A DLR Guide for WDW Vets

This guide has been very helpful. My DBF and I have only been to WDW and I was worried we might judge DL. So slowly I've been sharing this tips and I'm very excited about this trip!!

:thumbsup2 Thank you so much for this!! I realize it's a little bit older thread.. but I am a WDW vet. My DBF and I just moved to San Diego in May of last year and will be going to DL and DCA tomorrow for my birthday for the first time!! I am very excited!! :banana:

Thank you for all this information. You are really helping my family to plan the best DL vacation. That being said...

WHAT?!?!? There's no peoplemover in Disneyland?:confused:
During a time of poor management at DLR (the generally loathed Pressler and Harriss) someone had the bright idea to transform PM to Rocket Rods. But Rocket Rods was not well suited to the PM track and was closed after a couple years. So the PM track is still there above TL with nothing on it. :sad1:

I and others think PM will come back some day. However, one of the hurdles is that PM was in violation of some new rules for safety but was grandfathered in because it existed before the rules were made (I suspect TTA has the same situation). Now that it has been shut down it would have to comply with the rules. And that means it would have to be a different ride design. Many concepts have been discussed but one is that it may turn into the pods used in the Incredibles movie which were enclosed and that would satisfy safety rules.

For more info see:

http://www.yesterland.com/peoplemover.html

http://www.yesterland.com/rocketrods.html

and MasterGracey on MiceChat

Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II
Peoplemover 2
Details: Long-rumored revival of classic Tomorrowland attraction.
Project Status: Unknown.
Open Date: Unknown

AWESOME!!!
Thank you so much! We are going to a wedding in Vegas and then renting a car to drive down to San Diego and Anaheim.

You should write a book.

Wonderful information! Thank you so much!! We will be heading to DLR for the half marathon in September. It has been 20+ years since we have been to DL so I am looking forward to seeing it now.

The PM Is gone!!:scared1:, I know It was changed when It was theme to back to the future, and It had the rockets at least when we where there In 99/2000. But its shut down all together, so very sad:sad2:

I've spent a week reading various threads which, put together, don't hold a candle to the breadth of information in your posts. Years later, this post is still very helpful! Thank you so much!:cheer2:

Thanks for this. I'm a WDW vet but have never been to DLR..I feel as a Disney nerd, it's time to see the place where it all started. :wizard:

We have been to WDW so many times, we've lost count. This summer we are trekking out to DL for the first time. This thread has been a major help. For example; just knowing about the "blockout dates" for the So Cal Annual Passes helped us prepare to go while they were still in effect. Thanks.

HBC

This post just answered every question I had about Disneyland, and I've been researching for two days! Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together, you're a lifesaver!

Thanks for this. I'm a WDW vet but have never been to DLR..I feel as a Disney nerd, it's time to see the place where it all started. :wizard:

Yes! Definitely! We're WDW vets as well, having gone multiple times a year for the past few years...Just can't get enough of WDW!! :yay::woohoo::wizard: But we finally went to DLR 3 years ago and it's so much fun to experience the different climate, different rides and such. Also, if you're into Disney history, then yes you need to go where it all started. Start booking your DLR trip now! LOL

Just a wealth of information!!!! Thanks so much! I was trying to decide how to incorporate DL into our MR cruise trip--this has given me the tools to plan a fabulous day!

you have pretty much answered any question I didn't even know I needed to ask ! WOW - thanks so much.....from your one post I was able to plan my whole trip:goodvibes

We just did both DL and WDW In our anual Disney trip. Our frist DL since 2000, we like DL but still love WDW that much more. The biggest thing for me was thr feel, I always felt In DL It just did not have that pixi dust feel like I get In WDW,but that just might be me?:confused3. At WDW, I am In gulf with Disney at DL theres alot more Immediat non-disney things todo and I just thought that It a little of the Magic away. Dont get me wrong we love our trip to DL, but It diffently will be awhile before we go back. We will be back at WDW Oct of 2011

Thanks so much for this invaluable guide! I am about to start planning our first visit to DL and had no idea where to start. Your article was so helpful and covered so many things that I hadn't even thought to consider. For starters, we were going to take our trip over a 3 day weekend. Glad to know that this would have been a mistake since we are looking to avoid crowds.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter