A few reviews from our recent trip (6/18-6/25)

momoflizandains

love "the world"
Here are a couple of blurbs about the restaurants we visited on our recent trip:

50's Prime Time: Our server wasn't really into it, therefore it certainly wasn't what we expected. Fried chicken was pretty good, and my husband didn't get enough potroast so finished my chicken. Kids had same mac and cheese served everywhere. We'll skip it next time.

Donald's Breakfastosaurus: We were the first into the park that monring as we had an 8:00 ADR. The food was great and the server made the meal. He included a couple of gags and great entertainment. Definitely will do next time.

1900 Park Fare: Again, we loved it. Our girls (5 and 8) spent the afternoon at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique getting ready to have dinner with Cinderella. We enjoyed this meal, especially the strawberry soup, vegetable egg rolls, and bananas foster for dessert. A must!!

Yachtsman Steakhouse: Everyone said this would be a fantastic meal. We dorpped the kids at the Sandcastle Club (which they loved) and headed over. I had the filet and my husband had the Porterhouse. Yummy!! My father had the prime rib, however, and it was not cooked (he ordered it medium) and even my husband couldn't eat it (he has a huge appetite and beef is his favorite). $212 later 2 out of 3 of us enjoyed our meals. The creme brulee for dessert was scrumptious.

Mama Melrose: We did this for the Fantastic dinner package which 2 out of 5 of us used. I had a good vodka penne and the pizza appetizer was delicious, but the service was less than stellar.

Chef Mickey's: My husband begged for this one. It was crowded and loud. I enjoyed the food, but I ate the pot pie and chicken fingers. Probably won't make the list next time.

Garden grill: DH enjoyed the flank steak, and I enjoyed the turkey with cranberries. The bread was great. Kids had mac and cheese and chicken fingers. Not what it was years ago.

Cinderella Breakfast: Again, we had a very early ADR and it was definietly worth it. We were among the first in the park, and the second to check in. Cindy was late for the photo session, but our princesses got their photos and we headed up. We started with the fresh fruit (excellent), then everyone got their plates. The cream filled french toast with blueberry sauce was excellent (but I don't do eggs). Pricey, but a good breakfast.

Le Cellier: I was so excited to eat here after hearing so much on the Dis. We waited forever to get in for our 8:00 ADR. Again, the kids went to the Sandcastle Club and enjoyed themselves. Pretzel Bread and cheese soup was very good, but my filet was overcooked (although, I loved the sauce it was in). My dad and I both ordered the filet medium; his was and mine was well done. I found this place to be OVERRATED!

Cape May Cafe: Excellent blintzes (cranberry apple). Otherwise, a regular breakfast buffet. My kids enjoyed the parfait bar.

Overall, we had some good meals, but I think I was expecting better. We used the dining plan, and I believe the service was not as good as it could have been because of that. My husband and I both found things at each restaurant that we really enjoyed. I thought the kids would turn into chicken fingers and mac and cheese by the end of the week. I would like to see more offerings on the kids menus. I always enjoy trying new places, and I believe it depends on the night you go as to how good the food is. Of course, we'll probably try all of these again in the future.

thank sof rhte reviews, I love 1900 park fare! sorry you did have the best experience at Le Cellier, it's one of my favorites. once again thanks for the reviews!

Great reviews. We have ADR's at 1900 PF and Donalds Breakfast. Glad to hear good news on them. We too thought LeCellier was overated.

Just curious--were there any OVERT acts from the servers that you could definately connect to your being on the DP??

Well, they were very pleasant and attentive when greeting and taking our drink orders. However, once we placed our order and noted we were on the dining plan, we often received little to no attention. This was not the case at Le Cellier, Donalds, Cinderella's Castle, or 1900 Park Fare. It could be, though, that the service is lacking at some of these places all around.

I', glad to hear you liked Donald's. I have an 8am ADR for my upcoming trip. My son begged to go to a "good breakfast place" one morning. I think he idea of a good breakfast is a double egg and bacon crossiant (sp?) at BK. I picked Donald's for early admission to AK to ride EE. I am not a "breakfast person", but I will eat any thing that is placed in front of me. Well, almost anything!

Max is my favorite cat! :love:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter