadn't finished modifying the listings and lo and behold we sold two figures overnight, now I was very pleased to find over $500 in our PayPal account, but I was not pleased that I had to buy a box at Lowe's to ship one of the items. Luckily I had to go there anyways to pick up a couple packs of blinds for the apartment that's under renovation. The contractor is working on it while we are gone and hopefully it will be ready for cleaning when we get back and it will be rented soon.

So after doing our landlordly duties (buying blinds and delivering notices of how to contact us or Naked Jim while on the cruise ship), and eBay tasks, it was time to get the last of our items packed and load up the car.

I'm finishing up this account from the first leg of our journey on the plane, and I'm happy to say that I did get some sleep last night. Fran says we went to bed at 9PM. Somehow I don't quite believe it was that early, but I did wake up easily at 3AM, which i cant believe I'm actually saying that. And we made it to the airport with no incidents and had plenty of time to board. We enjoyed this pizza as our breakfast of champions.

I slept for the first couple hours of the flight and now I believe that I am awake enough at this point that I will get some coffee when our plane lands in Houston, where I will most likely post this chapter. Then it may be some time until you hear from me next as i will be busy having fun and not have access to good WiFi!

TaTa For Now!

What? You actually slept a night before a trip?!?! Go you!

And people are creepy when it comes to feet - my instagram post about my sprained ankle got me some creepy direct messages....

Have a safe rest of your journey!

I'm always happy to share my knowledge about Disney cruises!

I know you are. You've made that offer before. :)

I am still waiting on Fran

You could've stopped right there.

we also skipped band last night so that helped

Good. You've mentioned before how tough this is.

Last March I sold my secondary flute to a guy who saw my shoes in the picture with the flute and has been trying to get me to sell them to him ever since. He offered $100 which was half the retail price, how often does something on the resale market actually fetch 50% of the original retail price? Even cars lose half their value as soon as you drive them off the lot! Well since I had purchased a second pair I was OK to get rid of the shoes and they were well worn. I figured why not sell them to this guy (as freaky as he might be). You see I'm pretty sure he has a foot fetish, I asked why he wanted the shoes and how he knew they would fit? He said he didn't plan on wearing them, at which point I was a little creeped out, but you know what? A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks and whatever he wants to do is ok with my shoes, I would have donated them to a thrift store anyways, so I'm OK with that!

:eek:

Um....... okay then...

Well, to each his own, I guess.

we sold two figures overnight, now I was very pleased to find over $500 in our PayPal account,

Nice!

but I was not pleased that I had to buy a box at Lowe's to ship one of the items.

That you don't need, though.... but since you were going anyways, I guess it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I'm happy to say that I did get some sleep last night.

Yay! That's a rarity.

And... dang it! I could've sworn you were leaving Friday.
Well, hopefully you'll see this...

Have a great trip!!!!!!

I just wish I got out there more often! Would love to meet up!
I'll have to send you a message when you get back!

Last March I sold my secondary flute to a guy who saw my shoes in the picture with the flute and has been trying to get me to sell them to him ever since. He offered $100 which was half the retail price, how often does something on the resale market actually fetch 50% of the original retail price? Even cars lose half their value as soon as you drive them off the lot! Well since I had purchased a second pair I was OK to get rid of the shoes and they were well worn. I figured why not sell them to this guy (as freaky as he might be). You see I'm pretty sure he has a foot fetish, I asked why he wanted the shoes and how he knew they would fit? He said he didn't plan on wearing them, at which point I was a little creeped out, but you know what? A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks and whatever he wants to do is ok with my shoes, I would have donated them to a thrift store anyways, so I'm OK with that!
Yeah... that's a little bit weird! Though, I have to admit, if I had bought a replacement pair for my shoes and someone offered me $100 for my used ones, I probably would bite too!

You see for those who aren't aware, we sell the extra items we buy out at the park that we don't have room for in our house, on eBay. In addition we have lots of musical instruments (possibly enough to make a whole band, heavy on the clarinets and saxophones) and we are selling off these items. Last March I sold my secondary flute to a guy who saw my shoes in the picture with the flute and has been trying to get me to sell them to him ever since. He offered $100 which was half the retail price, how often does something on the resale market actually fetch 50% of the original retail price? Even cars lose half their value as soon as you drive them off the lot! Well since I had purchased a second pair I was OK to get rid of the shoes and they were well worn. I figured why not sell them to this guy (as freaky as he might be). You see I'm pretty sure he has a foot fetish, I asked why he wanted the shoes and how he knew they would fit? He said he didn't plan on wearing them, at which point I was a little creeped out, but you know what? A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks and whatever he wants to do is ok with my shoes, I would have donated them to a thrift store anyways, so I'm OK with that!
Uhhhh....

:scared:

ok. But, like you say... $100 is $100. Enjoy a few drinks.

Have a great cruise and I can't wait to read another of your TR when you get back.

Joining in :wave2:

Sounds like a fun trip! I'll be going on the Fantasy next April for the first time with he same itinerary so I can't wait to read more :-)

A live update! How exciting! This sounds like a very promising start to the trip and I hope that it is a good sign and that the rest will go as smoothly!

Have fun tonight at the party!

Yay an in progress update! Happy travel day, hope the rest of your journey is uneventful.

How very odd re the shoes but $100 is $100 right!

Howdy from Alison's couch! I arrived last night at about 12:30AM and Alison and I chatted a bit before I passed out! Can't wait to get on the ship tomorrow!

Jill in CO
Have a good trip to you too!

Wow I'm impressed you slept before you left on a trip, that's amazing. Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter