A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

have an app on my phone that connects to the library here, but I only use it for audio books. I like listening while I run.

I can borrow audio books but just haven't tried it yet.

Slowly, but... yes. I'm hoping for more and better news in the next few days. The current border restrictions are set to expire (again) on Wednesday. Unfortunately your cases are spiking again. Last week you had a 44% increase in cases from the prior week with 44 States (odd that it's the same number) reporting increases. Florida had the most cases, while Tennessee, California and Alabama all had over 100% increases. With numbers like that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the border remains closed until those numbers start reversing.

The number of cases has really gone up. More people need to get the vaccine.

Any news yet?

Even the two dogs are female. The estrogen levels in the house are through the roof! :laughing:

Oh dear!

The number of cases has really gone up. More people need to get the vaccine.
That's what the message is. Not everyone likes the message or the ones giving out the message, unfortunately.
Any news yet?
Yes and no. We've opened the border (effective Aug 9.) US citizens who are fully vaccinated can enter now.
But that doesn't affect me. The US border is still closed to Canadians going south. Now it's up to your side. :)
But with spikes going on... I dunno if it will happen soon.
:laughing:

That's what the message is. Not everyone likes the message or the ones giving out the message, unfortunately.

Sad but true.

Now it's up to your side. :)
But with spikes going on... I dunno if it will happen soon.

I see it as another cycle and things will come back around. In time people will either be vaccinated or have had it. I feel better knowing I'm vaccinated and even if I get Covid it will not affect me greatly.

DHS-Thursday, December 19th- Nighttime is the Best Time

When we walked outside after dinner it was dark and the lovely Christmas lights were shinning. It just a little after 6 pm so we had some time to kill before Fantasmic. We headed to Toy Storyland first so we could use the last 2 FPs we had. Dennis once again declined to ride so Danielle rode with Michelle. I can't remember what we did with John Paul while they rode but I'm sure it included a stop in the restrooms.

After Slinky Dog we wandered back into Galaxy Edge so Michelle could see it lit up and had way too much fun taking pictures of the area, playing with the lightsaber and even meeting Rey.

Lots more photos to share in next post. . . . .

We really did take a lot of pictures this night. Sorry not sorry.

We ran into Rey and some Stormtroopers. It was really neat that Rey visited with John Paul for a bit. Dennis let John Paul show her we were with the Resistance and Skywalkers.

We also took some of our favorite Photo Pass Pictures of the trip.

Once we were done playing, Dennis insisted we go to the last showing of Frozen Ever After since Michelle had not seen it and it was the Holiday version. We really like this show but I was reluctant to see it again. Looking back I'm so happy we did this.

Continued in next post. . . .

This was the last show of the night and was the most fun I have ever had in this show. If you like things to go perfectly this was not the show for you, but if you like impromptu fun you would have loved it too. The male Historian was Equity Ben from Instagram and he is the best. This ended up being the last time we would see him since he officially retired from Disney during the shutdown.

This was the first time we saw this particular female Historian but she and Ben played off of each other so well. I think this is same female Historian that Liesa likes too. There were time when they were laughing so hard right along with the audience.

After having the best time ever in Frozen we started making our way down Sunset Blvd towards Fantasmic. We once again enjoyed the Christmas lights along the way.

We flashed our card from dinner and got our special seats. Check out our selfie while we waited for Fantasmic to start. I love the lady photo bombing us. In the next picture Danielle is telling Michelle about it.

Almost done. . .

Fantasmic was the perfect ending for a really great day. This is Danielle's favorite night time show. When we went in 2017 for her High School graduation it was rained out, so it was a must for this trip.

I really hope this comes back soon. I know I'm not the only one missing it.

We walked out with all the crowds and said goodbye to DHS for this trip. There was a line for the Skyliner but it was moving fast and I think it took us maybe 20 minutes from the time we entered the line until we got off at Pop. It was cool this night so the vents were not open and thanks to Dennis we all lived to regret that, except for John Paul since he feel asleep.

This is what greeted us when we got back to our room.

This ended up being a really good day even though it was very long and I did not get the break I wanted. I think we did most of what we wanted to do. We had lots of great moments and shared lots of memories. I walked 22,046 steps.

Up next is our last park day and it was an Early Entry Day. Lets see if we can make rope drop.

I see it as another cycle and things will come back around. In time people will either be vaccinated or have had it. I feel better knowing I'm vaccinated and even if I get Covid it will not affect me greatly.
I feel the same. But those who aren't vaccinating are certainly delaying life getting back to normal. Ah well, they'll either not catch it, or catch it. I think you're right, eventually it'll settle down and return to a more normal.
I can't remember what we did with John Paul while they rode but I'm sure it included a stop in the restrooms.
Of course. ::yes::
After Slinky Dog we wandered back into Galaxy Edge so Michelle could see it lit up and had way too much fun taking pictures of the area, playing with the lightsaber and even meeting Rey.
I've never seen it lit up. Haven't been to DHS at night in a while.

Love these two shots in particular. :)
:lmao: Nooooo!!!
Awww. :)
We really did take a lot of pictures this night. Sorry not sorry.
I'm not sorry! More!
And again, I like the motion blur of the lightsaber.
Dennis let John Paul show her we were with the Resistance and Skywalkers.
:thumbsup2
We also took some of our favorite Photo Pass Pictures of the trip.
I can see why. :)
Lookin' bada$$ there!
Once we were done playing, Dennis insisted we go to the last showing of Frozen Ever After since Michelle had not seen it
Then you have to!!!
If you like things to go perfectly this was not the show for you, but if you like impromptu fun you would have loved it too.
Those are the best shows. As long as the historians are up to it.
I think this is same female Historian that Liesa likes too.
I'm pretty sure it is. I like her too.
Had no idea they did that!
Check out our selfie while we waited for Fantasmic to start. I love the lady photo bombing us.
:laughing: Me too! And the next shot is just as fun! :goodvibes
There was a line for the Skyliner but it was moving fast and I think it took us maybe 20 minutes from the time we entered the line until we got off at Pop.
Not bad!
It was cool this night so the vents were not open and thanks to Dennis we all lived to regret that,
I wondered if you meant he opened the vents and it was cool, but then...
:lmao: :rotfl:
I walked 22,046 steps.
Whoa!

But those who aren't vaccinating are certainly delaying life getting back to normal.

Yes they are putting themselves in danger. I know there are lots of people who have a valid reason for not getting the shot.

I've never seen it lit up. Haven't been to DHS at night in a while.

Put this on your list for next time. GE is so cool at night.

I'm not sorry! More!

I'm so glad you appreciate all the photos. We still have so many more from this night.

And again, I like the motion blur of the lightsaber.

Me too.

Those are the best shows. As long as the historians are up to it.

The historians were on point.

I'm pretty sure it is. I like her too.

Another vote for her.

Had no idea they did that!

It's a Holiday tag. You can stand in the middle of Sunset Blvd and just watch it over and over as the Snope hits you.

We were impressed.

I wondered if you meant he opened the vents and it was cool, but then...

I was hoping the photo was self-explanatory.

Put this on your list for next time. GE is so cool at night.
It is! It is!
I'm so glad you appreciate all the photos. We still have so many more from this night.
They were great! ::yes::
The historians were on point.
Great when that happens. :)
It's a Holiday tag. You can stand in the middle of Sunset Blvd and just watch it over and over as the Snope hits you.
I'll say Nope to the Snope. I get enough of the real stuff at home.
I was hoping the photo was self-explanatory.
It was hilarious! :laughing:

Even the two dogs are female. The estrogen levels in the house are through the roof!
As someone who lives in a house with 3 males (daughter is married so I'm the lone female) this made me laugh out loud :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I'm not a big reader, but Jimmy is. He and Mom share books from time to time. He did a lot of the audio books while he would drive from store to store, when he was living in Delaware. Lotta driving, lotta audio books.
I like reading but haven't got into audiobooks. Did you read Cabin Girls? It was written by @amazingact21 here on the Dis. I really enjoyed it. So glad Jimmy is home now for you all.
I still PREFER the sillhouette. But for long term, there's just more out there with the Cricut. The sillhouette, in my opinion, makes it so much easier to do a lot of different things. Like, if I have an idea in my head, I can easily figure out how to make it come to life in the sillhouette. Cricut is much more basic, therefore much more complicated, when it comes to manipulating images into how you have it designed in your mind. So it's more easily marketable, and more user-friendly to people that might not do this stuff often or buy a lot of images. But I like to create stuff, and I find it easier on the sillhoutte.
I must find out more about these machines as my daughter really enjoys arts and crafts and I think one of these would make a perfect birthday/Christmas gift.
I hope so. We stayed in a Family Suite there in 2017 so a regular room should be good for the 2 of us. I think they have all been updated like POP.
An updated room is always a bonus:thumbsup2
I like they way he thinks.
:rotfl:Me too! He's my fussiest eater by far but boy does he like his chocolate cake :rotfl:
She hasn't been complaining so hopefully it is.
Fingers crossed. I have so many tiny scars from hitting the oven rack or the edge of the iron over the years.
If she has a scare it will always remind her of her time in Disney.:goodvibes
You really are an optimistic soul :goodvibes
She really loves getting them.
A wee piece of home:love:
All 3 of the kids have some talent. I don't have talent just patience.
I beg to disagree. You created 3 kids (might have had some help from Denis there) and it doesn't get more creative than that :rotfl: Plus I've seen some other things you've made for parties etc and they're gorgeous
The number of cases has really gone up.
Same here 😪
More people need to get the vaccine.
Definitely! About 78% of adults here are vaccinated or partially vaccinated but the uptake by the 18-30 group is poor even though it's available to them all:confused3 There is talk of making it compulsory to show proof of vaccination to allow entrance into bars/restaurants/nightclubs etc in an effort to "encourage" them to get jabbed. We shall see what happens.
That's what the message is. Not everyone likes the message or the ones giving out the message, unfortunately
True. I don't understand why but you are so right.
The US border is still closed to Canadians
Closed to us Irish too.
I feel better knowing I'm vaccinated and even if I get Covid it will not affect me greatly.
The vaccine has given us great peace of mind. As you say, at least if we get covid we tried our best not to and we should be fine regardless.
we wandered back into Galaxy Edge so Michelle could see it lit up and had way too much fun taking pictures of the area, playing with the lightsaber and even meeting Rey.
It looks amazing! I love all your photos from this area especially the first group one where everyone is smiling and laughing. I can't figure out how to quote photos to show you but I'm sure you know the one I mean. Sometimes technology and I don't get along:rotfl:
Dennis insisted we go to the last showing of Frozen Ever After
Well done Denis. Great call 👏👍
This was the last show of the night and was the most fun I have ever had in this show.
If you like things to go perfectly this was not the show for you, but if you like impromptu fun you would have loved it too.
Sounds like so much fun!
The male Historian was Equity Ben
So glad you got to see him one last time before he retired.:rotfl::rotfl:
After having the best time ever in Frozen we started making our way down Sunset Blvd towards Fantasmic. We once again enjoyed the Christmas lights along the way.
This just reminded me how much I want to go for Christmas. It looks so beautiful all decked out in it's Christmas finery :love:
It was cool this night so the vents were not open and thanks to Dennis we all lived to regret that,
Priceless photo :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This is what greeted us when we got back to our room.
Awww!
This ended up being a really good day
You did so much and it just sounded like a lot of fun :goodvibes
We had lots of great moments and shared lots of memories. I walked 22,046 steps.
A perfect day at Disney :love:

I must find out more about these machines as my daughter really enjoys arts and crafts and I think one of these would make a perfect birthday/Christmas gift.

These really are great gifts.

Me too! He's my fussiest eater by far but boy does he like his chocolate cake

We might get along cause chocolate cake is my favorite.

I beg to disagree. You created 3 kids (might have had some help from Denis there) and it doesn't get more creative than that :rotfl: Plus I've seen some other things you've made for parties etc and they're gorgeous
Thank you!

Definitely! About 78% of adults here are vaccinated or partially vaccinated but the uptake by the 18-30 group is poor even though it's available to them all:confused3 There is talk of making it compulsory to show proof of vaccination to allow entrance into bars/restaurants/nightclubs etc in an effort to "encourage" them to get jabbed. We shall see what happens.

We're having trouble with that age range too. There are state here now offering lotteries to get more people to vaccinate.

I had trouble quoting some of you post but loved all your comments.

I just have to say that the ads are killing me! This is so frustration. I don't about anyone else but the ad at the top of each page grow tooooo big and the ad at the bottom of the page blocks the blue arrow that I love using to get back to the top of the page. Is anyone else experiencing this same frustration?

I just have to say that the ads are killing me! This is so frustration. I don't about anyone else but the ad at the top of each page grow tooooo big and the ad at the bottom of the page blocks the blue arrow that I love using to get back to the top of the page. Is anyone else experiencing this same frustration?

Yes! It is driving me crazy too. Also - loved the HS update. I have not done Disney at Christmastime yet. We are either doing Fall Break 2022 or start of Christmas break. Your pictures are making me want to do Christmastime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter