A few thoughts on AKV and BVC

rie'smom

<font color=green>"Always let your conscience be y
We started our trip last Sunday with 2 nights at AKV. Beautiful resort and we loved the savannah view! The food at Boma was fabulous- one of the best meals ever at WDW.

BCV was also very nice. We had a view of the Epcot fireworks which was a super bonus. Also a very short walk to Epcot.

The CMs were super nice at both resorts.

The beds though were awful at both resorts. My friend asked if the beds were so bad because we were in the villas. She and her son have been my guests before at CSR and she said those beds were much more comfortable. She mistakenly thought that the Swan and Dolphin were Disney owned and wondered why those beds were so much nicer. I wish Disney would step up
and improve the mattress quality. A good night's sleep means a lot after being
in the parks all day.

We had a wonderful stay and would stay at either again and would also recommend them. Just bring aspirin or Tylenol for the muscle aches after sleeping in those beds.

Not very exciting to hear aboutthose beds. But i'm glad that you had a wonderful stay nonetheless!

We have a AKV/BCV split coming up next month (not our first time), and we are absolutely excited about it. None have ever had any complaints about the beds at either resort.

I'm glad the rest of your stay was enjoyable!

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time at both resorts. We will be checking into BCV on Thursday so thanks for the heads up :goodvibes. Just out of curiosity, where exactly was your room at the BCV? I had requested the highest floor possible facing the woods....I am hoping to get a nice view of Illuminations (at least the high ones).

We started our trip last Sunday with 2 nights at AKV. Beautiful resort and we loved the savannah view! The food at Boma was fabulous- one of the best meals ever at WDW.

BCV was also very nice. We had a view of the Epcot fireworks which was a super bonus. Also a very short walk to Epcot.

The CMs were super nice at both resorts.

The beds though were awful at both resorts. My friend asked if the beds were so bad because we were in the villas. She and her son have been my guests before at CSR and she said those beds were much more comfortable. She mistakenly thought that the Swan and Dolphin were Disney owned and wondered why those beds were so much nicer. I wish Disney would step up
and improve the mattress quality. A good night's sleep means a lot after being
in the parks all day.

We had a wonderful stay and would stay at either again and would also recommend them. Just bring aspirin or Tylenol for the muscle aches after sleeping in those beds.

Thanks for the comments on the beds. We are staying at AK Kidani for two nights in September before heading "home" to CSR so I will be sure to have Aleve for Mark and I in case we need it. :)

Glad you had a good trip.

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time at both resorts. We will be checking into BCV on Thursday so thanks for the heads up :goodvibes. Just out of curiosity, where exactly was your room at the BCV? I had requested the highest floor possible facing the woods....I am hoping to get a nice view of Illuminations (at least the high ones).

We were in room 529. During the day, the view was of a bunch of trees and bushes but at night, we stood on the balcony, looked to the left and saw Illuminations. It was, we thought, a very nice view.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes!

I thought the mattress at BCV was very comfortable the last time I stayed there. It was a pillow top mattress. I've never had a bad DVC mattress. Maybe I'm not fussy.

But the newer sleeper sofas with the memory foam are not as comfortable to me because they are not very thick. BCV doesn't have that type, so they are more comfortable.

I thought the mattress at BCV was very comfortable the last time I stayed there. It was a pillow top mattress. I've never had a bad DVC mattress. Maybe I'm not fussy.

But the newer sleeper sofas with the memory foam are not as comfortable to me because they are not very thick. BCV doesn't have that type, so they are more comfortable.

My friend and I switched off beds-me from the king and she from the sofa sleeper because we wanted to try the other to see if it was more comfortable. They were equally uncomfortable. If those are pillow top mattresses, all I can say is the pillows were from a gulag. They were hard the way an old foam pillow gets. Usually, I'm not bothered by mattresses and sleep like a baby on trips but not this time. I would not have commented because at 53 sometimes I get more aches and pains but my friend is 30 so it wasn't just older bones and muscles causing the discomfort.

Sorry about the bad beds. I think its the luck of the draw.
There are good and bad beds at the resorts and dvc.

We stayed at AKV about 18 months ago and had the most comfortable king bed I've ever slept on. :love: Wish I could have brought it home with me. But no way do I expect that for every stay.

I hear you on the bed thing. The absolute worst bed I have slept on in my life was a King bed in a one bedroom at OKW (this was in June 09). It was like sleeping on a concrete slab. I had stayed at OKW many other times with no problem so imagine my surprise when I got in bed our first night and found it be so uncomfortable.

I am glad others were luckier than you, but sorry you got bum beds! It does stink.

I have had hit or miss beds at other resorts where I have had multiple stays. Even in the same resort, not all beds are created equal!

Glad the rest of your stay was magical and thank you for posting.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter