A little rant about the 60 day window prejudice against DVC owners

Not true. Disney reservations and DVC both told me that a Disney reservation through Disney can have the reservations linked so its a continuous reservation.
Well, none of the people on the Dining board seem to think so--according to all of them, a split stay at different resorts can't be linked, but reservations might be made by hand. For example, see this thread from just last month.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/split-stay-and-dining-60-day-window.3904097/

Every instance of a thread containing the words "split stay" I looked at in that forum when I searched those terms just now says the same thing.

Edited to add: a split stay at the same resort and in the same category can be linked, but it's also possible to do that with DVC reservations. It's possible that's what the CM was talking about, but it also would not be the first time a CM on the phone was mistaken about something.

Last edited:
I phoned Disney dining for my August 2022 reservation and they booked for me 60+10 when we had a split stay. I believe they transferred me to someone due to the split stay and they handled everything.

Not true. Disney reservations and DVC both told me that a Disney reservation through Disney can have the reservations linked so its a continuous reservation.
I think they just gave you an excuse. Neither can be linked for ADR purposes. The folks on the phone can (apparently a recent change) book ADR's for the duration, but you have to get someone on the phone who knows how.

This. It's not "prejudice against DVC owners" it is just how the system works for split stays.

According to folks on the Dining boards, you can sometimes get a CM on the phone who will book the second half of your stay for you in the first-half 60-day window, but it's definitely a hit-or-miss thing; not everyone on the phone can/will do it.
On 2/9, the 60 day mark for my 10 day split April stay, I called the dining services line and the CM entered all three of my DVC stays (using confirmation codes) into what he called a “special account” that he created and submitted to a supervisor for instant approval. He then searched the entirety of my stay as one 10 day stretch. Unfortunately, Space 220 was sold out by the time this was completed around 8am PST. I searched online at 3am PST using my 3 day split stay and there was nothing then either. So it’s still a disadvantage for the most coveted ADRs because you have to wait for a CM on the phone.

On 2/9, the 60 day mark for my 10 day split April stay, I called the dining services line and the CM entered all three of my DVC stays (using confirmation codes) into what he called a “special account” that he created and submitted to a supervisor for instant approval. He then searched the entirety of my stay as one 10 day stretch. Unfortunately, Space 220 was sold out by the time this was completed around 8am PST. I searched online at 3am PST using my 3 day split stay and there was nothing then either. So it’s still a disadvantage for the most coveted ADRs because you have to wait for a CM on the phone.
But it again isn't prejudice against DVC, it's "prejudice" against anyone with a split stay.

I agree. I thought this was very accommodating.
Agreed, although I don't know why the system can't just be programmed to see split stays as continuous stays like it did for FP+ before the COVID shutdown. It seems like that would make things simpler for everybody.

Pretty much everything that was booked on my 60 day dates ( Top., Space, and Ohana) was available 24 hours prior for 4 people. Just not always 6-7 pm

If I really had to the S/D room idea would work but that will go away if everyone does it.

I don’t mind eating at 5:30 so I will not bother in the future with 60 day ADRs

I agree. There is much more competition for ADRs at the 60 day mark vs the 180 mark. 180 worked well when you booked Disney Vacation Club at the 7 month at a minimum. Disney Vacation Club owners are use to planning ahead. Now all of these late bookers “non-planners” have same access to ADRs at 60 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter