A Few of My Favorite Things, A Race & Scrapbook Pages, Too! FINAL THOUGHTS

I saw this the other day and I just have to say MOI NEVER has cliffhangers...:rolleyes2

LOL, um...ok, what do you call them.

Tammie's Christmas TR was filled with tons of cliffhangers and tease. Kept me on the edge of my seat waiting for more.

It was totally worth changing some things around to be able to be there for you and support you!

Betsy, that's so great that things worked out that you could be there for Tammie.

As for training...well I subscribe to the Galloway method...run/walk and I love it...it makes me successful (there are some that look down on this method...but he is the trainer for rundisney). There is no way that I could ever run a 5K straight let alone 10 miles. But you have to go with what works for you and learn what you can and can't do. I started with the C25K and felt like a failure...when I switched to Galloway 5K I suddenly felt that a 5K was possible...then I started on the 10K and was getting close to completing the 10K program when the stress fracture happened. Once I could get running/walking again...I had about 4 weeks and each week I bumped up the weekly run distance a mile or so to get me to 8 miles right before the race. If you can do 8 miles they say you can do 10...the rush of the race will push you through. I recommend training for 5K, then 10K and then a 1/2 using the apps...they set you up on a great training program with the apps...telling you how much to run each training session working yourself up to each race distance....either the Galloway (lolo app) or the Couch series will set you up. Also if you look on the rundisney site they have training calendars.

I can't wait to hear about the Turkey Trot in a few weeks.

Any method, I respect for everyone who is able to train and follow through.

I do have a knack for cliff hangers, although this trip does not really have a lot of them! :cool1:

Lol, and then there was another ;) :rotfl2:

Your food at BOG looks great. That's one big sandwich. The pork looks good too.

Having lunch resies is great! That's a huge line you were able to bypass. Is that perk only available for people staying on property?

Loved your breakfast of champions. Dolewhip!

Your sunglasses as 3D glasses, was that with us? I think it might have been. I remember JJ walking away with his and us not noticing until we were by the Pinocchio Haus.

I truly love the magic of the preshow at Enchanted Tales with Belle. How strange, rude and creepy about the man who sat between you and Cammy.

You were smart to skip the LeFou's Brew to save your appetite. They are pretty filling. Gives you another reason to come back to WDW.

I look forward to hearing about the race details.

Finally got the PhotoPass CD! YAY, although we did not take very good advantage of it completely...we did get some nice ride pictures and some good pictures at MNSSHP. So here is #27 Expedition Everest!

I saw this the other day and I just have to say MOI NEVER has cliffhangers...:rolleyes2

:rotfl2: I have no idea what Michelle is talkinga bout...:lmao:

Tammie, LOVE your scrapbook pages, they are going to look fabu when you finish. Your pics of BOG were beautiful and what a score on the FP ressie. I am so thankful you and Betsy have each other to cheer and support each other. Sometimes no matter how old we are, we need reminders of what we know and what is right. I have said it before, so I will spare you both. :flower3:

Looking forward to reading about the race. :goodvibes

Thank you...I am so excited to have this trips album done when the TR is done...I am still working on 2012! I know...I need to get moving to the race...but hey we still have 19 more things to get through...

It was totally worth changing some things around to be able to be there for you and support you!

And I appreciate it...I needed a friend and you had been one...even if it had to be a behind the scenes friend for a long time. Which I am ashamed of...I am so thankful for your advice all through my training...CUPCAKE RUNNERS UNITE...rum and booze are really not my thing anyway! :rotfl2:

LOL, um...ok, what do you call them.

Tammie's Christmas TR was filled with tons of cliffhangers and tease. Kept me on the edge of my seat waiting for more.

You would have been there without the cliffhangers!

Betsy, that's so great that things worked out that you could be there for Tammie.

Any method, I respect for everyone who is able to train and follow through.

It seems that when you start out on something...you get way too much advice...but I am so glad that I sifted through all of that and found what worked for me...and found something that I do enjoy doing!

Lol, and then there was another ;) :rotfl2:

Your food at BOG looks great. That's one big sandwich. The pork looks good too.

Having lunch resies is great! That's a huge line you were able to bypass. Is that perk only available for people staying on property?

I think so in its current testing form...I had to use some combination of numbers from different parts of my reservations...BETSY THE QUEEN OF DISNEY BACKDOORS found this and we worked until my numbers worked.

Loved your breakfast of champions. Dolewhip!

What I would do for one now!

Your sunglasses as 3D glasses, was that with us? I think it might have been. I remember JJ walking away with his and us not noticing until we were by the Pinocchio Haus.

Yep, it was on our way to meet you...I was so nervous and excited!

I truly love the magic of the preshow at Enchanted Tales with Belle. How strange, rude and creepy about the man who sat between you and Cammy.

You were smart to skip the LeFou's Brew to save your appetite. They are pretty filling. Gives you another reason to come back to WDW.

I look forward to hearing about the race details.

Everyone wants the race...CLIFF HANGER for 20 more things...:lmao:

Joining in!

I'll be doing the Princess Half in Feb, I love reading about other Disney Runs! (I want to do the Tower of Terror 10 miler in the future!)

Where do you do your scrap-booking pages at? Is it a site or a program?

#19 Caribbean Beach Resort: Toes in the Sand, A Perfect Fit

Choosing a resort was probably the most stressful of everything that went into the planning of this trip. With needs, budgets and wants, along with waiting for Disney offers to happen and funny Disney math for months on end...I got a little CRAZY, okay probably a lot. I knew what I wanted, mainly a resort that I could come back to and relax at. CBR from what I read and saw filled my wants. I am the type of person that when my mind is made up, I dont need to constantly second guess my decision and I wanted to focus on other things...you know the fun stuff planning my time in the world...what I are going to do, see, eat.

I looked into changing resorts and staying at the resort that has been my top choice to stay at someday in WDW, but sadly there were no reservations to be found and it was right at the 30 day mark and I really could not do a lot of changes to the reservation. I was happy with CBR so it was not a big deal not to change resorts, just doing it more to make the trip less stressful.

Looking at the reviews many people complain that CBR is just too large of a resort and it is a lot of walking, I did not find that the case (of course training for the ToT 10 miler, a few walking steps does not scare me, in fact I like to walk when I have pretty things to look at). Our room was located between Aruba and Jamaica bus stops, and just across Caribbean Cay to the main pool and Old Port Royale. We also had easy access to both Aruba and Jamaicas pools. We never really needed to use the internal bus system thanks to our location. Even walking to the Customs House was not that bad of a walk. The only times I felt like the resort was huge was when the park bus we happened to be on would need to make the loop around the resort...which was not very often. I never did figure out whether we were the first stop or the last stop...most of the time the bus would enter from a back entrance at CBR near Jamaica and then depart after only stopping at Jamaica and Aruba. There were a couple of times we waited a long time for buses at the resort, but I think that was really not CBR fault but other things happening around WDW. Transportation to and from RunDisney events was flawless at CBR, which was an added bonus.

As for resort theming, I loved the colorful buildings surrounding Barefoot Bay and the sandy beaches. I am sad that I never got to lay in a hammock like I had planned..the opportunity was there several times, but I just did not take advantage of it. Several mornings when I got up before Cammy (morning person that I am), I either used the path around the lake or just went out and sat on a bench facing Barefoot Bay to enjoy the moment. One morning, I got a laugh as my mom sent me a picture of it snowing at her house in Colorado and I got to text back a picture of me sitting on the beach.

As for the room, it was just a standard Disney moderate room. One thing I noticed that it was a lot brighter of a room, then the rooms at POR (which I found very dark). I really have no complaints with the room at all…even with it being Nemo themed (did I mention that I hate Nemo?) LOL

I know that there were lots of people around us in rooms (parking lot was full), but the resort is surprisingly for its size, very quiet and we saw very little of our neighbors and we never heard them once!

The QS options at Old Point Royale we found to offer a wide range of selections…and I must say I love the Caribbean Jerk fresh potato chips! YUM-O. I also found that the shopping available was better than at BW.

As for the pool, LOVED IT! Although, I am not too fond of the poolside games and the CMs voice. The CM emceeing the activities was quite loud…no exactly peaceful. I really wish that we would have had even more time in the pool then what we had.

CBR really gave me what I wanted (and more). I would be happy to PUT MY TOES IN THE SAND at CBR again, as it was A PERFECT FIT.

Joining in!

I'll be doing the Princess Half in Feb, I love reading about other Disney Runs! (I want to do the Tower of Terror 10 miler in the future!)

Where do you do your scrap-booking pages at? Is it a site or a program?

So glad to have you along!

I am so excited for you and the PHM...Betsy who lurks in here is running it again this year. I have plans to run it in 2015...but right now I am thinking I need to do a quick weekend trip to F&W next Fall. I loved ToT...it was a great first race!

I use Creative Memories Storybook Creator to make my pages...then I store them on Mousescrappers.com and they are linked from there. It is a great online scrapping community dedicated to Disney pages! I have completely fallen in love with digital scrapbooking...I never thought I would leave traditional paper and scissors...but I am now HOOKED!

I recommend training for 5K, then 10K and then a 1/2 using the apps...they set you up on a great training program with the apps...telling you how much to run each training session working yourself up to each race distance....either the Galloway (lolo app) or the Couch series will set you up. Also if you look on the rundisney site they have training calendars.
Thanks for this info Tammy - is there an app for the 10 miler?

Thanks for this info Tammy - is there an app for the 10 miler?

No app for 10 miler...but the 1/2 is the same basic training plan that you would want to work through!

I am going to look up the training schedule from rundisney for the ToT 10 miler and send it to you. It will give you a general idea of how to train.

What a crazy couple of weeks it has been! I am so looking forward to a 5 day weekend for Thanksgiving at our cabin in New Mexico! Providing that we can get there...a lot of snow this fall and more on the way during the week has us questioning if we can actually get into the cabin and then get back out. Getting snowed in sounds so nice right now with how busy things have been at home. DS#1, Boo got cut on a fence panel the night before Halloween which landed us a trip to the ER at 8 pm. They did not stitch it for fear of infection...so we have been visiting the wound care clinic at the hospital every week. UGH...he had just made defensive tackle starter on his 8th grade football team and then got sidelined. Thankfully it has healed properly and we were released from wound care...now on to basketball season for him. DD#1 finished cross country season and now is having a go at swim season...plus, she has been working on her Girl Scout Gold Award (like Eagle for Boy Scout) and she had her project event last night...all that is left is submitting the final paperwork and getting it approved! YAY... DS#2, Goo, is just his normal self tagging behind big brother and sister. All of this plus lots of church things...Confirmation Classes for Boo and 1st Reconcilation and 1st Communion classes for Goo...along with Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Band, Choir...oh my life!

I really wanted to get CBR finished up...so here are the last 2 pages for CBR!

#19 Fall Decorations & Strolls Down Main Street

One of the things that was most important to me for this trip was not to find myself in a commando touring situation...you know rushing from each attraction to the next, forgetting to enjoy all the little things around me. It was important to me that I slow down and not worry about fast pass runs or wait times. I am not sure that I totally accomplished this goal, having Cammy along changed my touring mindset some...wanting to give her the best possible first trip ever! I learned on this trip that I no longer feel like I have to see, do and ride everything that there will be other trips for me.

I also was really looking forward to the Fall Decorations...I had seen WDW in the summer without decorations and I had seen WDW in all of its Christmas finest...Now I wanted to see it in the Fall! I was not disappointed!

Tammie, I have fallen behind (I KNOW you aren't surprised). :rotfl:

LOVE all of the new scrapbook pages, I wish I had that talent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter