A Few Qs!

angel_nix

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the schedule for September has been released yet? We're hoping to take Lottie for a special visit before she becomes a big sister and are looking at either 10th Sept for 3 nights or 17th Sept for 3 nights, price difference of about £100!!

Also, has anyone travelled there whilst 22 weeks pregnant? Does the travel insurance offered by disney cover pregnancy complications? Obviously we have the european health card, but just wondered if anyone had any experience that they could share!

The park hours for September are already on the calendar on the official Disney site, but I wouldn't expect the park programmes to be released for September, until the beginning of September (as the season switches from high summer season to low season on 31st August).

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Having looked at the park times, it seems to make little difference, will wait for the new NHS DIscounts to be published next week and see what difference that would make!

Hi did you get your trip organised? We're going mid Sepember too - I'll be 26 weeks I think and we were told that the Disney insurance wouldn't be suitable.

I was expecting it to be expensive to get cover for me but actually the additional premium was added for DH who has high blood pressure (controlled for 10 years with medication so not so risky?!). We've booked it with Flexicover who I think were the first ones to come up on google and answer the phone on a Sunday when we were booking! I guess the cover is as much for having to cancel the holiday, cover lost luggage etc rather than the health cover so still worth having.
Kittb

Hiya,

I traveled 4 times last year with a pregnant woman :goodvibes

Disney's own insurance does not cover you for pregnancy. we used Flexicover and they do cover pregnancy related problems and they were very competativly priced too.

I wouldn't rely on the EHIC card personally, especially for pregnancy related problems...I'd be worried that half way through the EHIC wouldn't cover pain killers :lmao:

As for being at DLRP when pregnant just remember to take it a little easier...with Lottie around that should be quite easy...take it at your toddlers pace and you'll be ok. Make sure you take all of your notes etc with you just incase there is a problem while you are there.

In terms of rides, just avoid anything with a lap bar was how we went about judging what would and wouldn't be suitable, although a few have said that they felt Pirates wasn't suitable I'd never have been able to stop Ellie from riding that...oh and Buzz was the other exception although that's not really a lap bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter