a few planning questions

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by rosegoldmonorail, Jan 7, 2019.

1. rosegoldmonorail

rosegoldmonorail Julia

hi! my solo trip is from march 10 - 14, which means my fastpass day is on wednesday! i just have a couple questions...

1. how crowded is it usually in march? i'm going the second week so i'm hoping it'll be to early for spring break crowds (i hope)
    2. is it still difficult to get slinky dog? (i would rather not rope drop it)
    3. is it still difficult to get 7DMT?

also bonus question, anyone have any advice for a 22 year old girl doing her first solo trip?

2. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

2. Yes. You'll need to go 60+3 to have a good shot at it.
    3. It's still popular but not all that difficult to get at 60 days.

scrappinginontario likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rosegoldmonorail

rosegoldmonorail Julia

sorry, does 60+3 mean i need to try it for the third day of my trip? bc that works out then as i'm trying it for the 4th day :-)

5. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

It will be quite crowded. First of March through mid April is ALL spring break season. Weather should be lovely! Rope drop is your best friend. 7D seems to still be very hard to get.

rosegoldmonorail likes this.
  6. Belia

Belia Earning My Ears

Yes. So if you're looking to reserve Slinky at 60+4 you should be fine. Especially since you're only looking for a FP for one.

In re: to your first question- I have no idea! I'm going to be there one week before you, and I am also hoping for lower, pre-spring break crowds!

7. Branderson610

Branderson610 Earning My Ears

My family and I are going to be there March 10-14 as well!

8. rosegoldmonorail

rosegoldmonorail Julia

oh nice! where are you staying? i'll be at pop!

9. Branderson610

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We were booked at Pop but I changed it to Riverside. We like Pop but wanted to try something new

phewms and rosegoldmonorail like this.
  10. bernina

bernina Mouseketeer

SDD is still pretty tough and you’ll want to aim for as late in your stay as possible. 7DMT is possible but you’ll likely need to do a few days in to your trip to utilize your advanced booking window.

Just realized your day was today, did you get them??

11. rosegoldmonorail

rosegoldmonorail Julia

yes! well kinda... i got 7DMT for the time i wanted, and then slinky was available but it was too late in the day, and i'd rather not kill a whole day at dhs (not really a fan) so i'll probably just rope drop it :-)

bernina and poooh like this.
  12. Branderson610

Hi we are going to HS on 3/11 and there were no SDD fp's. I guess it is a really popular ride.

13. scrappinginontario

scrappinginontario DIS Veteran

It's one of Disney's newest rides and has only been open since June 2018. Yes, still popular....until SW:GE opens. :)

bernina likes this.
  14. Branderson610

I can't even imagine going to Disney when Star Wars opens. I think this will be our last Disney trip this year.

15. siren0119

siren0119 DIS Veteran

Yeah we weren't going to go this year again, but given the mayhem that will be SWGE, we decided to do one final hurrah and then take a few years off before coming back. We'll probably still take an adults weekend once or twice to go to Food & Wine or Flower & garden, but we'll spend our vacation dollars on other things with the kids in the interim.

Branderson610 likes this.
  16. phewms

phewms Mouseketeer

9th - 14th at same resort! Chiming in late but I was able to get slinky for a party of 4 when I booked FP yesterday morning. Only afternoons available.

17. rosegoldmonorail

rosegoldmonorail Julia

when i looked this morning there were fps for SDD in the evening for 3/13. idk if you can change your HS date though

18. DisArmyWife215

DisArmyWife215 Mouseketeer

I think you’d be okay as a party of 1 for most fast passes. Good luck on getting all you want!

Spend a few hours in Trader Sams Grotto at the Poly one night. They have fill up since it’s small but I think you’d have a blast!

19. rosegoldmonorail

rosegoldmonorail Julia

oooh good idea!! thank you!

20. mamaofsix

mamaofsix Mouseketeer

Your dates are March Break for a good chunk of the Canadian Population. Going by historical crowds the past number of years, you will see '10' crowds on a few days, and some 8 and 9's.

21. Tiggerlover91

Tiggerlover91 DIS Veteran

Doesn't 60+3 mean the 4th day? 60 would be day 1, 60+1 is day 2, etc .Am I understanding it wrong? :confused3

TammyLynn33 likes this.