A Disney Food Reunion! (May 2021 Reviews from F&G, Disney, Universal, & More) Completed 7/16

I really enjoyed all your dining reviews!
I love bread pudding and will be staying at the Riviera so I may have to check out this treat!
We are staying at Portofino in September, thanks for the reviews on Bice and Antojitos both are on our list now!
We have tried to eat at Antojitos several times but they don’t open until 4pm and it just didn’t work for us.

Thank you! Yes check it out! It may have moved to Sebastian's Bistro though, I know they're serving it for dessert there. We're staying at Portofino too in Sep! Can't wait to hear how you like them! It can be tough to work the restaurants that don't open until 4pm into plans.

Taco Vampiro: Braised Beef on a Corn Tortilla with Crispy Grilled Monterey Jack Cheese and Salsa Ranchera

This was my favorite thing at F&G too!!! Leyton and I stayed in the park after Matt and Xavier went back to the resort and were planning to get one more on our last Epcot night but it started storming and we ended up just leaving :(

Steak Frites
Char-grilled Sirloin, Smoked Paprika Fries and Chimichurri

FVaXiKUl.jpg

This looked so good, and Josh said it was cooked perfectly. I kind of wish I ordered this after seeing it.

We ate at 3 Bridges too. Our cheese dip was just ok, my burger was insanely good, and Xavier's steak frites were awful. The steak was gray and way overcooked, and our server didn't come back around in time to try and send it back. We also had the churros, LOL!!! Matt had the lamb and it was just ok, Leyton had the tofu poke bowl and it was delicious.

Tell me how we're only a couple hours from Canada, but you can't find poutine anywhere in my area.

This does not make sense to me! You should be rolling in poutine, lol. Matt and I shared the Korean poutine from there and it was one of my favorite things from the trip.

Vivoli Il Gelato

We also had this! I had mango and strawberry and Matt had mango and pineapple. We thought it was so good, but yeah - it melts so fast!! We ended up throwing a lot of it away b/c we rushed to the bus stop b/c a storm was coming. So. Many. Storms. on our trip.

Also, we finally tried Shula's. Matt and the boys loved their steaks, my filet was overcooked and our three servers were all back and forth with a huge birthday party of like 20 people in the next room so we barely saw them. I was disappointed with the sides we got, but the mashed potatoes were a winner! The mac and cheese was watery and bland and we didn't even finish it. Matt and I split a salad and the boys split the French onion soup (which they LOVED.) Oh, we ordered the broccoli as a side, and when it came out the server put it by me and said, "this must be for you". What is that supposed to mean??? :rotfl: :rotfl:
I had the blueberry martini too and it was SO GOOD.

(oh and i'm watching criminal minds and it's another of those very specific criminal kind of episodes, LOL!! Brothers who kidnap and hunt people in the woods b/c they were abandoned as kids and sent to live with their uncle)

Agreed!! That's the best way to go I think!! Although sometimes the servers are not thrilled when you do this lol

Yeah I've had waiters be quite rude when you order less food, but I don't think you should have to order a three course meal and drinks to get good service :rolleyes2

This was my favorite thing at F&G too!!! Leyton and I stayed in the park after Matt and Xavier went back to the resort and were planning to get one more on our last Epcot night but it started storming and we ended up just leaving :(

Oh no that's sad!

We ate at 3 Bridges too. Our cheese dip was just ok, my burger was insanely good, and Xavier's steak frites were awful. The steak was gray and way overcooked, and our server didn't come back around in time to try and send it back. We also had the churros, LOL!!! Matt had the lamb and it was just ok, Leyton had the tofu poke bowl and it was delicious.

You had like the opposite meal of us :rotfl: I wanted my burger to be so much better, but it super overcooked. I wasn't super crazy about the churros either compared to other ones I'd had.

This does not make sense to me! You should be rolling in poutine, lol. Matt and I shared the Korean poutine from there and it was one of my favorite things from the trip.

I know!:sad: I think Buffalo may have some? Some places do takes on poutine, but it's really just fries with stuff on them and not actual poutine.

We also had this! I had mango and strawberry and Matt had mango and pineapple. We thought it was so good, but yeah - it melts so fast!! We ended up throwing a lot of it away b/c we rushed to the bus stop b/c a storm was coming. So. Many. Storms. on our trip.

I also had to rush to the bus stop after eating mine! I just ended up making a mess all over myself and everything.

Also, we finally tried Shula's. Matt and the boys loved their steaks, my filet was overcooked and our three servers were all back and forth with a huge birthday party of like 20 people in the next room so we barely saw them. I was disappointed with the sides we got, but the mashed potatoes were a winner! The mac and cheese was watery and bland and we didn't even finish it. Matt and I split a salad and the boys split the French onion soup (which they LOVED.) Oh, we ordered the broccoli as a side, and when it came out the server put it by me and said, "this must be for you". What is that supposed to mean??? :rotfl: :rotfl:
I had the blueberry martini too and it was SO GOOD.

I'm so happy you tried it! But that's so disappointing about the filet because I don't think I've ever had a bad one there. I've tried a lot of the sides, and I do have to say quite a few are disappointing. I didn't really like the mac and cheese either! I was so happy when they added it, and then I don't remember it having any flavor at all. The french onion soup is good!

Lol what was that supposed to mean? I hate weird waiter comments like that :rotfl: It's like the guy in Wine Bar George all over again! Sometimes I think waiters perceive some food as being gendered almost? Like if Josh orders a salad they think it's something I ordered. The blueberry martinis are very good!

(oh and i'm watching criminal minds and it's another of those very specific criminal kind of episodes, LOL!! Brothers who kidnap and hunt people in the woods b/c they were abandoned as kids and sent to live with their uncle)

I probably watched that one recently :rotfl: We rewatched from season 3 onwards (I never really liked Gideon or Elle that much lol and one of the first episodes I watched when started the show was the college campus one where Gideon leaves so I just started there and I think we're going to watch until Hotch and Morgan are gone. And then we have to watch the actual last season that aired). We're on what I call the Jennifer Love Hewitt season now which I think is like 10. :lmao:

You had like the opposite meal of us :rotfl: I wanted my burger to be so much better, but it super overcooked. I wasn't super crazy about the churros either compared to other ones I'd had.

I laughed when I was reading your report on it b/c yes, it was like we had exactly the opposite experience with the foods we ordered!! I also had the sangria flight and I forgot to take any pictures of it until there was like one sip of red and one sip of white left :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
For me, no churros will ever compare to Nomad Lounge!! I probably think about those once a week :D

It's like the guy in Wine Bar George all over again!

I forgot about the wine bar george guy!! These servers need to stop judging our food choices and how much we do or do not leave on a plate, LOL!
I was really taken off guard by the broccoli comment b/c I didn't know if I needed to be insulted or not :rotfl: The truth is, the kids picked the broccoli but I guess no one is going to assume that. We were so glad to finally try Shula's, since we book it literally every single trip and I cancel every time. Matt and the boys' steaks were perfection, it was only mine that wasn't, which has less to do with Shula's and more to do with my "meal curse". If something goes wrong with a meal, it's always mine. (I guess this time the exception was Three Bridges b/c Xavier caught the curse there, lol)

I laughed when I was reading your report on it b/c yes, it was like we had exactly the opposite experience with the foods we ordered!! I also had the sangria flight and I forgot to take any pictures of it until there was like one sip of red and one sip of white left :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
For me, no churros will ever compare to Nomad Lounge!! I probably think about those once a week :D

Ooo the sangria flight sounds good. Was it as fun as the Brown Derby margarita flight? :rotfl: Omg those are the best churros! It's true, nothing compares!

I forgot about the wine bar george guy!! These servers need to stop judging our food choices and how much we do or do not leave on a plate, LOL!

Lol we also had a guy in Denver exclaim "Wow you really cleaned your plate!!" or something, and it did not feel like a compliment. :lmao: They should stop judging us lol

I was really taken off guard by the broccoli comment b/c I didn't know if I needed to be insulted or not :rotfl: The truth is, the kids picked the broccoli but I guess no one is going to assume that. We were so glad to finally try Shula's, since we book it literally every single trip and I cancel every time. Matt and the boys' steaks were perfection, it was only mine that wasn't, which has less to do with Shula's and more to do with my "meal curse". If something goes wrong with a meal, it's always mine. (I guess this time the exception was Three Bridges b/c Xavier caught the curse there, lol)

I don't know why they'd think the broccoli belonged to any specific person. :rotfl: I'm so sad yours wasn't good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter