A Disney Ship coming to Australia ?

Sharkmeister

Mouseketeer
So, after watching the christening of the Wish this morning and listening to Josh D'Amaro speak, my Disney senses began to tingle.
I did a little investigating and found this:

1656582495148.png

According to this log, an Unnamed Vessel of an Unnamed Line will dock in Sydney, Australia and then sail in and out of Sydney for the next few months. It actually arrives at 4:30 am on the 27th, but docks at a different terminal around the corner. Long enough for photos, media etc and then repositions that night and sails out in the afternoon of the 28th.

According to DisneyFanatic.com there has been some work going on in the background to begin registering company names. This could explain why the Cruise Line is unnamed.

Could our "Wish" be coming true? I'm off to ask the boss for time off.....just in case.

Pretty sure contractually the Wish is at PC for the forseeable future. My guess is it wouldn't happen until AT LEAST the other new ships are built. They just don't have the fleet that the other lines who go to Australia have to support giving up the US-based market.

This is from the Florida Today Newspaper and I think it limits ports the Wish can sail out of: "Disney Wish weighs in at 144,000 tons and has 1,250 guest staterooms. It is powered by liquefied natural gas and Port Canaveral is the only North American port to offer LNG fueling for cruise ships. "

This is from the Florida Today Newspaper and I think it limits ports the Wish can sail out of: "Disney Wish weighs in at 144,000 tons and has 1,250 guest staterooms. It is powered by liquefied natural gas and Port Canaveral is the only North American port to offer LNG fueling for cruise ships. "
Where are the other two new ships going? I guess some other ports will have to start offering LNG fuel or else those ships won't be based in the US, which would certainly be a big change for DCL.

The next new ship will go to Port Canaveral (basically replacing the Fantasy schedule, as the Wish basically replaced the Dream). I am guessing Disney Cruise hopes that by the time the second new ship arrives, other ports will be able to offer LNG fueling.

I was pretty sure that Australia was intended to fill the weird gap in the Wonder's 2022 itinerary, but Australia continued to block cruise ships with no end in sight, and I think they finally decided to fill that gap with the extra (same ol') Baja cruises. My guess is that, if this is a Disney ship, it's going to be the Wonder. Just makes sense.

I'm actually thinking the Wonder too. Looking at it's itinerary, it has a sailing finishing on Sep 19 in Alaska. That puts her on the Pacific side to sail down, and all the other ships are around the Caribbean or Europe.
Any Disney ship will be fine by me. I'd love to sail on the Wonder again.

Is it possible for the Wonder to get from Vancouver in 8 days though? (Maybe 7 days as she will cross the international date line.)

As the last Alaska cruise finishes on the 19th now, and she is meant to be in Australia on the 27th.

Is it possible for the Wonder to get from Vancouver in 8 days though? (Maybe 7 days as she will cross the international date line.)

As the last Alaska cruise finishes on the 19th now, and she is meant to be in Australia on the 27th.
The Alaska cruise ends on September 19th & the mystery ship arrives in Sydney on October 27th so they actually have 38 days. Hmm…maybe time for Hawaii, Fiji, etc. 👍

The Alaska cruise ends on September 19th & the mystery ship arrives in Sydney on October 27th so they actually have 38 days. Hmm…maybe time for Hawaii, Fiji, etc. 👍
I totally misread that on the first post 🤦🏼‍♀️ I was wondering how she was going to cross the pacific in 8 days!

If she has 38 days there is definitely time for a couple of Hawaii sailings first. And a transpacific one.

It would be the Wonder. Already on the West Coast.

What will be interesting is where will the Fantasy go when New Ship #2 sails.

This would be great! Now I won't have to fly overseas to sail on DCL. No airfares, no exchange rates, for the first time DCL may look really affordable!!

Could our "Wish" be coming true? I'm off to ask the boss for time off.....just in case.
LOL. Well, I have family in Perth and I don't doubt this might be YOUR wish coming true, but they know I am a cruising buff and keep sending me articles on the protests over the restart of tourism and cruising , so not sure OUR wish is the best way to put it.

LOL. Well, I have family in Perth and I don't doubt this might be YOUR wish coming true, but they know I am a cruising buff and keep sending me articles on the protests over the restart of tourism and cruising , so not sure OUR wish is the best way to put it.
That's Perth though. They never want to open to anything. Aussies couldn't even get there the past 2 years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter