A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/7) Prayer Request for Catie (p.129)

Hurray for an update. Glad Billy seemed to be on the mend.

Prayers for Catie!

Thank you, Mary! I really appreciate it.

I'll keep Catie in my prayers. It sounds like a difficult surgery.

Yes, I believe she'll need all the prayers she can get... thanks! I'm sorry her friend scared her about the pain, but I suppose it's best to be prepared.

Holy Cow! 85 lbs?? You GO, Girl!

Mmmmm, yes. We have two of them--they're great!.... If she doesn't have one, it'll make a nice present, that's for sure!

Will definitely ask if my sister has them... :thumbsup2

Kathy~ Of course we'll keep her in our prayers. She so precious, and I'll pray she'll be held in the hands of God while she goes through this. Bless her little heart...

Sorry to go off topic about sweet Catie, but I must ask.
Where do you get the heating pad type things? Hubby and I have back issues and need relief without taking meds. all the time. Would we benefit from something like this? What makes them work so well?

Thank you, Millie!

You can get them from many places... catalogs, drug stores, even kiosks in the mall! Those ones usually smell very nice. The label on mine says it's made with all-natural materials... it smells a little like cooked rice!

They are safer than heating pads, which can get hotter especially if you lie on them. These gradually cool off (you just re-heat them in the microwave.) So, there is less risk of getting a burn. Plus, it's moist heat, not dry heat, which is more therapeutic. Don't know why... moist heat just seems to penetrate muscles better.

Try it!

Kathy

Great update Kathy! Love the princess pics with Catie and I'm glad you had such short waits at the mountains! Hope Billy really was feeling better by the time they got there!

Many, many prayers for Catie for a quick recovery. :goodvibes

Sara

Sending prayers for Catie. :goodvibes

So glad to see you posting again and happy that I'm not the only one who can't seem to find time to finish my TR!! ;)

Great update Kathy! Love the princess pics with Catie and I'm glad you had such short waits at the mountains! Hope Billy really was feeling better by the time they got there!

Many, many prayers for Catie for a quick recovery. :goodvibes

Sara

Thanks for the prayers, Sara! More on Billy coming up...hopefully sometime this month! :rotfl:

Sending prayers for Catie. :goodvibes

So glad to see you posting again and happy that I'm not the only one who can't seem to find time to finish my TR!! ;)

Thanks for praying, Missy! Yeah, this writing stuff takes up a lot of time... something we moms wish we had more of! :hourglass

Kathy

Kathy~ Of course we'll keep her in our prayers. She so precious, and I'll pray she'll be held in the hands of God while she goes through this. Bless her little heart.
Fuzzy sox are sooo essential, when I had a surgery (nothing like sweetie girl Catie is having) years ago I was soooo thankful for my fuzzy sox. There are some pretty great really cozy one's out now days. :cloud9: Makes you feel like you've got heaven on your feet. I hope heaven feels as good as those sox do! :goodvibes

Sorry to go off topic about sweet Catie, but I must ask.
Where do you get the heating pad type things? Hubby and I have back issues and need relief without taking meds. all the time. Would we benefit from something like this? What makes them work so well?

Mom got hers as a Christmas present, but we've seen them at little kiosks in the mall. As Kathy said, they're moist heat, which works really well with muscle pain.

Thank you, Mary! I really appreciate it.

Yes, I believe she'll need all the prayers she can get... thanks! I'm sorry her friend scared her about the pain, but I suppose it's best to be prepared.

Holy Cow! 85 lbs?? You GO, Girl!

Will definitely ask if my sister has them... :thumbsup2

Thank you, Millie!

You can get them from many places... catalogs, drug stores, even kiosks in the mall! Those ones usually smell very nice. The label on mine says it's made with all-natural materials... it smells a little like cooked rice!

They are safer than heating pads, which can get hotter especially if you lie on them. These gradually cool off (you just re-heat them in the microwave.) So, there is less risk of getting a burn. Plus, it's moist heat, not dry heat, which is more therapeutic. Don't know why... moist heat just seems to penetrate muscles better.

Try it!

Kathy

I'll be thinking of Catie, for sure!

Oh dear, prayers for poor Catie! What an awful thing to have to go through at her (or any) age. I truly hope she can have it done with a minimum amount of pain, and quickly recover!!

I will be certain to add Catie to my prayer list. A major surgery is hard at any age, but everything is so much harder in your teen years!

It's so great to see you around again Kathy!!!

Wonderful update - Princess Sourpuss. :lmao: Oh too funny! And I love how she had the attitude even after you asked a few times what they wanted to do/where they wanted to go! Ahhhh, teens! :rolleyes:

Love the picture of Catie with Princess Aurora! What a sweet thing for her Mom! :goodvibes

... for my niece, Catie.

We're all very distressed to learn that she must undergo surgery next month to have rods placed in her spinal column (to correct her scoliosis.) It's a pretty big operation, and complicated by her heart condition.

I would be most grateful for your prayers and positive thoughts to help her through both the surgery and the rehab.

Thank you, friends!

Kathy

Prayers being said for her!!!

Welcome back Kathy!! Thanks for the new installment. I've had a very hard time keeping up with threads lately so I know how you feel.

Mairead will be 14yrs on our next trip and I'm really hoping Princess Sourpuss won't tag along. I don't think DH will deal all too well with that kind of attitude on vaca. :rotfl:

So happy Billy was feeling up to joining you at MK. Looking forward to hearing what happened next.

ETA: Will definitely keep Catie (and all of you) in my prayers.

It's great too see you back on this thread. I really enjoy your reports. I totally understand on the teenage thing. Tess is thirteen and we've been dealing with Lil Ms Crabby for a year or two now. So sorry to hear that Catie has to have rods placed. We will absolutley be praying for her.

I haven't been on the Dis in a long time, so I didn't know about Catie's surgery - I hope it went well!

HI Kathy!! Just stopping in to wish you a most magical, wonder-filled, meaningful Christmas!! Hope all is well in your world!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter