A Grand Tour of The Entire Midwest, But Mostly Wisconsin (UPDATE 11/12--BONUS Texas TR NOW COMPLETE)

Chapter 20: I’m Not Going Home. I’m Going To Wisconsin.
“Have a good trip.”

Personally, I think we pale in comparison to Punkin Chunkin, but whatever.
Well, most things pale in comparison to Punkin Chunkin, but timing is everything.

in what world is a trip to Delaware a Christmas present?
[AlternateFacts] In the only Great world that matters, of course! [/AlternateFacts]

Their kids must have had a bad year…
That year?
We’re talkin’ kids here; that’s every year.

But ya’ love ‘em anyway.

Apparently, this was a hit in their house, and Mostly Delaware!!!! became a new catchphrase for their kids.
Congratulations, you’ve been reduced to a meme.

We met up with Barry and Bambi at the hotel, where they eagerly returned Scotty and Dave to us.
Learned their lesson, did they?

Normally, if someone offers me a cinnamon roll, I will always say yes.
It’s the kind of offer that’s been known to drive the decision making process in relation to hotel choices.

However, if you tell me it’s a cinnamon roll the size of a satellite dish? I’m jumping in the car.
Good to know one’s weaknesses

I’m awarding the Machine Shed a Drooling Homer Award for Excellence in Unpretentious Dining.
Duly noted

Here’s a good view of the kids’ brand new t-shirts. I must grudgingly admit that these were cooler than the ones we provided for Barry’s kids.
Well, they knew where the bar was set.
One-upmanship was an unavoidable consequence.

I think this was the prize tractor, because Barry wouldn’t let Drew drive this one.
Which one did Drew drive?
That’d be the one that you’d apparently be allowed to have the most fun with.

Dave and Evan wasted no time climbing up the hay bales in the barn to see who could get the most rat and bird crap all over their clothing.

taNSc7RP9QBPID2fnvQb6QgBgkuS-bc-dyGlZHXhWv8Z2DtykuNtBZYVbMmOIlniGC25u5OkLSEz1NIUmvkr3SW8TVAyEjdru59dgt6CvPM5Du_rrwDOTOa68Cd5SGRiCXxvqb5AkvNMGuNfbAaZ7zTKnWQVLktqeVnE447J_5hF9Ng0h1d_h_k83i2OlTXLfShxxxGYfo7KdXGvXXQaaUCn877owXqastytZ7hVJr1MSFPusJQ7am93a9F4InMi84TyhoA5mRO45lgBZAlPqIMRGqMdYveaboAxRqKDou5Poe2VB1t6IxtJmSMwoRniPck7BIh7m8OltHEPCFphlRXwjTqsK9zivWdCyVBPDFyEFsAJjMm91TCH2yKkzB3Rf-DwgAX9RKvVCZFN6YsE8M2psKsa5dVqb0XfPv_t_Y2H5ZRGLZtWuIsH_W5XSdmZHqFXGzarJauVJPaYDMM_GPFXUkpuhtmZJKqY3-6MpEYFk_M4lRofYYZSVdaQx68Szpvztvkon_-F9NZi2nWtWp6Fi9jLINyaFPWBNghSxDIE1497nLYSXusZ7dN4NMXVYmSdjryePbIzTKwfpBLPPwytCbXy0sE07ZGvKQHfs2NXU6H8LkGr=w627-h836-no

And somehow they all thought this was a good idea.
Because it was…
Duh!

you just know that this is an opportunity begging for Scotty to happen.
When is there not a good opportunity for Scotty to happen?

Somehow, Scotty managed to drive off the road and into the one and only mud puddle on the entire property. And he got the 4-wheeler stuck.
The_Blues_Brothers-14.jpg

…relocated to Wisconsin upon retirement.
Now there’s a collection of words that are rarely seen in that order within the same sentence.

And futilely attempt to get all 7 kids to smile for a photo at once.
ufROCh1yWdUh08YJVu_huu_DstB8vJG1sU61yJJyPRMsFVIjn_j_C_G7R6FtdSXqWqqiYp_dc0XGUNiF5IFLObA-AeBJJFq0DbYyp4jstVtpUj7uDE54sk1RRREPF8XO7P4Px-3_u14P0CmcIC8GpaGCxgjgkGlBJWLxE6PeUT8f-beS-4w3TKHNwqZnIQA4tQcDXH7YmzFxc8C7ZZ0qJarCE0gcQHZlmnkP-wydQ8jh7fXCP978F_iEMMfQYUor5kREpx_pEI6WDK14nMuVIF_OWo_yKJ7JmI04rUXUZTbKnKd_u53AkXk98nq4i6ahBzNBb-pYrdqETp4_Ayt-Zqx6XqsbmbFD8J7EJwPv50ZZcu4l6YH5qnoepCqXHb-0bQbx-4EOAaAYpnD_0_xXMypgDObp8VR_QiO2XVn7CqWO6odl5NbPwkydU0jlTVWCTEV9WY4HoR14W3sxR2vR4WcL4E7hFxI1MzZOKA6BdIUoGASIKeXMYrLK-_XMpoGAl7SrUKmPGwXZ5WXqQwuI9sCDmFJ3maElznZk5qfx0RlCjmR4sYgFrKsRmz-G7xiep-J3_Wd97tIQ6s9sm6HEFwArUQenasTALtfmaCVpGJF9foTr9vTZ=w1224-h816-no
Being as doing so would defy the known laws of physics and put the theory of Special Relativity into question, it’s probably good that you didn’t succeed.

There’s a train ride that takes guests around the park and along the shore of Green Bay. Naturally, Drew loved this.
What’s better than a model train?
Well, a real train of course, but a model train big enough to ride in finishes a close second.

Here’s Green Bay, just to prove we were there.
And proof is required because…

This one just screams, “Caption me!”

3DNsLtD1zmRvdLLPFo-8WnA83VO6bNggZKt1j7YUkVfvPMBn9Jda3USfbFF3fws5DuLLTqSMqlr-_gfmjvaIvExQb22YRHog1NYGecZ9dtHDPkuaoTmz-Jgr9tuN9pRXboZ6NDn-AfyFjvXHFGiqzNo8dRlDTmwZM02XQoKBzXkanCpxIQsC-pXpk9d_VFVQvikSWJxiJdnTrYa_GE_yp8UYS57hpQWlpUC42GGpXt3ABXzukbsZe4xawVNY3bgTWbkKFdCW4wsZRoTZphaf33wqhgZP-wxiBGRzVtjFNfyZyYSiYm2tJSbOgd4j3dxucgzon5JNpW5MScwOoQC4-cOqJ62LUwop61l0jNvO_6SF9JKdFqAkReweDOsbzCiS1N00T3I23-Rx1L3blOjDUsoeZ9E82mWNa9_gNDmAQNSbOCv0RD4jK6uxCQiooUjw3ip8VG-77eSUimF_d1jvH2PpfnDAzpoOy3mtPY-HzxpiXeOxCbNg5-DcHOW0mkTGZt3LyP7MCqRYoy-w3H4Q9yJGsknkwybengUh4j3RZ04MhtxwqkwQByUScbBjo2Imc8gJgJyo-VIGm7fPi70xH0I8J45Dx5x_hHKGdynF_r1yAGKMa6GG=w1224-h816-no
…and so then I just tell daddy that they have cinnamon rolls the size of a satellite dish there, and boom… we all get loaded into the car and he takes us there.

Works every time.

And his big brother had a brain cramp and let him fly a helicopter.
rTgzfCXPhx-iVYMhPgYn-NXjirIOdF8bzZQNNRpHJTdVzf5N0VbIW3ym0sAIxzgGvqaDAFmmHAKYpXEQWRjWJxndDmEaSUW4BAKwUuiibuShkk91SOndh53pUUS93hh6VZMBx78iazVQczew_3sBnU_ZVnAhd8RRuMAmYJcafieCdxxSq3XQ7D8WtTsHAu_nB6ZQidmkiU2bcjZRWCvZXXVQWKtVCG04uB7kSU929a0zv2cFz-u8355SCe7Z0-X5xaiuR3z3FZcETaQyLte41TXJz5z6W08iGyil-9Kuk2MXV3W5fol3VDB-Xi6AcLegxfp2plpUtXSX9IVW6b-bMn09yKP-JoKAlQ_wgDoX_yK3EInJCLOs97yQM5ugMW0-2zzU1zye4fm9CmK1M8uCp0sEXUVoHgwJtsXHGI7TnjAxAxc4QyhBxGvTENZ0WDPzUboNTSLm77Wf6gaKGpR-S2TgAoyQT5wfbb-9ROUZsSMP4dlikM-rvO_En2gnWMyCp6xxTSTnNdrdxwEiI27eIZpSlR8n584cKGS2o52cd98SBKvd5MJ1MMiEU2ZwqcMY5p5LJun-Mm_-TxNG98YfW7jeXv-wVfMBZOKcPGJK-ninl3ZfoXow=w558-h836-no
It’s the only logical explanation

Just wait until one of the Services let him fly one.

Bls1a-jKidrWZvmykPBwiVReYmxMGXAeAtOBrCjNuGfhWerpqdFlxOD_ZqwohZS3FmedzkoZ9AWKBITxGlimMUN0NO75zYJDt-f9qjScIu4WOkZOBEM-RDzpSKYhrrqoG2K07qqpX2F3USA91vOtNDZ1tKrxGkvNMGwsSEyokPZ74e4_r_nvYgs-WAOuyU9wiYe0NPAd7LQn_kJmg9QLJnM-ULO2SBJQhn_Hb5xgGCvpQnZZlVXADYSrgf6GNHfgzZZ2CmkiEFU-r3coozFQtqRUlZmGj9bfrcagNo0vGa6qqj2xwUQwyd9YP7Pk9IiqyB71B8twbfr0E79oMyMJTMkv1WbKDNeZTxNKTz3s0D0SXFgqt7trxZ-87MkWfOA4cAdbcqqzKPDakNfjHArwNnCiiPOHKadUXHxiRSlm5LBDv_tLmpsmOGCJSKedah16-xSF7EaZVdDVTKQjk8W09PDcmSL3se5RaK8ta-PnoNmw22O2ykK54zT6mtgHBi_MCWburBMqnnmZ4klPPb3dXRNE-FdyBt2q08eOkatqz7DTkXcsC9C1vGQ7xcTDcZl1jj3Z9jG-1iJJBtrU3BGXrYaQ4wv-CROvUkdTSOg9VUzbBg_F_1dQ=w1115-h836-no

If you said “all of them,” consider yourself a winner!
So long as you weren’t in the line of fire at the time, that is.

Madison didn’t want to drive her own bumper car, so she handed the keys to a teenager who doesn’t have a license yet. What could go wrong?
An image of a six foot shower of mud comes to mind.
Pretty sure it’s best I stop there.

Whoops. Sorry, guys. We totally screwed up the communication there.
You need to hire a Press Secretary.
That’d fix it.

Anyway, we had a fun day and once again wore ourselves out.
Which is basically the definition of a fun day.

Or one in which you worked yourself senseless.
You can kind’a flip a coin on that one.

I couldn’t help but wonder if the kids would still have Mostly Wisconsin on their minds as they dreamt that night.

SpPXbHQQTuQulDuqsnF5SGO_BYOCEFz6viqwzj-ge7T0CpJzQ0z6I6q7iUeRm37X4JNEUJWlYpxwfKLIBC35inX1yg_TglMlIOQZNa_zW2Zhkk0M5a8vxtjNv7psJiUPVQlIy_5DqBl8bTPhIPo68ZsEss7Tt9a2tHuE6iSg-_XxtlgeNH1HzHScbAYKfXSBKmb8zzmzNr6AOoFfZK3FoNUme2kesIfx4AHnWYHLkTne2ChohwLC2dq2MLa7tDkhhCFzT8QbOLB6uU8XLgJ3yitLcnyYttCwZ6fvzrQp_Lo9MekQYtwf3evCQH1gLeORWbJokzvNVoG0EAYKOcxbWiKam55fF6diOzQxo43n-6n-pU7v9GxbJTGWwOaDKl-gDCeEdSvRzfRVLlkJDqBjB630kxlVdjQbCohq2ErauZPTu1q3vu3B05bEW9nWk0dI2cd4zRt6AYe8GW14mLGGnXieAC8EALviUHrJNu7zsmZOaLeq2sgXINHdHGawRMLsqh7enVjhJwBwCbpF2aFE9Y32RWOipRtBoik1DMwJYmXLe75Ox1PbOFjxjlAitGKqvFfvOOyQnRs6RDbLxrZu9NsWL0Uc-1HLJ8U3wrnrNY06FPaY59y4=w627-h836-no
Cute.

Your work or one of the kids?
(I mean one of the younger kids, of course)

I somehow just found this and ... your family is adorable and your writing is excellent! And ok, I'm having a slow day at work.

Hey, :welcome: and thanks for joining in! I'm pretty sure "bored at work" is the overwhelming favorite reason why anyone stops in here!

I made it to all 50 states by the time I was 40 - I'd hit the lower 48 by the time I was 12, but Hawaii and Alaska took a little longer. My parents were schoolteachers and when I was a kid, we piled into the car and drove all summer. I love this TR! Thanks for sharing.

Nice work! I like your family already!

My parents took us all over, but I never made it to Alaska (they got that one without me). So that's the only state remaining on my list. However, the kids have made me swear that I will allow them to catch up so we can all get 50 together.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Hooray! Maybe not as scenic, but everybody is pointed in the right direction.

Well, that certainly takes a "roll in the hay" to a whole new level.

This seems like a trade-down to me. :rotfl:

Called it!

Easiest prediction ever.

Of course he did. And I'm sure he loved every minute of getting it out too.

I think he was mortified. He thought he was going to be in big trouble with Bambi.

My first choice.

:scared:

:lmao:

They told us they moved out there mostly to be closer to her parents so she could take care of them, so that made more sense.

Valiant effort though.

That seems to be where all of our stories end up.

See? No Lego to find in my diaper tomorrow.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Thank the Lord for that.

We called that the Tilt 'O Hurl. 100 times worse than the Puke Cups.

I don't know how I ever got on these things when I was younger.

You are at least a close second.

Well, I would certainly hope so.

:eek: That thing's even bigger than the ones at Gaston's Tavern...

Massive. And massively awesome.

I'm surprised Barry is allowed to drive it.

I guess nobody said he had to drive it well.

Well, at least they're all in the photo.

This is a win!

Well, Drew seems to be having fun. I think. Some of those faces are hard to tell.

Whatever he's feeling, he's definitely telling everyone all about it.

Looks like a 4960. Now there's a real tractor.

It's smaller than I thought it would be.

Fran would love that cinnamon roll! Sadly I don't see us traveling to many of the places where they have locations any time in the near future.

Wisconsin isn't on your bucket list?:confused3

I'm sure the kids had a blast riding around on all that farm equipment, and don't tell me that you abstained from the fun! :rolleyes1

I definitely had my time in the 4-wheeler! Can't let the kids have all the fun.

The shirts are cool! :thumbsup2

I agree!

Dinner sounded good too, and an old fashioned carnival, what a fun little death trap to play roulette with your children's lives! :laughing:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Thanks, Alison, for mentioning the update! Looks like I've missed a few!

Well, get with the program here!

Gotta say, the model train display is still my favorite thing at MSI. True when I was a little kid, and still true now. Too bad basic admission is pricey - we don't get there as often as I'd like.

We used reciprocity with our local science museum to help ease the cost. Pricey visit, but worth the trip. Those trains are so cool.

We usually get Sbarro when we stop at an Oasis. Or Panda Express. I don't think we have actually ever gotten Burger King there! Not that we eat there that often. We did have a Girl Scout cookie booth there once!

Sbarro--my favorite NY pizza place!:rotfl2:

Girl scout cookies would be the best food they have ever offered there!

Anyhow, carry on. Glad to hear the explanation of Mostly Wisconsin! Very cute, and so cool to have a whole family of friends to visit.

We don't get to see each other much, obviously, but we have fun when we do get together.

“Have a good trip.”

+1:thumbsup2

Well, most things pale in comparison to Punkin Chunkin, but timing is everything.

This is true. Punkin Chunkin has had some difficulties the last couple years, anyway.

[AlternateFacts] In the only Great world that matters, of course! [/AlternateFacts]

Please, we get enough of those on a daily basis.

That year?
We’re talkin’ kids here; that’s every year.

But ya’ love ‘em anyway.

Sure, I guess.

I mean, yes! Of course!

Congratulations, you’ve been reduced to a meme.

Well, it's more than many others receive.

Learned their lesson, did they?

I should say so. Haven't seen them since then.

It’s the kind of offer that’s been known to drive the decision making process in relation to hotel choices.

Well, yeah. What else is there?

Good to know one’s weaknesses

::yes::

Well, they knew where the bar was set.
One-upmanship was an unavoidable consequence.

I suppose. Now it's on us to return the favor and up our game.

Which one did Drew drive?
That’d be the one that you’d apparently be allowed to have the most fun with.

I'm the dad. I don't get to have fun.

Because it was…
Duh!

:sad2:

When is there not a good opportunity for Scotty to happen?

Maybe when he's sleeping? Beats me.

We are coming to you live from Wisconsin...

Now there’s a collection of words that are rarely seen in that order within the same sentence.

Hey, it wasn't my choice.

Being as doing so would defy the known laws of physics and put the theory of Special Relativity into question, it’s probably good that you didn’t succeed.

Well, for the reasons you stated, I think it was impossible for us to succeed.

What’s better than a model train?
Well, a real train of course, but a model train big enough to ride in finishes a close second.

Man Law.

…and so then I just tell daddy that they have cinnamon rolls the size of a satellite dish there, and boom… we all get loaded into the car and he takes us there.

Works every time.

He knows his dad. What can I say?

It’s the only logical explanation

Just wait until one of the Services let him fly one.

:scared1:

So long as you weren’t in the line of fire at the time, that is.

Hey, this ain't my first rodeo. We have a zoom lens for a reason.

An image of a six foot shower of mud comes to mind.
Pretty sure it’s best I stop there.

This sounds like the voice of experience. Are you sure there isn't more to this story?

You need to hire a Press Secretary.
That’d fix it.

Oh, sure. Seems to work just fine everywhere else.

Which is basically the definition of a fun day.

Or one in which you worked yourself senseless.
You can kind’a flip a coin on that one.

Amazing how often those two are linked.

Cute.

Your work or one of the kids?
(I mean one of the younger kids, of course)

I think Julie called me over because she found him that way. Which means it was probably the work of the kids.

Nice update!

It's pretty awesome that your family has made such a nice connection with the FreezinRafiki family. I love the Wisconsin shirts. :)

Looks like this day was tailor made for Drew between the tractors and the little rides at the amusement park that were just his size! He's so cute!

Sarah's waffle sandwich looks very tasty!

Personally, I think we pale in comparison to Punkin Chunkin, but whatever.

Try the Frog Follies up here.

(in what world is a trip to Delaware a Christmas present? Their kids must have had a bad year)

Coal shortage, perhaps?

So, I had our kids record a video in which they told Barry and Bambi’s kids that they would be visiting “DELAWARE!!!! (and Philadelphia, and Baltimore, and Washington D.C.)…but MOSTLY DELAWARE!!!!”

And in Wisconsin, upon viewing the video, there was crying and gnashing of teeth.

Mostly Delaware!!!! became a new catchphrase for their kids.

:laughing:

I assume these promptly made their way to the pile of car wash rags when they got home.

Well, let's be honest now (that'd be a first!) would you wear them?

So, when it came time for us to visit Wisconsin, our Midwest road trip naturally became the “Mostly Wisconsin” trip.

Ohhhhh!

Our first stop was a restaurant called The Machine Shed.

They have pie!
I am so going to have to stop there next month.

That's perfectly safe. Who wants a house there anyway?

If you tell your server “I love eggs”, they’ll automatically add an extra egg to your dish, free of charge.

Thanks for the tip! (Although I might just have pie.... and I don't want an egg on it.)

However, if you tell me it’s a cinnamon roll the size of a satellite dish? I’m jumping in the car.

Holy crap!

It didn’t hurt that they had Hidden Mickey pancakes.

They better be careful, Disney will shut them down.

In fact, just for those cinnamon rolls, I’m awarding the Machine Shed a Drooling Homer Award for Excellence in Unpretentious Dining.

I'm not even a little surprised.

Yep he seems bent on destruction... and happy about it, too.

Nice shot of the clan. ::yes::

I think this was the prize tractor, because Barry wouldn’t let Drew drive this one.

Understandable. The last thing you want is to get a tractor dirty.

For example, Dave and Evan wasted no time climbing up the hay bales in the barn to see who could get the most rat and bird crap all over their clothing.

Who won?

Could be worse. Coulda gone on a glacier.

:laughing: Great shot!

Okay, that looks like a blast.

However, you just know that this is an opportunity begging for Scotty to happen.

Of course. I would expect no less.

Somehow, Scotty managed to drive off the road and into the one and only mud puddle on the entire property. And he got the 4-wheeler stuck.

Atta boy!
Right of passage, ya know.

I was going to go try and help push them out, but then Scotty gunned the engine and sent a 6-foot shower of mud spraying behind him. And I thought, “You know what? Let’s see if they can manage.”

Probably a wise decision.
But a less comical one.

It only took about 3 hours or so, but they did get free.

Meanwhile, the adults returned to the house where they played cards and had a generally nice, child free, afternoon.

As you know, it’s common practice to retire and move to a state that has winter 8 months out of the year.

A whole month more of summer? I am there!!!

This was a neat little restaurant/microbrewery based in an old train station in the heart of Green Bay.

Cool!

I enjoyed a burger and a draft root beer

How did the root beer compare to Wurst Bier Hall's?

And futilely attempt to get all 7 kids to smile for a photo at once.

So close.

Sooooo close.

It was a beautiful summer night, the rides were cheap (think beach boardwalk-type amusements), and all of the kids ended up having a blast.

Parent points earned.

You won't actually get them.... but, earned.

There’s a train ride that takes guests around the park and along the shore of Green Bay. Naturally, Drew loved this.

Who wouldn't??

Here’s Green Bay, just to prove we were there.

::yes:: I recognize that by the wave crests.

This one just screams, “Caption me!”

3DNsLtD1zmRvdLLPFo-8WnA83VO6bNggZKt1j7YUkVfvPMBn9Jda3USfbFF3fws5DuLLTqSMqlr-_gfmjvaIvExQb22YRHog1NYGecZ9dtHDPkuaoTmz-Jgr9tuN9pRXboZ6NDn-AfyFjvXHFGiqzNo8dRlDTmwZM02XQoKBzXkanCpxIQsC-pXpk9d_VFVQvikSWJxiJdnTrYa_GE_yp8UYS57hpQWlpUC42GGpXt3ABXzukbsZe4xawVNY3bgTWbkKFdCW4wsZRoTZphaf33wqhgZP-wxiBGRzVtjFNfyZyYSiYm2tJSbOgd4j3dxucgzon5JNpW5MScwOoQC4-cOqJ62LUwop61l0jNvO_6SF9JKdFqAkReweDOsbzCiS1N00T3I23-Rx1L3blOjDUsoeZ9E82mWNa9_gNDmAQNSbOCv0RD4jK6uxCQiooUjw3ip8VG-77eSUimF_d1jvH2PpfnDAzpoOy3mtPY-HzxpiXeOxCbNg5-DcHOW0mkTGZt3LyP7MCqRYoy-w3H4Q9yJGsknkwybengUh4j3RZ04MhtxwqkwQByUScbBjo2Imc8gJgJyo-VIGm7fPi70xH0I8J45Dx5x_hHKGdynF_r1yAGKMa6GG=w1224-h816-no

I swallowed a fly! Am I gonna die?

Awww... What a good big sister.

Aiiyeee!!!

(Last words)

…followed by the whirligig.

The vomitorium.

Sure, they look happy now. But when it gets going, how many of them will hurl?

Bls1a-jKidrWZvmykPBwiVReYmxMGXAeAtOBrCjNuGfhWerpqdFlxOD_ZqwohZS3FmedzkoZ9AWKBITxGlimMUN0NO75zYJDt-f9qjScIu4WOkZOBEM-RDzpSKYhrrqoG2K07qqpX2F3USA91vOtNDZ1tKrxGkvNMGwsSEyokPZ74e4_r_nvYgs-WAOuyU9wiYe0NPAd7LQn_kJmg9QLJnM-ULO2SBJQhn_Hb5xgGCvpQnZZlVXADYSrgf6GNHfgzZZ2CmkiEFU-r3coozFQtqRUlZmGj9bfrcagNo0vGa6qqj2xwUQwyd9YP7Pk9IiqyB71B8twbfr0E79oMyMJTMkv1WbKDNeZTxNKTz3s0D0SXFgqt7trxZ-87MkWfOA4cAdbcqqzKPDakNfjHArwNnCiiPOHKadUXHxiRSlm5LBDv_tLmpsmOGCJSKedah16-xSF7EaZVdDVTKQjk8W09PDcmSL3se5RaK8ta-PnoNmw22O2ykK54zT6mtgHBi_MCWburBMqnnmZ4klPPb3dXRNE-FdyBt2q08eOkatqz7DTkXcsC9C1vGQ7xcTDcZl1jj3Z9jG-1iJJBtrU3BGXrYaQ4wv-CROvUkdTSOg9VUzbBg_F_1dQ=w1115-h836-no

yep.

pkondz will run from this ride.

Madison didn’t want to drive her own bumper car, so she handed the keys to a teenager who doesn’t have a license yet. What could go wrong?

Apparently nothing? Otherwise you would've told us!

This photo was taken approximately at midnight, after they’d been sitting up there for four hours. Or maybe it just felt like it.

:rolleyes1

With that, we retired to our hotel rooms.

I thought you were supposed to retire to a place with 8 months of winter?

It's pretty awesome that your family has made such a nice connection with the FreezinRafiki family. I love the Wisconsin shirts. :)

They've become really good friends! Kindred spirits with the whole "try and reach 50 states" thing.

Looks like this day was tailor made for Drew between the tractors and the little rides at the amusement park that were just his size! He's so cute!

Yeah, he certainly was loving life. I think everybody else had a lot of fun, too.

Sarah's waffle sandwich looks very tasty!

As I recall, she did like it quite a bit.

Try the Frog Follies up here.

That's quite a lot of frogs in one place. Did you have a plague recently or something?

Coal shortage, perhaps?

That's really the only explanation.

And in Wisconsin, upon viewing the video, there was crying and gnashing of teeth.

I don't know what those kids did to deserve such treatment.

Well, let's be honest now (that'd be a first!) would you wear them?

No way! Those were kids' shirts; they would never fit.

They have pie!
I am so going to have to stop there next month.

I'm surprised you could even look past the cinnamon roll.

Then again: pie.

That's perfectly safe. Who wants a house there anyway?

He's going to start a demolition company when he grows up. No job too big. He's a natural.

Thanks for the tip! (Although I might just have pie.... and I don't want an egg on it.)

I can see where that would be kinda nasty. Maybe if you say, "I love peaches," they'll put extra peaches in the pie. Worth a shot.

Holy crap!

Just about the only appropriate reaction to a cinnamon roll that size.

They better be careful, Disney will shut them down.

Disney lawyers are no joke.

I'm not even a little surprised.

Did I mention the bacon? There was bacon too. It's basically a perfect meal.

Yep he seems bent on destruction... and happy about it, too.

This is his natural state. I can't believe our house is still standing. Then again, I haven't gone home for the day yet.

Nice shot of the clan. ::yes::

Thanks!

Understandable. The last thing you want is to get a tractor dirty.

:rotfl2: Museum pieces, every one of them. You'd hate to break the warranty, too.

They both lost.

Could be worse. Coulda gone on a glacier.

That 35-degree slope has me pretty intrigued.

:laughing: Great shot!

If only we could have left them there!

Okay, that looks like a blast.

Gotta say, it was pretty fun.

Of course. I would expect no less.

That's my boy.

Atta boy!
Right of passage, ya know.

We can laugh about it now. Because it wasn't my 4-wheeler.

Probably a wise decision.
But a less comical one.

You guys are all heart.

Meanwhile, the adults returned to the house where they played cards and had a generally nice, child free, afternoon.

Wouldn't that be wonderful? A guy can dream.

A whole month more of summer? I am there!!!

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Once again, everything is relative.

How did the root beer compare to Wurst Bier Hall's?

They were both very good. It's been so long now that I'm hard-pressed to say which was better.

So close.

Sooooo close.

Story of our lives.

Parent points earned.

You won't actually get them.... but, earned.

Oh, I'm very familiar with those! Very similar to Husband points.

Who wouldn't??

Trains. 'nuff said.

::yes:: I recognize that by the wave crests.

You've got a good eye for sinusoidal patterns.

I swallowed a fly! Am I gonna die?

I don't know! Better swallow a spider just in case.

Awww... What a good big sister.

Isn't she? Julie must have done something right to raise her that way.

Aiiyeee!!!

(Last words)

The vomitorium.

yep.

pkondz will run from this ride.

Yeah, I'm quite happy to sit that one out.

Apparently nothing? Otherwise you would've told us!

I couldn't believe how many accidents they got into within a 5-minute period! When Sarah gets her license, Julie can do the ride-alongs.

I thought you were supposed to retire to a place with 8 months of winter?

Who does that???

Oh, right. Canadians.

That's quite a lot of frogs in one place. Did you have a plague recently or something?

Don't think so. There was word of a horde of locusts... but the frogs took care of that, so I'm not sure.

I don't know what those kids did to deserve such treatment.

Must've been something really, really bad.

No way! Those were kids' shirts; they would never fit.

Good point.

pie trumps all.

Plus... TBH, I don't think I'd order that when travelling solo. I'd hardly put a dent in it!

Disney lawyers are no joke.

But at least when they point to you and say "I am suing your a**." they don't do it with just one finger.

Did I mention the bacon? There was bacon too. It's basically a perfect meal.

Bacon = perfection.

This is his natural state. I can't believe our house is still standing. Then again, I haven't gone home for the day yet.

I'm sorry for your loss.

That 35-degree slope has me pretty intrigued.

Liked that one, huh?

If only we could have left them there!

Lost opportunity.

We can laugh about it now. Because it wasn't my 4-wheeler.

Wouldn't that be wonderful? A guy can dream.

Don't worry... only about 20 more years to go.

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Once again, everything is relative.

True. I sometimes wonder what my relatives were thinking when they settled here.

They were both very good. It's been so long now that I'm hard-pressed to say which was better.

Taste test. (Reason's for going back... to both.)

Oh, I'm very familiar with those! Very similar to Husband points.

yep

You've got a good eye for sinusoidal patterns.

You do that too? Whenever I blow my nose to clear my sinusoidal, I always eye what came out.
I have no idea why. I mean, if it came out blue, I'd be like. "Huh. Must be normal."

When Sarah gets her license, Julie can do the ride-alongs.

smart move.

Didn't you get your check yet? Well, keep looking for it, I'm sure it will get there soon.

I've been waiting by the mailbox since your post. In the driving rain and blazing sun........I finally had to be led back to the house after making our blotter as a suspicious person. :-)

And yes, t-shirts were provided.

Cool shirts for the kiddos.

Yep. It was glorious.

looks quite yummy.

The kids did like the rides, though.

They all look like they were having a blast.

They hit it off well with our kids whenever we’re together.

Excellent - these are the memories all of the kids will think about fondly through adulthood. It's so great that you and Julie giving your family such wonderful experiences.

I remember this was the norm as a kid/teenager - riding in the back of a truck (now mom would never approve) - until the seatbelt laws went into effect.

As you know, it’s common practice to retire and move to a state that has winter 8 months out of the year.

This is the new trend.

“Caption me!”

....and then.....

Easy peasy fix - pie for dine in - cinnamon roll to go (for breakfast the next morning).

STOP THE BUS! I'm here! I'm late, but I'm here!

Chapter 20: I’m Not Going Home. I’m Going To Wisconsin.
Also acceptable: :C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin."

A few years ago, fellow DIS Dad Barry (@FreezinRafiki ), his wife Bambi and family were planning an East Coast vacation. Since they are on the same 50-state quest we are, they wanted to cross Delaware off their list, and had come to the (erroneous) conclusion that visiting us was the most interesting thing they could do in Delaware. Personally, I think we pale in comparison to Punkin Chunkin, but whatever.
The first time we came to Delaware, it was March. Looking around for something to do, it appears that Delaware doesn't open for the season until April.

Anyway, they were giving this trip to their kids as a Christmas present (in what world is a trip to Delaware a Christmas present? Their kids must have had a bad year) and they thought it would be cute for us to record a video announcing their itinerary. So, I had our kids record a video in which they told Barry and Bambi’s kids that they would be visiting “DELAWARE!!!! (and Philadelphia, and Baltimore, and Washington D.C.)…but MOSTLY DELAWARE!!!!”
I gotta admit, the movie had excellent production value. Cinematic Recording Arts Productions really outdid itself.

Apparently, this was a hit in their house, and Mostly Delaware!!!! became a new catchphrase for their kids. So, when they arrived on their visit, we provided them t-shirts welcoming them to (Mostly) Delaware. I assume these promptly made their way to the pile of car wash rags when they got home.
Evan still has the shirt in his closet. It hasn't fit him in years, but he still has it!

From there, we drove a ways north to what very well may be the best, most fun tourist attraction in all of Wisconsin. Barry led us to his family’s farm somewhere near the city of Appleton.
You make it sound like it's a secure, undisclosed location; vital to national security. Or that I grew up way out in the sticks - so far removed from civilization that it doesn't appear on maps.

One of those is true. I'll leave it up to you to figure out which.

Here’s a good view of the kids’ brand new t-shirts. I must grudgingly admit that these were cooler than the ones we provided for Barry’s kids.
They were Bambi's idea.

I think this was the prize tractor, because Barry wouldn’t let Drew drive this one. The kids did like the rides, though.

rti92UU636K8jOqn0k8E_7eytcaPWJth2rs6ye1Jt6i7bI6rUFkLWk7ZioIGIsPv3UNHk08KXiep9AHp5X7jbbHiNWEeMD9E2ZEhYZwsA7MlbQNUDDG7fq58mh6Gs2BOc1QDt7UYpOlZQiWcT2N2vkqBwgeh41hguIkvEr_cthBuAsy8BKm2zp_j8XAarpvw9Tu9aFMXdlw3eLJmlWsPd3pf9N_W7jjbE6iHd6CGyICt2GMH58_OhaR3YUfPrAb43fQ4N1OMgt_CmMzqzzMOVd_K-_eGJuzKD4oRT6osIV6f4xVDkbh1UPAelZKmCBSluOxMwlTHoeYO4KSK9M7137WDyFGlM1-1uq9Fa-hvulhEGrlCLhWyfNz6j7fJ9rqwZ5rqis6BoLcPA4mAlFQ0V8la393Ho1yKJ8NMJ-bKWrnx0p6YMEUxgTC4BowziVwnjzqyFWb7sSyD_50wQdTroEe2jKXOvfFJiuuOlt6UrpXBgZJo4fpOoZ1Ze0kK1CzXvJf1wnwO312unQ1h77B6kk29wWb4oLrdermd99UoGa8O5B-u1UKk53I8ritficHqCwIYs9K0E9psTBxXAkg33_dGywOwsHvwsdi2_dqD11g5S-4QOgCg=w1115-h836-no
Drew did drive! Well, he sort of held on to the steering wheel when we were going straight.

Barry and Bambi have three kids: their daughter, Madison, and sons Evan and Ryder. They hit it off well with our kids whenever we’re together. For example, Dave and Evan wasted no time climbing up the hay bales in the barn to see who could get the most rat and bird crap all over their clothing.
And that, well, that is a competition that nobody loses!

XWxshIVmBfeKmG910XCvUmMKXukh8jhpQ5eiRxnypHQ5wvzocY_U8GDrbRNGGiitPcvI1NQMyD4BD8QmZhO06brcb0ERQOEu6dUlbw6i7VJ0EtM61KDJLMRM_tn00CwRCaK-JRb3AT3CRqQJhl02YIiQ-zKIGIM1Wb8UzFtSbRFoE5yB8BSady7KDNndAq86fE0Arw7H_5DoSJsyV4KIDtpAnAgg30ARUyFhjgA3IIVhK4I-tAgctVtWymxn_PjaZPT2CpA-lTwEfowArJherKyaQPNYXg2zXklWM0tk0VZ1kIPgBpq2bDjm2MYXcqgE3N-jc-rU2JzKMn6Dyzc6SAgB7eNqbRwhDmXPiieePtFRIBIBV-SVVI5PWuHATmu5NlX6bn7_cuwFAVLR3icPsuD-yb4QpTDk_pEp1hWCoFNCU1NPEPigNQ2xblVyvEJIrtcTEV1tc-b-e7Gm3PhV993qexcNzeES985HXsefatyi9FYPIPQ0sRW9O5OjD0Ww7n5oZDXpRJDyP7rVaSVvod-asF4qwH64avlXoaUVSiTEgOAQC_phICcl0nzED_cMiR23Lhv_j9782pi4MVH8dnBZkef2mmP6TH9ThvAN2hjs9_zsb2zF=w1115-h836-no
The best part of living that far out in the sticks...um, I mean in a secure, undisclosed location... is that that safety rules don't apply!

At some point, Scotty was driving with poor Bambi riding shotgun, along with a couple of the kids. Somehow, Scotty managed to drive off the road and into the one and only mud puddle on the entire property. And he got the 4-wheeler stuck.

I was going to go try and help push them out, but then Scotty gunned the engine and sent a 6-foot shower of mud spraying behind him. And I thought, “You know what? Let’s see if they can manage.” Bambi displayed the patience of a saint as she instructed Scotty on how to slowly rock back and forth, forward and reverse, until he could drive himself out of the hole. It only took about 3 hours or so, but they did get free.
Ah! This memory will stick with me for quite a while. I was coming back from taking someone (it may have been Sarah and Drew) in the big blue New Holland and drove up to the mud puddle. Scotty was trying to rock it and throwing mud around. I opened the tractor door and asked Bambi if she had it in 4 wheel drive. Her response:

"SHUT *UP*! THIS THING HAS 4 WHEEL DRIVE?!?!"

That model has electronic 4 wheel drive, where you need to push a button on the dashboard to engage it. Scotty pushed it, and they drove right out.

This turned out to be a stroke of genius.
Again, Bambi's idea.

The big kids tried out the swings…

Kf6OtllK_kyoU3vuZ0aJGmf16OMMzUs9r0Uxo-KUdpyx_iNTjHiNfmY4K18kZH9wp8EeaQRk4GoKBQInFd4cnX_SYD6fYfL7O-EZbcbmVkH0vjwUq7sZYXY2JWilVxuwMZjkqbp9uNXig8DcaVzVmIW9F5LNIKVT2gfO40WFab1b6NBr_K7UFzIcaz2skWTJ9P5fMchyQ73sRQy2hhzgkwAC6eTzt1ouCMAKcF62BGY3zUb21IJgojXCqjhtxs9S0bDY-Oxb9h25HMewr08xU267uq7qedbGzDatXJHjGJW7TqePTM3wiOS4fq3Xrb7cQS5SL4g_jEyWEOCO3qDmW037AEEdiFtkLBzBjZSrw9CZLk-bJgRrIF5IlvI1VFPg2zp21MDljvqB1IwgMCWiB0qbmReiem1ipibsT7XpSLQGNw0NyWE4TuCMvOX01SEW7irJCLgxRDnr52bUs6HfsQOmBZ3-zFlzJIkEjOVttVD3gjSoIeBbn_Did-hGopqmznXdJa0sLpCOUaHyhaqbeoowDu9jsum16k5Bvo6ASsUfgxkvnb7N168KMl779-Ab5W08EWkmHeW52iiNtDgYm3lvKGN1qaNqBVpEXxYh6O9XCWjqN1jT=w1224-h816-no
Someone lost a shoe. I don't recall exactly which one, but I remember someone losing a shoe. I'm pretty sure it was Evan, because that sounds like something that happen to him.

Sure, they look happy now. But when it gets going, how many of them will hurl?

Dave needs to work on his "OK, now everybody throw up!" face.

If you said “all of them,” consider yourself a winner! And clean up that mess.
That's what all those bags of sawdust is for!

Ah, we've got insurance. It will be fine.

For their last ride of the evening, Scotty and Sarah hopped on the Ferris wheel. Thanks to the carny’s incredibly confusing loading/unloading system, they would do maybe one or two revolutions, then sit suspended in the air for about 20 minutes while somebody got on or off, then another revolution, then sit, and so on.
Just more time on the ride, folks. You're welcome!

Don't think so. There was word of a horde of locusts... but the frogs took care of that, so I'm not sure.

Ok, I guess it's clear to visit. But if the rivers turn to blood, I'm outta there.

Must've been something really, really bad.

They probably set the fork on the right side of the plate at dinner.

pie trumps all.

Plus... TBH, I don't think I'd order that when travelling solo. I'd hardly put a dent in it!

Can't blame you there! Took all 6 of us to take it down.

But at least when they point to you and say "I am suing your a**." they don't do it with just one finger.

They're so considerate that way!

Bacon = perfection.

::yes:: No further comment necessary.

I'm sorry for your loss.

This kid. :headache:

Liked that one, huh?

It was definitely way out of the ordinary. Hard to believe they can even navigate that.

Don't worry... only about 20 more years to go.

:faint: And we did this to ourselves. That's the worst part.

True. I sometimes wonder what my relatives were thinking when they settled here.

"Well, we brought all this meat...would be a shame if it spoiled. Better go north."

Taste test. (Reason's for going back... to both.)

I like it! It's as good a reason as any.

You do that too? Whenever I blow my nose to clear my sinusoidal, I always eye what came out.
I have no idea why. I mean, if it came out blue, I'd be like. "Huh. Must be normal."

Somehow, I knew when I said "sinusoidal", we'd be going in this direction.

In any case, just remember: you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

I've been waiting by the mailbox since your post. In the driving rain and blazing sun........I finally had to be led back to the house after making our blotter as a suspicious person. :-)

Wow, that's quite the ordeal! I'm so sorry! I'd better go mail another check. :rolleyes1

Cool shirts for the kiddos.

He did a great job!:thumbsup2

looks quite yummy.

They all look like they were having a blast.

Going fast, and getting dirty. What's not to like?

Excellent - these are the memories all of the kids will think about fondly through adulthood. It's so great that you and Julie giving your family such wonderful experiences.

Thank you! We often say it's the best money we ever spent. The kids really seem to love it, so hopefully it's working the way it should!

I remember this was the norm as a kid/teenager - riding in the back of a truck (now mom would never approve) - until the seatbelt laws went into effect.

We had awesome childhoods. You just never realize it at the time.

This is the new trend.

Well...count me out. I hate being cold.

....and then.....

:mic:

Easy peasy fix - pie for dine in - cinnamon roll to go (for breakfast the next morning).

I like the way you think!:thumbsup2

STOP THE BUS! I'm here! I'm late, but I'm here!

Finally! We were missing the star attraction. I stalled as long as I could.

Also acceptable: :C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin."

To be honest, I went with the first Wisconsin movie quote Google gave me.

The first time we came to Delaware, it was March. Looking around for something to do, it appears that Delaware doesn't open for the season until April.

I cannot deny this. Unless you want to go to the movies or something.

I gotta admit, the movie had excellent production value. Cinematic Recording Arts Productions really outdid itself.

:thumbsup2 We spare no expense!

Evan still has the shirt in his closet. It hasn't fit him in years, but he still has it!

Hey, that's better than I could have hoped for! Sounds like it's time for Ryder to get a hand-me-down.

You make it sound like it's a secure, undisclosed location; vital to national security. Or that I grew up way out in the sticks - so far removed from civilization that it doesn't appear on maps.

One of those is true. I'll leave it up to you to figure out which.

I'm pretty sure I would struggle to find it again on my own.

They were Bambi's idea.

Well, now that makes sense.

Drew did drive! Well, he sort of held on to the steering wheel when we were going straight.

I taught him everything he knows about driving!:thumbsup2

And that, well, that is a competition that nobody loses!

Or nobody wins, depending on your point of view.

The best part of living that far out in the sticks...um, I mean in a secure, undisclosed location... is that that safety rules don't apply!

:woohoo:party::jumping1:

Ah! This memory will stick with me for quite a while. I was coming back from taking someone (it may have been Sarah and Drew) in the big blue New Holland and drove up to the mud puddle. Scotty was trying to rock it and throwing mud around. I opened the tractor door and asked Bambi if she had it in 4 wheel drive. Her response:

"SHUT *UP*! THIS THING HAS 4 WHEEL DRIVE?!?!"

That model has electronic 4 wheel drive, where you need to push a button on the dashboard to engage it. Scotty pushed it, and they drove right out.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Thanks for filling that in. It had been a while, and I'd forgotten that part!

Again, Bambi's idea.

I sense a trend here.

Someone lost a shoe. I don't recall exactly which one, but I remember someone losing a shoe. I'm pretty sure it was Evan, because that sounds like something that happen to him.

My default is Scotty, because that stuff just happens.

Dave needs to work on his "OK, now everybody throw up!" face.

Yeah, he's not great at hamming it up for the photos. His brother could teach him some lessons. Or Evan, in this case.

That's what all those bags of sawdust is for!

Oh. I wish you'd told me before I stepped in it.

:woohoo: I'm gonna take this a as a sign that I can take the rest of the decade off from parenting responsibilities!

There are days...

I feel really bad every time I say no. I feel like living on the East Coast hurts me in terms of travel times, with the exception of the major cities on the mid-Atlantic coast. But I still feel like I'm letting you and @pkondz down.

Right now, it's looking like we hit the Pacific Northwest in summer 2019. Can I make a reservation now?

We'll make it work out one of these days. :) Summer, '19 is looking good. :)

This seems like a trade-down to me. :rotfl:

Yes, that's how I'd view it too. :bitelip:

I think he was mortified. He thought he was going to be in big trouble with Bambi.

Needless angst, I"m sure.

They told us they moved out there mostly to be closer to her parents so she could take care of them, so that made more sense.

I can see that. I can also see myself being there about 2 months and trying to talk everyone into a mass migration to someplace more.... reasonable.

I don't know how I ever got on these things when I was younger.

Everything changed after I had a few kids. (Too bad you don't have that excuse. )

Finally! We were missing the star attraction. I stalled as long as I could.
You're mocking me, aren't you?

To be honest, I went with the first Wisconsin movie quote Google gave me.
Probably for the best. The next line in that movie also references Wisconsin, but is pretty much NSFW.

My default is Scotty, because that stuff just happens.
It's possible that Evan lost Scotty's shoe. Or that Scotty lost Evan, but kept his shoe. I wouldn't be surprised by either.

Ok, I guess it's clear to visit. But if the rivers turn to blood, I'm outta there.

OMG.

You have no idea what the main river (we have three) is that runs through our city.

Red River.

They probably set the fork on the right side of the plate at dinner.

:faint:

Can't blame you there! Took all 6 of us to take it down.

See!!!

:faint: And we did this to ourselves. That's the worst part.

What were we thinking?

I know what we were doing.

"Well, we brought all this meat...would be a shame if it spoiled. Better go north."

<jaw drops>

You've done it. You've solved the greatest mystery in Canada.

I like it! It's as good a reason as any.

Somehow, I knew when I said "sinusoidal", we'd be going in this direction.

It was pretty inevitable.

In any case, just remember: you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

What if Bill Gates was your friend and he said "Mark. If you let me pick your nose for just a second, I'll give you one hundred million dollars."

Still no?

What about a stranger? Ask @Steppesister if she'd let someone in her nose.

What if Bill Gates was your friend and he said "Mark. If you let me pick your nose for just a second, I'll give you one hundred million dollars."

Still no?

What about a stranger? Ask @Steppesister if she'd let someone in her nose.

I'm so busy right now I don't have time any more. I'd be terribly grateful for someone to fill that gap for me.

:ssst:

:rolleyes2

Since they are on the same 50-state quest we are, they wanted to cross Delaware off their list

Many people do, even the ones not on a 50-state quest.

Anyway, they were giving this trip to their kids as a Christmas present (in what world is a trip to Delaware a Christmas present? Their kids must have had a bad year) and they thought it would be cute for us to record a video announcing their itinerary. So, I had our kids record a video in which they told Barry and Bambi’s kids that they would be visiting “DELAWARE!!!! (and Philadelphia, and Baltimore, and Washington D.C.)…but MOSTLY DELAWARE!!!!”

That's pretty hilarious.

featuring home-cooked meals and especially hearty breakfasts.

Isn't it ironic how we describe something that's not heart-healthy as "hearty"?

Bambi displayed the patience of a saint as she instructed Scotty on how to slowly rock back and forth, forward and reverse, until he could drive himself out of the hole.

That's actually a good lesson right there; could come in handy someday. Props to Bambi.

And I can't believe how big Barry and Bambi's kids have gotten! I thought everybody else's kids were frozen in time.

Julie and I stopped very briefly in Appleton to visit some friends from our old church in Delaware who had relocated to Wisconsin upon retirement. As you know, it’s common practice to retire and move to a state that has winter 8 months out of the year.

Well, at least they got out of...no, I'm not gonna say it. ;)

There are days...

It's fun to dream, isn't it?

We'll make it work out one of these days. :) Summer, '19 is looking good. :)

Right now, it's looking like 2018 is going to be a temporary hiatus from state-hunting while we arrange for Drew's first Disney trip. :woohoo:

Needless angst, I"m sure.

Absolutely.

I can see that. I can also see myself being there about 2 months and trying to talk everyone into a mass migration to someplace more.... reasonable.

I'm surprised they've lasted this long.

Everything changed after I had a few kids. (Too bad you don't have that excuse. )

Oh, sure. Kids had absolutely zero effect on my life.;)

You're mocking me, aren't you?

I would never dream of it!

Probably for the best. The next line in that movie also references Wisconsin, but is pretty much NSFW.

They're never as effective when you have to bleep them out.

It's possible that Evan lost Scotty's shoe. Or that Scotty lost Evan, but kept his shoe. I wouldn't be surprised by either.

We can't really rule anything out with these guys. At least we didn't cause any rifts in the space-time continuum. At least, I don't think we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter