A la carte restaurants?

ptlohmysoul

DIS Veteran
At which restaurants/quick service can you order a la carte? They all seem to have planned meals rather than sides. We have very picky children, who one day will eat baked potato only, another day broccoli, etc. (Although they'll eat junk food every day, but would like them to eat something healthy on our trip at WDW.) TIA!

I have a vegetarian 13 year old (or should I say pastafarian lol-pickiest child known to mankind!!!)

At Tony's and Mama Melroses, we were able to get pasta with sauce without the meat for our vegetarian girl. I would think at non price-fixed restaurants, you could easily order a la carte.

I don't have an answer but at Cinderella's Royal Table, they allowed my older kids to order adult size portions of the kids menu (or kids portions of adult menu) and switch out rice for mashed potatoes, etc. I asked the customer service person when planning the trip and I got a personal email from Chef Bubba that he would work around whatever mood my kids were in that day.

At Garden Grille, we got a kids meal in adult size also -though it took some effort there because our waiter didn't seem to understand that vegetarian girl wanted mac and cheese and not the vegetarian plate (Polenta w/grilled veggies-looked wonderful but she doesn't like polenta).

At quick services, you can order without fries or just order fries, etc. There is a place in Magic kingdom in Liberty square that had just a baked potato as a snack credit.

I've never had a problem switching around sides (as long as they are things already on the menu) at any WDW location, CS or TS. So, for instance, even if the meal comes with fries, they will sub broccoli instead.

You should be able to order a la carte at all the quick service locations. Even though the menus list full meals you can order any of those items on their own i.e. just a burger, just a fries, or the whole meal with a burger and fries. If you were to order just a burger, for instance, the price would go down to reflect the a la cart price.

When in doubt, just ask when you order ;)

At which restaurants/quick service can you order a la carte? They all seem to have planned meals rather than sides. We have very picky children, who one day will eat baked potato only, another day broccoli, etc. (Although they'll eat junk food every day, but would like them to eat something healthy on our trip at WDW.) TIA!

You can order just sides at ANY Disney restaurant. I've done it. As I tell my husband, look at the entire menu and if something is listed on it, you can order it alone. Or combined with something else. Your child likes a baked potato and broccoli and both are on the menu, order it. Disney will provide.

You can order things without sauce, you can change sides, you can order just an entree, you can just order an appetizer. You can pretty much do whatever you want at Disney World.

As a PP mentioned, for counter service, you can order things separately. A basket served with fries but you just want the burger? You can do that. Grapes offered as a side - you can order just those. Same with just fries.

Look at the entire menu and then pick what the kids will want. Very easy.

Disney is the most accommodating dining place for people with allergies and finicky children alike.

This is not a reason to worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter