A Grand Dream of a Honeymoon - June 2011

Love the cruise pictures! The ship looks amazing! :thumbsup2

The door magnets look great and how sweet of your sister to surprise you guys.

Sounds like a fabulous first day!!! :goodvibes Your dress is beautiful too! Can't wait to hear about Castaway Cay!

Great updates, looks like embarkation was painless :) Must make a note to ask for the non US line :)

The Dream really does look like a "Dream" and so far your first day looked magical. Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Hi, Emma! I just found your TR and am following along. The Dream looks amazing. Can't wait for your next update!

Wow the Dream looks amazing! We've never done a cruise, but I'd love to. Sounds like you had a great relaxing first day.

Love all of the cruise pictures

It really looks like such an amazing ship! I have never wanted to go on a crusie in my life but after seeing various TR's on the ship I really want to!

I love all of the goodies you had in your room when you arrived, such a nice touch.

Can't believe there is mini golf on the ship! It looks like so much fun!

Thank you! It really was an amazing ship - I'd seen many pictures and video of it before we went, but actually seeing it myself was incredible :goodvibes
I was really glad to have pre-ordered some drinks and the photo credits for our room - the bottled water was particularly useful for our days on Castaway Cay and in Nassau. And the gifts from my sister were so lovely - we kept the decorations up for the whole cruise! :cutie:

Joining in! We're coming to Europe for a cruise for out Honeymoon!

Congrats on the marriage!

Thank you for reading so far! Are you going on a Disney cruise around Europe? Hope you are enjoying the wedding & honeymoon planning :goodvibes

Really enjoying this TR, we are having a very similar honeymoon next May at WDW and on the Dream. Can't wait to hear more! Congratulations on the wedding.

Laura

Thank you for reading Laura! I hope you love the cruise ship as much as we did - we already can't wait to do another cruise in the future! :cloud9:

Wow Emma!!!! I want to go on a Cruise!!! What an amazing start! I can't wait to read more xx

Thanks Sara! I think you would love the cruise - the Dream was like the ultimate Disney hotel, but out at sea! :wizard:

When I was younger I was really interested in taking a cruise, but kinda forgot about it as I got older. Now with reading your TR it makes me want to take one!

It's incredible how a ship with so many people can actually look empty in some places!

What's this navigator you are talking about receiving?

Hi Mel!
I hope I am describing the cruise ok - we really didn't know what to expect, if we'd like a cruise-style vacation, but we both loved it.. there was so much to do, but you didn't have to do anything really!

The navigators are a leaflet that you get in your stateroom each night about activities on the ship the next day.. it highlights a few special things, then has an hour-by-hour grid which shows you things for adults/teens/tweens/families and kids... it was really useful and now make great souvenirs!

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Emma- Your pictures and descriptions are great! :thumbsup2 I wasn't sure whether I would ever want to go on a cruise (we've gone back and forth with the idea) but this makes me want to go on one and you have only been on the boat for a short time.

Thank you! I'm not sure we would ever have considered going on a cruise if it wasn't a Disney one ;) but now I think we'd enjoy trying other cruise lines too (maybe!) .. it's such a different style of vacation, very relaxing but lots of opportunities to try out new things & visit many places :goodvibes

I love your pictures! I can't believe how gorgeous the Dream is! I love the dress you wore to dinner, too!

Thank you! The ship was beautiful - even the corridors and staircases were gorgeously decorated(and Disney music was played quietly too!)
Thank you for the compliment on the dress - I'd saved up money specifically for our honeymoon wardrobes, so we both had plenty of lovely new clothes to wear! :cutie:

Wow Emma, your first day on the Dream sounds amazing! Almost makes me want to do another Disney cruise! :rotfl:

Thanks Nikki - it was a great first day! Reading about your cruise on honeymoon made me think a lot more about going on one.. it was also the reason we did cruise/wdw rather than the other way around, just in case it wasn't our thing - we knew we still had a week at WDW to look forward too lol :goodvibes

Love the cruise pictures! The ship looks amazing! :thumbsup2

The door magnets look great and how sweet of your sister to surprise you guys.

Thank you!
I was really glad I made the magnets - if only to recognise our door more easily, the corridors of staterooms are very long! :laughing: I had read that sometimes the magnets go 'missing' during the cruise but luckily none of ours did.
The gifts from my sister were so sweet - she is so good at thinking up surprises! :cloud9:

Sounds like a fabulous first day!!! :goodvibes Your dress is beautiful too! Can't wait to hear about Castaway Cay!

Thank you! I will try to get to my next update asap :goodvibes

Great updates, looks like embarkation was painless :) Must make a note to ask for the non US line :)

The Dream really does look like a "Dream" and so far your first day looked magical. Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Thanks Stefy... I'm not sure if you will need the non-US queue for check-in or if there is a separate one for concierge? It's good to know about though :thumbsup2

I think 'Dream' is the perfect name for that ship!

Hi, Emma! I just found your TR and am following along. The Dream looks amazing. Can't wait for your next update!

Thank you for reading along! Will get to next update soon

Wow the Dream looks amazing! We've never done a cruise, but I'd love to. Sounds like you had a great relaxing first day.

Thank you! The cruise was really fantastic - I think most WDW fans would enjoy one, if you ever get the chance to go :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Fantastic update! That is an amazing ship... I can't believe how big it is, and how much there is to do. Love the Skyline bar!

I'm finally here! This is starting to look like a fantastic honeymoon! You're making me REALLY want to go on a cruise now! I like that you were able to be seated by yourselves. I don't know that I'd necessarily want to be socializing with people I don't know during meal times on my honeymoon. Looking forward to more!

Hi Emma, my name's Emma too! :thumbsup2 I'm subbing in for your TR!!You've had a great first day! I love all the pictures. What a fun cruise! Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Hi. :goodvibes The ship looks amazing. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to read more. I just received our c.d. on the Disney cruises. I think tomorrow I will have to put it in and watch.;)

Hi Mel!
I hope I am describing the cruise ok - we really didn't know what to expect, if we'd like a cruise-style vacation, but we both loved it.. there was so much to do, but you didn't have to do anything really!

The navigators are a leaflet that you get in your stateroom each night about activities on the ship the next day.. it highlights a few special things, then has an hour-by-hour grid which shows you things for adults/teens/tweens/families and kids... it was really useful and now make great souvenirs!

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

You are doing a great job so far at explaining the cruise. Those navigators sound like just the thing DH and I would spend hours reading and re-reading coming back from our trip to reminisce about it.

I'm so excited to hear about Castaway Cay. I read all about Jennifer's cruise on the Dream in the spring and Castaway Cay is my ideal paradise!!! She had such a beautiful day there.

My family is going on a western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston Texas on the Royal Caribbean ship Mariner of the Seas. As I read of your start to your cruise, I was thinking... Oh... we won't have Cabanas, oh... we won't have any enchanted pictures or garden... and we won't have any sail away party! Would you believe RCCL just pulls out of the dock with no fanfare and no warning.... just starts moving!! :eek: I can't wait to someday do a cruise on the Dream.... or any Disney ship will do for that matter!

I think what I'm going to miss the most about our cruise is that Royal Caribbean doesn't obviously go to Castaway Cay. RCCL has their own island somewhere, but we're not going there. My in-laws picked the cruise, and then asked us if we wanted to join them. We do!! Dont' have to ask me twice... but its still not Disney!::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Awesome report so far :love: it's the first one I've read that really makes me want to book a Disney cruise!!

Fantastic update! That is an amazing ship... I can't believe how big it is, and how much there is to do. Love the Skyline bar!

Thank you! The ship really was huge - and yet, when we were on it, it doesn't feel too big to make your way around :thumbsup2.. I guess there's a lot of areas on the ship that you don't need to go (like other decks of staterooms) - that was the only time we went to the Skyline bar but we could've gone again, it was so well-themed! We have the light-up ice cubes as souvenirs at home now :goodvibes

I'm finally here! This is starting to look like a fantastic honeymoon! You're making me REALLY want to go on a cruise now! I like that you were able to be seated by yourselves. I don't know that I'd necessarily want to be socializing with people I don't know during meal times on my honeymoon. Looking forward to more!

Hi Rachel! Thank you for reading along so far :goodvibes the cruise was sooo much fun, we loved it. I was prepared to sit with other people at the restaurants, but it was much nicer just being the two of us as it was our honeymoon :cloud9:

Hi Emma, my name's Emma too! :thumbsup2 I'm subbing in for your TR!!You've had a great first day! I love all the pictures. What a fun cruise! Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Hi! Thank you for reading, I'll get to next update soon :thumbsup2

AMAZING start! Can't wait to read more--congrats :goodvibes

Hi Katie! Nice to have you here :goodvibes

Hi. :goodvibes The ship looks amazing. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to read more. I just received our c.d. on the Disney cruises. I think tomorrow I will have to put it in and watch.;)

Hi! Have you watched the dvd yet? We couldn't get one shipped over here but luckily all the videos were on the DCL website.. I watched them alot before we went! :cutie:

I don't think Disney will be in Europe while we're there, we're taking a Celebrity Cruise.

Sure you'll have a great time - there must be so many different ports & countries those cruises can visit :goodvibes

You are doing a great job so far at explaining the cruise. Those navigators sound like just the thing DH and I would spend hours reading and re-reading coming back from our trip to reminisce about it.

Thanks Mel... I'd read a tip to take a highligher pen on the cruise, so that we could circle everything we wanted to do each day! :thumbsup2 another DISer was on the same cruise as us, Leshaface, and she has scanned much bigger copies of the navigators onto her TR if you'd like to see them closer :goodvibes

I am just catching up and enjoying your TR so far :goodvibes

Thank you very much!

I'm so excited to hear about Castaway Cay. I read all about Jennifer's cruise on the Dream in the spring and Castaway Cay is my ideal paradise!!! She had such a beautiful day there.

My family is going on a western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston Texas on the Royal Caribbean ship Mariner of the Seas. As I read of your start to your cruise, I was thinking... Oh... we won't have Cabanas, oh... we won't have any enchanted pictures or garden... and we won't have any sail away party! Would you believe RCCL just pulls out of the dock with no fanfare and no warning.... just starts moving!! :eek: I can't wait to someday do a cruise on the Dream.... or any Disney ship will do for that matter!

I think what I'm going to miss the most about our cruise is that Royal Caribbean doesn't obviously go to Castaway Cay. RCCL has their own island somewhere, but we're not going there. My in-laws picked the cruise, and then asked us if we wanted to join them. We do!! Dont' have to ask me twice... but its still not Disney!::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

I'm sure it'll be a great cruise Mindy :goodvibes - I would like to try other cruise lines to compare them to DCL (my parents really enjoy Princess cruises).. but I know we will definitely go on another Disney one someday - and Castaway Cay was paradise! I'll try get to my next update soon... my evenings have been busy writing wedding thank you cards this week :bride:

Emma princess: x

Enjoying your TR! DBF and I (we don't have kids) will be on the Dream followed by a few days at WDW in less than two months, and I love reading couple TRs! Belated congratulations on the wedding! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter