A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/7) Prayer Request for Catie (p.129)

Oh Kathy, how I've missed your updates!!! Another great one, as always!! :banana::banana:

Seeing Katie with all of the princesses make me want to go watch a princess movie!

:woohoo: YAY!! I am so happy to see you writing again! I have missed your writing so much. I will be the first person to buy your book when it is published!

So sorry to hear about Princess Sourpuss, at least Catie was participating with the princesses. She looked so happy with Aurora. I loved all the princess pictures with her and with you.

You got some pixie dust with the rides in Frontierland, great wait times.

Sweet Billy, so sad that he was not feeling well. I hope he got to do some things at MK that day.

So glad to see you are posting updates! Sounds like you guys had a great morning so far.:goodvibes

Hi Nancy! Yes, we really lucked out with low crowds for the first couple of hours. Thanks for the welcome back!

So glad you made your way back here to finish up.

I enjoyed the tour around MK. I can't wait to hear about Billy.

I hope he feels a bit better.

Thanks for hanging in with me! I was hoping the same thing about Billy when I received that text!

Looks like a good morning. Glad Billy was able to rally (I hope!)

He was pitiful that morning... he loves the Magic Kingdom! :sad1:

Kathy

Princess Sourpuss !! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

What a great morning Catie had and a great idea to have that photo done for your DSis. So if memory serves, Catie has met her favorite villan and now her favorite princess? :thumbsup2

You must have been thrilled to get that text from Ed. :goodvibes

What a good memory you have! Yes, Catie met her "top two" characters and was very pleased. Tricia was being a poop, but she lightened up soon enough.

Hormones! :rolleyes:

I was thrilled but also a bit concerned... he had seemed so sick just a few hours earlier...

Oh Kathy, how I've missed your updates!!! Another great one, as always!! :banana::banana:

Seeing Katie with all of the princesses make me want to go watch a princess movie!

Thanks, Amy, it's good to be back!

The princesses were lovely, but I'm still a bit sad we missed the fairies.
:tink:

:woohoo: YAY!! I am so happy to see you writing again! I have missed your writing so much. I will be the first person to buy your book when it is published!

So sorry to hear about Princess Sourpuss, at least Catie was participating with the princesses. She looked so happy with Aurora. I loved all the princess pictures with her and with you.

You got some pixie dust with the rides in Frontierland, great wait times.

Sweet Billy, so sad that he was not feeling well. I hope he got to do some things at MK that day.

Of all of us, he just had to be the one to get sick, right? :sad2: It was sooo hard leaving him behind that morning! So difficult for him to understand...

Tricia turned around soon enough, but I tell ya, I was really missing the eight or ten year-old Tricia right about then! Teenagers!

Kathy

It's sooooooo great to see you posting again, Kathy!!! I was wondering if you'd ever finish the story---

I too am hoping Billy is truly better; a trip over from the resort is a long to make if he needed to go right back again. :rolleyes:

It's sooooooo great to see you posting again, Kathy!!! I was wondering if you'd ever finish the story---

I too am hoping Billy is truly better; a trip over from the resort is a long to make if he needed to go right back again. :rolleyes:

Hi Liesa, thanks for stopping by!

I'm way behind on everyone's reports, including yours! :blush: I think I left off at "B" or "C"... I will be along soon to brush up on the alphabet!

Kathy

... for my niece, Catie.

We're all very distressed to learn that she must undergo surgery next month to have rods placed in her spinal column (to correct her scoliosis.) It's a pretty big operation, and complicated by her heart condition.

I would be most grateful for your prayers and positive thoughts to help her through both the surgery and the rehab.

Thank you, friends!

Kathy

Sending happy thoughts, well wishes and prayers in the direction of your family Kathy. Catie seems like such a wonderful young lady, I'll be crossing my fingers that everything goes well with her surgery! :grouphug:

Pixie Dust for Catie. Wishing Catie a speedy recovery and easy PT.

Pixie Dust for Catie. Bill and I will pray for her. She is such a lovely young woman, so funny too. Hannah just loved meeting her and Tricia and we did too.

Sending happy thoughts, well wishes and prayers in the direction of your family Kathy. Catie seems like such a wonderful young lady, I'll be crossing my fingers that everything goes well with her surgery! :grouphug:

Lots of pixie dust coming your way Kathy!! I'll have Catie in my thoughts!! :goodvibes

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Pixie dust sent.

Happy thoughts for Catie.

Glad to see you are back!

Pixie Dust for Catie. Wishing Catie a speedy recovery and easy PT.

Pixie Dust for Catie. Bill and I will pray for her. She is such a lovely young woman, so funny too. Hannah just loved meeting her and Tricia and we did too.

Thank you all, sincerely! :grouphug:

I'm a big believer in prayers & pixiedust!

Kathy

... for my niece, Catie.

We're all very distressed to learn that she must undergo surgery next month to have rods placed in her spinal column (to correct her scoliosis.) It's a pretty big operation, and complicated by her heart condition.

I would be most grateful for your prayers and positive thoughts to help her through both the surgery and the rehab.

Thank you, friends!

Kathy

Oh, God, Kathy. I completly and totally 100% sympathize with Catie. I had that exact same surgery when I was 15. It. Sucked. Even worse that I have a bleeding disorder :headache: .

If Catie has ANY questions, feel free to have her PM me (or you can relay her questions to me). I'd be happy to answer any questions she may have about this.

She's definately in my thoughts! She's a very strong girl, from what you've told us, and hopefully she'll make as speedy a recovery as I did!

Tips for you as an Auntie:

*Give her socks/PJs/sweatshirts. It's about a month or so of bedrest, so comfy and warm clothes are a must!
*Visit, visit, visit! She'll get bored, TRUST ME!
*Buy her a nice herbal heating pad, if she doesn't already have one. They're a godsend. Heat is one of the only things that helps my back pains (which I still have 2 years and 3 days to the date of my own surgery).

She'll make it through, I know she will! :goodvibes

Oh, God, Kathy. I completly and totally 100% sympathize with Catie. I had that exact same surgery when I was 15. It. Sucked. Even worse that I have a bleeding disorder :headache: .

If Catie has ANY questions, feel free to have her PM me (or you can relay her questions to me). I'd be happy to answer any questions she may have about this.

She's definately in my thoughts! She's a very strong girl, from what you've told us, and hopefully she'll make as speedy a recovery as I did!

She'll make it through, I know she will! :goodvibes

Thanks, Meg! She's definitely feeling apprehensive... one of the girls on her softball team had the surgery and told her all about how painful it was. :sad2: Yikes!

Tricia and I have already begun compiling several books for her... I will add the warm socks to the shopping list!

I love those herbal heating thingys that you warm in the microwave! Ahhh!

Kathy

Thanks, Meg! She's definitely feeling apprehensive... one of the girls on her softball team had the surgery and told her all about how painful it was. :sad2: Yikes!

Tricia and I have already begun compiling several books for her... I will add the warm socks to the shopping list!

Kathy

It is painful, yes. She should take the painkillers perscribed by her doctor for the first two weeks or so that she's home. After that, move to Motrin/Tylenol/Advil as needed.

Warm socks are a must! I got about 5 pairs of them, and they were great for all those long hours in bed.

Mmmmm, yes. We have two of them--they're great! We usually freeze one (great for injuries) and keep one near the microwave for heating. They'll be good for her neck--they conform nicely to areas such as the neck and shoulders. If she doesn't have one, it'll make a nice present, that's for sure!

Kathy~ Of course we'll keep her in our prayers. She so precious, and I'll pray she'll be held in the hands of God while she goes through this. Bless her little heart.
Fuzzy sox are sooo essential, when I had a surgery (nothing like sweetie girl Catie is having) years ago I was soooo thankful for my fuzzy sox. There are some pretty great really cozy one's out now days. :cloud9: Makes you feel like you've got heaven on your feet. I hope heaven feels as good as those sox do! :goodvibes

Kathy

Mmmmm, yes. We have two of them--they're great! We usually freeze one (great for injuries) and keep one near the microwave for heating. They'll be good for her neck--they conform nicely to areas such as the neck and shoulders. If she doesn't have one, it'll make a nice present, that's for sure!

Sorry to go off topic about sweet Catie, but I must ask.
Where do you get the heating pad type things? Hubby and I have back issues and need relief without taking meds. all the time. Would we benefit from something like this? What makes them work so well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter