A Guide to SmallWorlds Widgets

Bugdozer

<font color=royal blue>One day at a time.<br>Yeste
Hi,

Thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can put the how tos on working some of the cool items in SW.

Flickr Frames and Posters:

1.To put a picture in the picture frame you first need a flickr account. The basic account is free and gives plenty of upload space.
2.You then upload your favorite pictures to your account.
3.You MUST make sure you set your pictures to anyone can view them. If they are set on private they will not show up for you in the search.
4.Now when you have your frame on the wall you click it and click configure.
5.When the box comes up you type in your flickr account name and hit search. A list of all your pictures you have on that account come up.
6.When you see a picture you want to add from your pics mouse over it and there is a + sign. Click that and it adds it to your frame.
7.You can also add multiple pics and under options set it up as a slide show.
8. Click Save
9. Click frame and click Security
10. Click owner as person who can use this item and move this item. No no one can change the frame.

** Note: you can use anyones pictures that are public in your frames. Just search keywords like Disney, cat, flowers so on and pictures will show up. Also if you have a friend or relative and know their flickr account you can search theirs**

Seeqpod Stereo:

1. Click on configure item**You must use configure to create a playlist you want to keep.
2. Click search
3. Type in what you are looking for,. I wanted Disney music so I typed in things like Disney, Epcot, Haunted Mansion, Tiki so on.
4. See something you want mouse over it and click the + sign. It has now been added to your play list. Do this for all songs you want to add.
5. Click play list tab to see what you have.
6. Click options. This will let you select to have music start automatically and if you want the songs shuffled.
7. Click save to keep all your changes.
8. Click stereo again
9. Click security
10. Click owner for people who can move this item and owner for people who can use this item. No no one can add or remove songs now.

If you want others to use your stereo please note the following:

If you set the security to everyone under people who can use this then yes they can control the songs. They can add to the current playlist or delete from the list by pressing the X but it is NOT saved and is NOT a permanent change. It works like this:

Example:

You have your stereo on and I come in to your room. I delete a song and add another. You click on the playlist and you can see the changes i made-everyone in the room does. For your playlist to revert back to your original settings, 2 things have to happen. The player that made the changes must leave the room then you must leave and re-enter. That resets your playlist back to the original for you. Anyone else in the room has the changed playlist until they leave and reenter.

Stack of Magazines:

The stack of magazines is actually an item you can configure to link to outside websites. To work item do:

1. After placing magazines on a table click the item and click configure.
2. Click add
3. Type in the site name, then URL then a small description.
4. Then click add button below the description.
5. Click save.

We tested the security:

Owner only- no links show up for anyone else

Anyone- people can view the links you have added but can not change delete or add any.

To use the item:
1. click on item
2. Click View
3. Click the bookmark (link)
4. Click launch website
5. Opens link in a new wind

I will add more as I get the information.

Bug

Awesome Bug :thumbsup2 I was wondering why my flickr account wouldn't show up. The magazine/web link sounds pretty cool too :goodvibes

Great work Bug!!

I have not created a flickr account yet, so my pics are not moved yet, so I just searched on "VMK" and "Cinderella's Castle" pictures and was able to set up my flickr frame with those pics.:thumbsup2

Excellent bug, I will add this to the important threads link for SW :)

How do you configure songs you want to hear on a boombox? :confused3

I would like to know this as well. I like the smaller size of the boombox, but want to be sure I can actually put a playlist on it before I buy. (I assume that if it supports a playlist, I can create one at the last.fm website.)

If the boombox is "portable", does it mean that you can keep it in your inventory and set it down in other spaces?

bug i think you should add the dj Mixing table because that it totally different, and you have to update the music from an account.

marcm/truemarcm

I would like to know this as well. I like the smaller size of the boombox, but want to be sure I can actually put a playlist on it before I buy. (I assume that if it supports a playlist, I can create one at the last.fm website.)

If the boombox is "portable", does it mean that you can keep it in your inventory and set it down in other spaces?
I will answer my own question here; no you cannot put a playlist in the boombox. It only allows a "radio station" search. :(

After spending hours fiddling around with last.fm, I find their definition of the term "radio station" to be virtually worthless. It doesn't matter what you try to target in the way of music genre, because the track results end up including just about anything. Perhaps someone could spend time on the website rating songs to fine-tune their preferences, but that is not an option from within the SmallWorlds widget. There is only a choice between "tags" and "artist" in the search bar, and while you may get a few hits, a lot of the results will have you scratching your head.

The playlist in the last.fm stereo though is another matter, and I couldn't be happier with the results. (Note: The last.fm website has got to be the most confusing thing I have ever tried to navigate; it takes an incredible amount of persistence and patience to locate content that is actually playable.)

I was in Happy's room yesterday helping her with her dance mission, and asked her to give me Officer status so I could put down my boom box in her room. Wooot! Instant music without gifting and regifting. :)

I was in Happy's room yesterday helping her with her dance mission, and asked her to give me Officer status so I could put down my boom box in her room. Wooot! Instant music without gifting and regifting. :)

Woot and thanks so much for providing the entertainment for the dance party Dee Jay Days! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter