A Disneyholic introduces her retired parent to Disney - pre trip report

Oh I think this is going to be such a special trip - would love to see your Mum and Dads faces when the characters arrive. What a wonderful present for them, looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get back.

Have you thought about doing a guided tour of the park with your parents? I did it on my trip last may and it was really good, plus you get vip seats for the parade which in a busy week could be a big bonus.

We have done the tours before and really enjoyed them. I think as I have been so many times and know so much about the park I can be the VIP tour guide myself!! (Our guide said he hadn't had a guest be able to answer so many of his questions before! So I told him about the Dis!!)

Well with 11 days to go I still hadn't heard from the tunnel about what time train we had been moved to so I decided to give them a ring. We have been moved to the 6:05am, 15 minutes earlier which is good and the 20:37 (17 minutes later) on the way back. I'm pleased with this as it means I should get to Disney a few minutes earlier!!

Well I'm finally doing my single digit dance!! Whooooo. We went to Halfords today to get the headlamp convertor for the car. I'm starting to get excited about our trip!! This week I must burn a CD of Disney songs to play in the car, usually this isn't allowed as Pete normally drives on the French side (our rules are driver chooses the tunes!) but this time as I have to drive a week later when I go with Emily I am doing the French side driving. So I get to pick the music!!

Here's a little SDD for you------------->
:banana:
:banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Dtr wants to download some Disney music for my MP3 player, as I have bought headphone splitters so we can share. I think we'll have Halloween Lo Ween Everybody played over and over.:rolleyes:

Hope you don't drive your husband mad with 3 hours solid of Disney music.

Well my parents are arriving after tea tonight (they have to drive down from Yorkshire) and I am trying to get packed and sorted. So far I have all my stuff ready, DH says he will sort his later (after he has been to rehearsals at the theatre followed by a meeting!) so hopefully we will be packed and ready before we head to bed for a little sleep as we leave tomorrow at 2am. I have my plan kind of ready (I really wish the official website would keep its parade/show scehdule up to date, the one on there at the moment ran out on Friday) and now I just need to go and pack my waterproofs, from the look of the forecast we are going to need them!!

Have a fantastic time Karen! Look forward to reading & seeing all about your trip soon!! Do you think you're gonna have enough time to write a TR before you set off on your next trip?;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter