A Magical 50th birthday celebration at WDW (and some bonus trips too...6/13 Update)

So we are back...and we had a fabulous trip overall. It was so great to have characters pose for photos during meals again and see them interact with people, especially the kids. We returned to some favorite places and some places we hadn't been to in a while. On the negative side, the last night before our final day I started feeling a bit blah...stomach pains. Woke up with a lot of congestion and sore throat and just overall my son and I felt blah. Unfortunately that was our Space 220 day and we were so looking forward to it so we did go and the food was good...we just didn't have appetites. If we could have caught an earlier flight that wasn't terribly expensive we would have, but instead we just went to the airport early, something I HATE doing. Returned home after 10:30pm...and all 3 of us tested positive for COVID.

Good times.

Thankfully we are vaccinated and boosted so that may have helped us have somewhat mild symptoms. After our first two days of decongestant and tylenol we were able to stop that. We just quarantined in our own house from our other two kids and I did a few online grocery orders and just went to pick up those, having them load into the trunk of my car and not getting out. That worked out well.

Plus the older kids could run out for stuff when we needed it too.

In any case, looks like we will be returning in July for a few nights, with at least one other kid. All I know is we will do at least ONE park day...for EPCOT...because we were fortunate enough to ride Guardians 4 times while there and it was THE BEST ride! LOVED it!

Sounds like you had a great trip right up until the end. So sorry you got covid but glad it didn’t take too much out of you all. Hopefully, now that you’ve had it, it will top up your immunity for a while at least. You’ll be back at EPCOT in no time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter