• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Not that you're counting or anything... :rolleyes1

Of course not, but now it's 33.

I just heard about that. Sad, but... I suppose better than the alternative? (spreading Covid more easily and/or infecting more people.)

I understand the need for masks.

So... what is that?
I mean, I know what Bingo is and I get that the prize is groceries, but... where was this? For CPs? At a store?

The CP program holds this at the complex to help the kids out.

Huh. So many places.
Does she like moving around, or would she prefer to stick to one spot?

She likes moving around as far as not getting so board but it doesn't help with making friends at work if your with different people every day.

She... had someone take a photo of her... in the shower????

I'm guessing she put the camera on the floor in a changing room in the CM bathroom near costuming.

Stunning shot!

Yes it is!

Of course not, but now it's 33.
Definitely not counting...
The CP program holds this at the complex to help the kids out.
Really! That's great!
She likes moving around as far as not getting so board but it doesn't help with making friends at work if your with different people every day.
I get that.
I'm guessing she put the camera on the floor in a changing room in the CM bathroom near costuming.
It's more fun, my way.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I've been reading and following along, just have been terrible at commenting! Love all the updates covering Danielle and the CP. So interesting to read about and hear some "behind the scenes" stories.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I've been reading and following along, just have been terrible at commenting! Love all the updates covering Danielle and the CP. So interesting to read about and hear some "behind the scenes" stories.

Alicia I'm so glad you're still here.

I'm really worried people will be bored with the DCP updates. I know I like getting an inside view, but I'm her Mom and partial.

I'm really worried people will be bored with the DCP updates. I know I like getting an inside view, but I'm her Mom and partial.
Understandable.

But... I'm enjoying them. Just speaking for myself... but suspect I'm speaking for the majority, too.

Friday, December 20th-Magic Kingdom-Our Last Park Day :sad1:

We have finally arrived at our Last Park Day. This is always a sad day for me. I never want to leave. I can't say the same for the rest of my family, but I'm never ready. I was very glad we were spending our last day in my favorite park-Magic Kingdom. Originally the park was going to open at 9 with EMH starting at 8, but somewhere along the way it was extended with an opening time of 8 and EMH starting at 7 am. We had had a very full and long day the day before so it was dicey on if everyone would be up and ready that early.

The plans for the day were a lunch ADR @ Be Our Guest @ 12:15 and a dinner ADR at Story Book Dining @ Artist Point @ 6:05 pm. This was something brand new for us and something we were very much looking forward to doing. There was another MVMCP that night so the park was closing at 6. We had a FP for Enchanted Tales w/Belle @ 9:30, Buzz Lightyear @ 10:40-11:40 and the Jingle Cruise @ 12:50-1:50. We wanted to try to catch what we missed on our party night and things we knew John Paul would enjoy. This was also our Prince/Princess dress day for Michelle, JP and I. Danielle went with Pooh Bear and Dennis did his normal Grumpy wear.

So did we make rope drop?

Well not all of us did. When the alarms started going off I was the only one who got up. Everyone else hit snooze. I have never gone to a park on my own but I have often threatened to do just that. How many times have a stated "If you're not ready by so and so time I'm leaving you" and never actually done it? This was our very last park day and I was not going to miss any of it. I got ready alone and headed out. John Paul did wake up right before I left but he just stayed in the bed playing with Michelle's Apple watch while she snoozed.

I don't remember what time I caught a bus but I was seeing this before 7 am. It was very tempting.
Still not quite light when I saw the train station.

Not quite 7 am when the toy soldiers greeted me.

Once I entered the park I really didn't know what to do. The only time I had ever spent any alone time was in 2018 when I went with Michelle and Jimmy and we separated for awhile so I could go ride some rides. Most times we're doing what the group wants to do. So what did I want to do on my own? My first stop was for a picture in front of the tree.

Can you guess my Princess? I was going for very bright colors.

I made my way down Main Street amazed that the castle was still lit up. It was so pretty.

I worked my way around the Castle.

I followed the masses to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I was making my way through the line by 7:14 am.

Continued in next post. . . .

I enjoyed my quick ride. If you dressed as Snow White you have to start your day with the dwarfs, am I right?

My next ride was my very favorite Fantasyland ride of course, Peter Pan. The line was not long so I got to enjoy the queue, but we were moving pretty fast.

I backtracked a little and did something else I had never done, I got in line to meet the Princesses. I have often waited in line for the kids to take pictures but never for me. I visited with Tianna and we talked about Gumbo, Thanksgiving dinner and all the great food in our home state of Louisiana. I also visited with Rapunzel and she was just so cute.

I had been in the park for about an hour and was feeling a little hungry. We normally get breakfast at the Starbucks but since I was in Fantasyland and it was not crowded I headed to Gaston's to get a cinnamon roll. It was huge and yes I did eat the whole thing by myself.

After my belly was full I was ready to ride another ride to headed to Pooh.

I didn't know what to do next and I didn't want to go to far into the park in hopes that the others would be coming soon. I walked back to the front of the park to something else I have never done. I walked all the way to front so I could ride one of the Main Street vehicles back to the Castle. And I am terrible at selfies. I enjoyed my ride and would love to do this again someday.

I'm going to stop here but I do have more alone time to share.

No, I love the DCP updates!! I'm terrible about commenting, but enjoying every installment! I also loved seeing you in Magic Kingdom on your own - I actually really like doing the parks by myself, it just makes me happy to walk around and look at everything :) And MK is especially beautiful during the holidays :love:

No, I love the DCP updates!!

Thank you! Another vote for DCP.

I also loved seeing you in Magic Kingdom on your own - I actually really like doing the parks by myself, it just makes me happy to walk around and look at everything

I was enjoying my morning. So much to see.

And MK is especially beautiful during the holidays :love:

Yes it is! I'm hoping The decorations will be up when we go at Thanksgiving.

I love the DCP updates so please keep them coming. I love that you got some alone time in MK. I've done that in EPCOT and absolutely loved every moment of it. Matthew and I have also gone to MK many times on our own while the others chill at the pool. He is my wee partner in crime for all things WDW and loves the coasters there plus he's always eager to go early in our trips (thank you jet lag lol).
You look fab in your photos :love:

I'm not happy I'm going to have to wear a mask indoors. I understand and I'm thankful I won't have to wear one everywhere, but I still don't like it.

UGH. :(
And, I think you are having to wear them all the time now, yes?

She went to Grocery Bingo and won!

What is that? I've never heard of it.

The bad news was she was in the sun all day.
OH dear. That does NOT sound fun.

A lot of the bloggers visited the Donut Box on opening day since it's one of the first booths after you enter the park. She missed Tim Tracker's visit since she was on break but she is seen 3 times in DFB's Best of the Best and she's in Paging Mr. Morrow's opening F&W blog.

She's famous!!

I mean, sort of. :)

She had to get the lemon blueberry donut and has had it more than once. She says it really is that good.

I might have to put that on my list!

She also visited Epcot by herself to try some more food. She went to Animal Kingdom by herself on her day off. She had lunch at Satuli Canteen and then sat at the bar in Nomads. She had an adult drink and some churros. She said she had a fabulous time visiting with the bartender and several guests.

She is doing this RIGHT!! Good for her!

Absolutely gorgeous!

We had a FP for Enchanted Tales w/Belle @ 9:30, Buzz Lightyear @ 10:40-11:40 and the Jingle Cruise @ 12:50-1:50.

It's so weird to see FP times. It's been just forever since this whole nonsense started. (Not chiding you for taking your time on this TR, it was just a reminder that it's been so long without them.)

This was our very last park day and I was not going to miss any of it. I got ready alone and headed out.

Good for you!!! You go girl! I love solo time!

I visited with Tianna and we talked about Gumbo, Thanksgiving dinner and all the great food in our home state of Louisiana.

Of course you did!!! This is great!!

I headed to Gaston's to get a cinnamon roll. It was huge and yes I did eat the whole thing by myself.

Whoa! Nicely done!

I walked back to the front of the park to something else I have never done. I walked all the way to front so I could ride one of the Main Street vehicles back to the Castle.

Look at you, killin' this solo time! You are doing ALLLLL the things!

I love the DCP updates so please keep them coming.

Thank you! I'm sure to have more to share.

I love that you got some alone time in MK. I've done that in EPCOT and absolutely loved every moment of it. Matthew and I have also gone to MK many times on our own while the others chill at the pool. He is my wee partner in crime for all things WDW and loves the coasters there plus he's always eager to go early in our trips (thank you jet lag lol).

I did like my alone time. You're lucky to have a MK partner. I'm sure it was great to have some one on one time in the most Magical place in the world.

You look fab in your photos :love:

Thank you! I always have such a hard time poising. The girls are much better.

UGH. :(
And, I think you are having to wear them all the time now, yes?

I think it is just indoors. I have seen some reports of in some lines. I hope things improve for everyone soon.

What is that? I've never heard of it.

The DCP program has Bingo at the complex every once in awhile and if you win you win free groceries. Something all the kids need.

She's famous!!

I mean, sort of. :)

:lmao:

I might have to put that on my list!

It's one of the rotating donuts so I don't know how often they have it.

She is doing this RIGHT!! Good for her!

I was very proud of her living her best Disney Life.

It's so weird to see FP times. It's been just forever since this whole nonsense started. (Not chiding you for taking your time on this TR, it was just a reminder that it's been so long without them.)

So much about this trip if so different from what we're living now.

Good for you!!! You go girl! I love solo time!

I knew you would appreciate it.

Look at you, killin' this solo time! You are doing ALLLLL the things!

So much more to do.

I have some upcoming Trip updates and some updates on Danielle's current DCP.

Last week I hit the 60 days out so I could make some ADRs for my Labor Day Weekend trip. I'm not planning on doing a lot of TS meals since I'll be on my own but I made a few ADRs, mostly at places I've never been and would like to try. I made all my ADRs for 2 in hopes that Danielle can go with me. She's been getting her schedule about a week and half out so I'll know in plenty of time to cancel if I don't want to eat alone. I think I'm more comfortable eating alone in a CS than a TS. No meal plans for my arrival day on the 4th. I'm be heading to Epcot as soon as I can to eat my way around. If Danielle is working I'll get to see her and if she's not she can go with me. I've never eaten at The Plaza so I have an ADR for lunch on the 5th. No meal plans for the 6th but I have 2 ADRs on the 7th. Tuesday the 7th is going to be a really busy day. I have a breakfast ADR for Topolino's for early, and an after 3 ADR for Oga's (yes, I'm going to give it another try) and then Boo Bash that night. Danielle and I have both been wanting to do the breakfast at Topolino's for awhile. I wanted the ADR for Wednesday my travel day but there was nothing available so I settled for Tuesday. Since Danielle works at Epcot the earliest she has to be at work is usually 10 am so this should not be an issue for her. The CPs are still pretty much blocked out of HS but it has been opening up by 3 pm so if she is off she can meet me for Oga's. I also made a breakfast ADR for Wednesday morning at Ale & Compass another new TS for us. It's for later in morning so I won't need to be up too early. I don't fly out until 6 that night. I'm getting really excited for this trip. I can't wait to see my baby in person and hug her.

I had been checking the Disney site several times a day trying to find a reasonable reservation for Thanksgiving week and having no luck so on 6/27 I booked our stay at the Hilton @ Disney Springs. The price was much better than anything I could find at a Disney Resort, it's right next to Disney Springs and has a lot of the same benefits the Resorts have. I stayed there with Brent and Michelle the very first time I took them to Disney in 1999 so I was really ok with staying again. I used a Mousesavers code and saved a little on he room and got free parking. I was really getting comfortable with my booking and then Disney announced that 4 more resorts would be opening by the end of the year, with 3 opening before our trip. I caved and booked Allstar Music for Thanksgiving and cancelled the Hilton. I did go back and forth . The Hilton room would be bigger and I would not be paying for parking and it's close to Disney Springs. On the side for Music is that Dennis prefers to stay on grounds, it's a little cheaper than the Hilton even with paying for parking and it's closer to where Danielle is staying. I also have a very small hope for a discount. Still working out what meals we may do and parks. I promised Dennis one day of no parks. I do know I want MK on my birthday and if they offer the HEA dessert party I want it. I do think I'm going to pass on the Holiday after hours party if it's offered that week. There is no festival at Epcot so I have no idea what Danielle will be working or where. I am excited about the Holiday stuff announced this week.

Danielle and her friends have been working and not having as much time for fun. They did make it to their first park day on 6/28 in the MK and finished up with Epcot.
View attachment 589458

She has had several rainy days.
View attachment 589459

They also hit AK on July 2nd.
View attachment 589461

I'm trying to send her a care package every other week. I made this and sent it with some other flamingo stuff.
View attachment 589462

After Flower & Garden ended she spent her deployment working the Sunshine Season's area. She worked the pretzel and popcorn stands, some inside Sunshine Season's and ran pretzels back an forth. She ended up getting a nasty burn from unloading pretzels. She did get to wear a different costume while working in this area.
View attachment 589464

View attachment 589465

Her last day working deployment was Sunday. After she got off she and her roommate MO hit HS for the first time.
View attachment 589466

Monday she worked the Germany Booth, standing outside letting people know even though the lights were on and food was being cooked it was not open. This was a tester type day for the Executives. She did get to try all the food from the Germany Booth and enjoyed being paid to wave at people. They also got to do a backstage F&W photo.

View attachment 589467

View attachment 589468

Monday night they started celebrating Mikaela's birthday by going to the MK after work and seeing HEA together for the first time. They also went to the Enchanted Rose at the GF for drinks to celebrate. The celebration continued on Tuesday at Epcot and ended back at DHS. She's off today before F& W starts tomorrow. Her first shift will be at the Donut Box. I'm still enjoying watching Meredith's and Mikael's blogs so I can see my baby. They have even given me some shot outs.
looks like we'll be there at the same time! Our original dates were Sept 4-11 but we forgot about a friends wedding celebration that had to be rescheduled. Thanks covid. So Sept 5-11 it is! Got our our ressies this am for the DVC preview of Remy's Ratatouille Adventure on the 5th. SO excited!!!!!

Loved your update. Seems like a perfect MK morning while waiting for the rest of the family.

looks like we'll be there at the same time! Our original dates were Sept 4-11 but we forgot about a friends wedding celebration that had to be rescheduled. Thanks covid. So Sept 5-11 it is! Got our our ressies this am for the DVC preview of Remy's Ratatouille Adventure on the 5th. SO excited!!!!!

We'll have to look to meet up.

Congrats on getting the DVC preview. I've got my fingers crossed for an AP preview while we're there but have a feeling these won't be until later in the month.

I need to post another update for my trip cause there have been some changes.

I think it is just indoors. I have seen some reports of in some lines. I hope things improve for everyone soon.

I have heard of folks getting shafted for not wearing them in the OUTDOOR queues. I just know that every time we all say "it's gotta get better".... it just doesn't.
The DCP program has Bingo at the complex every once in awhile and if you win you win free groceries. Something all the kids need.
What a FANTASTIC idea! I really love this and I'll bet the kids love both networking and having fun AND getting something they need!
It's one of the rotating donuts so I don't know how often they have it.

I will check for sure though.
I was very proud of her living her best Disney Life.
And not a bad one to live vicariously through either.
So much about this trip if so different from what we're living now.

Sigh... yes.

:sad:
I knew you would appreciate it.

You know me and solo time. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter