A Golden-Grand-Slam-Outta-the-Park Alaskan Cruise! COMPLETE 7/18!!!!!!

Thank you for writing such a truly incredible TR!! I hope I have the pleasure of discovering another one of yours soon! This one just reinforced that yes, Alaska needs to be on our list for 2016!!

Loved your trip report!!! It brought back so many memories from the cruise we took several years ago on NCL. Would love to go back, too!!! Looking forward to you next report!!!

Loved the TR! My husband and I have decided that our next cruise will be to Alaska, and that 98% because of the wonderful pictures and story told in your TR report!

Nice finish! I hate disembarkation day, so sad.

That lunch looked really good, Pods' sammy looked especially yummy with all that cheese (I love just about anything with cheese, LOL)

I want to go back!!!! Alaska was an amazing cruise. I will have to get the big magnets next time - mine kept falling off also. Have a great time on the Fantasy in a few weeks!

We have been home for all of 4 days, and I want to go back as well!! I would really like to see what Alaska looks like with some sunshine. It rained on us pretty much all week. Loved it anyway though.

Glad to see you back Ellen!!

Jodie

Hi Ellen - I loved your TR. Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us. We took the EBTA this summer and spent a few extra days in Amsterdam and Bruges, Belgium. While in Bruges there was a bike incident immediately next to us as we were walking through the town- EEK! I immediately thought of your family :D.

Lovely from start to finish. Really hope this cruise is in the cards for us someday.

I loved your TR so much! Will be going to Alaska next year so this gave me great things to think about & dream about!

We would of sat at the airport. You have such great tips.

My family is planning a Med. cruise for 2017. Everyone has been ordered by my oldest dd to start saving.

We have been home for all of 4 days, and I want to go back as well!! I would really like to see what Alaska looks like with some sunshine. It rained on us pretty much all week. Loved it anyway though.

Glad to see you back Ellen!!

Jodie

I am so sad you did not have the best weather up there, Jodie! You just never know what you will get in Alaska. Kristi had beautiful weather- did you see a lot of animals at least? I am REALLY enjoying your TR, by the way!!!!

Thank you for writing such a truly incredible TR!! I hope I have the pleasure of discovering another one of yours soon! This one just reinforced that yes, Alaska needs to be on our list for 2016!!

You are so kind and you are so welcome! I will keep writing them- not sure which trip the next one will be. The Magic was awesome- with my friends- but we are about to go on the Fantasy...and that will be sooo nice, I am sure... but then it might be nice to write about Celebrity for a change.....we shall see! :)

Loved your trip report!!! It brought back so many memories from the cruise we took several years ago on NCL. Would love to go back, too!!! Looking forward to you next report!!!

It is so nice to relive vacations this way, I think! :) I seriously wonder if there is anyone who DOESN'T want to go back to Alaska?!

Thank You for writing such a wonderful report.

You are so welcome- thanks for thanking me. It always means a lot when people do! :goodvibes

Loved the TR! My husband and I have decided that our next cruise will be to Alaska, and that 98% because of the wonderful pictures and story told in your TR report!

WOW!! I am glad I could help! You will love it, I feel sure! :jumping1:

Nice finish! I hate disembarkation day, so sad.

That lunch looked really good, Pods' sammy looked especially yummy with all that cheese (I love just about anything with cheese, LOL)

Everything there was delicious- definitely would be there more often if it wasn't an $800 plane trip away! :rotfl:

Hi Ellen - I loved your TR. Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us. We took the EBTA this summer and spent a few extra days in Amsterdam and Bruges, Belgium. While in Bruges there was a bike incident immediately next to us as we were walking through the town- EEK! I immediately thought of your family :D.

Hi Saamh! Thank you for the kind praise- it was my joy and pleasure to relive it with you! My boss and co-worker were on the TA this year! And stayed on the Magic for a bunch after- then toured around Europe, and came back to more Magic. We are all drooling over just the TA! I loved the Magic this May!

So, I have become THAT family! The one that comes to mind in bike incidents! :rotfl: LOL- I hope no one got hurt! My girlfriend Gina was in Amsterdam this past May- right around tulip time. She said she saw lots of bike incidents. Also said it was breathtaking (the tulips and the city- not so much on the bike incidents!).

Lovely from start to finish. Really hope this cruise is in the cards for us someday.

Thanks so much, old DISpal- I hope you get to go someday, too!

I loved your TR so much! Will be going to Alaska next year so this gave me great things to think about & dream about!

Thank YOU sooooo much! I am envious of your trip- it really is as incredible as I described. Love every moment!!:goodvibes

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise with all of us. Enjoy the next one!

You are welcome and I sure will!! Hard not to, right?!

We would of sat at the airport. You have such great tips.

My family is planning a Med. cruise for 2017. Everyone has been ordered by my oldest dd to start saving.

You would not have just sat at the airport! Well...at least you won't now, right?? :rotfl: The Med!!!! Sounds fabulous!! I will DEFINITELY do a TR on that one (of mine) in Sept 2016- SOOO EXCITING!!!!!

Great TR Ellen. Thanks so much for all the amazing photos and sharing your experiences.

You're welcome, Chris- I am really going to miss you and Bobby when I am having those Italian cocktails in a few weeks.....:hug:

Oh my goodness, I just read this entire TR in one sitting. Ok, so I got up to go to the bathroom and get a snack, but I was so engulfed in it! I was on an Alaskan Cruise ( Royal Caribbean ) back in 08, the most amazing experience of my life. I like how you said you teared up typing about the whales because I tear up when I think of our whale encounters too, we also saw a momma and her baby (Orcas) from our ship, we also saw a humpback breach on our whale watching tour in Juneau. Maybe we are just a bunch of blubbering idiots, but it is so magical (pun intended) . I cannot wait to get back to Alaska someday, thanks for letting me visit thorough your report!!

Last edited:
Yes, we saw tons of animals! The bears of Anan were my favorite I think. We had a great time regardless of the weather.

Glad you're enjoying my TR. Its fun to write cause I get to relive it. Makes me smile.

J

Another fantastic TR! Alaska is totally moving up on my bucket list. Some of these days! That server really looked tiny next to your boys!

Can't wait to read your next TR!

Jill in CO

Wow! You finished with a bang! Looks like an awesome trip. I'm glad you made it to Gastown so you could show me the pics! :rotfl2: I'm not sure now what happened, but somehow we missed it.

I know you are looking forward to your next cruise. I hope you will come back with a TR or at least some pucs! Our 2016 cruise got changed to DLR with the grands, but I'm not complaining! :bitelip:

Oh my goodness, I just read this entire TR in one sitting. Ok, so I got up to go to the bathroom and get a snack, but I was so engulfed in it! I was on an Alaskan Cruise ( Royal Caribbean ) back in 08, the most amazing experience of my life. I like how you said you teared up typing about the whales because I tear up when I think of our whale encounters too, we also saw a momma and her baby (Orcas) from our ship, we also saw a humpback breach on our whale watching tour in Juneau. Maybe we are just a bunch of blubbering idiots, but it is so magical (pun intended) . I cannot wait to get back to Alaska someday, thanks for letting me visit thorough your report!!

LOL, you are cracking' me up!! Very glad to hear you did not deprive yourself of bathroom or food, I would feel too guilty then!

You saw Orcas?! Amazing! And a breach?! Double amazing! You have every right to blubber away- I know I always do. SO magical, most definitely. And we are in the same club now- the I went once, I gotta go back to Alaska club. There are plenty of members, I feel certain.

What RCCL ship were you on?

Yes, we saw tons of animals! The bears of Anan were my favorite I think. We had a great time regardless of the weather.

Glad you're enjoying my TR. Its fun to write cause I get to relive it. Makes me smile.

J

BINGO- it's fun to write because I get to relive it. I wish everyone who has never written one knew this fact. That is certainly why I can't stop. And it is always SO GOOD to SHARE. :thumbsup2

Another fantastic TR! Alaska is totally moving up on my bucket list. Some of these days! That server really looked tiny next to your boys!

Can't wait to read your next TR!

Jill in CO

Jill!!!

I miss you my girlfriend!!! You have GOT to go to ALASKA- it is CRAZY beautiful!! But I guess you see this stuff (minus the water) all the time, right? Still- GO! xo

Wow! You finished with a bang! Looks like an awesome trip. I'm glad you made it to Gastown so you could show me the pics! :rotfl2: I'm not sure now what happened, but somehow we missed it.

I know you are looking forward to your next cruise. I hope you will come back with a TR or at least some pucs! Our 2016 cruise got changed to DLR with the grands, but I'm not complaining! :bitelip:

LOL, it happens- always need a reason to go back, right? And I would never complain about going anywhere with those Grandkids- they are TOO CUTE!!!

I mean, we were ALL enjoying them!

Loved meeting you, Tammie- after soooo many years!

I could have sworn that I commented over here! Sounds like you had a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter