A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/12) New Thread Begun on TR Board!

Welcome Back!! I'm so sorry that you had to deal with sickness while at WDW. I'm excited to hear all about the trip though.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't get sick too!

Sorry to hear that sickness hit your family while at Disney - what a bummer! Healthy vibes to you!

Welcome back. Sorry to hear that Billy was sick. Hope you manage to avoid it. In my SIL's family only 3 out of 5 got sick with H1N1-so I guess there is hope.

Hello, DIS-Friends, we are back! :wave2:

Well, I always say that no two trips to The World are ever alike and I have been proved right once again! This was an unusual/exceptional trip for us in several ways...

We arrived late Saturday night and by Tuesday, poor Billy was sick with a temp of 104. :sad2: He missed out on a good deal of park time during the middle of the week, so we had to change our schedule around a bit. Naturally, once he began to feel better, the rest of the travelers began falling like dominos... first Ed, then Catie, and now Tricia is beginning to sneeze. The only one who isn't sick yet is me...

Yes, the cheese stands alone.

I know it will be coming, though, because Billy has been snuggling up to me all week. :rolleyes: Ah well, such is parenthood!

I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to Tweet on my trip. I forgot my cell phone charger and so did Tricia! Doh! Ed's charger doesn't fit our phones, so we basically had Catie and Ed's phones as our sole means of communication with each other. (That, plus I was a bit distracted with Billy.) Hopefully I'll be able to do it next time.

Well, its almost 2:00 am and I'm pretty beat... I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi!" Hopefully I'll be able to get my TR up and running before I get sick!

G'Night!

Kathy

:hug::hug::hug:

Welcome home! Hope you keep avoiding being sick, and hope everyone else feels better soon. Looking forward to the trip report!

Oh, Kathy, I'm SO sorry to hear about all the sickness in your family :sad2: I hope you were able to enjoy your trip somewhat, anyways. Glad you all made it back home safely, though. Looking forward to reading your "different" TR! Hope you are able to stay healthy...it's SO hard for Mom to be sick :sad2:

Oh Kathy that just stinks. I hope you still have some magical moments and memories! Hope you stay well!

Glad you were able to switch things around a bit, and still manage to have a nice time. Can't wait to follow you along on your Adventures, Kathy!

Welcome home!

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry about the sickness! I hope you manage to stay well.

Looking forward to hearing about the trip though! We're ready when you are!
:hug:

Sara

Glad you are back, safe and sound.

Poor Billy. I hope he was able to do his favorites....

Yes, he did. Basically Wed and Thurs were shot, but he got to do everything he wanted!

Welcome back!! Sorry Billy got sick...that's always a bummer. :sick: But I can't wait to read about the trip! :thumbsup2

Thanks. Luckily kids bounce back quickly!

Welcome back, Kathy! So sorry to hear that illness struck Billy and then everyone else! I hope you were still able to have a halfway decent time, and I am still looking forward to hearing all the details!

We had a great time, just lost a bit of touring time, that's all.

Hi Kathy!! Welcome Home! :goodvibes Sorry you guys had sickness floating around while you were there... :sad2:

I can't wait to hear all about your week!

Thanks Amy! I hope to get started soon.

Welcome Back!

I'm so sorry everyone got sick...

I can't wait to hear all about it!

:grouphug:

Coming soon...

:wave2:
Oh no, I know how this goes:hug:

Yeah, it stinks, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Welcome back! :wizard: A little magic to get everyone back on the mend. Looking forward to your Halloween Adventure!

Thanks, Billy went to school this morning, but Ed still feels yucky. Tricia and I seem okay so far (knock wood.)

Welcome back! Hopefully you will dodge this round of sickness!

From your lips to God's ears!

Oh no! I hope you are able to stave off the illness with good rest this weekend and that you had a decent trip despite it all. Welcome home.

Thanks... I would've loved to have been able to stay just a few more days!

Welcome back, Kathy.

I hope that Ed and the kids feel better soon and that you manage to avoid catching it!

Thanks! So far, so good...

Temp. of 104! Yikes, he must have been feeling miserable:sick:

I hope he is better now and that you don't catch it. Was Ed that sick too? I have been thinking of you guys and wondering how you have been. We didn't see you after breakfast in the Crystal Palace so I was concerned.

Hope you all had fun despite the illness and I hope you don't get it.

Can't wait to read your report. I haven't written anything yet.

It's hard... there's always a need for a few days recovery time before the serious writing can begin. If you remember, Billy and Ed skipped breakfast that morning. They rested and joined us at MK in the afternoon, but Billy was kind of out of it. It really shows in the pictures...

Welcome Back!! I'm so sorry that you had to deal with sickness while at WDW. I'm excited to hear all about the trip though.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't get sick too!

Cross your toes, too! :laughing:

Sorry to hear that sickness hit your family while at Disney - what a bummer! Healthy vibes to you!

Thanks; we need them!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!! Missed you!!! Hope all are feeling better ~

Thanks! All are okay except Ed, his cough is still bothering him. :sick:

Welcome back. Sorry to hear that Billy was sick. Hope you manage to avoid it. In my SIL's family only 3 out of 5 got sick with H1N1-so I guess there is hope.

It seems to have hit the boys worse than the girls...

Thanks! :goodvibes

Welcome home! Hope you keep avoiding being sick, and hope everyone else feels better soon. Looking forward to the trip report!

I hope to start soon...

Welcome back!

Glad you're a nurse.

Interesting to hear how sickness affects your WDW experience.

Hey, you just have to roll with the punches... even at the Happiest Place on Earth! :thumbsup2

Oh, Kathy, I'm SO sorry to hear about all the sickness in your family :sad2: I hope you were able to enjoy your trip somewhat, anyways. Glad you all made it back home safely, though. Looking forward to reading your "different" TR! Hope you are able to stay healthy...it's SO hard for Mom to be sick :sad2:

So far, so good. I felt so bad for the boys, though...

Oh Kathy that just stinks. I hope you still have some magical moments and memories! Hope you stay well!

We had a great trip; I'm so glad we invited our niece. She seems to have just caught the sniffles and no fever...

Glad you were able to switch things around a bit, and still manage to have a nice time. Can't wait to follow you along on your Adventures, Kathy!

Welcome home!

Thanks! Flexibility is the key...

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry about the sickness! I hope you manage to stay well.

Looking forward to hearing about the trip though! We're ready when you are!
:hug:

Sara

Hopefully that will be soon! I've a ton of work to catch up with today; perhaps with a bit of luck I can begin the Intro tonight!

Kathy

Welcome back, Kathy!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about everyone getting sick from The World---I came back from our weekend in October with a nasty respiratory infection, but luckily I didn't feel sick at all until it was time to leave and we were sitting in MCO. I think it was a sign. :rolleyes1

Can't wait to hear all about your trip and I hope that regardless of all the hiccups you still managed to have a great time!!

Ann

Welocme back Kathy....

sorry about the sickness factor, what a bummer, but glad it still sounds like yo guys had good FUN!

can't wait to read all about it popcorn::

Welcome back Kathy....

You can never really plan for everything that could happen on vacation especially getting sick, but it sounds like you guys were able to have a great time anyway and I am glad everyone is starting to feel better.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you are able to avoid it and....

anxiously awaiting your report popcorn::

Hey Kathy,

glad you left and came home safely...:goodvibes

Sorry about Billy...:sad2:...I'm glad he got to do his favorites though...and can't wait to read your TR...

Don't know what it's like in NJ but over the river in PA...everyone is or has been sick...not even just the flu/s but some sort of mystery virus...:confused3

Hope you stay well and the rest of the family reccuperates well...:goodvibes

Oh no!

I am so sad for you guys.

I am sure you made the best of it...But to plan and be so excited for so long and then have the sickies is just crummy! :headache:

I am so sorry.

I hope you are all feeling some better! Hang in there! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter