A Foodie and 2 boys that could care less....

CatNipRules

DIS Veteran
Okay, so our Trip is in September of this year. I've got some first draft plans.

Mickey&Chris.jpg

1. Garden Grill- One of our family favorites. I know a lot of people don't like it, but it's one of our favorites. I'm considering doing breakfast this time. Since we usually do a late dinner I'm thinking that a breakfast might be worth doing. We love EPCOT and a breakfast there is amazing. My son was 5 in this picture. The character interaction has always been amazing. Unless it's super busy, the characters usually come by multiple times.

2. Breakfast at Tusker House- We've done this a few times in the past and we always love it. I like that it's a buffet and that you can try what you want. Since my son is such a picky eater it's great for him. He even tried plantains on our last trip. Score one for mom!! LOL!! Here's a picture of him with Goofy. It was his father's favorite character. He could even do the voice. So it was kind of bitter sweet for us:

TuskerHouse.jpg

3. Crystal Palace: I love, love, love Eeyore. He's hands down my favorite Disney character. He's just amazing. Again, it's another buffet so I don't have do worry about the child not eating. This is a rare picture of me. LOL!! I do not like having my picture taken. LOL!!

16178448_10210005039976756_9026334124808324683_o.jpg

4.Teppan Edo- We've eaten there once in the past and we loved it. Even the picky child found something to eat. And the show is quite entertaining.

5. Le Cellier- I'm strongly considering this one. My son and I both love steak. We've eaten there in the past and we love it.This is a definite maybe for us.

6. Hoop Dee Doo- We are considering this one. Simply because we've never done this before. It's a toss up between this one and Mickey's Backyard BBQ. I've heard good things about both. Still batting this one around.

7. Be Our Guest: Dinner here sounds amazing. Plus, you get to meet Beast. In the all the years that I've gone to Disney I've never met him. I think I'm more excited about that than anything. LOL!!

8. We are considering the 50's Prime Time Cafe. We've eaten there before and the food is quite good. Hopefully we will get a great server.

9. This is one that I'm not 100% sure about. My son likes it. I usually like it also, but on our last trip. It was only so, so. My steak was cooked perfectly, but my sons had to be sent back 3 times. Even then it still wasn't right. It was way overcooked. I know I should have asked for a manager, but it was out first day there and we had spent all day driving and we were tired. If we decide to go and this happens again I will ask for a manager. We sat in the ice room:

TRex.jpg

Got a few more to toss around. It's hard when my son decides not to help with the planning. So, we are going to see what I can come up with. Whenever I ask about where he wants to eat I get the same answer: I don't care. LOL!! These are just the preliminary plans for right now. I still have time before I need to finalize the plans.

Last edited:
HDDR is much better than Mickey's Backyard BBQ in our opinion. The show is campy, but funny. The food was much better.

As for T-Rex, the food is okay, the atmosphere is awesome. We always find something we enjoy eating. Sometimes we just get appetizers and dessert.

Another strong vote for HDDR. Mickey's Backyard Barbeque is really focused on children way younger than your son. Stick with HDDR.
T Rex is not on our radar at all. If you are going to go to DS, there are so many new, exciting restaurants to try. Look At Chef Art Smith's Homecoming menu as an example. There also seem to be several really good new QS as well: Blaze Pizza, D Luxe Burger etc

Another strong vote for HDDR. Mickey's Backyard Barbeque is really focused on children way younger than your son. Stick with HDDR.
T Rex is not on our radar at all. If you are going to go to DS, there are so many new, exciting restaurants to try. Look At Chef Art Smith's Homecoming menu as an example. There also seem to be several really good new QS as well: Blaze Pizza, D Luxe Burger etc
I am seriously wanting to do HDDR. My son is the one that wants to do T-Rex. He loves that restaurant. I might try to steer him towards Blaze Pizza. We tried D Luxe Burger and he wasn't impressed. LOL!!

I'm going to have both of the boys come and we are going to do a brainstorming session. All of us are going to sit down and we are going to look at the different menus and restaurants.. Surely between the 3 of us we can come up with something. LOL!!

So here are the restaurants that I have as a preliminary outline.

T-Rex- Yes, I know I said that I hate this restaurant. However, my son really wants to give it another try. He promised me that if it's just as bad as it was the last time, then we will skip it next time.

Ohana's Breakfast- We loved the last time we ate here for breakfast. Plus, Chris and Jordan both love Stitch. So, I'm giving into the pressure and gonna do it. LOL!! I love the POG juice though. LOL!!

Be Our Guest-Dinner- We ate here for breakfast and we liked it. So, we are going to try it for dinner. I've never seen Beast before and really want to this trip.

Tusker House- This is one of our favorites for breakfast. Again, their juice is amazing and I'm going to ask for a carafe of it when we go. And the characters here are awesome!!

House of Blues- This will be for dinner. I'm bot 100% sure about this one. I'm still considering it.

Akershus- Considering this one for breakfast while we are there.

Via Napoli- Again, another one of our favorites.

Garden Grill- A must do on every one of our trips.

50's Prime Time Cafe- We did this once and I think it will be fun to do again.

Art Smith Homecoming- We've never actually tried this one. I've heard a lot of good about it and want to try it.

1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Never done this one and want to try it.

Chef Mickey's- Another of our favorites.

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review- Never done this and I'm considering it.

Crystal Palace- Another of our favorites.

Liberty Tree Tavern- We did this once a long time ago and I want to try it again.

Boma- Considering this one.

Le Cellier- We've eaten here before and Chris says he wants to try it again. He loves steak. LOL!! So, we are possibly going to try it again.

Teppan Edo- This is a fun one. I love watching them make the food.

That's it for now. Wow....That's a lot of restaurants...LOL!!

LTT's menu has changed to AYCE. Take a look at the menu and see if it's something you'd still want.

LTT's menu has changed to AYCE. Take a look at the menu and see if it's something you'd still want.

Not totally - it is one choice. There continues to be 3 appetizers, 4 other entrees and 4 desserts offered a la carte. I agree check the menu It is very different

You've got some great options. A few thoughts to share on your latest list.

-I would push Garden Grill breakfast over Akershus - unless you have legitimate princess love in your family.
-Count in another vote for HDDR. It's a lot of fun. If you aren't sure, a "middle-of-the-road" option would be Whispering Canyon. But, until the construction is done at Wilderness Lodge, it loses a little something.
-Homecoming is a nice new place. For Disney Springs, it's toward the top if not there.
-House of Blues is ok. It's nothing amazing, frankly, outside of the venue.
-Boma is a great option, especially if you haven't wandered Animal Kingdom Lodge. I always go an hour or so before reservations and wander the Savannah look out and pool area. Grab a drink at one of the bars, and just enjoy the atmosphere before eating. And, the food is interesting - noting they have some "standard" fare for those less adventurous. It's nice to have something different.
-Le Cellier seems to be pretty polarizing. I've had wonderful experiences there (and I'm typically the pretty harsh food critic). Others seem to have eaten at the alternate universe Le Cellier. ;-) If you need other steak options, Yachtsman is good - though a bit "standard" in atmosphere. Jiko is wonderful for atmosphere. The steak is good (though not as good), and there are more options outside of that.
-Teppan Edo has gone downhill for me, unfortunately. The show is still fine. But, the food quality and portions are not as good as even a local Benihana. I actually enjoy the Biergarten for the "show" dinners in Epcot.

Enjoy!

You've got some great options. A few thoughts to share on your latest list.

-I would push Garden Grill breakfast over Akershus - unless you have legitimate princess love in your family.
-Count in another vote for HDDR. It's a lot of fun. If you aren't sure, a "middle-of-the-road" option would be Whispering Canyon. But, until the construction is done at Wilderness Lodge, it loses a little something.
-Homecoming is a nice new place. For Disney Springs, it's toward the top if not there.
-House of Blues is ok. It's nothing amazing, frankly, outside of the venue.
-Boma is a great option, especially if you haven't wandered Animal Kingdom Lodge. I always go an hour or so before reservations and wander the Savannah look out and pool area. Grab a drink at one of the bars, and just enjoy the atmosphere before eating. And, the food is interesting - noting they have some "standard" fare for those less adventurous. It's nice to have something different.
-Le Cellier seems to be pretty polarizing. I've had wonderful experiences there (and I'm typically the pretty harsh food critic). Others seem to have eaten at the alternate universe Le Cellier. ;-) If you need other steak options, Yachtsman is good - though a bit "standard" in atmosphere. Jiko is wonderful for atmosphere. The steak is good (though not as good), and there are more options outside of that.
-Teppan Edo has gone downhill for me, unfortunately. The show is still fine. But, the food quality and portions are not as good as even a local Benihana. I actually enjoy the Biergarten for the "show" dinners in Epcot.

Enjoy!
Akershus is mainly because I have two manly young men and want to see them with the Princesses.... Snorts....I'm probably going to change it, but I love seeing them squirm whenever I talk about it. LOL!!

After watching a few videos about HDDR, I've decided to do it. It looks fun and something to do at night on our Disney Studios day.

Definitely excited about Homecoming.

House of Blues is on my so-so list. If we have time we will go there, but it's not really a must do. LOL!!

I'm really looking forward to Boma. It's a definite must do for this trip. Plus going to the AK Lodge is another plus. We have never been there.

We enjoyed Le Cellier the last time we at there. My son is really looking forward to this one. It's one that he asked to do again.

You aren't the first person that has said that about Teppan Edo. I had another friend tell me that it's gotten bad over the past few years.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it!!

Akershus is mainly because I have two manly young men and want to see them with the Princesses.... Snorts....I'm probably going to change it, but I love seeing them squirm whenever I talk about it. LOL!!

I have two boys (and a DD) and I told them I was booking 1900 Park Fare because the step-sisters LOVE it when cute boys come to dinner. You should have seen their faces! I didn't book it, in the end, but I'm definitely keeping my eye out for them in MK. Mwaaahaaahaaahaaaaaaa!

I have two boys (and a DD) and I told them I was booking 1900 Park Fare because the step-sisters LOVE it when cute boys come to dinner. You should have seen their faces! I didn't book it, in the end, but I'm definitely keeping my eye out for them in MK. Mwaaahaaahaaahaaaaaaa!
I see that we have the same sense of humor. Lol. It's so much fun seeing them get all flustered. Lol. I just wish I had a camera out to capture the looks on their faces. Lol

I see that we have the same sense of humor. Lol. It's so much fun seeing them get all flustered. Lol. I just wish I had a camera out to capture the looks on their faces. Lol
I have a great pic of my son looking faux horrified with the step-mother/step-sisters at MK. They do fawn over the boys.

I have a great pic of my son looking faux horrified with the step-mother/step-sisters at MK. They do fawn over the boys.
I might have to do this. LOL!! I love torturing my son. He does the same thing to me. LOL!! Having Jordan with us is going to be different. Because I'm not 100% sure how he will react. LOL!!

Okay, so I was considering doing Cape May. However, because of my severe shellfish allergy it might not be a great idea. Mine is so bad that I can't even smell it being cooked. I was going to go for breakfast. I figured that it would be less dangerous. Because there is no shellfish on the menu. However, some people pointed out that there might still be a risk. I'll have to think about it. I know that Chris will get annoyed at me if we go there for dinner and he smells the food being cooked. Because he knows how bad my allergy is. I can't sneak that one in.

I'm seriously considering changing the Garden Grill from dinner to breakfast. They change our favorite meat. The steak is now pot roast. Chris doesn't really like pork roast. Ugh... He does like turkey, but I don't want to go there and just have him eat all turkey. Although he is quite the singular food person. I'm thinking that if we do an early breakfast, like 8 am or so, it will allow us to get into the park early. Just a thought.

I still have a little time before my ADR time. Ugh..... This is so hard. LOL!!

Okay, so I think I've narrowed down my selections. Of course it could still change because I've got the most important ones that I need to make reservations for. Been watching April the giraffe and trying to make up my mind. LOL!!

Arrival day we are going to eat at T-Rex. Yes, I know I've complained before, but my son loves it and I'm willing to go there for him. LOL

Breakfast-Crystal Palace
Dinner- Will either be at Be Our Guest or Skipper Cantina. Depending on whether I can get a reservation for BOG on that day.

Breakfast-Ohana's Best Friend Breakfast
Lunch-Either 50's Prime Time of Sci-Fi

Breakfast-Tusker House
Dinner-Sanaa

Breakfast-Garden Grill
Lunch-Le Cellier

Breakfast-Crystal Palace again because we love their food.
Lunch-Tony's Town Square
Dinner- Will be either BOG or Skipper Cantina

The next day is our off day. So, it will be a more free day to visit places further away from the parks
Breakfast-Trails End Restaurant
Lunch- Chef Mickeys
Dinner-Hoop Dee Doo- I want to sit in Section 1 so I will probably pay out of pocket for this one.

Breakfast-Akershus
Lunch-Via Napoli
Dinner-Teppan Edo

That's all I have for now. I know I'm missing a few meals and a few days, but I have about 2 weeks to decide the rest....

So tomorrow is my ADR day. I think I have everything figured out. Here are my plans....

T-Rex-Dinner

Crystal Palace-Breakfast
Either Be Our Guest or Skipper Cantina for Dinner

Ohana's Best Friend Breakfast
Mama Melrose- Lunch
Chef Art Smith's Homecoming-Dinner

Tusker House- Breakfast
Sanaa- Dinner

Garden Grill-Breakfast
Le Cellier-Lunch
Via Napoli-Dinner

Crystal Palace-Breakfast
Tony's Town Plaza-Lunch, not 100% sure on this one. I might change it.
Be Our Guest or Skipper Cantina

The next day is our off day. So I've planned to do some things we don't normally do.
Trails End-Breakfast
Chef Mickey's-Lunch
Hoop Dee Doo-Dinner

Akershus-Breakfast
Via Napoli-Lunch
Teppan Edo-Dinner

Tusker House-Breakfast
Boma-Dinner

Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

I do have Crystal Palace for lunch on a few days, but I'm not 100% sure about that.I like it and all, but it's kind of repetitive. So I'll wait and see what happens.

Have you done 3 TS in a day before?

I only ask because we can't.

Everybody is different but for us we can't do 3 TS in a day even if we can eat 3 meals a day at home. I even did one day with 3 very spaced out meals, and I went to them all (Josh skipped one), but I was way too full and didn't end up eating the whole meal for one of them.

Have you done 3 TS in a day before?

I only ask because we can't.

Everybody is different but for us we can't do 3 TS in a day even if we can eat 3 meals a day at home. I even did one day with 3 very spaced out meals, and I went to them all (Josh skipped one), but I was way too full and didn't end up eating the whole meal for one of them.
We have. On our trip in 2013 we had the Deluxe Dining plan. I remember that we were sooooooooo full..LOL!! There are a few that I'm iffy about. There are a few that I really want. Knowing me, I might cancel some of them. I just want to have the ADR's in case.

I figure that either way we will have some wiggle room. WE have the Deluxe Dining plan. There are a few days that I only have 2. I'm sure that we will be rolling out of them. LOL!! I know there are a few must do's. The others we can improvise on. LOL!! BOG is a given. LOL!!

We have. On our trip in 2013 we had the Deluxe Dining plan. I remember that we were sooooooooo full..LOL!! There are a few that I'm iffy about. There are a few that I really want. Knowing me, I might cancel some of them. I just want to have the ADR's in case.

I figure that either way we will have some wiggle room. WE have the Deluxe Dining plan. There are a few days that I only have 2. I'm sure that we will be rolling out of them. LOL!! I know there are a few must do's. The others we can improvise on. LOL!! BOG is a given. LOL!!

Ooo well if you have deluxe dining then that makes more sense! We always end up canceling some even when we get there but I hope we won't have to this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter