A few queries...

Disneydreaming85

Earning My Ears
Hi all

I’m booked on the fantasy 7 September sailing. I booked quite last minute so main dining wasn’t available and also we couldn’t book any character meet and greets. I did online checkin and the earliest PAT was 12.30.

So I’m booking a private transfer as want to get to the terminal for my PAT and not rely on Disney transfers.

Will I have any chance of moving my dining from late to main if I’m restricted to this PAT? Any any chance of getting an Anna and Elsa meet?

Where do I go onboard to make these changes?

Thanks all!

As for getting main dining, your best chance is to call DCL immediately and get yourself on the waitlist. Most request made before sailing are honored. If you do not get moved before sailing, you should go at the head server table, usually setup in front of Enchanted Garden, to request the change. They open at 12:30. There are two lines, the long one being for Palo bookings, the short one for table assignments.

To get tickets to the M&G, you need to go to guests services.

Where are you staying ? If it’s at WDW or MCO, then you can take the DCL shuttle and disregard your PAT entirely. You should get there no later than 1PM (from WDW), and maybe earlier. Unless the private transfer price is lower than the shuttle, there’s no real advantage in using a private transfer unless you do not like bus rides.

Thank you! I’ve added that request through my travel agent and via Disney so fingers crossed! Would I normally get an email if they do make the change?

Thank you for clarifying where I need to go, as I will go straight there when I board if needed 😊

I’m staying at all star movies before the cruise, I read somewhere that Disney transfers can get you to the port quite late? So thought if I booked private transfers I can at least get there for 12ish?

Thank you! I’ve added that request through my travel agent and via Disney so fingers crossed! Would I normally get an email if they do make the change?

I’m staying at all star movies before the cruise, I read somewhere that Disney transfers can get you to the port quite late? So thought if I booked private transfers I can at least get there for 12ish?

If you get moved, your TA (or maybe you ??) will receive an email similar to a cruise confirmation, with only the dining time changed. It will not say ‘we moved your dining’ so you have to analyze the email to spot changes. It could be a port fee reimbursement or another change.

‘Quite late’ is relative to the earliest you can get there, which is 10:15 via the MCO bus. You should get there around 12:30 or 1PM at the latest. By then, the terminal will be empty and you’ll breeze through the check-in process. The 30 minutes you’ll save by using a car service, while having to carry your luggage to that car from your room (they pick-up your luggage in the room if you use the shuttle), could be lost waiting in the terminal.

One advantage with a PAT of 12:30 is they will likely be in open boarding by then so you check in in the terminal and walk right on board.

Ditto taking transportation from WDW. In Feb I was at AoA and my pick-up was like 12:15. We were the last stop so we headed straight to the port. Got there, checked in, walked on board, and was able to go right to my cabin as they were like a minute from opening them. Since I only had carry-on, it was AWESOME to be able to go right there and get unpacked and settled before Muster rather than waiting for the suitcase to be delivered. I was out and about enjoying the ship by 2. (And I had eaten enough at Disney the day before and at breakfast I was not hungry, so I was not stressed about eating.)

You should get there around 12:30 or 1PM at the latest.

I believe this is about the earliest one might arrive at Port Canaveral from WDW using DCL Transfers, NOT the latest. DCL transfers don't pick-up at WDW resorts until sometime between 10:30am - 1pm, depending on how many resorts will be serviced by that bus and where your resort falls on the pick-up list. Arriving at 2pm isn't unusual with DCL transfers from WDW.

DCL transfers from MCO are continuous, with first arriving shortly after 10am until maybe 3:30pm.

OP - as suggested, get on the waitlist for main dining. Call (or have your TA call) periodically to check for you. You may or may not receive any notification, and might simply notice the change when you look at your reservation online at some point. If that doesn't come through prior to embarkation, check the Navigator that you receive at the port that morning, it will specify where to go for dining changes and also for tickets (occasionally it varies).

Enjoy your cruise!

My dining was just changed from Second to Main and I did not receive notice that it was done. I went into my reservation and checked every so often and that is how I found out. This is the second time we have requested a dinning change. We did not receive an notification the first time either. Just keep checking online in your reservation, that will show you any changes made.

I used a Disney approved travel agent. I was assigned 2nd dinning. My TA had me put on the waitlist for 1st seating. ( I booked my sept 28 cruise last week) two days later my TA emailed me that I was approved for 1st seating.

As far as changing on board, there was a second area on board to make changes, it’s in the bar/entertainment lounge on the same deck as you board. They have staff with laptops ready to help. Lines much shorter. (This was on the Wonder)

Hope this helps!

I booked using using the same Company that runs this site and the last 6 cruises I could not get main seating even when I got onboard. I think it all depends how full and how many young kids there are. Finally got it for my next one. They hold a few m&g at guest service but they fill up fast. I used to get early PAT but you wait in a crowded are. Now we go later, walk on board and less crowd at lunch and room opens shortly after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter