a Disneymoon with my parents?!?

BELLE1109

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! This is my first trip report so please bare with me :-)
Also, a word of caution.... I am dyslexic. I sincerely apologize in advance for any grammar or spelling mistakes (teachers advert your eyes...)

On to the fun part...
DH and I were married in the wedding of my dreams in Cancun, Mexico last February. We brought 36 friends and family with us to Mexico and have a 2 week long blast!:cool1:
I tried with all my might to get DH to agree to a Disney wedding to no avail. The compromise? a Disneymoon!

Why are my parents coming? Since we were in Mexico for 12 days after our wedding this is not technically our honeymoon. Mum and Dad had already booked a trip attend Food and Wine and DH got to thinking..why not go for my birthday (coincidentally during food and wine)?
Little did I know he conspired with Mum and book a room at AKL for Nov 5-10... 2 months yipee!!
Now DH is the worst liar in the world and I am the biggest snoop in the world so he had to break down and tell me. Also, he’s smart enough to know that planning is my second favorite part to going to Disney! I’m what we call type A crazy LOL:rotfl:

This should be really fun b/c DH is a Disney Virgin!! I cannot wait to show him the world!
I have been to DW too many times to remember (I think* 15, Mum seems to like 16), always staying at either BC or POR. I am beyond excited to try a new* hotel.

Here is the crew!

Mum (58) - she started my love for Disney with a 5th birthday trip! Disney has aways been a very special place for us and we have taken many just mother/daughter trips.
Dad (60) golfer extraordinaire, lover of mirco brews, recently retired- go Dad!
ry%3D400

DH (28) risk manager, man of my dreams, first time visitor!

Me (25) human resource manager, crafter, detailed planner, disney addict

ry%3D400

and just for fun- my baby!

ry%3D400

Sounds like fun!!!

Disneymoons are the best! We got married at the POLY back in 2001! LOVED IT!! :cloud9:

I look forward to reading more! popcorn::

Congratulations!!!! Sounds like a very fun trip!!!! I can't wait to read more!

As previously mentioned, planning is almost my favorite part of going to Disney. I am behind with this trip though due to DH’s last minute (well 2 month plus) surprise... If only he understood ADRs opened 90 days in advance:rotfl:

Another fun Lee fact (I’m Lee by the way)- I LOVE planning surprises. I am beyond excited to have 3 people to plan surprises for this trip! I have already planned a trip to my local Disney store (conveniently opening this Monday) to pick up things for welcome baskets. I will also leave DH little gifts to build his excitement for the trip. A mickey golf ball here, a clue about mystery ADRs there...you get the idea.

So here is the plan thus far:
AKL Nov 5-10

ADRS:
Jiko, Nov 5
Aloha show, Nov 7
Coral Reef, Nov 9

What needs to be added to the fun list:
park days
boat trip to DTD - from YC maybe?
illuminations cruise (God willing)
JellyRolls
Raglan Road
GF spa
golf outing

and anything else you fabulous Disney experts suggest or I steal from your TRs!

Plane, Train or Automobile....

The one thing my DH neglected to book for us for this fab surprise is airfare. Being the frugal (okay CHEAP) woman I am- I scored us direct flights for our return trip, non stop on Airtran for $89. To make this rate even better- I used a $25 off coupon (google search ‘Airtrain Florida coupon’) I received for both of us. $178 minus $50 in coupons = $128 for each of us before taxes? Not too shabby for a direct.:yay:
Now If I could just find a flight there! I mean common who cares if we get back- getting there is the important one:rotfl:

My ideal flight is a JetBlue direct that arrives at 10:30am. I refuse to land after noon b/c I feel like its an entire day lost at the world. The problem its $199 per person. Okay, not outrageous- but if I could get cheaper think of how many more wine samplings I could do.:rolleyes1
I found a United flight that lands at 11am for $89 per person- but we have to change planes:confused3 neither DH or I are great flyers- four take offs and landings are four more than I want and two more than necessary.
what is a girl to do....

Hi Lee!
Love the start to your PTR! How fun that you will be celebrating with your parents! We've gone to WDW once before with my mom and we are going back in December.

Where are you flying from? That stinks that the Jetblue flight is so expensive. I agree that the direct flights are the best!

BTW, there is no boat ride from the YC to DTD. You can take a boat from POR, POFQ, SSR and I think OKW.

Where are you flying from? That stinks that the Jetblue flight is so expensive. I agree that the direct flights are the best!

I know! We are flying from Boston. I really shouldn't complain one bit about having to change a place b/c I am so blessed to be able to go on this trip.
my nerves get the best of my when it comes to planes:confused3

BTW, there is no boat ride from the YC to DTD. You can take a boat from POR, POFQ, SSR and I think OKW.

Is my brain fried or what? THANK YOU! I was thinking of POR but wrote YC on here and in my schedule- you just saved us a headache. I love the idea of taking it from SSR too- can you believe I've never been there- the theming of the hotels is actually a huge part of my love of Disney- I'd love to see SSR up close

DIY in room celebration?

I am in love with the idea of an in room celebration but I am not in love with the price. Last night I was meeting some girlfriends for drinks and had a few minute to kill at Walmart- danger alert- hide my credit card!
While in the craft section I came across an awesome Mickey banner that said 'welcome'- this got my wheels turning- could I pull off an in room celebration myself?
I think so! they also had Mickey confetti- perfect! I am pretty excited about this idea. I am racking my brain to think of a distraction to get DH out of my room and parents out of their room. I think I'll just sneak up to the room during pool time- those sun lovers won't miss me:rolleyes1

So now I am amassing goodies. In a stroke of fab luck- the Disney Store is opening at my local mall Monday:cloud9:

Who has ideas for me?

I am also mildly obsessed with my vinyl cutter- I cannot wait to make some custom shirts for the fam- these will be included in the goodie bags.

I am looking forward to finalizing our schedule this weekend so I can begin work in the fun extras!princess:

That is such a good idea! I saw those outrageous prices when I clicked on "Yes I will be celebrating" after I made my reservations. I like how they use that to link you to really expensive stuff. I thought they were going to link me to where I could enter in my information and they'd give me something for free! :rotfl:

I would say don't bring your room key to the pool and you can borrow DH's because you "forgot" yours. That way he can't walk in on you if he decides to come see where you went! :thumbsup2

I think the goodie bags are a cute idea! Maybe you can fill them with stuff you can use in the parks like, water bottles, or things to keep as souveniers, like picture frames?

thats a great idea about they key! brilliant!

I love the frame idea too- for pictures for the trip:goodvibes

I will put together a mock up after I hit the Disney store Monday. Its such an awesome surprise but I cannot justify the cost.

Hiya honey, I've found my way to your PJ and am loving it!!

You & your husband are adorable, you are so pretty :cutie:

I share your excitement when it comes to planning surprises, I love doing this and am trying to come up with some new ideas for my DH :surfweb:

You should definately do your own 'Welcome Celebration'. I decorated our room for the wedding and loved doing it! And then re-decorated with all our 'Just Married' items - you can pick up so much cheap but cute stuff on ebay and in the craft sections of supermarkets :thumbsup2 I'm going to do the same thing again for this trip, but Anniversary themed with christmassy bits too - you can never have too much christmas :laughing::santa:

We'll have to help each other plan our sneaky surprises!! :yay:

sometimes I really love my boss- he gave us a 1/2 day today to kick off the long weekend:banana:
so while my DH slaves away at work I am hitting the beach and taking a nap:rotfl2:

tonight my goal is to finish our itinerary- I should post it tomorrow.
I hope everyone has a wonderful labor day:thumbsup2

pre trip shopping!

how cute is this bathing suit? I got it for $34.99 on Target.com. its very retro- and I think pretty sassy for a one piece
41yuhoDweJL._AA400_.jpg

I also picked up this cocktail dress for my bday dinner. I can get a bonus wear out of it for DH bday (Sept 26th at Mohegan Sun)
31CggHOYOFL._AA260_.jpg

I went last year,
almost the exact same dates.
The weather was beautiful every day.
I would watch the weather at nite and they would say, a low of 55 at nite.
I don't know when that occured, maybe 3:30 in the morning, but it was always 65-70 degrees by 8;00 a.m. and in the 80's the rest of the time.
Looking forward to hearing how this time of year will go for you guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter