A few closing to booking questions

Buzzandthemermaid

Mouseketeer
We closed last Thursday, 10/25, on our first DVC contract. :cool1: It was resale and our home resort is AKV. I have a couple of questions on the path to being able to book a reservation:

1. As of today, 10/30, I see our ROFR waiver under the heading 'notice' on the OCC website. When do you think I will start seeing our deed? Does this have anything to do with when I can call Member Services/Admin to get my number and website setup?

2. I have heard that DVC is telling folks they have to wait until they receive that snail mail envelope to get their member number and get set up on the website. Has anyone had any recent experience with that, good or bad? If I call member admin and they give me that line, I might just say thanks, hang up, and try to get another CM who will be more helpful.

Thanks!

Disney has verified that snail mail is the new policy so all you can do is wait for their mailing.

:earsboy: Bill

Disney likes to add more time needed to get your resale membership in place. Waiting for the snail mail will add a few days to the already long process.
What's next? Points loading one per day?

Disney likes to add more time needed to get your resale membership in place. Waiting for the snail mail will add a few days to the already long process.
What's next? Points loading one per day?

I know, right? We tried yesterday (6 days post-closing.) Called member accounting for member number as I read another thread where someone had success with them. Gave our contract # and seller name. They gave us a member number, so we get excited and try member services for online setup. Give them the number, nope, it's the seller's number, we're not set up yet. Oh well, I will probably try again today. We have 75 points that expire 2/1/2012. Hopefully late January will have something for us when booking time comes.

Final update:

Called member admin today. Asked for member number. Was given the wait for the packet speech. Said thanks, hung up. Said to myself that call doesn't count because no information was taken so nothing in phone notes. Called member accounting. Got new member number. They transferred me right over to member services. Set up online account. All set up on member website. Will have a trip booked within 24 hours. So the lesson here is member accounting hasn't gotten the 'wait for snail mail' memo yet. I hope for all my resale buyer friends out there they never do. Thanks so much for your help disers. :)

Final update:

Called member admin today. Asked for member number. Was given the wait for the packet speech. Said thanks, hung up. Said to myself that call doesn't count because no information was taken so nothing in phone notes. Called member accounting. Got new member number. They transferred me right over to member services. Set up online account. All set up on member website. Will have a trip booked within 24 hours. So the lesson here is member accounting hasn't gotten the 'wait for snail mail' memo yet. I hope for all my resale buyer friends out there they never do. Thanks so much for your help disers. :)

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

GREAT ADVICE! I closed the same day as you, Thursday 10/25. Read your suggestion last night and did exactly that this morning. Thanks for coming back and posting this very useful information!! Off to make my first reservation.

Maybe they just have days where they feel like being nice. We closed 10/24 and were able to get our information yesterday along with the online setup information. It really is all in who you talk to.

Congratulations to those of you who have been able to get their information! I closed on 10/29...hoping to be able to get my info early next week! Thanks for posting your updates so I know there is hope! :thumbsup2 So, do you call member admin or member accounting? I'm completely new to DVC...

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

GREAT ADVICE! I closed the same day as you, Thursday 10/25. Read your suggestion last night and did exactly that this morning. Thanks for coming back and posting this very useful information!! Off to make my first reservation.

That's great, congrats. I've received so much help on this board, I'm glad to pay it forward in whatever way I can. We booked our first trip this morning.

Congratulations to those of you who have been able to get their information! I closed on 10/29...hoping to be able to get my info early next week! Thanks for posting your updates so I know there is hope! :thumbsup2 So, do you call member admin or member accounting? I'm completely new to DVC...

What worked for us was member accounting (option 3.) Once they gave us our member number they transferred me to Member Services to get set up on the member website. This worked for me exactly one week after closing. Best of luck!

Buzzandthemermaid said:
What worked for us was member accounting (option 3.) Once they gave us our member number they transferred me to Member Services to get set up on the member website. This worked for me exactly one week after closing. Best of luck!

Exactly the same here. Option 3....obtain new member number....transfer to member services.....online activation information. Simple as stated. 800-*********. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter